Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of October 7:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 7
• Xbox: EU megaserver for maintenance – October 9, 2:00 UTC (October 8, 10:00PM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)

Actual Dinosaurs

Shadow_Viper_vX
Shadow_Viper_vX
✭✭✭✭✭
Now while the dinosaur inspired creatures that already exist in the game are cool and all...

I would still love to encounter a T-Rex or a pack of Raptors as just a couple of examples.

Perhaps even theme an entire DLC by taking a page out of Sir Arthur Conan Doyle's The Lost World; recently discovered island needing explorers.
  • Alpheu5
    Alpheu5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Where in Tamriel, or Nirn for that matter, did the Chicxulub Impactor hit exactly?
    Dalek-Rok - Argonian Sorcerer || Dalek-Shād - Argonian Nightblade || Dalek-Shul - Argonian Templar || Dalek-Xal - Argonian Dragonknight || Mounts-the-Snout - Argonian Warden || Dalek-Xul - Argonian Necromancer || Two-Spires - Argonian Arcanist || Dalek-Nesh - Argonian Sorcerer || Dalek-Kör - Argonian Dragonknight
    Don't incorporate bugs into your builds, and you won't have [an] issue.
  • klowdy1
    klowdy1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We don't even have dragons, which fit the elder scrolls lore, why would they add dinosaurs, which fit no lore.
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    klowdy1 wrote: »
    We don't even have dragons, which fit the elder scrolls lore, why would they add dinosaurs, which fit no lore.

What if they were vampire dinosaurs tho ?
  • NordSwordnBoard
    NordSwordnBoard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    How about Rock Dinosaurs:
    rolling-stones.jpg

Second one from the left might be a vampire-dinosaur, he's that cool.
    Fear is the Mindkiller
  • Takes-No-Prisoner
    Takes-No-Prisoner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would still love to encounter a T-Rex or a pack of Raptors as just a couple of examples.

Q88rJ.gif
  • Saoirse_Siobhan
    Saoirse_Siobhan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Speaking of dinosaurs, I came across this skull in the Alik'r desert, anyone know what animal it comes from? Maybe a Duneripper?

ox94Ogq.png

fc1f6d6.png?1
    PC/EU DC
  • Acrolas
    Acrolas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The correct style is T. rex.
    Velociraptor is based on Deinonychus because the actual Velociraptor is a little turkey creature.
    Also, World of Warcraft is still a thing.

675px-Dinosaurs.png?version=d8feaf46f5d9e51d8ac6fe3b10e8cf35
    signing off
  • Kendaric
    Kendaric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Speaking of dinosaurs, I came across this skull in the Alik'r desert, anyone know what animal it comes from? Maybe a Duneripper?

ox94Ogq.png

fc1f6d6.png?1

Probably from an Argonian that died in the desert...
      PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!. Outfit slots not being accountwide is ridiculous given their price. PC EU/PC NA roleplayer and solo PvE quester
    • CountEdmondDantes
      CountEdmondDantes
      ✭✭✭✭
      I think this might be the game for you:

latest?cb=20140602181655

Here's to hoping ESO stays somewhat lore-friendly.

Edited by CountEdmondDantes on April 5, 2017 10:10PM
    • Phinix1
      Phinix1
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      klowdy1 wrote: »

What if they were vampire dinosaurs tho ?

* pulls out credit card *
    • Cadbury
      Cadbury
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Alliance based dinosaur combat.

Imagine a Nightblade velociraptor, a Sorc triceratops, Templar brachiosaur, or a DK pterodactyl.

giphy.gif
      Edited by Cadbury on April 5, 2017 10:26PM
      "If a person is truly desirous of something, perhaps being set on fire does not seem so bad."
    • Shadow_Viper_vX
      Shadow_Viper_vX
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Cadbury wrote: »

Imagine a Nightblade velociraptor, a Sorc triceratops, Templar brachiosaur, or a DK pterodactyl.

giphy.gif

Not suggesting dinosaurs as playable races....

Obviously
    • WalksonGraves
      WalksonGraves
      ✭✭✭✭✭

giphy.gif

Obviously

...Argonians
    • Cadbury
      Cadbury
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭

giphy.gif

Obviously

Neither was I....
      Edited by Cadbury on April 5, 2017 10:31PM
      "If a person is truly desirous of something, perhaps being set on fire does not seem so bad."
    • Turelus
      Turelus
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Can we have ones like this?
      tumblr_ngou25TwjV1rp0vkjo1_500.gif
      @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
      "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
    • starkerealm
      starkerealm
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Please, it's disrespectful to call Argonians, "dinosaurs." The Crocodiles and Guar don't care though, so feel free, with them.
    • Argawarga
      Argawarga
      ✭✭✭✭
      Turelus wrote: »

You mean Argonians?
    • Sheezabeast
      Sheezabeast
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      How about we wait till they come out with the data-mined Skeletal mounts. Skeletal Guar looks awesome.

safe_image.php?d=AQAAZhByvjWNjYmj&url=http%3A%2F%2F68.media.tumblr.com%2F35c950e17cb5cf751e9e89f6abab1835%2Ftumblr_inline_onv2wvbVAp1qea5co_500.gif&ext=gif&_nc_hash=AQDJ0uNOWPHYTLGb
      Grand Master Crafter, Beta baby who grew with the game. PC/NA. @Sheezabeast if you have crafting needs!
    • LadyLavina
      LadyLavina
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Alpheu5 wrote: »
      Where in Tamriel, or Nirn for that matter, did the Chicxulub Impactor hit exactly?

@Alpheu5 go home Dalek, you're drunk :D
      PC - NA @LadyLavina 1800+ CP PvP Tank and PvP Healer
    • Sigtric
      Sigtric
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Ark is a pretty cool game.

Stormproof: Vibeke - 50 EP mDragonknight | Savi Dreloth - 50 EP Magsorc | Sadi Dreloth - 50 EP Magblade | Sigtric Stormaxe - 50 EP Stamsorc | Valora Dreloth - 50 EP Magplar | Sigtric the Unbearable 50 EP Stam Warden
      Scrub: Chews-on-Beavers - 50 EP DK Tank | Vera the Wild - 50 EP magicka Warden | Sigtric the Axe - 50 EP Dragonknight Crafter | Sigtric the Blade - 50 EP Lost Nightblade | Sigtric the Savage - 50 EP magicka Templar | Vibeka Shadowblade - 50 Ep Stealthy Ganky Nightblade |

Show Me Your Dunmer
      [/center]
    • Turelus
      Turelus
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Argawarga wrote: »

You mean Argonians?
      I've never seen an Argonian as happy as that, not sure if my being a Dunmer has anything to do with that.
      @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
      "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
    • Cadbury
      Cadbury
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭

giphy.gif
    • AzraelKrieg
      AzraelKrieg
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭
      I don't even know what the hell this topic was supposed to achieve. No damn dinosaurs.
      Gold Dragons Guildmaster PC-NACR2000+
      Kalthar Wolf-Brother – EP Templar - 50 Maeli Valen - EP NB - 50Naps-During-Trials – EP Templar - 50Rulnakh - EP Sorc - 50Azrael Krieg - EP NB – 50Uvithasa Telvanni – EP DK – 50More-Tail - EP Warden - 50Narile Galen - EP Sorc - 50Bone Soldier - EP Necro - 50Naps-During-Trails - EP Necro - 50
    • nine9six
      nine9six
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Somehow I think House Dres would find a way to put them work.
      Wake up, we're here. Why are you shaking? Are you ok? Wake up...
    • Shadow_Viper_vX
      Shadow_Viper_vX
      ✭✭✭✭✭

Here's to hoping ESO stays somewhat lore-friendly.

Please elaborate
    • Argawarga
      Argawarga
      ✭✭✭✭
      I don't even know what the hell this topic was supposed to achieve. No damn dinosaurs.

Looks like the purpose was to trigger seething forum ghouls. How do you think that's working out?
    • AzraelKrieg
      AzraelKrieg
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭

Looks like the purpose was to trigger seething forum ghouls. How do you think that's working out?

If that was the purpose then it has worked. If it wasn't and the OP legit wants dinosaurs in ESO then what was the purpose. If you want dinosaurs and other thunderbeasts, go play ARK
      Gold Dragons Guildmaster PC-NACR2000+
      Kalthar Wolf-Brother – EP Templar - 50 Maeli Valen - EP NB - 50Naps-During-Trials – EP Templar - 50Rulnakh - EP Sorc - 50Azrael Krieg - EP NB – 50Uvithasa Telvanni – EP DK – 50More-Tail - EP Warden - 50Narile Galen - EP Sorc - 50Bone Soldier - EP Necro - 50Naps-During-Trails - EP Necro - 50
    • Argawarga
      Argawarga
      ✭✭✭✭
      If that was the purpose then it has worked. If it wasn't and the OP legit wants dinosaurs in ESO then what was the purpose. If you want dinosaurs and other thunderbeasts, go play ARK

/harumph
    • Tryxus
      Tryxus
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭

giphy.gif

Have an awesome for dat nostalgia :p

Btw, DK is obv Dragonzord
      Edited by Tryxus on April 5, 2017 11:01PM
      "We're all born under the same sky and on the same earth. Therefore, we all deserve the same amount of respect."
      Tryxus of the Undying Song - Warden - PC/EU
    • Cadbury
      Cadbury
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭

Personally I think the true Intent of the topic lies somewhere in the middle.
    This discussion has been closed.