Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Does implosion need addressing? Or better yet, complete re-work!?

NeillMcAttack
NeillMcAttack
✭✭✭✭✭
I feel this passive is just total nonsense. As a magblade main, dropping below 15% health is common place in any fight that goes longer than 20 seconds. In fact you can expect it to happen many times over in a fight. It's in that period I can use my only reliable heal/defensive spell healing ward, or harness whilst waiting on my HOT's.
People will say keep your health above the threshold. As a light armour magblade, that simply is not possible. It's a case now where so many stam sorcs can just run heavy, S&B and keep dropping players below that 15% over and over and it will proc eventually.

Look at this and tell me it's ok where it's at!?
sDf1s3P.jpg
Edited by NeillMcAttack on March 25, 2017 2:19PM
PC EU - NoCP PvP, is real PvP
Tiidehunter Nord StamDK EP PvP Main
Legion Commander Tresdin Stamplar DC PvE Main
Sephirith Altmer MagPlar EP Gondar the Bounty Hunter Khajiit StamBlade DC
The Dirge Redguard StamNecro EP Disruptor Stormcrafter Nord StamSorc AD
Lone Druid Bosmer Stam Warden EP Necro-Phos Argonian MagBlade AD
@ McAttack in game
Played since beta, and then on console at release, until the game became unplayable on console.

Does implosion need addressing? Or better yet, complete re-work!? 114 votes

It's fine where it is.
53%
ColoursYouHaveErock25lolo_01b16_ESOSodanTokDomanderidks7732425ub17_ESOMalthornejeskahbatters92ArtemiisiaLylithMemnockOmbeyMojomonkeymanMinalanDHaleCP5paulsimonpssmacx250 61 votes
Maybe a re-balance.
14%
SolarikenJsmallsRajajshkaSorisAlcastTBoisFriedEggSandwichbinhoZohrGrumpyDucklingNateS4norbertixWhiteMageanatole1234SolBlueSkyIsTheLimit1206 16 votes
Complete overhaul, change the passive already.
32%
JimmyFJoy_Divisionmilesrodneymcneely2_ESOcschwingeb14_ESOAsaredNeillMcAttackleeuxEdziuShader_ShibesXvorgFirerock2DrayzonSturgeHammerNBrookusJormasaurus Panda_iMunchSunburnt_PenguinAedarylToc de Malsviostrapz 37 votes
  • Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's fine where it is.
    If you dip below 15% you most likely gonna die anyway. Also, it has only a small 6% chance when you are under 15%. Heal to 16% and the chance is ZERO.
    Also, if I checked correctly, implosion scales with the sorcerers max health. So it won't benefit from the usual ressource bonuses.

Edit: Of course there are ways to not dip under 15% as a magblade in PvP. Ever tried a shield? How do you compete if you are always under 15% health?
    Edited by Chilly-McFreeze on March 25, 2017 2:31PM
  • NeillMcAttack
    NeillMcAttack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you dip below 15% you most likely gonna die anyway. Also, it has only a small 6% chance when you are under 15%. Heal to 16% and the chance is ZERO.
    Also, if I checked correctly, implosion scales with the sorcerers max health. So it won't benefit from the usual ressource bonuses.

Edit: Of course there are ways to not dip under 15% as a magblade in PvP. Ever tried a shield? How do you compete if you are always under 15% health?

Since when is dropping below 15% health mean "you are dead anyway". Tell that to a MagSorc, that will stack his shields. A magtemp that goes to full with one button, any stam that has had his rally running, the new improved magDK's!?? You can't use that as logic to defend a "passive" that works like another proc that can be stacked.

The chance is 6%. But that increases the longer the fight draws out.
    @ McAttack in game
    Played since beta, and then on console at release, until the game became unplayable on console.
  • NeillMcAttack
    NeillMcAttack
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Where do I say "I'm always at 15% health".Of course I use shields. But it's far more common place to drop within this threshold without a burst heal!
    @ McAttack in game
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Having a passive execute on a class that already has a cheap, ranged, timebomb execute is overkill.
  • DHale
    DHale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's fine where it is.
    Dropping below 15 percent health in a fight when 20 percent is execute range... no beueno.
    Sorcerna, proud beta sorc. RIP April 2014 to May 31 2016 DArk Brotherhood. Out of retirement for negates and encases. Sorcerna will be going back into retirement to be my main crafter Fall 2018. Because an 8 k shield is f ing useless. Died because of baddies on the forum. Too much qq too little pew pew. 16 AD 2 DC. 0 EP cause they bad, CP 2300 plus 18 level 50 toons. NA, PC, Grey Host#SORCLIVESMATTER actually they don’t or they wouldn’t keep getting nerfed constantly.
  • Toc de Malsvi
    Toc de Malsvi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's a cheap mechanic that offers little to Sorc's other than an occasional free kill in PVP. It should be reworked.
    Legendary Archer of Valenwood
    Bosmer Dragon Knight Archer. XBox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Nightblade Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Sorcerer Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Warden Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Templar's are evil..
  • Firerock2
    Firerock2
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Wow! Do you just fall over dead when you go below 15%? I actually use skills that scale with low health like the rest of staff ward. Guess what though, I can't do that if a cheap insta procs on me before I can activate my shield. Not to mention sorts already have access to Mage's Fury. This passive is stupid, being below 15% should not be a death sentence. No skill in that
    Edited by Firerock2 on March 25, 2017 3:57PM
  • Solariken
    Solariken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Maybe a re-balance.
    IMO Implosion should be a chance proc a small-moderate amount of extra damage on all direct physical/shock/magic attacks.

Likewise, Burning Light should be reworked into a similar chance to proc a similar amount of damage on all physical/fire/magic damage over time effects.

@Wrobel
  • Shader_Shibes
    Shader_Shibes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NBrookus wrote: »
    Having a passive execute on a class that already has a cheap, ranged, timebomb execute is overkill.

Exactly, im sure i could hop on my mag sorc, spam wrath or other morph and get easy kills.
  • KramUzibra
    KramUzibra
    ✭✭✭✭
    Haha that's nothing I still get hit with 10k implosions!!
  • KramUzibra
    KramUzibra
    ✭✭✭✭

No your don't know that for sure... and if I'm below 15% you the player should be initiatinteresting the execute not a passive skill regardless of its low proc chance... by the way that 6% seems to happen alot more than 6% of the time..especially with stam sorcs.
  • KramUzibra
    KramUzibra
    ✭✭✭✭

Lol plus they got ulti reduction.
  • Didaco
    Didaco
    ✭✭✭✭
    I chose "complete overhaul" because I hate everything related to proc chances.

And it makes me feel hollow when I kill someone with it.

I think not a single person in the world would say "oh god, I had no control over it and yet I killer him/her! I'm so skilled !!1!!1one".
  • DocFrost72
    DocFrost72
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Exactly, im sure i could hop on my mag sorc, spam wrath or other morph and get easy kills.

Or do repeated 1k hits to potatoes, maybe? Did you mean to say that the ability would be really powerful when used in a group?
  • Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's fine where it is.

Where do I say "I'm always at 15% health".Of course I use shields. But it's far more common place to drop within this threshold without a burst heal!

I exeggerated your " As a magblade main, dropping below 15% health is common place" sentence. Anyway, if you have, say 25k health and you are under 3750 HP it wouldn't be unusal to die, e.g. due to a proc set or almost every other skill.

Also, this is another great example of how the PvP community whines it's way into nerfing PvE stuff to the ground.
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

You can if you run behind a group... and plenty do, doing nothing but spamming wrath and encase. And then dying if the zerg isn't big enough to shield them.

Remove implosion in favor of something more interesting. If needed, rework mages wrath in terms of damage/skill cost to balance if needed.

• lolo_01b16_ESO
    lolo_01b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It's fine where it is.
    So you complain that you get killed by an execute mechanic when you drop below execute range?
    Also how do you survive against other classes? I mean implosion has just a chance to kill you, if you drop below 15% without any shield up against any build with a real execute, you'll almost always be dead. I mean, even if you spam crushing shock on that enemy templar, the first tick if radiant oppression will already kill you. Same goes for mages wrath and good luck dodging some reverse slice spam as a mag build.
    Edited by lolo_01b16_ESO on March 25, 2017 5:52PM
  •  Panda_iMunch
    Panda_iMunch
    ✭✭✭✭
    A random chance to insta kill enemies has really no counter to that type of style other than "Don't get hit" which is pretty ridiculous already. If there was a counter, then it would be fine, but it is a passive.

Just get change it to a passive damage increase for low enemies with sorc skills or something around those lines.
    Yeetus that fetus

Youtube: Pandalius (Panda)
    Twitch: Pandalius
    Beam: Pandalius
    Twitter: Pandalius
  • Browiseth
    Browiseth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It's fine where it is.
    whoa a weakness in my build

can't have that nerf/remove it
    skingrad when zoscharacters:
    • EP - M - Strikes-with-Arcane - Argonian Stamina Sorc - lvl 50 - The Flawless Conqueror/Spirit Slayer
    • EP - F - Melina Elinia - Dunmer Magicka Dragonknight - lvl 50
    • EP - F - Sinnia Lavellan - Altmer Warden Healer - lvl 50
    • EP - M - Follows-the-Arcane - Argonian Healer Sorcerer- lvl 50
    • EP - F - Ashes-of-Arcane - Argonian Magicka Necromancer - lvl 50
    • EP - M - Bolgrog the Sinh - Orc Stamina Dragonknight - lvl 50
    • EP - F - Moonlight Maiden - Altmer Magicka Templar - lvl 50
    • EP - F - Maxine Cauline - Breton Magicka Nightblade - lvl 50
    • EP - M - Garrus Loridius - Imperial Stamina Templar - lvl 50
    • EP - F - Jennifer Loridius - Imperial Necromancer tank - lvl 50
    PC/NA but live in EU 150+ ping lyfe
  • KramUzibra
    KramUzibra
    ✭✭✭✭
    So you complain that you get killed by an execute mechanic when you drop below execute range?
    Also how do you survive against other classes? I mean implosion has just a chance to kill you, if you drop below 15% without any shield up against any build with a real execute, you'll almost always be dead. I mean, even if you spam crushing shock on that enemy templar, the first tick if radiant oppression will already kill you. Same goes for mages wrath and good luck dodging some reverse slice spam as a mag build.

Those skills are executed by player intervention...the player actually pressed a button while your within execute range....implosion does it for the player.
  • Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's fine where it is.
    Uh, you now that Implosion procs on dmg dealt to enemies in execute range. Like i said before: 15% of 25k hp = 3.75k. Means if that sorc hits you with eg force pulse, mages wrath, curse etc ,as he HAS TO in order to proc Implosion, you would be dead anyway. If this happens due to a dot or aoe, you just had bad luck to be within these enormous 6%. Nothing different from any poison, enchant or proc set.
  • KramUzibra
    KramUzibra
    ✭✭✭✭
    Uh, you now that Implosion procs on dmg dealt to enemies in execute range. Like i said before: 15% of 25k hp = 3.75k. Means if that sorc hits you with eg force pulse, mages wrath, curse etc ,as he HAS TO in order to proc Implosion, you would be dead anyway. If this happens due to a dot or aoe, you just had bad luck to be within these enormous 6%. Nothing different from any poison, enchant or proc set.

I don't agree with procs, they should be removed. Enchants and poisons don't hit for 6 to 10k so their is a difference.
  • Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's fine where it is.
    How much base Health do you need that 6-10k implosion dmg + skill dmg is needed to kill you if you already sit below 15%?

Btw there are some nasty ravage health poisons + sets and torugs centered builds out there, but that doesnt contribute to the topic.
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They should give this skill back to DKs and move Implosion to DKs passive and rename it "Explosion."
  • NeillMcAttack
    NeillMcAttack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They should give this skill back to DKs and move Implosion to DKs passive and rename it "Explosion."

As a console noob, is there some kind of irony I'm not getting here?
    @ McAttack in game
  • Izaki
    Izaki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It's fine where it is.
    If it were reworked it should be buffed. :trollface:
    @ Izaki #PCEU
    #FrenchKiss #GoneFor2YearsAndMyGuildDoesn'tRaidAnymore
    #MoreDPSthanYou
    #Stamblade
  • EldritchPenguin
    EldritchPenguin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's fine where it is.

As a console noob, is there some kind of irony I'm not getting here?
    It's not technically irony. It's a reference to how other classes (including Sorcerers) have taken some skills from Dragonknights in the past, one of which was the old Inferno, which was reworked into the lackluster ability it is today, while Sorcerers ran off with Lightning Form.
    Lilelle Adlis - Dark Elf Dragonknight

Vaynothah Sailenar - Dark Elf Templar

Sherivah Telvanni - Dark Elf Sorcerer

Nephiah Telvanni - Dark Elf Nightblade
  • NeillMcAttack
    NeillMcAttack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How much base Health do you need that 6-10k implosion dmg + skill dmg is needed to kill you if you already sit below 15%?

Btw there are some nasty ravage health poisons + sets and torugs centered builds out there, but that doesnt contribute to the topic.

You're completely ignoring the fact that someone has to actually 'do something' to hit that execute, in the same time, I can react with something.
    @ McAttack in game
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

I'm still not in favor of passive RNG executes... but if any class should get one it's DKs. Just make it proc off flame or magic damage so stam DKs don't have the double execute.
  • Juhasow
    Juhasow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's fine where it is.
    I died many times killed by this passive still I dont have any problem with that. Yes it add ,,luck factor" to the game but being under 15% hp without shields , block etc is dead anyway and if You dont die when You're below 15% from regular executes You shouldnt die from this passive also. It's also 6% so it's not end of the world. Sometimes that ,,luck factor" is even good so fights dont last 30 minutes. Many times I died after like 15 minutes of duel and I was killed by this passive still I dont have problem with that.

Btw @NeillMcAttack I assume You have over 20k HP so 15% of Your hp is ~3k the last combo that procced implosion on You was HA+viper proc+ranskack+hurricane proc which overal gives something above 8k so it means You was around 50% hp when enemie started to charge heavy attack on You. Where was Your shield ? You was stunned ? If Yes then You would die anyway if no then You allowed that sorc to perform final combo because viper always can create that mess and as magicka user You should be very cautious when fighting with someone who wears proc set.
    Edited by Juhasow on March 26, 2017 5:34PM