The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

shadow cloak spam

Lynx7386
Lynx7386
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
I'm running a nightblade sap tank build, but I also like to do the thieves and assassins guild stuff on the same character when not running dungeons or group content.

So, because I've already got basically a magicka build, I'm wondering how much magicka regen I need to constantly be in shadow cloak, so I can set up a gear set accordingly.
PS4 / NA
M'asad - Khajiit Nightblade - Healer
Pakhet - Khajiit Dragonknight - Tank
Raksha - Khajiit Sorcerer - Stamina DPS
Bastet - Khajiit Templar - Healer
Leonin - Khajiit Warden - Tank
  • paulsimonps
    paulsimonps
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Not sure about that but I got another advice if you'd like. I love doing those quests as well and I do it on my DK Tank that is my main. I use addons to quickly change between gear and I swap to 5p Night Mother's Embrace and 5p of Night's silence and it works perfectly to do Heists and Black Sacraments on. If you are a vampire you can swap the Night's Silence to 3p Night Terror to get lower cost and even lower detect radius. All you need is the Medium armor passives and that armor and no matter how anything else is set up you are good to go for Heists and Sacraments.
  • CavalryPK
    CavalryPK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    With 1600 regeneration and 600 cp i can cloak indefinitely. I have 90 points in the green tree magicka regen cp.
    THE CAVELRY HAS ARRIVED! Cav is a professional magblade, (in his not so professional opinion). He is immortal and is fighting for the Pact since 2E 572, amidst the turmoil of the Second Akaviri Invasion. He protects the provinces of Skyrim, Morrowind and Black Marsh.

Check out his PVP YouTube channel !

https://youtube.com/TheCavalryPK
  • WalksonGraves
    WalksonGraves
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I find the medium sneak sets the best for doing thief/assassination quests, that stealth range reduction is key.
  • Autolycus
    Autolycus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would've give you the same recommendation as @paulsimonps here, because it's definitely a good strategy for this type of content in general, whether or not you are a NB.

As far as being able to spam cloak without going OOM, 800+ will be sufficient if you supplement it with standard magicka potions. That's my recommendation, but you may be more comfortable closer to 1k.
  • Lynx7386
    Lynx7386
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hmm... I've already got over 2k magicka regen even in tank gear, so maybe I won't even need armor changes, just concealed blade and cloak
    PS4 / NA
  • Autolycus
    Autolycus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yep, 2k is plenty even if you frequently refresh cloak too early. You still have to stop and wait for clairvoyant patrols to pass, and you can just be crouched outside of their area of influence for that, so you have time to regen at those spots. Maybe add in Rapid Maneuvers too. Not every instance has these patrols, sometimes you can just run straight through, spamming cloak the whole way.
  • Lynx7386
    Lynx7386
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Didn't even think about maneuvers, this gon be some quick stealthing
    PS4 / NA
  • KingYogi415
    KingYogi415
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    A seducer set in heavy or light will do the trick!