Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Housing Editor - Lost in the Third Dimension

ProfesseurFreder
ProfesseurFreder
✭✭✭✭✭
Does anyone know how to get books, scrolls, papers and things INTO bookshelves so that they sit realistically on the shelf? I can't seem top manage it. Objects mostly stop in midair just in FRONT of the bookshelf. Or, if by some means I'm not registering I manage to get them IN to the bookshelf, they float above the actual shelf, but do not rest ON it.

I can put books and papers and things on desks and tables, easy-peasy, but just can't seem to wrap my brain around how to get them INSIDE cabinets and bookshelves and like that.

I found the housing editor to be Really Difficult right from the get-go; usually I get something so that it looks just right from where I'm standing, only to find that it's actually floating on air when viewed from another position. The people who create Tamriel for a living and manage to arrange things so realistically have my admiration.

Thanks in advance --
"Nothing by which all human passion and hope and folly can be mirrored and then proved ever was just a game."
-- William Faulkner.
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Press T to allow objects to clip through each other, then you can use the mouse wheel to slide objects towards you/away from you - so you can just line the book up and then 'push' it away from you until it's in the right position in the shelf.

Also useful for making objects look like they're sitting flat on uneven walls or for putting things partially inside other objects.

You need to push T again to turn that setting off to get objects to automatically lie flat on tables and things though.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • ProfesseurFreder
    ProfesseurFreder
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you!
    "Nothing by which all human passion and hope and folly can be mirrored and then proved ever was just a game."
    -- William Faulkner.