Maintenance for the week of October 21:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – October 21, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Name 1 thing in oblivion you would bring to eso if you could

• Betsararie
    Betsararie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Would've loved to see a pve option in cyrodiil with all of the different cities intact from oblivion, assume that would be lore-breaking, though.
  • Integral1900
    Integral1900
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I just want to be able to make characters the size of Lyris Titanborn, she reminds me of my wife B)

Except my beloved is more use with an axe....
  • wakeyjimb16_ESO
    wakeyjimb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Sean Bean
  • fgoron2000
    fgoron2000
    ✭✭✭✭
    Another 1 thing...storage space in player-owned homes...yeah, that may be a touchy subject with ZOS right now because everybody's clamoring for it, but hey...it was in OB, and also in SK, and to tell truth, this'd prolly be #1 to bring over, and KotN, from my previous comment, would be #2

• Saturnana
    Saturnana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The character building/selection system, where you get to choose the sign you're born under and which are your minor and major skills. The mechanics functioned in such a way that you could really make a unique, one-of-a-kind build catering to exactly what you had in mind at the time. :)
    @Saturnna | PC / EU

Nâmae Rin : Dragonknight | Dr Milodas Ra'Himo : Templar | Mira Motierre : Sorceress
    Plays-ln-Puddles : Warden  |  Lady Neria : Dragonknight   | Philadore : Nightblade  
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    "Ha! I do love it when the mortals know they're being manipulated. Makes things infinitely more interesting."
                                      - Sheogorath
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dark_Claw wrote: »
    Unfortunately the thing I love the most about Oblivion can't be replicated, and that's its atmosphere. I would love to hear more of its soundtrack though as I consider it one of the best game scores ever composed.
    G0aRXLFm.jpg
    True.
    And yes the radiant AI could have some insane funny results outside of dialogue.
    Getting helped by mystic dawn agents, sniping bandits having them run after mudcrabs or deer thinking they was the attacker.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • Xecil
    Xecil
    ✭✭✭
    Tough call. I'm going to have to go with casting spells whilst wielding a weapon, though. Either that or spellcrafting.
    Waiting for open beta to be over.
  • Acrolas
    Acrolas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Oblivion Moment.

"Yet, despite all that, the core experience is forgettably dull. Quite literally, people tend to forget that it's dull."
    http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2016-12-02-now-its-backwards-compatible-here-are-oblivions-best-moments

Every DLC so far, and the Harborage story, has been about core experiences. Which gives them more limited boundaries than the single player TES experiences we all enjoy.

ZOS probably already has 2018 planned. But in 2019 I'd like them to tackle Shivering Isles as a Chapter. Instead of a core experience narrative, I want basically the opening choice of the Oblivion expansion as a gaming experience. After killing the gatekeeper, you chose Dementia or Mania. In the Chapter, Mania and Dementia can have their original land masses but as you progress into either side through NPC interactions and exploration, Dementia gets darker and its delves grow deeper, while Mania appears to be ascending into the heavens. Yet, in ambiance, there's a perverse inversion.

As goals, you can either choose to balance between the two, unlocking access to a fair share of both. Or, dig deeply into one or the other, altering your perception of the game world, how you view the players around you, and what new content you can unlock through each character's actions in the Isles. Instead of a linear walkthrough, people will be making videos showing what they found through combinations of choices, things that will make you want to try different paths to see what you can find.

It can be an absolute mind *** of an amazing experience if done right. And it would give us the Oblivion Moment in ways that Cyrodiil cannot in its present form.
    signing off
  • SHADOW2KK
    SHADOW2KK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No lag from Cyrodil :p
    Once I was a lamb, playing in a green field. Then the wolves came. Now I am an eagle and I fly in a different universe.

Been taking heads since TeS 3 Morrowind..

Been enjoying PvP tears since 2014

LvL 50 - Dragon Knight EP [PC-EU] = Illuvutar = Ex The Wabbajack = (Stam DK)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Legendary Blades = Evil Ninja/Dueller = (StamBlade)
    LvL 50 - Sorcerer DC [PC-EU] = Daemon Lord = (Mag Sorc)
    LvL 50 - Dragon Knight DC [PC-EU] = Khal-Bladez = (Mag DK)
    LvL 50 - Dragon Knight DC [PC-EU] = Tenakha Khan = (Stam DK)
    LvL 50 - Templar DC [PC-EU]] = Blades The Disgruntled = (Stamplar)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Ghost Blades = (Assassin)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Malekith The Shadow = (Mag NB)
    LvL 50 - Warden DC [PC-EU] = Crimson Blades = (Stamden)

Guild Master of The Bringers Of The Storm.
    Harrods

Member Of The Old Guard
    PC Closed Betas 2013

PC Mastah Race

Anook Page anook.com/shadow2kk

Been playing since Beta and Early Access

• chenbot
    chenbot
    ✭✭
    the grabbing mechanic!

FF to ~2:30

• Urza1234
    Urza1234
    ✭✭✭✭
    I honestly would not have said Spellcrafting a few weeks ago, I thought that developing ESO as a class based game was an iffy choice, but that they pulled it off well. Now with what we've seen so far of Warden I think spellcrafting is a must-have, ZOS clearly cannot be trusted to develop new classes.
  • Sneaky-Snurr
    Sneaky-Snurr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd say the atmosphere of the surroundings.
    Somehow the NPCs' reactions in Morrowind's and Skyrim's are rather watered down compared to Oblivion's where the NPCs can be very hyperbolic in a given situation.

Recall the guards swarming towards you and yelling "why won't you die!" hysterically when you've just commited a petty crime (stealing apples). That is a little much per se but it makes the game more colourful and animated.
    I'd like to elaborate more, especially on the landscape & general atmosphere, but time is not on anybody's side.

That said, I'd like more immersion improvements in ESO as the current one is very bland and uninspired.
    From landscapes to player-NPC interactions (quests and general reactions).
    The Order of the Shadows: Nightmare
      EP CP810 Nightblade
      AD CP810 Templar
      AD CP810 Dragon Knight
      AD Lvl 25 Sorceror
      DC Lvl 23 Nightblade
    {PC•NA•no-CP Ravenwatch}

Shadow hide you. -Unknown
    There is no clean fight in a war. -Shun Izaki
  • jaye63
    jaye63
    ✭✭✭✭
    Actual Elder Scrolls. I have the complete set and this feels more like a skinned version of WoW than it does Elder Scrolls.
  • cmetzger93
    cmetzger93
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jewelry crafting.
    Bonus: proper first person horse riding.