Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of October 7:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 7
• Xbox: EU megaserver for maintenance – October 9, 2:00 UTC (October 8, 10:00PM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)

Simon Twilight Matriarch vs Breath of life

• Espica
    Espica
    ✭✭
    exeeter702 wrote: »
    If my healer is a sorc with a bird, I am leaving group instantly. Sorcs don't even compare to a real healer ie Templar.

Edit: name calling is probably uncalled for.

Sorcerer healers are very strong. Outside of a resource utility that is complete overkill in 4 man dungeons. All 4 of the healing options in this game produce equal healing output. The fact that you are calling templars "real" healers speaks volumes about your utter lack of understanding in regards to how this game's class/role system is desgined.

Dk possesing an entirely SELFLESS heal along with the most accessible form.of major mending is not an accident. Changing there molten shell ultimate to a group wide bubble without the need for a synergy was not an accident. Sorceres being given the strongest burst heali n the game, and an ultimate dedicated strictly to healing a group is not an accident. Nightblades having a SELFLESS healing ultimate that does no damage, passive that increases healing output and refreshing path are not accidents. Sentinel monster set and dsa resto staff are not accidents.

Understand there is a very big difference between the intention of design and the execution of it. Templars are given exclusive class rights to stamina group regen utility not becuase zos considers them the intended exclusive healer in this game but because it wants class diversity where an even spread od classes in a group regardless of role can bring something to the table. Everything in the restoring light tree, passives included, are equally suited to reinforce a templar tank as the skill line is to reinforcing a templar healer. Which the irony here is shards isnt even found in said tree. The biggest argument for templars being the "intended" or "real" healer is based on a skill that is not even located in the "healing skill line".

You dont need that utility in 4 man vet dungeons unless you are a try hard raid healer going into a 4 man vet with a vmol hm setup. I would sooner kick the dumb ass templar that shows up for a 4 man dlc pledge throwing orbs shards and healing springs every other second over a strong non templar healer that buffs and debuffs just the same while providing solid dps to the group on their own. Just to be clear, templar healer dps while not quite as strong as a nb healer dps is still good. Its just people with your mindset about templars being the real healers enforces the notion that non templar healers have a stronger grasp on their class' healing capabilites and damage.

And in vet trials, the most potent raid heals are combat prayer and springs. All of which are not exclusive to templars. And if you are stacking 2 templars in rhe healing role, more power to you, but there is a VERY real and easy case to make in the vein of "your doing it wrong"....

I'm sure you can notice that DK was meant to be the tank, Templar the healer, and NB and Sorc the DPSs.
    But every class was given tools to play any of the roles to give players the freedom to be whatever they wanted to be.
  • exeeter702
    exeeter702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Espica wrote: »
    If my healer is a sorc with a bird, I am leaving group instantly. Sorcs don't even compare to a real healer ie Templar.

Sorcerer healers are very strong. Outside of a resource utility that is complete overkill in 4 man dungeons. All 4 of the healing options in this game produce equal healing output. The fact that you are calling templars "real" healers speaks volumes about your utter lack of understanding in regards to how this game's class/role system is desgined.

Dk possesing an entirely SELFLESS heal along with the most accessible form.of major mending is not an accident. Changing there molten shell ultimate to a group wide bubble without the need for a synergy was not an accident. Sorceres being given the strongest burst heali n the game, and an ultimate dedicated strictly to healing a group is not an accident. Nightblades having a SELFLESS healing ultimate that does no damage, passive that increases healing output and refreshing path are not accidents. Sentinel monster set and dsa resto staff are not accidents.

Understand there is a very big difference between the intention of design and the execution of it. Templars are given exclusive class rights to stamina group regen utility not becuase zos considers them the intended exclusive healer in this game but because it wants class diversity where an even spread od classes in a group regardless of role can bring something to the table. Everything in the restoring light tree, passives included, are equally suited to reinforce a templar tank as the skill line is to reinforcing a templar healer. Which the irony here is shards isnt even found in said tree. The biggest argument for templars being the "intended" or "real" healer is based on a skill that is not even located in the "healing skill line".

You dont need that utility in 4 man vet dungeons unless you are a try hard raid healer going into a 4 man vet with a vmol hm setup. I would sooner kick the dumb ass templar that shows up for a 4 man dlc pledge throwing orbs shards and healing springs every other second over a strong non templar healer that buffs and debuffs just the same while providing solid dps to the group on their own. Just to be clear, templar healer dps while not quite as strong as a nb healer dps is still good. Its just people with your mindset about templars being the real healers enforces the notion that non templar healers have a stronger grasp on their class' healing capabilites and damage.

And in vet trials, the most potent raid heals are combat prayer and springs. All of which are not exclusive to templars. And if you are stacking 2 templars in rhe healing role, more power to you, but there is a VERY real and easy case to make in the vein of "your doing it wrong"....

I'm sure you can notice that DK was meant to be the tank, Templar the healer, and NB and Sorc the DPSs.
    But every class was given tools to play any of the roles to give players the freedom to be whatever they wanted to be.

Actually... No. I do not subscribe to that logic.
    Edited by exeeter702 on April 8, 2017 10:20PM
  • IronCrystal
    IronCrystal
    ✭✭✭✭✭

While I agree that every class can play every role, templars have the passives/abilties which help them more than any other class.

The leaderboards are proof enough. We aren't all doing this wrong.
    Make PC NA raiding great again!

Down with drama!

What Mechanics Healer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer

Homestead Raid Scores
    vHRC 157,030
    vAA 138,287
    vSO 153,393
    vMoL 154,550

Not raiding in Morrowind
  • Banana
    Banana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Im assuming your characters name is Garfunkel B)
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Banana wrote: »
    Im assuming your characters name is Garfunkel B)

A man will hear what he wants to hear and disregard the rest.
  • exeeter702
    exeeter702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

While I agree that every class can play every role, templars have the passives/abilties which help them more than any other class.

The leaderboards are proof enough. We aren't all doing this wrong.

Leader Boards demonstrate more then just that but im not going to derail this thread any further.
    Edited by exeeter702 on April 8, 2017 11:27PM
  • Browiseth
    Browiseth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    the winged twilight's name is now simon

i will make this a meme just you watch
    skingrad when zoscharacters:
    • EP - M - Strikes-with-Arcane - Argonian Stamina Sorc - lvl 50 - The Flawless Conqueror/Spirit Slayer
    • EP - F - Melina Elinia - Dunmer Magicka Dragonknight - lvl 50
    • EP - F - Sinnia Lavellan - Altmer Warden Healer - lvl 50
    • EP - M - Follows-the-Arcane - Argonian Healer Sorcerer- lvl 50
    • EP - F - Ashes-of-Arcane - Argonian Magicka Necromancer - lvl 50
    • EP - M - Bolgrog the Sinh - Orc Stamina Dragonknight - lvl 50
    • EP - F - Moonlight Maiden - Altmer Magicka Templar - lvl 50
    • EP - F - Maxine Cauline - Breton Magicka Nightblade - lvl 50
    • EP - M - Garrus Loridius - Imperial Stamina Templar - lvl 50
    • EP - F - Jennifer Loridius - Imperial Necromancer tank - lvl 50
    PC/NA but live in EU 150+ ping lyfe