Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

This is my reason why VMA is so difficult for people to do

• Kidz_BeAstx
    Kidz_BeAstx
    ✭✭
    I'm quitting the forums now. How come is it that every time I try to make a post there always has to be some guy calling me a troll or call me stupid just because I have an opinion? Also why are people so stupid on this forum? I'm logging out forever now. Do as you wish. I quit now.
  • Drummerx04
    Drummerx04
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @XGCAlbatr0ss You really don't get it at all. This entire post is just saying that more dps makes it easier to do. I'm not even going to respond to this ignorance anymore. I'm done replying on this thread.

I will say this one last time. More damage makes it easier, less damage makes it more difficult. I can't respond to ignorance anymore. [snip]

[Edit to remove insulting remark.]

We aren't disputing that more dps is better. We are disputing that bis gear is necessary for good dps. Some of the top runs in the world ( less than 30-40 minutes) are done in julianos and grothdar.
    Edited by ZOS_GregoryV on March 24, 2017 11:37PM
    PC/NA - Nightfighters, Raid Leader and Officer
    Lilith Arujo - DC sorc tank/dps/healer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer, Gryphon Heart, Grand Warlord
    Lilith Tortorici - DC templar trials healer

Notable Completions:
    vAS (72k), vMoL HM (160k), vAA HM (135k), vHRC HM, vSO HM (141k), vHoF HM (168k), vCR+3(129k), vDSA 45k, vMA 591k

Original Addons:
    Lilith's Group Manager
    Lilith's Lazy Hacks - Auto Recharge/Repair
    Bot Scanner 2000
    Lilith's Command History
    Maintained Addons:
    Kill Counter
  • Izaki
    Izaki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Minor Slayer = Willpower 3pc

The only thing that IA/MD add on is 3% crit or 1k magicka.
    @ Izaki #PCEU
    #FrenchKiss #GoneFor2YearsAndMyGuildDoesn'tRaidAnymore
    #MoreDPSthanYou
    #Stamblade
  • Trihugger
    Trihugger
    ✭✭✭
    Just an FYI, there's about a 1% difference in damage between 3 Willpower and 3 IA/Moondancer. I'm not terribly informed of what the difference is between agility and VO, but it is without any fraction of a doubt less than 5%. Taking into account the ENTIRE set bonuses results in a noticeable but completely non-game changing difference. You're barking up the wrong tree.

Some people simply are good at this game and understand mechanics/rotation/etc. This is a bad excuse to cling to in hopes of validating "I can't do vMSA." It holds no water.
  • Muramasa89
    Muramasa89
    ✭✭✭
    For someone you supposedly look up to, you seemingly know nothing about how he does things. Maybe you should have a proper chat with him about this.
  • anfmofo
    anfmofo
    ✭✭✭
    I found the difference between 3 piece IA and 3 piece Willpower to be minimal and makes little difference.
    WIllpower gives more magicka but less crit.
    IA gives damage boost and slight crit
    My times and scores are the same with both but i'm no pro.

I agree more damage means better scores but you have to fully understand all mechanics and that is way more important than any slight stat differences. I have tried many sets and my scores are only improving as I get better but I can not get higher than 490k and still no flawless, so still lots more learning to be done.
  • davidcombs7
    My first clear was using elegant, julianos, kena on an overload build on my magsorc
  • kadar
    kadar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Trihugger wrote: »
    Just an FYI, there's about a 1% difference in damage between 3 Willpower and 3 IA/Moondancer. I'm not terribly informed of what the difference is between agility and VO, but it is without any fraction of a doubt less than 5%. Taking into account the ENTIRE set bonuses results in a noticeable but completely non-game changing difference. You're barking up the wrong tree.

Some people simply are good at this game and understand mechanics/rotation/etc. This is a bad excuse to cling to in hopes of validating "I can't do vMSA." It holds no water.
    anfmofo wrote: »
    I found the difference between 3 piece IA and 3 piece Willpower to be minimal and makes little difference.
    WIllpower gives more magicka but less crit.
    IA gives damage boost and slight crit
    My times and scores are the same with both but i'm no pro.

I agree more damage means better scores but you have to fully understand all mechanics and that is way more important than any slight stat differences. I have tried many sets and my scores are only improving as I get better but I can not get higher than 490k and still no flawless, so still lots more learning to be done.

Yeah, it's simply not the case that Zenimax "messed up the game" by making VO/IA bound. They are proven to be better than their non-Trial counterparts but the fact is, the difference is quite small. However, not everyone is interested in facts..
  • CultOfMMO
    CultOfMMO
    ✭✭✭
    you learned everything you knew from him you said?

well clearly he didnt teach you how to gitgud

I cleared vMA at cp274 on a khajit stamblade without VO, and made it to the leaderboard by cp300, still without VO.

Now that I have VO i permanently secured a spot in the top 20 PC NA. People who cant clear vMA without trial gear will still not clear it with trial gear.
    vHoF HM 202k Tick-Tock Tormentor (Stamblade)
    vAS HM 111k Immortal Redeemer (Magplar)
    vCR HM 129k Gryphon Heart (Magblade/plar)
    vSS HM 245k NA 2nd Godslayer (Stamcro)
    Magblade vMA 601k
  • Redn3ck
    Redn3ck
    Sounds like OP wants a participation award....

VO is the only gear set you really "need" the sustain you get is night and day difference. But yeah you can complete the content without it, defientely won't be putting up a leaderboard score though.

First four stages are easy. Stage 5 is the first time you need solid dps to get through it. 6 is easy if you understand the pillar mechanics will stun the boss. 7 is a pain everyone will give you that one. 8 and 9 are honestly easier then 5 and 7.

This might sound stupid...but have you actually asked him to explain his way about doing the arenas??
  • kylewwefan
    kylewwefan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It's really cute that you look up to people and stuff. Thaught you were some sweet kid. Then you got salty. Well...

Anyways, I can assure you it's not the gear. Yeah, the good players will get better with it. But for us permanent terribad players, it's just more shiney.

Your role model there would likely be doing just fine in blue gear with charged weapons.
  • Ivehn
    Ivehn
    ✭✭✭
    I don’t think gear is nearly as important as being familiar with the mechanics in order to complete vMA. I recently cleared it with my 236cp sorcerer on PC EU; I had blue jewellery, mostly purple gear, and crafted staves without enchantments equipped (because I’m an idiot and I forgot to add them :sweat_smile:), and I still had 1/5 of the deaths compared to when I first cleared it with my 561cp (max level at the time) sorc on PC NA, who had legendary armour, maximum enchantments, and those gold IA jewellery you mention. The only reason I could complete it on this new toon with the decidedly unperfected gear is because I already had experience from my previous runs. Thus, I really do think that learning the mechanics, and just going through plain trial and error in the arena, will help a lot more with clearing it than whatever gear you can equip your character with.
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Same gear, different player can easily see 5k difference in DPS on weaving / ani cancel alone.

There is way more skill then you give the guy credit.

MSA is all about L2P, learning the mechanics and using the skills right more than gear.

You only need VS / IA to help prop up a leader board score and even then the pros wouldn't need it. A clear is much more straightforward than that
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • pattyLtd
    pattyLtd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm quitting the forums now. How come is it that every time I try to make a post there always has to be some guy calling me a troll or call me stupid just because I have an opinion? Also why are people so stupid on this forum? I'm logging out forever now. Do as you wish. I quit now.

Nooooooooooooo, please don't leave us!
    English is not my native language, no grammar police please, tyvm
  • WarpigFunk
    WarpigFunk
    ✭✭✭
    OP saw his friend melting enemies and just assumed it was because his gear was better - had no clue his friend was weaving ... that's pretty much what this topic amounts to.
    PS4 [NA]
    Hingle McKringleberry - Altmer MagSorc DD The Flawless Conquerer
    Sek Sual Chocolate - Redguard StamSorc DD Stormproof
    Doktor Feelgood - Breton Templar Healz Boethia's Scythe
    Tiberius Asskickatron - Imperial DK StamTank Mageslayer
    -VERIFIED-
    -FFF-
    vAAHM 100k+, vSOHM 100k+, vHRCHM 100k+, vMoL 78k, vDSA 36k, vMA 535k
  • Hrolfkel
    Hrolfkel
    ✭✭
    Anyone have a NB Tank build for completing VMA cause I am a straight tank one all my toons the only one I'VE come close with is my NB Tank
  • WarpigFunk
    WarpigFunk
    ✭✭✭
    Hrolfkel wrote: »
    Anyone have a NB Tank build for completing VMA cause I am a straight tank one all my toons the only one I'VE come close with is my NB Tank

Use a DPS build pimp ... otherwise you'll be in there forever.
    PS4 [NA]
    Hingle McKringleberry - Altmer MagSorc DD The Flawless Conquerer
    Sek Sual Chocolate - Redguard StamSorc DD Stormproof
    Doktor Feelgood - Breton Templar Healz Boethia's Scythe
    Tiberius Asskickatron - Imperial DK StamTank Mageslayer
    -VERIFIED-
    -FFF-
    vAAHM 100k+, vSOHM 100k+, vHRCHM 100k+, vMoL 78k, vDSA 36k, vMA 535k
  • Majeure
    Majeure
    ✭✭✭✭
    While I do agree that the loot system is messed up, in particular the lack of a token system, the rest of what you're saying is so wrong on so many levels... :D
  • BigBadVolk
    BigBadVolk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hrolfkel wrote: »

Well my guildmate did it with a Tank and said it was the worst 3 hours he played in this game and will never do again... so easier to reroll the nb to dd much much easier :)
    "The ass is similar to the opinion: Everyone has it, but no one cares about the others!"
    I'm 120 years old
  • Teulisch
    Teulisch
    i have been having issues with the toxic shock round myself, but i think its a mechanics and positioning problem mostly. the green circle was confusing me until i read up- thats the enemy heal i think?
  • Lukums1
    Lukums1
    ✭✭✭✭
    Teulisch wrote: »
    i have been having issues with the toxic shock round myself, but i think its a mechanics and positioning problem mostly. the green circle was confusing me until i read up- thats the enemy heal i think?

You should generally pick 1 platform and stay there if possible especially while you're learning.

The green circle should generally be avoided I'm not sure if it's a heal because the monsters generally die in 1 second if they are in it or not so it's odd, I personally feel after 1500 runs myself lol that it works more as a debuff on you the healing I receive while being in there seems low but like I said can't be 100%, when it doubt :smiley: avoid! haha
    PS4 Yellow Scum Dominion
    1600+ vMA runs and counting
    Magicka Sorc - Flawless - 544k Score
    Stam Sorc - Flawless - 559k Score
    Stam DK - FLAWLESS 512k Score
    Stam NB - 492k Score - Work in progress
    Magicka Temp - 482k Score

The Ozmeric Dominion (Oceanic) Australian Based Guild

vMA "guru" - VHRC - vSO - vSOHM - vDSA - vAA - vMOL
    The Maelstrom BIBLE for beginners/Flawless Achieve Below
    https://www.twitch.tv/lukumms/v/111730700
    https://www.twitch.tv/videos/181142505

You have vMA questions? Want a guide? Helping hand? PM me!

Returns after 6 months back to back flawless
    https://go.twitch.tv/videos/180384648

• Yubarius
    Yubarius
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have a guy on my friends list whom I strongly look up to as a role model. He is a really skilled player. He does VMA all the time, he is always kicking peoples *** in PvP, he is very knowledgeable about everything. I learned everything I know from him, and people always tell me "oh you learned this from Sypher or Deltias". He does vet trials all the time including VMoL, and he is in the biggest trials guild on this platform. He uploaded a stamsorc VMA run about 2 months ago and after I watched the video, I realized why people struggle with VMA. It takes most people who are relatively new to the content like a couple minutes to burn down a boss, he does it in just 10 seconds.

What I am saying is that ZOS really messed up the game by making loot from trials bound. How do we expect people to be raid ready when the majority of people are forced to use agility/willpower jewelry? VO and IA really makes a huge difference in DPS and I know that its not maelstrom weapons specifically because his PVE build for VMA uses Spriggons dagger/axe and maelstrom bow, so yes that jewelry really makes up a big difference.

Well how do you think he got those really good sets like CO or IS? Everyone who has bis gear started from nothing just like everyone else. IMO, the only people who should have bis are those willing to put in the time to get it. And don't hit me with the "yeah well some of us have lives, not everyone is living on welfare in their mom's basement and has 24 hours a day to play". A lot of the people who have the best gear have been playing for YEARS. You shouldn't be able to get the same stuff in 2 months that took the person next to you over a year to acquire.
    • Yubarius - Magicka NB - Flawless Conqueror
    • YubariusX - Magicka Warden - Flawless Conqueror
    • Lord Yubarius - Stamina Sorc - Stormproof - Centurion
    • 'Rubick the Grand Magus - Magicka Sorc
    • Fair Child Tank - Stamina DK
    • Jaruko - Magicka Templar
    • Selthyn Bavailo - Mag DK
    • Bandit-The-Great - Stam Temp

• Yubarius
    Yubarius
    ✭✭✭✭
    Also, anyone who complains about not being able to beat vMA because "OH well gear drops are rigged to be obtained by the best players" or whatever excuses they use are simply bad at the game. Don't get triggered or whatever, it's just the truth. Wanna know what my first vMA run consisted of? 3 days non-stop over spring break with 300 cp, 1 bloodspawn for sustain, 1 kena for damage, 3 agility, 2 nmg daggers and 3 body with 2 hundings on the body.
    • Yubarius - Magicka NB - Flawless Conqueror
    • YubariusX - Magicka Warden - Flawless Conqueror
    • Lord Yubarius - Stamina Sorc - Stormproof - Centurion
    • 'Rubick the Grand Magus - Magicka Sorc
    • Fair Child Tank - Stamina DK
    • Jaruko - Magicka Templar
    • Selthyn Bavailo - Mag DK
    • Bandit-The-Great - Stam Temp

• Bobby_V_Rockit
    Bobby_V_Rockit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I cant beat the three centurion bosses in stage 2. Thats with all gold divines sharpened gear including 3 gold VO jewellery. I'm just really bad at the game
  • Araxyte
    Araxyte
    ✭✭✭✭
    Did my my first no-death run with a 300cp stamblade. I was clueless when it came to gear, I was wearing stuff like 2 piece bloodspawn lmao. It takes time, patience and countless deaths to get good at VMA, alot of the people on forum complaining about the difficulty of VMA are just impatient and give up after 100 deaths. What they don't realise is that each death makes them slightly better.

As for advice, like I tell all new people to VMA, SPAM the power-ups. Use the defence sigil on hard hitting things like cremetorial guards and those OP frost mages and then just use all the other sigils if you're near them, don't worry too much about saving the sigil for later on in the round, just take it.
    | All classes | PC EU |
  • BNOC
    BNOC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Drummerx04 wrote: »
    I will say this one last time. More damage makes it easier, less damage makes it more difficult. I can't respond to ignorance anymore. [snip]

We aren't disputing that more dps is better. We are disputing that bis gear is necessary for good dps. Some of the top runs in the world ( less than 30-40 minutes) are done in julianos and grothdar.

I'm an Xbox player, but when I used to run it on my Magplar I was 2nd only to Andy S (~900 score) I ran 0 trial sets they're not important for a completion. VO is strong but if I can clear it Flawlessly on a 180CP Templar in 7L training gear, purple weapons and the recovery mundus you can do it at 630CP in any gear.

Araxyte wrote: »
    don't worry too much about saving the sigil for later on in the round, just take it.

Sigils spawn each wave within a round. (i.e. 4 times on round 1, 6 times on round 9)
    vMSA - Magplar - Xbox EU - 15/11/16
    578,000 - 36 Minutes 58 Seconds (Top 2 World?)

vMSA - Magplar - Xbox NA
    569,000 - 40 minutes (350CP, Non optimised runs)