Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Question regarding completing low writs at high levels

zdragonlord
So as of the One update, it has become very hard to complete writs lately. All I seem to find is birch and ruby wood (need yew). Trying to figure out how to find the material I need to complete my tasks and not the ones later. Currently above champ 160, which is probably the core issue, but I don't see why they would lock people out of crafting as their level goes up.

Any ideas where/how I can get yew in this situation?

Best Answers

• paulsimonps
    paulsimonps
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    You can buy them from guild stores. But obviously people need to have put them up for sale first. And best way to power level the 3 equipment crafting skill trees is to deconstruct items. Grind some quests in zone and you will get plenty of items, decon ALL of it. You can also go to guild stores and buy intricate items, they give more exp than normal items when deconstructed.
    Answer ✓
  • AntMan100673
    AntMan100673
    ✭✭✭
    You're getting ruby wood because of your level and birch due to the number of skill points into woodworking.

Your writs should be asking you to make birch items not yew. Have you tried dropping the writ and picking a new one up?
    EU - EP - Dunmer - Dragonknight - Magicka DPS - CP160

GT: AntMan100673
    Answer ✓
  • paulsimonps
    paulsimonps
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Buy it. Also some of your nodes should be that material if you are not maxed in crafting. But really just don't bother with the pledges until you are maxed out in the crafting tree in my opinion. It doesn't take long and you can power level basically all the skills.
  • zdragonlord
    Where do you buy materials from? Lol, I didn't know you could.
    I thought so with the nodes, but after 2 hours of wandering, those two wood sources were all I found. Also, what is the best way to powerlevel these? It seems to take forever to get anywhere...
  • zdragonlord
    Thanks for the replies.

As poor as I am (so can't buy, which is fine), I always decon everything regardless. Should sell, but who can throw away free xp?

I might just do that Ant, see what happens.