The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Just a thank you.

Bladewizard
Bladewizard
✭✭✭
Did not know where to put this, could not figure out how to post it direct so I hope this is good enough, seemed like the right spot since I mostly play solo.

I have a form of Dysautonomia, and if you don't know what that is, that's not a bad thing. I had no clue till the docs told me and I wish I was still ignorant on that score. I have the genetic kind not the environmental kind, Won the DNA lottery there boy. Basics... my central nervous system is failing. During the last nine years my physical world has for the most been my room and for the last year and a half you folks have provided me with someplace else to go, even if only in my mind. For that I can not thank you enough. words hardly express, but I am gonna try. probably gonna gush a little so if that embarrasses you, you can stop reading I wont hold it against you.

Where to start.... Creeper that's it Creeper, I have wanted to drop a thank you for including that little fellow since I first found him but my short term memory was the first to go, so the gap between intention and action tends to widen, specially if I pass something shiny along the way.

To the art department, if it is still called that, Thank You. The sunrise in mournhold with the light off the big stained glass windows in the city center, WOW, on my big screen it is very beautiful artwork, bravo. Same with when the moons set over sentinal on a clear night that is one heck of a view. If you folks have not watched that in a while I highly recommend it.

The audio people, Thank you. The swamps in shadowfen at night with the fireflys above the water, I turn up the volume on the audio and it just makes it so much easier to get carried away, too easy actually, I tend to get easily distracted, my short term memory was the first to go I don't remember if I mentioned that already, more then once in shadowfen I have blundered into something big and ugly with teeth that wants to make a meal out of my toon cause I was too caught up in the eye and ear candy, I am not embarrassed to admit once or twice the big ugly thing with teeth rang the dinner bell. The sounds my plate wearers make when I roll down the cliff on the backside of glenumbra on my way to the kings guard doleman always makes me giggle. I run with audio chat turned off cause even for an old infantry soldier, that channel can make my ears wilt, but also so I can hear those great sound effects. I tried to duck under a branch at full speed on my lion the other day and while I made it I swear I heard a klonk when my toons head and the branch were in the same place, You folks have done a great job.

The writers, Thank You, the stories you folks have written in here are wonderful I sometimes get caught in respawn over and over cause of trying to finish the little stories everywhere. I do have to admit some of molag ball's curses at the dolmen though man that stuff is cold, specially that one about the skins of those I love, twisted. That is okay though Stephen King is my favorite author so I am good with twisted. (favorite followed closely by MR. Poe. now don't that make you worry bout reading the rest of this).

To the folks that do the hardware and systems maintenance Thank You. I know you folks always only hear from the community when things go wrong and it is rarely in language you can repeat in front of your kids so if you will allow me... Thank You. You folks work your buts off everytime this thing tanks and I appreciate it, and you do it all while everyone rages at you so thanks there too.

I need to wrap this up before it gets too long may be too late for that already but I will try not to take up too much more of your time.

To the development team... Thank You. supper excited about the morrowind expansion, long time ago Bethesda released morrowind and I was instantly addicted to vvardenfell. It will be real nice to go back there. and with the time line its gonna be a few hundred years before I blew it up I think so that's a good thing. Also thanks for all the special events this latest anniversary event is just great. I have gotten so much crafting stuff I think my toons are mildly offended at the amount of crap I keep making them carry round. Wonderfull to see so many people in craglorn doing the dailies. Just a suggestion though, you might think about adding the rifts to the quest line somewhere to explain them a little, unless what is happening was your intention then bravo, spot on, I am sure if anyone was watching when I pulled on my first one they was laughing their but off.

Oh almost forgot, the dolemans that was an excellent idea. With my limitations that is the closest I can get to group play, without causing the group to crash and burn anyhow so when that horn blows... I come runnin. My word, my brothers and sisters are impressive when they work together. It still amazes me when they reduce one of molag ball's generals to cinders in the blink of an eye. And the creativity, so many different cool lookin toons.

That's another thing the sheer amount of toon customization available in this game, no wonder my xbox gets the stutters everytime I go to wayrest, I tried to do the math in my head, seven armor slots, misremember how many motifs, each with three possible colors, then add the weapon slots and the motifs there, then I realized I had no idea how many of the sets are unique also and that is when I started to loose the equation, algebra was not my strong suit even when I had my mind. and my xbox tries to draw all that, plus the facial features are all adjusted, then the hats, and those that have their costumes on, and those can all be colored differently too, its a wonder my xbox doesn't start cussing at me when I port into places like wayrest and eldenroot. I keep expecting to hear my xbox say something like "aw hell no" followed by a puff of smoke and a trip to best buy.

Thank you folks seriously Thank You. Know that you have made this persons life alot better then it otherwise would have been. I intend to go back to being a ghost in this fine little world you folks have created but before I do I wanted to say that, did not mean to go so long but my mind tends to ramble, my short term memory was the first to go. seriously though Thanks to all who are working, or ever have worked, on this project.

P.S. Speaking of craglorn... to my brothers and sisters in the undertower... it was me.... I killed the dog. But in my defense I had to, it was part of my quest. And to those of my brothers and sisters who yelled such foul things when I did.... kiss my behind, both sides, quest would not complete without the dog dead, I had to.

Haters are gonna hate, its what they do, its how they earned the title. I hope all of their xboxes break down two days out of warranty.

Bladewizard out.
Edited by Bladewizard on April 8, 2017 4:42AM
  • paulsimonps
    paulsimonps
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Please for the love of god create paragraphs...... WALL OF TEXT..... UNREADABLE.... MY EYES!!!!!!
  • Bladewizard
    Bladewizard
    ✭✭✭
    lol Sorry been awhile since I have written much... Better?
  • EleonoraCrendraven
    EleonoraCrendraven
    ✭✭✭
    Haters are gonna hate, its what they do, its how they earned the title.
    You are right. Many people are searching for things to complain about and forget to appreciate (or can't appreciate) the good & beautiful things... It is good to see some uf us still can.
  • Streega
    Streega
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ESO helped me to deal with my dad's passing, so I feel'ya, friend. I spent my whole first month in game just running around and admiring the views and sounds (and racing bots, but that's another story...). Stay strong and don't be bothered with small people.
    ⊂( ̄(工) ̄)⊃ Don't-Care-Bear ⊂( ̄(工) ̄)⊃
    PC EU "House Tertia" - Friendly Guild for Mature Folks (housetertia.com)
    PC EU "Priests of Hircine" - Awesome Guild for Friendly Werewolves (free bites!)
    Member of "Guild Masters United"
    Master Angler
  • Surragard
    Surragard
    ✭✭✭✭
    I won't pretend that I can relate to your condition but I do understand the concept of using gaming as a coping mechanism/escape/destresser. MMO's seem to work especially well for this. There are some bad eggs in this community but I've met a lot of good people as well.
    I don't always drink Skooma, but when I do I go to the Southwall Corner Club. May you walk on warm sands my friends.
  • Twiztidrose
    MMO's do work very well at helping you cope. When I initially became disabled I started playing Final Fantasy XI. I lived in it, completely. 24 hours, night and day. I'd stay up until I couldn't keep my eyes open anymore. It really helped me to escape my pain. But I gave up on everything else. And I almost lost my marriage. Obviously I gave up the game. I can proudly say we survived and we're happily married (24yrs in January).

I'm extremely happy at the ability to play ESO as a single player. And I play now with healthy limits. Of course it's 10+ years down the road. But even so... I don't think I would be playing ESO if it was as group oriented as the FFXI was. You couldn't do anything alone on that game. I'm not willing to put that much time into a game anymore.
    Edited by Twiztidrose on May 13, 2017 7:57AM
    Xbox NA
    GT: Twiztid Rose
    Nord- Night Blade cp lvl 388- Daenaris Rose
    Redguard- stamdk lvl20- Octavia