The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Stamina Sorcerer Meta Builds?

• Izaki
    Izaki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I've been personally playing with a dual wield build. It is really hard to land Dizzy Swings nowadays... But I had even made a DW + Bow build work in medium armor. As long as you know what you're doing and are effective with kiting it can be pretty deadly. Especially with a pair of Maelstrom axes. That bleed just kills everything along with Rending Slashes and Rearming Trap.
    @ Izaki #PCEU
    #FrenchKiss #GoneFor2YearsAndMyGuildDoesn'tRaidAnymore
    #MoreDPSthanYou
    #Stamblade
  • raasdal
    raasdal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    raasdal wrote: »
    Lexxypwns wrote: »
    IMO, the most dangerous Stam sorcs are Snb+bow and DW+bow.

Snb relies on poison injection, hurricane, and possibly trap combined with reverb heal debuff to maintain pressure but will probably need an ulti, proc set, or fasalla to kill.

DW has more overall damage, healing, dots, and burst, but then you need rune prison or draining shot for CC. You also lack a gap closer.

I wouldn't run serpent. You're better off dropping a damage glyph for regen or cost resuction and running thief or shadow. Shadow gives more burst than thief if you're at 50% crit without thief, but thief is always better for healing on Stam builds IMO.

I was wanting to run sword and board and bow but figured without rally or executioner it wouldnt be worth it.

I feel the same. It's hard to get off your heels if you're pressured in SnB bow with only really vigor and conversion (which some opponents actually interrupt)

You can theoretically use knight's errant but then your build is going in a completely different direction than what you got going on now.

Imo, the first thing Id consider is dubious throne (if you're not already runnin it) then yes change a glyph or two. I think it would be the least impactful change to your style.

Here's the thing. Stam sorc, while able to go toe to toe with many opponents, WILL come across people they can't deal with directly. This is where the mobility of the class comes into play, vigor+vitality(or immovable pots) with minor expedition from hurricane, major expedition from hasty retreat, and a streak and you're easily able to get LoS.

Stam sorc isn't meant to be played like a stam DK clone, use the mobility and the extra bar from overload to set yourself in favorable situations where its virtually impossible to lose. Use your overload bar for trap + caltrops, combine those DoTs with bow heavy+poison injection, with hurricane running, then reverb all but guarantees you a kill. The mobility and speed of stam sorc is what makes the rest of the kit work.

@Jjitsuboy98 dw+bow is actually incredible as well, you lose out on the rally burst heal, but you gain a sick DoT and HoT from blood craze and a ton more overall damage, the only real negatives are using rune prison as your CC and not having a gap closer. However, nothing in the DW/Bow stam sorc kits breaks rune prison and since stam sorc really shines in kiting situations where you can string out opponents and out sustain them while maintaining burst, not having a gap closer can easily be overcome.

There`s not a single good stamsorc on PC EU who runs dw/bow successfully in PvP. They just die. Same goes for overload hipsters. Good stamsorc play is not in any way reliant on speed and mobility. I know that style is kinda popular in NA, but from what I heard you can make a lot of stuff work on NA pugs.

Huh? Speed / Mobility is what a Stamsorc is all about.

And I think that`s not true. That interpretation was shaped by 2-3 streamers that I consider to have less insights and experience than me on stamsorc setups. Take minor exped out of hurricane and you still have a class excelling at things compared to other classes. Theres far more noticable class strength defining mechanisms in place when looking at stamsorc, in my opinion.

So you are not using Streak, and you are not using any source of Major Exped on your Stamsorc build? If you are, then your point is kind of moot.

I get what you are saying though, that the core strength is not neccessarily speed. And to some extent i agree.

Stamsorc is the only class with absolutely 0 stam morphs. It is designed (after buff) to be succesfull using Weapon skill lines. Passives support this, along with durability and resource management (Dark Deal). I assume this might be what you are referring to?
    PC - EU
    Gromag Gro-Molag - Sorcerer - EP
    Dexion Velus - Dragonknight - AD
    Chalaux Erissa - Nightblade - AD
    Firiel Erissa - Templar - AD
  • the_broo11
    the_broo11
    ✭✭✭
    @Jjitsuboy98, what type of pvp are you asking about (duels, small scale, open world solo, etc)?
    Xbox One NA
    GT: the broo11
    Spell Casting Wizard - medium 2h/bow stam sorc
  • Speed_Kills
    Speed_Kills
    ✭✭✭
    @Jjitsuboy98 I used to run all weapon damage and all Stam glyphs (around 600 recov/5k wd, 40k Stam in heavy armor). It was great until root spam became a thing and people learned to counter dark deal. Before, I was seriously 1vxing 12-man guilds. A couple of months ago I got tired of dying to root spam/xv1 dark deal bashing so decided to opt for recovery by changing all 3 of my jewelry to stamina regen(I tried one at a time and 3 felt the best). Before the jesters festival, I was using trifood and sitting at 1.5k recovery in heavy armor with 4K weapon damage. My magica pool was also large due to triglyphs and trifood. So I was able to streak and dark deal a lot. However after jesters festival, my Stam regen is 2k in heavy armor. It feels great. My magica is still high enough to use streak and dark deal effectively and the magica return from heavy + my 600 base magica regen keeps it up in fights. I use the same setup for cp and no cp as the effectiveness of the build just gets amplified in cp. I used to have to los and spend time getting back Stam with dark deal (especially in Azuras), now i am able to stay in the fight and continually dish out damage.(sustain is insane, i am able to dodge roll consistently even in no cp, and damage is still amazing with 35k Stam/4kwd in cp and 30k Stam/4K wd no cp)
    Edited by Speed_Kills on March 30, 2017 3:59PM
    Some say speed kills, I hope to be proof of that.

Main- Speed Kills Nord Stamina Sorcerer
    +11 alts (every class, mag+stam)
  • Sixth
    Sixth
    ✭✭✭
    @Speed_Kills That 4K WD is buffed up with Fury right? Cause every time I see that I think that's insane WD and sustain
    Edited by Sixth on March 30, 2017 4:20PM
    Daggerfall Covenant
    Rank 17 Eightt: CP160 StamBlade
    Rank 15 Sixthh: CP 160 StamSorc
    f**k magicka characters

maybe I'm zerging... maybe I'm running solo.... play how you wanna, pst for the 1v1
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just do this
    It's actually broken to ***, look at what you can achieve using it

30C40531-41A4-4A71-84F4-C61366776194.jpg

Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Sixth
    Sixth
    ✭✭✭
    Just do this
    It's actually broken to ***, look at what you can achieve using it

30C40531-41A4-4A71-84F4-C61366776194.jpg
    That's gotta be in TF, I play in the big boy campaign ;)

Daggerfall Covenant
    f**k magicka characters

maybe I'm zerging... maybe I'm running solo.... play how you wanna, pst for the 1v1
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey, jokes transfer poorly via text lol
    Edited by Waffennacht on March 30, 2017 4:29PM
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Sixth
    Sixth
    ✭✭✭
    I was poking fun at Trueflame, pretty easy to see that
    Daggerfall Covenant
    f**k magicka characters

• Mojomonkeyman
    Mojomonkeyman
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Snb relies on poison injection, hurricane, and possibly trap combined with reverb heal debuff to maintain pressure but will probably need an ulti, proc set, or fasalla to kill.

DW has more overall damage, healing, dots, and burst, but then you need rune prison or draining shot for CC. You also lack a gap closer.

I wouldn't run serpent. You're better off dropping a damage glyph for regen or cost resuction and running thief or shadow. Shadow gives more burst than thief if you're at 50% crit without thief, but thief is always better for healing on Stam builds IMO.

I was wanting to run sword and board and bow but figured without rally or executioner it wouldnt be worth it.

I feel the same. It's hard to get off your heels if you're pressured in SnB bow with only really vigor and conversion (which some opponents actually interrupt)

You can theoretically use knight's errant but then your build is going in a completely different direction than what you got going on now.

Imo, the first thing Id consider is dubious throne (if you're not already runnin it) then yes change a glyph or two. I think it would be the least impactful change to your style.

Here's the thing. Stam sorc, while able to go toe to toe with many opponents, WILL come across people they can't deal with directly. This is where the mobility of the class comes into play, vigor+vitality(or immovable pots) with minor expedition from hurricane, major expedition from hasty retreat, and a streak and you're easily able to get LoS.

Stam sorc isn't meant to be played like a stam DK clone, use the mobility and the extra bar from overload to set yourself in favorable situations where its virtually impossible to lose. Use your overload bar for trap + caltrops, combine those DoTs with bow heavy+poison injection, with hurricane running, then reverb all but guarantees you a kill. The mobility and speed of stam sorc is what makes the rest of the kit work.

@Jjitsuboy98 dw+bow is actually incredible as well, you lose out on the rally burst heal, but you gain a sick DoT and HoT from blood craze and a ton more overall damage, the only real negatives are using rune prison as your CC and not having a gap closer. However, nothing in the DW/Bow stam sorc kits breaks rune prison and since stam sorc really shines in kiting situations where you can string out opponents and out sustain them while maintaining burst, not having a gap closer can easily be overcome.

There`s not a single good stamsorc on PC EU who runs dw/bow successfully in PvP. They just die. Same goes for overload hipsters. Good stamsorc play is not in any way reliant on speed and mobility. I know that style is kinda popular in NA, but from what I heard you can make a lot of stuff work on NA pugs.

And I think that`s not true. That interpretation was shaped by 2-3 streamers that I consider to have less insights and experience than me on stamsorc setups. Take minor exped out of hurricane and you still have a class excelling at things compared to other classes. Theres far more noticable class strength defining mechanisms in place when looking at stamsorc, in my opinion.

The problem with your assessment is that you're discounting one facet of a class to only focus on others, but to deny that stam sorcs excel in situations where they're being used for mobility is a blatant lie. Regardless of how you personally like to play stam sorc, denying that its easily the most mobile class in the game or ignoring that when building one is just inefficient.

The real issue for building a stam sorc and not taking advantage of your mobility is that certain builds can give stam sorc issues toe to toe, especially when outnumbered, at which point you're left to stand in one place hoping to pick off a few scrubs before being overwhelmed or use your mobility to set up effective burst while mitigating damage with LoS. Or are you just gonna keep letting that guy in fasallas stand in your hurricane while 4 pugs light attack you to death?

I didn`t discount anything. I just showcased an extreme example (taking the speed out, leave rest untouched). You can read whatever you want into my posts, Idon`t really care, I was merely trying to give people food for thought by using that example.

Minor expedition, is just a nice-to-have in comparison to other mechanics that I consider very "major" in sustaining high-level performance and would feel far more nerfed taking them away instead of minor expedition. Again, just giving food for thought arguing against the widespread perception that stamsorc is "all about speed and mobility".
    Edited by Mojomonkeyman on March 30, 2017 4:48PM
    Koma Grey, Chocolate Thunder, Little Mojo, Dagoth Mojo & Mojomancy
  • Jjitsuboy98
    Jjitsuboy98
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Jjitsuboy98 I used to run all weapon damage and all Stam glyphs (around 600 recov/5k wd, 40k Stam in heavy armor). It was great until root spam became a thing and people learned to counter dark deal. Before, I was seriously 1vxing 12-man guilds. A couple of months ago I got tired of dying to root spam/xv1 dark deal bashing so decided to opt for recovery by changing all 3 of my jewelry to stamina regen(I tried one at a time and 3 felt the best). Before the jesters festival, I was using trifood and sitting at 1.5k recovery in heavy armor with 4K weapon damage. My magica pool was also large due to triglyphs and trifood. So I was able to streak and dark deal a lot. However after jesters festival, my Stam regen is 2k in heavy armor. It feels great. My magica is still high enough to use streak and dark deal effectively and the magica return from heavy + my 600 base magica regen keeps it up in fights. I use the same setup for cp and no cp as the effectiveness of the build just gets amplified in cp. I used to have to los and spend time getting back Stam with dark deal (especially in Azuras), now i am able to stay in the fight and continually dish out damage.(sustain is insane, i am able to dodge roll consistently even in no cp, and damage is still amazing with 35k Stam/4kwd in cp and 30k Stam/4K wd no cp)

How is your weapon damage 4000 with three stamina recovery glyphs? Mines not even three thousand with three damage glyphs running viper blackrose.
  • Speed_Kills
    Speed_Kills
    ✭✭✭
    @Jjitsuboy98 You are running black rose(sustain set) and viper (proc set) your stats don't show up on character sheet. I prefer using max stat sets instead of procs because they influence healing as well. I recommend dropping black rose for something like fury or 7th legion to get that weapon damage boost. Viper is still a good set, but on my dualwield build it is outshined by red mountain. I do not run red mountain anymore, I use agility/maelstrom now for more max stats. You can pair this setup with the monster set of your choice for maximum efficiency (for solo pvp this will be troll king for the 3k health regen). Agility maelstrom can be outshined damage-wise on a dual wield build by spriggans but that setup loses healing power. I prefer to go with the more balanced approach. Without maelstrom on a 2h build you could either drop the 2pc monster set and go spriggans/fury/1pc or you could do a setup with alchemist back bar(assuming bow) with spriggans front bar + 2 pc monster. At this time, wearing 5 heavy will benefit you more than medium in ~100% of situations. Make sure your jewelry is robust or you miss out on too much damage/max stats. Triglyphs are a gamechanger (farm IC bosses for easy haikejos). 7 heavy/5-1-1/5-2 medium all work well. I prefer 5-2 with my current build. Run the thief Mundus. Any other questions, feel free to ask.
    As for your question regarding weapon damage, I have around 2.7k wd with critsurge up, fury+ heavy passive gets me to 4K. In outnumbered fights it's always fully proced. In 1v1 it's fully proced after about 15s of fighting due to all of the dot use today.
    Edited by Speed_Kills on March 30, 2017 6:24PM

• Jjitsuboy98
    Jjitsuboy98
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Jjitsuboy98 You are running black rose(sustain set) and viper (proc set) your stats don't show up on character sheet. I prefer using max stat sets instead of procs because they influence healing as well. I recommend dropping black rose for something like fury or 7th legion to get that weapon damage boost. Viper is still a good set, but on my dualwield build it is outshined by red mountain. I do not run red mountain anymore, I use agility/maelstrom now for more max stats. You can pair this setup with the monster set of your choice for maximum efficiency (for solo pvp this will be troll king for the 3k health regen). Agility maelstrom can be outshined damage-wise on a dual wield build by spriggans but that setup loses healing power. I prefer to go with the more balanced approach. Without maelstrom on a 2h build you could either drop the 2pc monster set and go spriggans/fury/1pc or you could do a setup with alchemist back bar(assuming bow) with spriggans front bar + 2 pc monster. At this time, wearing 5 heavy will benefit you more than medium in ~100% of situations. Make sure your jewelry is robust or you miss out on too much damage/max stats. Triglyphs are a gamechanger (farm IC bosses for easy haikejos). 7 heavy/5-1-1/5-2 medium all work well. I prefer 5-2 with my current build. Run the thief Mundus. Any other questions, feel free to ask.
    As for your question regarding weapon damage, I have around 2.7k wd with critsurge up, fury+ heavy passive gets me to 4K. In outnumbered fights it's always fully proced. In 1v1 it's fully proced after about 15s of fighting due to all of the dot use today.

I figured fury wouldnt stay up? So it does stay up?? because i have a set of it lying around somewhere.
  • Speed_Kills
    Speed_Kills
    ✭✭✭
    @Jjitsuboy98 yes download a weapon damage tracker add on if you are on pc and you will see its uptime

• Mojomonkeyman
    Mojomonkeyman
    ✭✭✭✭✭

So you are not using Streak, and you are not using any source of Major Exped on your Stamsorc build? If you are, then your point is kind of moot.

I get what you are saying though, that the core strength is not neccessarily speed. And to some extent i agree.

Stamsorc is the only class with absolutely 0 stam morphs. It is designed (after buff) to be succesfull using Weapon skill lines. Passives support this, along with durability and resource management (Dark Deal). I assume this might be what you are referring to?

Streak is just a sorcerer tool, which is also is the most convenient instant ae cc. I`m not trying to prove anything here, I use streak for many reasons. But yeah, I don´t use major exped and would be competely fine without minor exped, too.

Your last paragraph was exactly what I was referring to. Thanks.
    Koma Grey, Chocolate Thunder, Little Mojo, Dagoth Mojo & Mojomancy
  • Jjitsuboy98
    Jjitsuboy98
    ✭✭✭✭
    Been playing around the mobility is nice but stam dk is so much better in combat.
  • Jjitsuboy98
    Jjitsuboy98
    ✭✭✭✭
    So are Stam Sorcs not really meant to be good in duels? Running sword board and 2 h with Fury, Selenes, Viper and damage is fine but healing is awful. I cant seem to heal through a magicka sorcerer or magicka dk constant damage. Didnt realize how strong igneous shield actually was until now.
  • Adenoma
    Adenoma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Speed_Kills , it sounds like you and I are playing similar vet builds - although I'm running mine on stamDK. I'm sitting around 4300 weapon damage when fury is fully proc'd with 43/41k stamina depending on whether I'm running malubeth/troll king or tremorscale (group), and I hit around 2.2k stamina regen. The only difference (this is for CP, though I don't change it in no-CP) is that I run all weapon damage glyphs.

The build is totally applicable to stamsorc too though. It hits higher stamina numbers by running bound armaments. I would stack that with troll king for the huge regen. I think that for stamDK I don't feel that I need the tri-glyphs and run only stamina glyphs because I only have magicka dumps with igneous shield and volatile armor - I don't have any repetitive need to streak or anything like that.

I admire the hell out of your stam sorc. You play the heck out of it. I just wish it was AD.
    Adenoma-Badenoma-Sadenoma
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    So are Stam Sorcs not really meant to be good in duels? Running sword board and 2 h with Fury, Selenes, Viper and damage is fine but healing is awful. I cant seem to heal through a magicka sorcerer or magicka dk constant damage. Didnt realize how strong igneous shield actually was until now.

Fury is terrible for duels, its really only good if you're 1v4+ or in med-large group imo. You need a ton of incoming damage to keep it proc'ed and that's not gonna happen in duels. Without the weapon damage from fury and no major mending your heals are going to be pretty low with selene/viper as your other sets. While I think this setup can work open world, I'd probably drop viper for a 5pc set that adds damage+healing: hulking draugr or bone pirate would both be amazing in this spot(bone pirate only if using Dubious Camoran Throne).
  • Speed_Kills
    Speed_Kills
    ✭✭✭
    @Jjitsuboy98 if played correctly, stamina sorcerers are very strong in duels. Yes igneous is very strong, but Stam sorc acually has a lot of healing (vigor, crit surge, rally). The healing potential on my stamina sorcerer is pretty insane. I rarely have trouble beating players on it and I duel top tier players frequently. As I mentioned in another post, people overlook max stats in favor of proc sets, not realizing how much healing potential they are losing).

Yeah @Adenoma it's a strong build for sure. Thanks for your kind words, and I will never be ad scum;).

@Lexxypwns Fury is not terrible for duels. The only people it's not as effective against 1v1 is a nightblade that enters, bursts, and exits until he bursts again (on cc cool down). Against anyone that you're just standing there banging on each other you will have a nice proced fury.
    Edited by Speed_Kills on March 31, 2017 5:34PM

• Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm using bow and dw stam sorc "pet build" (in quotes because I don't consider it a pet build, but hate whispers say otherwise)

Atm
    x5 Red Mountain (gonna prob switch to tatters... maybe...)
    x4/x5 (5th on DW bar) Eternal Hunt
    x2 Maw of the Infernal (exactly)

bar is:
    Poison Injection, Dark Conversion, Lethal Arrow, Draining Shot, Crit Surge, Ultimate Storm Atronach

Back Bar:
    Blood Craze, Bloodthirst, Hurricane, Vigor, Rune Cage, Ultimate DboS

Two fun things about the build (outside of it being non Meta and successful) is Atronach and Maw are huge, the make it easy to sit back and use Lethal Arrow for massive damage (if Lethal Arrow procs Red Mountain, that's 10k dmg in PvP, roughly 15 if it crits)

I would prefer Shadowrend (i deconned my shoulders, stupid!) But maw has a bigger body and way more "intimidating"effect, many players high tail it away from him giving me the ability to bow em down!

Then there is the 1 2 combo of rune cage and bloodthirst, (can add in injection prior along with bloodcraze) if your opponent is outta stam it's gg for them - oh and Red Mountain does NOT break cage on proc. Even if they do CC break, the free bloodthirst is solid damage and heal.

Eternal Hunt makes a dodge roll a great counter to gap closer, roll into a craze thirst and you'll have em on their heals.

Even with Maw... I still get OP hate whispers...
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Fatalyis
    Fatalyis
    ✭✭✭✭

Then there is the 1 2 combo of rune cage and bloodthirst, (can add in injection prior along with bloodcraze) if your opponent is outta stam it's gg for them - oh and Red Mountain does NOT break cage on proc. Even if they do CC break, the free bloodthirst is solid damage and heal.

I love this so much! I've been rolling Red Mountain with my DW setup and the Bloodthirst / Rending Slashes + Rune Cage combo has been super effective. I haven't been bothered with grinding the last level of Fighters Guild to unlock Dawnbreaker so I've been using Rend and nothing beats tossing on all of my DoTs and dropping a Rune Cage....
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fatalyis wrote: »

I love this so much! I've been rolling Red Mountain with my DW setup and the Bloodthirst / Rending Slashes + Rune Cage combo has been super effective. I haven't been bothered with grinding the last level of Fighters Guild to unlock Dawnbreaker so I've been using Rend and nothing beats tossing on all of my DoTs and dropping a Rune Cage....

I also found out Eternal Hunt's Rune will also NOT break Rune Cage.

(Neither will Haunting Curse/Prey)
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • psychotic13
    psychotic13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    x2 Troll King, x5 draugr hulk, vma 2h and x3 seventh legion. That's what I'm running and it's god mode
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    x2 Troll King, x5 draugr hulk, vma 2h and x3 seventh legion. That's what I'm running and it's god mode

You got your vMA weapon finally?! Color me jealous
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Philthyorc
    Philthyorc
    ✭✭✭
    I run a few set ups for different situations, group vs small group vs dueling. One thing I do that I don't think many other stam sorcs do is build a bit more tanky, using defensive stance. You can block for ever using dark deal and JUST use magika as more stam.

I do S&B / 2 Hand exclusively. Also forward momentum is the TRUTH. Stampede is great for the snare (VMA sword dot too). In big groups I think a very under appreciated skill is Deep slash the other morph of heroic slash. Its a great snare on 3 players and gives minor maim, feels like it really helps my group sustain ulti bombs.

Most of the time I am doing the pressuring so most people are running away from me , making dark deal easy to get off. Also with Defensive stance I do my best DK impression and pretty much troll all ranged mag builds , and they HATE me. When they take that knee from the reflect I know who to focus first in 1vX situations.

As a former Mag sorc I can't help but wonder if I built specifically to do all thing I hated as a Mag sorc. :)
    DC Sorc Dagoth Ur Face - Former Emperor of Chillrend, RIP
  • HeathenDeacon
    HeathenDeacon
    ✭✭✭
    Hey guys.
    I just started playing Stam Sorc (also my first stam toon of any kind), and i had a few questions I figured I'd ask in here instead of starting another thread.

My first question is will most builds require using Tri-stat food to have the extra Magic for Dark Deal, etc.?
    -I was looking at the possibility of using the new Camerons throne recipe combined with Blood Pirate, but then was wondering if i would be in trouble without the tri-stat food.

And to follow up on that if the Cameron Throne/Blood Pirate would actually work, what sets might work well for the rest of a bow/2h build?

thanks.

• Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey guys.
    I just started playing Stam Sorc (also my first stam toon of any kind), and i had a few questions I figured I'd ask in here instead of starting another thread.

My first question is will most builds require using Tri-stat food to have the extra Magic for Dark Deal, etc.?
    -I was looking at the possibility of using the new Camerons throne recipe combined with Blood Pirate, but then was wondering if i would be in trouble without the tri-stat food.

And to follow up on that if the Cameron Throne/Blood Pirate would actually work, what sets might work well for the rest of a bow/2h build?

thanks.

I feel like you don't need tri stat food if you manage your resources and don't get into too tough of a situation. The dubious throne is very much worth dropping the tri stat imo. Bone + Dubious vs say (for me) Red Mountain is a very difficult decision imo.

I feel like dubious and pirate is really good if you wanna run in heavy (using jewelry for bone) and wanna roll dodge more, however I keep getting the feeling whike running in medium I prefer red mountain over bone (I don't have the right pieces to try both together atm)

I've just fallen in love with eternal hunt. I'm actually surprised at how effective it can be, especially against mag builds that always seem to backstep into it.
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • worsttankever
    worsttankever
    ✭✭✭
    Fatalyis wrote: »

Then there is the 1 2 combo of rune cage and bloodthirst, (can add in injection prior along with bloodcraze) if your opponent is outta stam it's gg for them - oh and Red Mountain does NOT break cage on proc. Even if they do CC break, the free drinks bloodthirst is solid damage and heal.

Wow you guys are smart! Question: Why does Rending Slashes not break Rune Cage? I can understand Bloodthirst not counting as "direct damage" (because it's a channel?). But Rending Slashes is an Intant causing X physical damage and then the bleed. Do you need to apply Rune Cage after the initial hit with Rending Slashes?

I'm looking to try out a dual wield / bow Stam Sorc Khajit in nonvet PVP. Rune Cage looks to me like an awesome signature ability (not having played Sorc before). From the Fextralife wiki:

> Imprison an enemy in a sphere of dark magic, disorienting them for 16.6 seconds. The disorient is broken if the enemy takes direct damage.
    Edited by worsttankever on May 15, 2017 8:56PM
    Men are but flesh and blood. They know their doom, but not the hour.
  • Drakkdjinn
    Drakkdjinn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey guys so I'm trying to be succesful with my Stamina Sorcerer but am having some issues. Im currently running three agility, 5 black rose , and 2 selenes. Im using 2 h and bow. Now I really suck at 2h because I cant rely on dizzying swing to kill anything whatsoever. Its hard to land and people can also block it. Is there a better setup to run gear wise or even weapon type wise? Ive mostly played on Magicka DK So its kinda different.

The build and playstyle you're most comfortable with will get you the best results on any stam character outside of stealthblades and class-specific builds. -Stam sorc/dk/plar/sometimes blade - can run 90% of the meta with great effects. You're already playing a meta build, look in your bank and on google and try another one you can throw together or tweak your current build if it's not working out.