The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
We are currently investigating connection issues some players are having on the North American megaservers. We will update as new information becomes available.

Wow!Wait! Hold on! Sabre cat 2500 crowns!

• Slurg
    Slurg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I wouldn't call it a great deal just because the elk mount was priced higher. Value is in the eye of the beholder.

Like anything else, if you like it and would've paid more for it, then it's a good deal for you. If you don't, it's a good thing no one is forcing you to buy it.

It seems like a fair price to me at first glance, but I want to see it in action before I decide if I want it.
    Happy All the Holidays To You and Yours!
    Remembering better days of less RNG in all the things.
    Options
  • necronomniconb14_ESO
    That's a great price. Considering renewing plus since it should expire around a few days from now anyways so i can log on and grab that. It reminds me of battlecat from he-Man, as another poster mentioned in another thread. I plan to make a warden and name it Barbarian Shaman , or something, and a nord, so maybe I'd make it a blonde nord or it'll fit nicely on my blonde imperial I already run.
    Options
  • Palidon
    Palidon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Was thinking of buying the mount 2500 crowns was a good deal. However, after finding out you cannot change the mounts appearance since the armor is locked on. So forget it.

Options
  • Heroeric1337
    Heroeric1337
    ✭✭✭
    Im for everything Morrowind, you wont see me wow over a mount until they release some kind of Natch mount. If that ever happened, I dont think you'd ever get me to shut up lol.
    Options
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SydneyGrey wrote: »
    Boy, all the whining in this thread over something people aren't forced to buy. And if the sabre cat was in the crown crates, they'd whine even louder. If it were priced higher, they'd whine even louder. What WOULD keep them from whining, I wonder? :/

Ever heard the saying 'You can't please all of the people all of the time?'

I used to joke that if a game gave every single player free cake people would find reasons to complain, then ZOS were kind enough to prove me right.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
    Options
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Danikat wrote: »
    I used to joke that if a game gave every single player free cake people would find reasons to complain, then ZOS were kind enough to prove me right.
    LOL! I know, right? When I was in high school, it was "cool" for people to complain about stuff, so there was a rash of teenagers who were trying to be "cool" by complaining about anything and everything, even stupid, pointless things. It makes me wonder if one or two of those people complaining about the sabre cats are teens trying to be cool.

Edited by SydneyGrey on March 16, 2017 10:52PM
    Options
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Boy, all the whining in this thread over something people aren't forced to buy. And if the sabre cat was in the crown crates, they'd whine even louder. If it were priced higher, they'd whine even louder. What WOULD keep them from whining, I wonder? :/

It is a no sugar and gluten free cake, right? :smiley:
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
    Options
  • Cadbury
    Cadbury
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Playing Devil's Advocate here...

But wasn't the main issue regarding the anniversary cake the fact that the buff dispelled on death and the actual XP buff was less than advertised?
    "If a person is truly desirous of something, perhaps being set on fire does not seem so bad."
    Options
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It is a no sugar and gluten free cake, right? :smiley:

Hmm...not sure. I think pixels are sugar free but I don't know about gluten.
    Cadbury wrote: »

Playing Devil's Advocate here...

But wasn't the main issue regarding the anniversary cake the fact that the buff dispelled on death and the actual XP buff was less than advertised?

As I remember it there were lots of complaints from different people. That was one issue but people also complained that they felt forced to grind to make use of it, or they'd grind anyway but now "their" spot was full of people, or they didn't want an XP buff at all and wanted something else instead, or it was all an elaborate scam to get people to rush through the game and buy the DLC sooner...

But this is getting a bit off topic. My point is there is literally nothing ZOS or any other developer can do that every single person will agree is done well, or even correctly because everyone has their own criteria. What one person considers a good, or at least reasonable price someone else will think is far too expensive, while another person may well think it's too cheap and devalues it.

For example the sabre cat and the clouded-leopard are both cat mounts - functionally identical, similarish appearance and the same price. I thought the clouded-leopard was a good deal because it cost slightly less than the maximum I'd decided I wanted to pay for it and I think the sabre cat costs too much for me to justify buying it. And that comes down to nothing more than the fact that I prefer clouded leopards and leather tack over sabre cats and garish gold armour. If I can't even be consistent with myself how could I expect thousands or millions of players to agree?
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
    Options
  • Cheetac19
    Cheetac19
    ✭✭✭
    Yes! I was done with ESO for a while (got a new game for my PC I was gonna play) but looks like I may be signing on a buying a mount :) didn't expect a fair price
    Options
  • Kaymorolis
    Kaymorolis
    ✭✭✭
    I picked up the sabre cat mount - my first store purchase. I like the gold "pimp my ride" look of the armor. :p
    PC | NA
    CP: 240+
    Tai'Zar - 50 Bosmer Stamblade
    Annatar the Fair - 50 Altmer MagSorc
    Rules Through Fear - 50 Argonian Templar
    Options
  • Mercutio
    Mercutio
    ✭✭✭✭
    I wasn't going to get the Sabre Cat to be honest, but at that price point I was a sucker. I'm sure I'll use it at some point, cats just aren't really my bag. It is well done though, kudos to the artists.

The pet is really cute.
    The problem with arguing with a jackass is that they never stop braying.
    #DwemerLife
    Options
  • JWKe
    JWKe
    ✭✭✭✭
    Folks are so used to abusive pricing that now the normal pricing seems like a bargain. LOL.
    Options
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kaymorolis wrote: »
    I picked up the sabre cat mount - my first store purchase. I like the gold "pimp my ride" look of the armor. :p
    I put the gold Imperial Chancellor costume on my girl and put her on the sabre cat mount and ...

argh. Too much gold. :( Like, WAAAAY too much gold. LOL. Next time she rides that mount, she'll be wearing something with no gold at all.
    Edited by SydneyGrey on March 18, 2017 6:06PM
    Options
  • Molydeus
    Molydeus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    casparian wrote: »
    I might buy it if it weren't for that stub tail.

Stub tail? Who cut poor kitty's tail? :( I'm not crazy about the stub tail look.. but the price is at least reasonable.

It looks like a piece of poop is caught on the end of its tail.
    Options