Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Looking for help deciding a role for Templar.

killerboy41
killerboy41
Soul Shriven
I'm looking for advice on choosing a role (DPS/tank/healer) for my templar. Right now I pretty much entirely play solo PvE doing the campaign but eventually want to try out group PvE stuff and maybe PvP but I've never been a fan of PvP in MMOs. I'd like to have a role I could use to solo through the game's quest so that I could learn to play that role. And when I get higher levels start doing group PvE things with some experience. I'm level 22 and have mostly been using the templar's class abilities and one or two abilities from the 2h skills and bow skills switching between them and have equally leveled most of the templar's abilities and armor types.
I'm playing as a Breton in their respected alliance if that changes anything.
  • Fyaal
    Fyaal
    ✭✭✭
    You'll want to either focus on stam or magicka. Not both. Breton lends itself to being a healplar.

I play a Stamplar which i love, and a healplar when the group needs it. Personally, stamplar is a lot of fun, but magplar dps is higher.

If you want to do DPS, high resource pool is defintely required. Check out tamriel foundrys build guides for some ideas: tamrielfoundry.com/forum/classes/templar-class/
    Fyaal - EP Stam DK Grand Overlord
    Invictus
    Nexus Haxus
    Hijinx
    IR
  • AcadianPaladin
    AcadianPaladin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I run a magplar healer and she does solo PvE just fine. The same healing and support that helps others is both her defense and augments her own dps. I find the key to being a healer is a nurturing and supportive attitude. While you can survive solo just fine, you are at your best on the fringes helping others safely vanquish their foes. No glory but loads of quiet satisfaction.
    PC NA(no Steam), PvE, mostly solo
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I run a magplar healer and she does solo PvE just fine. The same healing and support that helps others is both her defense and augments her own dps. I find the key to being a healer is a nurturing and supportive attitude. While you can survive solo just fine, you are at your best on the fringes helping others safely vanquish their foes. No glory but loads of quiet satisfaction.
    You will run an dps setup for the healer and tank for questing, mostly by swapping skills and weapons.
    For tank you would use medium for dps. For dps in dungeons you would also want other gear for healer.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.