The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Best Class for Solo Open World PVP?

Jjitsuboy98
Jjitsuboy98
✭✭✭✭
I know we did one for the worst class but lets see what everyone's opinion is on the best spec to run for solo open world cyrodil pvp.
Edited by Jjitsuboy98 on March 27, 2017 3:35PM

Best Class for Solo Open World PVP? 166 votes

Stamina Nightblade
19%
josh.lackey_ESOErock25BaByDontHurtMeKasMasterkenKnootewootjarrandub17_ESOShareePhilthyorcDao_JonessollRoamingRiverElkCurragraigueVizierZolroncjhhickman39GreenSoup2HoTSkinzzChunkyCatReefo 33 votes
Magicka Nightblade
7%
lolo_01b16_ESOTurelusbronskiMitrengaChillicSureshawtxeNNNNNDamianosDiozaelsHalucin8TheAngelofDeath99blazjit420Malic 13 votes
Stamina Sorcerer
23%
StamdenSolarikenSeptimus_Magnadanno8IdinuseJbSmoothPhantorangEdziuSorisasneakybananaXvorgDerraSturgeHammermirogTorbschkaCatchMeTrollinggdefterBrrrofskiNBrookusNinjaMyk 39 votes
Magicka Sorcerer
27%
pogopwns_ESOdeepseamk20b14_ESOMurderMostFoulRudyardKayshaSodanTokDredlordGothrendeshah119fr3_ESODurhamDreyfronnilldaxmurdomac101en3rgumenfiregodxfelinith66Firerock2ThrymbauldLeifEricksonStrider_Roshin 46 votes
Stamina Templar
4%
lrizoKoreanAwtamaticD0ntevenL1ftAraviel2utb99BaboonezzAlite 7 votes
Magicka Templar
3%
Bam_BamSerjustin19Actually_GokubjlaxWest93Scottysix 6 votes
Stamina Dragonknight
9%
MJWesslingb14_ESONellzerTsuyomaruWonderdog1FriedEggSandwichRoninDerRoteJurand80Wrecking_Blow_SpamReactTreeHugger1HEBREWHAMMERRRagrr70mattp19509King_Kaboodlesscipionumatia 15 votes
Magicka Dragonknight
4%
JitterbugDk_needs_a_buffpsychotic13StridigblkjagRunscheiSelfTherapy 7 votes
  • CatchMeTrolling
    CatchMeTrolling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stamina Sorcerer
    Either stam sorc, mag sorc or stamina dk but stam sorc the most casual friendly so I'll say they are overall.
  • Kas
    Kas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stamina Nightblade
    Imho gankers are "best" to some extend. Especially if you really want to solo and not just zerg around while ungrouped.
    The biggest problem by far, isn't your combat strength, it's escaping hopeless situations.
    Thus, imho, gankers with access to cloak > super mobile stamsorcs > magsorcs > rest.

Note, that i'd vote differently if this was about the best class to get an awesome 1vX fight (and get zerged into horse simulator to escape your own alliance's adder 20 times per one good fight). Many builds can do that well (I honestly think it's somewhat possible on every single class+stam/mag combination, with better and worse fights and situations.

But if you just want to have some solo fun, your option to get away when you see way too many enemies head for you, is your most important tool
    @bbu - AD/EU
    Kasiia - Templar (AR46)
    Kasiir Aberion - Sorc (AR38)
    Dr Kastafari - Warden (~AR31)
    + many others
  • Strider_Roshin
    Strider_Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Magicka Sorcerer
    Kas wrote: »
    Imho gankers are "best" to some extend. Especially if you really want to solo and not just zerg around while ungrouped.
    The biggest problem by far, isn't your combat strength, it's escaping hopeless situations.
    Thus, imho, gankers with access to cloak > super mobile stamsorcs > magsorcs > rest.

Note, that i'd vote differently if this was about the best class to get an awesome 1vX fight (and get zerged into horse simulator to escape your own alliance's adder 20 times per one good fight). Many builds can do that well (I honestly think it's somewhat possible on every single class+stam/mag combination, with better and worse fights and situations.

But if you just want to have some solo fun, your option to get away when you see way too many enemies head for you, is your most important tool

I agree with your rationale. Ganking is a pretty cheap/risk free play style; not to mention easy to do. But yeah I was thinking 1vX when I made my vote.
  • CatchMeTrolling
    CatchMeTrolling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stamina Sorcerer

I agree with your rationale. Ganking is a pretty cheap/risk free play style; not to mention easy to do. But yeah I was thinking 1vX when I made my vote.

Well even that's debatable in terms of 1vx, there's some great 1vx gankers that'll take out 3 guys like its nothing but it isn't the norm I guess.
  • Lieblingsjunge
    Lieblingsjunge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stamina Sorcerer
    Stamina Sorc > StaminaDK/Magicka Sorc > Rest.

Stamsorcs just way too good kit for every situation.
    Ignorance is the greatest weapon of tyranny.
    PC - EU.
    Lieblingsjunge(AD) - Racechanged Argonian :< | AR 50 - No double AP or Bleakers involved |
    Sits-On-Cacti(DC) - Problem?
    Fail-With-Tail(AD) - Healing Springs-spammer :<
    Tiny Liebs(EP) - Very Tiny. Also heals.
    Lieblingsmädchen(DC) - Magplar is love.
    The Dominàtrix(AD) - Chains, whip, whip, whip.
    Fluffy Furball Kitten(DC) - Kittycat, meow.
    Your Face(EP) - People make bad jokes about my name =(
    Liebs-With-Trees(AD) - Male argo with a big tail :>

Officer/Sandwitch of Zerg Squad
    My title: The Maneater, Destroyer of Maneuvers, Bane of Potatoes, she who devours them, The Black Hole, the humorless, first of her name.
  • Jjitsuboy98
    Jjitsuboy98
    ✭✭✭✭

1vX should def be considered before making a vote. There will be more often than not outnumbered situations as a solo player.
  • utb99
    utb99
    ✭✭✭
    Stamina Templar
    Stamina Templar. Has unshuffable and undodgeable Biting Sweeps, has Purify which negates poisons, DK dots, Radiant Oppression, Haunting Curse, Siege, etc. Has Major Mending & Minor Vitality along with minor protection. Reduced cost of abilities (including ultimates) Has an instant stun (Binding Javelin).
    This class has it all.
    Damage with jabs, power of the Light, Dawnbreaker.
    Tankiness with Restoring Focus and amazing healing
    Good sustain with Repentance
    HAS PURIFY
    Has Mobility bc stam build.
    11/10
    Edited by utb99 on March 27, 2017 7:48PM
    'The gods can turn anything to good' -Martin Septim
  • utb99
    utb99
    ✭✭✭
    Stamina Templar
    And has a good chance to escape. (You realize how hard it is to catch a Stamplar who's roll dodging while casting purify?)
  • Jjitsuboy98
    Jjitsuboy98
    ✭✭✭✭
    utb99 wrote: »
    Stamina Templar. Has unshuffable and undodgeable Biting Sweeps, has Purify which negates poisons, DK dots, Radiant Oppression, Haunting Curse, Siege, etc. Has Major Mending & Minor Vitality along with minor protection. Reduced cost of abilities (including ultimates) Has an instant stun (Binding Javelin).
    This class has it all.
    HAS PURIFY
    11/10

2h and bow the best spec?
  • ostrapz
    ostrapz
    ✭✭✭
    Stamina Sorcerer
    Stam sorc, fastest, big damage, great sustain, crit surge helps with the lack of major mending, Overload bar for your toolkit. Stamsorc is prepared for anything. Run in, dawnbreaker a guy for instant implosion, get chased by 7, Overload almost up, pop Rapids, kite to a tower and only 3 can catch up, by the time they catch up with drained resources you have caltrops, trap beast and full stam with another dawnbreaker. Stamsorc just allows you to control when and where you wanna fight better than any1 other class imo and that's 1 of the biggest factors in soloing and 1vX-ing open world
    Xbox 1 NA
    Stamblade: Grand overlord
    Stamsorc: Major
    Magplar: Centurion
    551k vma
  • Solariken
    Solariken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Stamina Sorcerer
    Stamsorc truly wants for nothing. Best mobility, best resource sustain, great burst potential, and a free execute with a dubious proc chance.
  • alephthiago
    alephthiago
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Magicka Sorcerer
    Its between stamsorc and magicka sorc.
    Walks-in-Shadowss AD Magblade
    *** kitty AD Stamblade
    Paarthurnax's Will AD Magicka DK
    agnar cracked skull EP Magicka DK (veteran dragonstar arena bot)
    Klogi Mugdul AD Stamina DK
    Savre Selranni AD Magicka Sorc (being polished)
    Avenar Lolhealing AD Magicka Templar (being polished)

• utb99
    utb99
    ✭✭✭
    Stamina Templar
    utb99 wrote: »
    This class has it all.
    HAS PURIFY
    11/10

2h and bow the best spec?

2H and Bow imo best spec. DW and 2H is higher damage but 1h&S w/ 2H is really tanky.
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Magicka Nightblade
    Magicka Nightblade!

Heal while you damage stuff and darkcloak through half the stealth content in the game.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Speed_Kills
    Speed_Kills
    ✭✭✭
    Stamina Sorcerer
    #stamsorcmeta
    Some say speed kills, I hope to be proof of that.

Main- Speed Kills Nord Stamina Sorcerer
    +11 alts (every class, mag+stam)
  • runningtings
    runningtings
    ✭✭✭
    Stamina Nightblade
    only because i play stam NB and cant be bothered leveling another character
    // DC / EU PC// Garión<< The Black >>
  • LordSlif
    LordSlif
    ✭✭✭✭
    Magicka Sorcerer
    Magplars BoL bots lol
  • Nellzer
    Nellzer
    ✭✭✭
    Stamina Dragonknight
    I just voted for my favorite, clearly stam sorc is the best and there really is no argument against that.
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Stamina Sorcerer
    Stam sorc, Stam DK and stamplar are what I mostly play.

Usually because I play solo. They're all good, Stam sorc is the easiest to 1vX with though.

If I'm in a group I hop on my saptank, magplar or magica NB usually.
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stamina Sorcerer
    Magsorc if you want to play group or zergsurf.

For true soloing stamsorc or NB depending on prefered playstyle.
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

• Ashamray
    Ashamray
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    *soloing mplar without mist form* D=
    Boadrig, EU PC

Very Balanced
    Battleground Beta Testers
    Cite's Legacy
    Colosseum

Imperial City frequenter
    Imperial City feedback and suggestions
  • deepseamk20b14_ESO
    deepseamk20b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Magicka Sorcerer
    I'd say magicka sorc. I'd assume the majority of those voting for Stam blade only gank. When I think open world PvP I think of being able to be more than just a one trick pony. Magicka sorcs have great survivability, great damage, and even with streak costing more per cast I still see sorcs able to escape most of the time, regain their resources and get back into the fight. Sure bad ones will die still, but that goes for any class if played poorly.
    Hey everyone! Look! It's a signature!
  • LordSlif
    LordSlif
    ✭✭✭✭
    Magicka Sorcerer
    Some classes have problem for solo pvp fight. Most specifically NB and templar
  • bsmorrowb14_ESO
    bsmorrowb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I see a lot of folks saying stam sorc, whats a decent build for this in pvp?
  • Soris
    Soris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stamina Sorcerer
    Ashamray wrote: »
    *soloing mplar without mist form* D=
    he got some balls
    Welkynd [Templar/AD/EU]
  • Lord_MK
    Lord_MK
    ✭✭✭
    Stamina Sorcerer
    I chose stam sorc as I am a very big theorycrafter and stam sorc just lets me create the strongest set ups possible for Zerg counterplay because of dark deal. My set up could never function on another stamina class. Another thing is that when I'm getting zerged I have more heals than stam dk even because of crit surge. Like on stam sorc I can literally just bully some players, especially if they don't have 25k health. The only class that can even compete once you're playing at a high level is dk. I try other classes and although they have strong bursts combos they still can't achieve what stam sorc has
  • Cathexis
    Cathexis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Lord_MK

What do you run?
    I only see those results running proc.
    Do you play on Azura's?
    Azura's and Trueflame are very different animals.

This poll looks misleading to me. It isn't an accurate picture.
    You will do better on Azura's than on Trueflame as a stam sorc.
    On Trueflame, you are better off running literally any other class.

Before you even get to procs vs no procs.
    Melee vs range.
    Solo vs Group.
    Edited by Cathexis on April 5, 2017 11:21PM
    The Tomb of FPS Alteration Magic - Everything You Need to Know About FPS
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/520903/tomb-of-fps-alteration-magic-everything-you-need-to-know-about-fps
    Praise Malacath.
  • Reefo
    Reefo
    ✭✭✭
    Stamina Nightblade
    With a high mag and Stam regen set up a stamblade can be one elusive farqer!

I only choose this over stamsorc because of the ability to shade, cloak, fear. The play style is very unforgiving if u get caught you have to constantly moving but you have more burst than a stamsorc and getting in and out is what a nightblade thrives at.

Incap + surprize attack is faster than dizzying swing + executioner.

Stamsorc rocks but if you suffer with medium ping it's nigh impossible to land a dizzying swing against a good player so I don't play stamsorc in pvp anymore.
  • leem1988
    leem1988
    ✭✭✭
    Is stam sorc still the best class for morrowind?
  • mirog
    mirog
    ✭✭✭
    Stamina Sorcerer
    Every class is easy/op with cheese, however, out of all those classes stam sorc performs the best