Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

[BUILD] PVE Hybrid Tank-Healer for fast 3 DD groups (vDSA approved!)

soll
soll
✭✭✭

Hello everyone, there is hybrid build of Tank and Healer for very fast 3 DD runs made by my friend @Niacris_68. It's perfect for all the vet dungeons, so as Hist and Imperial City ones, and even vDSA B) Another useful aspect of this set up is that you can easily carry new players, who have a bad DPS, through vet hm dungeons, and group will not feel any discomfort or damage lose (if another 2 dd are average). Need to mention, that this build can be complicated to learn how to play it, also it demands high CP and good knowledge of the game mechanics.

General information:
Class – Templar
Race – Argonian. They have perfect passives for current tank-healer set up, making all of them useful.
Mundus – Atronach is most optimal choice. Usage Breath of Life demands good magica sustain.
Food and Potions – Tri-stat max food together with Tri-stat potions. With argonian passive they are giving you full stats every time you drink a potion.

Equip
5 heavy, 2 light
Sets – 5/5 Akaviri Dragonguard, 5/5 Alteration Mastery, 2/2 Lord Warden.
All armor enchants – multi effect (3 stats, Hakejo). Weapon enchants – Crusher, both of weapons. Jewelry –Mana Regen.

O_5D1146ie8.jpg

Skills

63cjttQDQDU.jpg

Here I need to point two "uncommon" skills used.
Elusive Mist – is our "mana block". It can help to mitigate damage of certain "unblockable" bosses' attacks, avoid some knock backs, and just helps to save and manage our stamina. You can't regen your magica (unless it's Channeled Focus), get heals or use other skills when effect is on, however you can stop/interrupt it anytime you want with block or weapon swap. Use it smart, lives of your allies are in your hands! :)
Blazing shield – primally is used for mass agro of mobs. More about mass agro below. Gives about 8,5k+ shield.

Champion System

Points in Thaumaturge, Elemental expert helps us with mob's pull on us (and not on DD). 16 points in Heavy armor focus gains us cap of physical resistance.
Options for 600 and 300 cp:

_JS0fZ1OFWs.jpg

Advices on How-to-play-it

Because in TESO there is no "mass agro" skills, in this build it works through this combination: cast Blazing Shield, couple Blazing Spear, then move towards mobs, Ritual of Retribution, Radiant Aura, Channeled Focus. Taunt the most dangerous and big mobs and cast again Blazing Shield and Blazing Spear if there are still more mobs.
Why you are not using caltrops? They cost way too much stamina for hybrid build. With this combination you don't waste too much resources for simple agro, and mobs doesn't go for our DD's.

Radiant Aura in this patch bugged (?) and it works through walls, doors and any others hedges, so be careful when casting it. Sometimes it's better to cast couple Mystic Orb. For example – waterfall in Mazzatun, Couple places in ICP and WGT. No one likes extra packs of mobs :p

And remember, that you are the one, who providing sustain for your team.

I would strongly recommend to run this build together with Elemental Fury – mana DK heavy attack build, because it provide extra support, that we are missing, and also we can swap Radiant Aura for Repentance, because DK can apply Ele Drain on mobs. They works perfect together :smile:
guide here – https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en-GB/discussion/309550/elemental-fury-pve-heavy-attack-dk-build-homestead-ready-vmol-approved/p1 by @Masel92

Stats

Food, no buffs
stats.jpeg

Self Buffs (no horn)
_n7HeQzVevI.jpg

Overall, gameplay in this build is interesting, even if it's hard, so good luck for all, who is going to try it. Sincerely, @Niacris_68, Guild Master of Guardians of Almalexia.

EU PC
I like to heal
Triggered Tryhards/ HighRisk
EP – Sollencia
AD – Sollencia Overdose
When you've invested time and money into a company, you have the right to be upset over changes that will negatively affect your experience and gameplay.

• wookikiller95
    wookikiller95
    ✭✭✭
    Nice build!

Hopefully u can use it after morrowind launch
    Edited by wookikiller95 on April 13, 2017 5:36PM
  • soll
    soll
    ✭✭✭
    yea, removing of cost reduction passives need to be tested. we'll see :#
    EU PC
    I like to heal
    Triggered Tryhards/ HighRisk
    EP – Sollencia
    AD – Sollencia Overdose
    When you've invested time and money into a company, you have the right to be upset over changes that will negatively affect your experience and gameplay.

• Masel
    Masel
    Class Representative
    Thanks for the mention :) really appreciate it! Sounds like a fun build, I'd try it if I weren't too lazy to level heavy armor on my magplar :D
    PC EU

All Trial Trifecta Titles Done!

Youtube:
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChVEG6ckuAgGs5OyA6VeisA