Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Newly minted Stam Sorc Champ gear?

Llegien20
Llegien20
Soul Shriven
Hey guys! Just hit 50 and got up to cp30 last night. My gear is level 40 training gear and I'm starting to become ineffective. What are some sets I could roll into that would help me get to cp160? Should I get more training gear made for cp30-40? I'm mostly a solo player currently. Thanks guys!!!

Best Answer

• davey1107
    davey1107
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congrats on vetdom!

You do need new armor. The level 40 is too low and will make you weak as a vet. You can probably get by with one more set to wear to cp160. The rules on what type dont really change until you hit c160 and start looking for endgame gear...for now you can wear pretty much any two stam sets you want to.

Trait: training gives more xp for kills. You have a looooooong grind to cp600 (though 160 won't take long) You might consider using training for now, and even creating a training trait grind set for everyday trash mob play. For tough content where you're struggling, divines is preferred...impenetrable for pvp helps...infused isn't bad.

Sets: these are totally up to you. Hundings Rage is probably the best base set for a stam build. You can wear it now...you can wear it as c160. My vet stam characters carry every piece in gold Hundings so that they can mix and match it with any other set depending on what I'm playing at the time. If you decide to make a grind set both now and at c160 with the training trait, Willows Path is a decent option. I used Willows with training traits for doing like psijic runs in public dungeons to grind champion points...especially when a double xp even comes along.

For longer term and hard fight sets, your best "easy to get gear" is to combine Hundings, night mothers gaze and agility. I also like Hundings plus night Silence plus agility, carrying a few extra night silence for when I want speed. I also like Briarheart to supplement with Hundings. Like I said...a stam sorc offers a lot of flexibility.

I like a 5/5/2 setup with dual wield on my attack bar, which means two complete sets and a monster helm. When you get to c160 I'd recommend making Hundings your base set and working that to purple/gold. Especially make your weapons gold - it's like a 15% attack boost. Farm a stam dps monster helm. Then experiment with a secondary set to figure out where you're weak...dps, regen or whatever.
    Answer ✓