Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Rend vs Flawless Dawnbreaker

techprince
techprince
✭✭✭✭✭
On NB, in PvE, with high crit build, against bosses without VMA weapons.
Edited by techprince on April 8, 2017 1:43PM
  • Izaki
    Izaki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Flawless DB frontbar and Balista backbar could work pretty well IMO.
    @ Izaki #PCEU
    #FrenchKiss #GoneFor2YearsAndMyGuildDoesn'tRaidAnymore
    #MoreDPSthanYou
    #Stamblade
  • Fyaal
    Fyaal
    ✭✭✭
    Dawnbreaker's initial damage and DOT would work far better than rend. Rend is also hard to aim, and youll end up missing a lot.
    Fyaal - EP Stam DK Grand Overlord
    Invictus
    Nexus Haxus
    Hijinx
    IR
  • Kram8ion
    Kram8ion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rend's tool tip looks great but it's really disappointing every situation I've tried it
    ps4eu
    Kramm stam man kittyblade

• davey1107
    davey1107
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm a fan of rend, and Alcast uses it in his stamblade builds. If he says it outperforms FD, it outperforms it.

I think dawnbreaker offers a little more dps, but rend brings in its amazing heal for tough fights. Since I use mymultimates for saving my butt, I usually stick w rend.
  • techprince
    techprince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So 8% weap damage is still better than non-empowered rend dot?
  • Izaki
    Izaki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    davey1107 wrote: »
    I'm a fan of rend, and Alcast uses it in his stamblade builds. If he says it outperforms FD, it outperforms it.

I think dawnbreaker offers a little more dps, but rend brings in its amazing heal for tough fights. Since I use mymultimates for saving my butt, I usually stick w rend.

Not everything someone says is true. Even if its Alcast.

@techprince
    With vMA weapons, Rend does the most damage of all available ultimates to the stamina nightblade. Without vMA weapons, Rend, Ballista, Shooting Star and Dawnbreaker of Smiting (NOT Flawless Dawnbreaker) are pretty close.

Flawless Dawnbreaker is only good as a way to get more weapon damage on your front bar, the damage from the ultimate itself is pretty crap. So if you've decided on using Flawless Dawnbreaker, it will be there just for the weapon damage but you won't use it at all, your actual "main" ultimate would be either Shooting Star or Ballista. However, if you want to use Dawnbreaker as your main ultimate, then use Dawnbreaker of Smiting, it does WAY more DPS.
    Edited by Izaki on April 10, 2017 2:03PM
    @ Izaki #PCEU
    #FrenchKiss #GoneFor2YearsAndMyGuildDoesn'tRaidAnymore
    #MoreDPSthanYou
    #Stamblade
  • techprince
    techprince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    davey1107 wrote: »

Not everything someone says is true. Even if its Alcast.

@techprince
    With vMA weapons, Rend does the most damage of all available ultimates to the stamina nightblade. Without vMA weapons, Rend, Ballista, Shooting Star and Dawnbreaker of Smiting (NOT Flawless Dawnbreaker) are pretty close.

Flawless Dawnbreaker is only good as a way to get more weapon damage on your front bar, the damage from the ultimate itself is pretty crap. So if you've decided on using Flawless Dawnbreaker, it will be there just for the weapon damage but you won't use it at all, your actual "main" ultimate would be either Shooting Star or Ballista. However, if you want to use Dawnbreaker as your main ultimate, then use Dawnbreaker of Smiting, it does WAY more DPS.

Lets say we have 2 passive ultimates (or low usage ultimates) - Flawless Dawnbreaker and Incap Strike.
    We now have 3 active ultimates - Shooting Star, Ballista, Rend.
    Now with high crit chance i dont really need Incap Strike slotted for crit bonus. That leaves us with Flawless Dawnbreaker, Shooting Star, Ballista and Rend.

Now i need DPS info on these combinations considering all the parameters from my first post :
    Rend front + Flawless back
    Flawless front + Shooting star back
    Flawless front + Ballista back

Edited by techprince on April 10, 2017 2:29PM