The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Stamina Sorcerer Meta Builds?

Jjitsuboy98
Jjitsuboy98
✭✭✭✭
Hey guys so I'm trying to be succesful with my Stamina Sorcerer but am having some issues. Im currently running three agility, 5 black rose , and 2 selenes. Im using 2 h and bow. Now I really suck at 2h because I cant rely on dizzying swing to kill anything whatsoever. Its hard to land and people can also block it. Is there a better setup to run gear wise or even weapon type wise? Ive mostly played on Magicka DK So its kinda different.
  • Speed_Kills
    Speed_Kills
    ✭✭✭
    There are builds that are stronger, but not that much stronger. You need to practice. If you're going to use 2h, you have to be able to reliably land dizzying swing. I play mostly a dual wield setup, because I hate dizzying swing. 2h is probably stronger for most situations due to the burst potential, but I make dual wield work pretty well. You can use any weapon combination you want on a Stam sorc and be successful. S+b/dualwield/2h all effective as mainhand (I've run them all). I'd even go as far to say you can be successful with any mainhand/backbar combination of weapons. If you don't like dizzying swing I would recommend trying out the other playstyles and seeing which you like better. Buildcraft options also increase dramatically after adding that extra slot for dual wield or s+b.
    Edited by Speed_Kills on March 29, 2017 3:09PM
    Some say speed kills, I hope to be proof of that.

Main- Speed Kills Nord Stamina Sorcerer
    +11 alts (every class, mag+stam)
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well sword and board with tremorscale is as meta and cheese as it gets.

Black rose, tremor and viper/hulking/sprigans is pretty strong.

By the way, if you're having issues with dizzying swing, try switching crit rush to stampede. That snare makes it a lot easier.
  • Jjitsuboy98
    Jjitsuboy98
    ✭✭✭✭
    I like sword and board the most with two hander. I just like bow in open world. What should someones stamina recovery be in open world if you was to run sword and board two hander. Mine is 600 and i have to streak away to dark deal all the time.
  • Jjitsuboy98
    Jjitsuboy98
    ✭✭✭✭
    Also is there a way to get vigor to heal as much as it does on a stamina dragonknight?
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like sword and board the most with two hander. I just like bow in open world. What should someones stamina recovery be in open world if you was to run sword and board two hander. Mine is 600 and i have to streak away to dark deal all the time.

Up that regen, the moment you run into frost staff spam you'll know why
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Jjitsuboy98
    Jjitsuboy98
    ✭✭✭✭

Not sure how to up it without sacrificing damage glyphs on my jewlery.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You're right about losing some damage. The question becomes does it change you ttk (time to kill)?

Lets have an example. Let's say right now your primary attack (doesn't matter which) deals in PvP a huge 10k. Let's say we are considering upping the regen at a cost of damage.

Now let's say your opponent has 22k health, your TTK would be 3 attacks from your primary attack.

Is it worth it to lose 2k damage (or 4k from tooltip) from your attack to up your regen?

Absolutely!

At 8k dmg per attack you'll still need 3 attacks to kill your opponent. In this case losing damage will have no noticeable effect while upping your regen will be noticeable.

We can further add variables (such as an opponent's HoT) if your 3 attacks 3 secs, and your opponent has a 1k HoT his health is effectively 25k, at which point losing 2k damage WOULD increase TTK and therefore more regen may not be effective.

The trick is finding the sweet spot, based upon your experiences against enemies.

I have a feeling you can lose some damage without noticing very much difference in TTK against most opponents.
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Jjitsuboy98
    Jjitsuboy98
    ✭✭✭✭

You're right about losing some damage. The question becomes does it change you ttk (time to kill)?

Lets have an example. Let's say right now your primary attack (doesn't matter which) deals in PvP a huge 10k. Let's say we are considering upping the regen at a cost of damage.

Now let's say your opponent has 22k health, your TTK would be 3 attacks from your primary attack.

Is it worth it to lose 2k damage (or 4k from tooltip) from your attack to up your regen?

Absolutely!

At 8k dmg per attack you'll still need 3 attacks to kill your opponent. In this case losing damage will have no noticeable effect while upping your regen will be noticeable.

We can further add variables (such as an opponent's HoT) if your 3 attacks 3 secs, and your opponent has a 1k HoT his health is effectively 25k, at which point losing 2k damage WOULD increase TTK and therefore more regen may not be effective.

The trick is finding the sweet spot, based upon your experiences against enemies.

I have a feeling you can lose some damage without noticing very much difference in TTK against most opponents.

I see what your saying but every opponent would be different wouldnt they so it would vary. I could run serpent stone amd put more champion points in recovery I guess too.
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    IMO, the most dangerous Stam sorcs are Snb+bow and DW+bow.

Snb relies on poison injection, hurricane, and possibly trap combined with reverb heal debuff to maintain pressure but will probably need an ulti, proc set, or fasalla to kill.

DW has more overall damage, healing, dots, and burst, but then you need rune prison or draining shot for CC. You also lack a gap closer.

I wouldn't run serpent. You're better off dropping a damage glyph for regen or cost resuction and running thief or shadow. Shadow gives more burst than thief if you're at 50% crit without thief, but thief is always better for healing on Stam builds IMO.
    Edited by Lexxypwns on March 29, 2017 8:31PM
  • Jjitsuboy98
    Jjitsuboy98
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lexxypwns wrote: »

Snb relies on poison injection, hurricane, and possibly trap combined with reverb heal debuff to maintain pressure but will probably need an ulti, proc set, or fasalla to kill.

DW has more overall damage, healing, dots, and burst, but then you need rune prison or draining shot for CC. You also lack a gap closer.

I wouldn't run serpent. You're better off dropping a damage glyph for regen or cost resuction and running thief or shadow. Shadow gives more burst than thief if you're at 50% crit without thief, but thief is always better for healing on Stam builds IMO.

I was wanting to run sword and board and bow but figured without rally or executioner it wouldnt be worth it.
  • Jjitsuboy98
    Jjitsuboy98
    ✭✭✭✭
    So would stamina regen glyphs be better than cost reduction glyphs?
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I was wanting to run sword and board and bow but figured without rally or executioner it wouldnt be worth it.

I feel the same. It's hard to get off your heels if you're pressured in SnB bow with only really vigor and conversion (which some opponents actually interrupt)

You can theoretically use knight's errant but then your build is going in a completely different direction than what you got going on now.

Imo, the first thing Id consider is dubious throne (if you're not already runnin it) then yes change a glyph or two. I think it would be the least impactful change to your style.
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Jjitsuboy98
    Jjitsuboy98
    ✭✭✭✭

I feel the same. It's hard to get off your heels if you're pressured in SnB bow with only really vigor and conversion (which some opponents actually interrupt)

You can theoretically use knight's errant but then your build is going in a completely different direction than what you got going on now.

Imo, the first thing Id consider is dubious throne (if you're not already runnin it) then yes change a glyph or two. I think it would be the least impactful change to your style.

I have been running tri food atm but i will look at that. Streak is so handy the extra magicka helps.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I have been running tri food atm but i will look at that. Streak is so handy the extra magicka helps.

Yes it is :) I like dodge roll streak conversion if they don't have immunity, if they do, it's streak roll conversion.

The CC will get your conversion off, or the dodge roll will prevent your conversion from being interrupted. Try and get it where 4 seconds lapse between streaks. Like streak, roll, conversion roll, something (I like a roots ability here to prevent them from going pure offensive here) then streak again if necessary.

Remember to streak through your opponent, if they don't get CC'ed they'll still have to turn to target you (giving you time)

Just some helpful advice :)
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Sixth
    Sixth
    ✭✭✭
    I run DW and 2H cause I never liked the bow play style. I run 5 heavy armor and with hurricane I'm at 24k resists and 25k HP with a buffed up 3k atk dmg. The Rally heal from 2H and the execute feel so much better then running that bow play style, I rather beat you head to head then sneak attack you IMO.

Try Ball of Lightning since Streak is really buggy as a morph. You'll find out that it's much smoother and never bugs you causing you to a lose important fights.
    Daggerfall Covenant
    Rank 17 Eightt: CP160 StamBlade
    Rank 15 Sixthh: CP 160 StamSorc
    f**k magicka characters

maybe I'm zerging... maybe I'm running solo.... play how you wanna, pst for the 1v1
  • Jjitsuboy98
    Jjitsuboy98
    ✭✭✭✭

Yes it is :) I like dodge roll streak conversion if they don't have immunity, if they do, it's streak roll conversion.

The CC will get your conversion off, or the dodge roll will prevent your conversion from being interrupted. Try and get it where 4 seconds lapse between streaks. Like streak, roll, conversion roll, something (I like a roots ability here to prevent them from going pure offensive here) then streak again if necessary.

Remember to streak through your opponent, if they don't get CC'ed they'll still have to turn to target you (giving you time)

Just some helpful advice :)

Nice will add that to my list. I changed my jewlery to two cost reductions and one damage. Also running that new drink. Stam regen is 1200. Magicka is 1100. Health 23000 and stamina around 34000.
  • Mojomonkeyman
    Mojomonkeyman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You guys must be crappy Stamsorcs, I wonder how many of you giving advice actually play one successfully at a high level.
    Koma Grey, Chocolate Thunder, Little Mojo, Dagoth Mojo & Mojomancy
  • Sixth
    Sixth
    ✭✭✭
    You guys must be crappy Stamsorcs, I wonder how many of you giving advice actually play one successfully at a high level.

@Speed_Kills @Speed_Kills @Speed_Kills
    Daggerfall Covenant
    f**k magicka characters

maybe I'm zerging... maybe I'm running solo.... play how you wanna, pst for the 1v1
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Here's the thing. Stam sorc, while able to go toe to toe with many opponents, WILL come across people they can't deal with directly. This is where the mobility of the class comes into play, vigor+vitality(or immovable pots) with minor expedition from hurricane, major expedition from hasty retreat, and a streak and you're easily able to get LoS.

Stam sorc isn't meant to be played like a stam DK clone, use the mobility and the extra bar from overload to set yourself in favorable situations where its virtually impossible to lose. Use your overload bar for trap + caltrops, combine those DoTs with bow heavy+poison injection, with hurricane running, then reverb all but guarantees you a kill. The mobility and speed of stam sorc is what makes the rest of the kit work.

@Jjitsuboy98 dw+bow is actually incredible as well, you lose out on the rally burst heal, but you gain a sick DoT and HoT from blood craze and a ton more overall damage, the only real negatives are using rune prison as your CC and not having a gap closer. However, nothing in the DW/Bow stam sorc kits breaks rune prison and since stam sorc really shines in kiting situations where you can string out opponents and out sustain them while maintaining burst, not having a gap closer can easily be overcome.
    Edited by Lexxypwns on March 30, 2017 5:29AM
  • Sixth
    Sixth
    ✭✭✭

Here's the thing. Stam sorc, while able to go toe to toe with many opponents, WILL come across people they can't deal with directly. This is where the mobility of the class comes into play, vigor+vitality(or immovable pots) with minor expedition from hurricane, major expedition from hasty retreat, and a streak and you're easily able to get LoS.

Stam sorc isn't meant to be played like a stam DK clone, use the mobility and the extra bar from overload to set yourself in favorable situations where its virtually impossible to lose. Use your overload bar for trap + caltrops, combine those DoTs with bow heavy+poison injection, with hurricane running, then reverb all but guarantees you a kill. The mobility and speed of stam sorc is what makes the rest of the kit work.

@Jjitsuboy98 dw+bow is actually incredible as well, you lose out on the rally burst heal, but you gain a sick DoT and HoT from blood craze and a ton more overall damage, the only real negatives are using rune prison as your CC and not having a gap closer. However, nothing in the DW/Bow stam sorc kits breaks rune prison and since stam sorc really shines in kiting situations where you can string out opponents and out sustain them while maintaining burst, not having a gap closer can easily be overcome.
    I never liked the overload bar. I feel like it takes too long to set up in Cyrodill. Maybe for planned out duels, yeah.
    Daggerfall Covenant
    f**k magicka characters

• Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sixth wrote: »

I never liked the overload bar. I feel like it takes too long to set up in Cyrodill. Maybe for planned out duels, yeah.

That's where the kiting comes in. Between streak and the mobility from major+minor expedition its not that hard to get around a rock, pop overload, drop trap+caltrops then get off overload. At that point you can charge a bow heavy, when someone enters los and pops your trap you've already released the bow heavy+poison injection. That's caltrops+hurricane+trap+poison injection all ticking away on a target, for 90% of cyrodiil all you need at this point is reverb+
    1 offensive combo.
  • Sixth
    Sixth
    ✭✭✭

That's where the kiting comes in. Between streak and the mobility from major+minor expedition its not that hard to get around a rock, pop overload, drop trap+caltrops then get off overload. At that point you can charge a bow heavy, when someone enters los and pops your trap you've already released the bow heavy+poison injection. That's caltrops+hurricane+trap+poison injection all ticking away on a target, for 90% of cyrodiil all you need at this point is reverb+
    1 offensive combo.
    True that, I guess we have different play styles. I run heavy armor so I'm looking to keep you in my face and run you out of resources while hurting you a lot. Stamsorcs feels awesome in the fact that their good at everything.
    Daggerfall Covenant
    f**k magicka characters

• Mojomonkeyman
    Mojomonkeyman
    ✭✭✭✭✭

There`s not a single good stamsorc on PC EU who runs dw/bow successfully in PvP. They just die. Same goes for overload hipsters. Good stamsorc play is not in any way reliant on speed and mobility. I know that style is kinda popular in NA, but from what I heard you can make a lot of stuff work on NA pugs.
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

1 offensive combo.
    True that, I guess we have different play styles. I run heavy armor so I'm looking to keep you in my face and run you out of resources while hurting you a lot. Stamsorcs feels awesome in the fact that their good at everything.

That works, but when you're fighting a few brawler builds solo you're not going to overpower them all this way. You'll pick off a scrub running a similar build to you, but even 2 remotely competent players who are running brawler-type builds and you're going to have to use the unique parts of a stam sorcs kit to survive. It could be that you're better than I am at stam sorc, its not my most played class, but I find that I'm able to secure more kills by keeping my DoTs up but not being excessively aggressive 1vX because its just sooo easy to kite and set people up with the kit available as opposed to trying to win toe to toe fights against builds with similar amounts of damage but also access to major mending.
  • Jjitsuboy98
    Jjitsuboy98
    ✭✭✭✭

Yeah i think thats my problem sometimes is pretending its stamina DK. I just need more practice. Im running sword boars and 2 H at the moment. Might put some tri glyphs on my armor so i can have more health.
  • WeylandLabs
    WeylandLabs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think ppl that make alot if toons are not as successful as the few who master 1, 2 classes.

My suggestion is learn to theorycraft, die alot and practice rotations. Not on a test dummie or pve bosses.

Cant expect builds to save you, and stop watching YouTube for builds. Some of the people that have YT build vids, is to get fanboys and free stuff. And they 1vX poop players on buff servers with a pocket healers to look OP. Thats what ppl dont see.. Good luck
  • raasdal
    raasdal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SNIP
    Edited by raasdal on March 30, 2017 1:30PM
    PC - EU
    Gromag Gro-Molag - Sorcerer - EP
    Dexion Velus - Dragonknight - AD
    Chalaux Erissa - Nightblade - AD
    Firiel Erissa - Templar - AD
  • raasdal
    raasdal
    ✭✭✭✭✭

There`s not a single good stamsorc on PC EU who runs dw/bow successfully in PvP. They just die. Same goes for overload hipsters. Good stamsorc play is not in any way reliant on speed and mobility. I know that style is kinda popular in NA, but from what I heard you can make a lot of stuff work on NA pugs.

Huh? Speed / Mobility is what a Stamsorc is all about.
    PC - EU
    Gromag Gro-Molag - Sorcerer - EP
    Dexion Velus - Dragonknight - AD
    Chalaux Erissa - Nightblade - AD
    Firiel Erissa - Templar - AD
  • Mojomonkeyman
    Mojomonkeyman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    raasdal wrote: »

And I think that`s not true. That interpretation was shaped by 2-3 streamers that I consider to have less insights and experience than me on stamsorc setups. Take minor exped out of hurricane and you still have a class excelling at things compared to other classes. Theres far more noticable class strength defining mechanisms in place when looking at stamsorc, in my opinion.
    Edited by Mojomonkeyman on March 30, 2017 2:50PM
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    raasdal wrote: »

And I think that`s not true. That interpretation was shaped by 2-3 streamers that I consider to have less insights and experience than me on stamsorc setups. Take minor exped out of hurricane and you still have a class excelling at things compared to other classes. Theres far more noticable class strength defining mechanisms in place when looking at stamsorc, in my opinion.

The problem with your assessment is that you're discounting one facet of a class to only focus on others, but to deny that stam sorcs excel in situations where they're being used for mobility is a blatant lie. Regardless of how you personally like to play stam sorc, denying that its easily the most mobile class in the game or ignoring that when building one is just inefficient.

The real issue for building a stam sorc and not taking advantage of your mobility is that certain builds can give stam sorc issues toe to toe, especially when outnumbered, at which point you're left to stand in one place hoping to pick off a few scrubs before being overwhelmed or use your mobility to set up effective burst while mitigating damage with LoS. Or are you just gonna keep letting that guy in fasallas stand in your hurricane while 4 pugs light attack you to death?
    Edited by Lexxypwns on March 30, 2017 3:04PM