The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

CALL TO ARMS: SCOURGE/PS4/NA

geonsocal
geonsocal
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
rally-your-god.jpg

i know this is a situation which affects not only ps4/na, but other platforms and campaigns as well...

truth is we have a bit of a problem in scourge - we are currently being overrun by blueberries...as a result our banana and tomato populations are dwindling quickly...

a few days into this campaign and the imbalance is already significantly apparent...

If you have an EP or AD character - please come in to help balance our map...if you have a DC character - if possible, please consider switching to another character before there is no one left to fight...

pvping by yourself, or, pvdorring and "waiting" for the enemy alliance to finally show up to retake their keeps - is not the most fun...
Edited by geonsocal on March 14, 2017 7:55PM
PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • OutLaw_Nynx
    OutLaw_Nynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    They won't switch. People only see one thing: winning. They don't care if they push an entire alliance out of Scourge. I've bailed from Scourge and half of my guild has too.

• Koolio
    Koolio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Been fight primarily yellow in that campaign so long it's difficult to fight blue lol. Wtb yellow/blue Bridge.
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Koolio wrote: »
    Been fight primarily yellow in that campaign so long it's difficult to fight blue lol. Wtb yellow/blue Bridge.

after only a few days into the new campaign DC has almost as many points as AD and EP combined...

plus - it's kinda fun to kill your friends :#
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • Sky_WK
    Sky_WK
    ✭✭✭✭
    Oh I would say this DOES apply to all campaigns and platforms...
    i do not read replies. still playing stamdk for some reason.
  • t3hdubzy
    t3hdubzy
    ✭✭✭✭
    There isnt a competitive campaign right now that isnt super slated with night capping and domination

Most of it is attributed to social issues within alliances, poor behaviour, and lack of proper incentive and mechanics.

My opinions of course.
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sky_WK wrote: »
    Oh I would say this DOES apply to all campaigns and platforms...

yeah, there really needs to be some kind of mechanism which provides an incentive for those alliances trailing to help narrow the score gap...

not sure the low pop bonus is enough...

it's one thing to have crazy imbalance in one of the 7 day campaigns - really sucks though when it happens in a 30 day campaign...

30 days can seem like a very very long time :)
  • MisterBastahrd
    MisterBastahrd
    ✭✭✭
    Scourge is way too long of a campaign. If you're down by 3000 points, you probably aren't coming back. Scourge had 1 bar EP last night, but Haderus was pop-locked.

Secondly, the AP incentives to do blitz runs around the map is so high that it doesn't make sense for 24 man groups to stand and fight. They can just hit empty keeps on the other side of the map and make 50-100K AP an hour. Some of the EP guild leaders have been complaining that there isn't enough population to push for emp... but their guilds are primarily responsible for the PUGs to clear out. It's not that they're getting run over by blues, it's that there's no support because one of the guilds spends all its time scroll farming and the other spends all its time hitting empty keeps. Half of the rest are in IC... meaning that there's less than a bar actually playing the objective above ground.
  • Serjustin19
    Serjustin19
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They won't switch. People only see one thing: winning. They don't care if they push an entire alliance out of Scourge. I've bailed from Scourge and half of my guild has too.

I don't like to be on winning team. On Scourge PS4 EU, I helped AD for 1yr and 2 months. But now unable to help AD. Since Scourge deleted for the 2nd time. But now I help EP for balance. In Haderus PS4 EU, Like others have stated I should continue to help with balance in this thread below.

But I really hate having everything. I love trying to do my best take keeps. Eventhough other alliances are powerful with numbers. I love to get destroyed, while doing my best for the alliance that is hurting. I'm also very odd.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/328968/alliance-pride-when-you-think-you-belong-vs-balance-what-is-better#latest
    Formerly Serjustin19, Save for Forum Of Course.... Fiery_Darkness (PC NA) currently.
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As an EVE Online player I have to tell you that CTA is a dirty term. :tongue:
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »
    As an EVE Online player I have to tell you that CTA is a dirty term. :tongue:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTrGV9SK-7OH8zktTDq3d_WlmnJdZ-I6PKmDwTSTFqpKbGq5bax

Call to Arms means that everyone in the guild or alliance is expected to move to a specified location as quickly as possible to prepare to attack or defend.

What usually happens is that you login wanting to play EVE for an hour, then as soon as you login you see there is a CTA going on and everyone is expected to get to some system 30 jumps away in their PVP ship as soon as possible. Anyone who is not seen responding is flamed (at best) or may be booted from the corp/alliance. So you get your PVP ship and start making the journey. You get there and the fleets haven't been formed up properly yet and you don't really have any idea what is going on cause the leaders can't say in chat or teamspeak cause half your alliance is spies.

So you are at the rendezvous point and it is time to go to bed, but you want to be a good corp member so you stay online to help in the fight. Unfortunately the fight happens 3-4 hours later at best, or never happens at all.

So lets say your are lucky and you only have to stay up 2 hours past your bedtime to experience the big important fight. So your alliance goes to system X and encounters a huge blob of the enemy. Your screen slows down to a slide show and you probably get popped and podded while not even being aware of it. You think you are fighting but then wake up in your clone 30 jumps away once you log out and in to get back in sync with the server.

No big deal, it was just one night wasted, so you go to bed, grog your way through work the next day, then get home and login to adjust your skills and market orders cause you are way too tired to play. Unfortunately as soon as you login you see that there is another CTA...

this Call to Arms is to try to stem the ever increasing flood of DC players throughout the map...

started the campaign off blissfully playing away on my own DC characters, not really paying much attention to the overall score or map...started hearing stories about how much DC was dominating the map - stories were true - so, i've been on my AD and EP characters the last few days, and, will stay on them for at least a couple of weeks...

personally i feel a "balanced" and competitive map/campaign is the most enjoyable...right now whether i'm yellow or red - there is literally blue everywhere on our map...
    Edited by geonsocal on March 15, 2017 5:26PM
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't like to be on winning team. On Scourge PS4 EU, I helped AD for 1yr and 2 months. But now unable to help AD. Since Scourge deleted for the 2nd time. But now I help EP for balance. In Haderus PS4 EU, Like others have stated I should continue to help with balance in this thread below.

But I really hate having everything. I love trying to do my best take keeps. Eventhough other alliances are powerful with numbers. I love to get destroyed, while doing my best for the alliance that is hurting. I'm also very odd.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/328968/alliance-pride-when-you-think-you-belong-vs-balance-what-is-better#latest

@Serjustin19 ...it's funny - many people like to knock us players whom have active characters fighting in each alliance - other than whatever side(s) may be losing at the time - it seems we are the folks most concerned and interested with having a competitive/balanced map...
    Edited by geonsocal on March 15, 2017 5:06PM
  • The_Duke
    The_Duke
    ✭✭✭✭
    Op I know for a fact you were standing behind a large red zerg spamming RD last night around bleakers. Reds are still playing zerg wars and yellow is as zergy as ever.

The Duke

Stamplar

Guild leader of The Dukes. PS4
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The_Duke wrote: »
    Op I know for a fact you were standing behind a large red zerg spamming RD last night around bleakers. Reds are still playing zerg wars and yellow is as zergy as ever.

hey @The_Duke ...oh oh, are you one if those stealthy folks whom have time to sit back and read id's :)

I have 3 DC (my main is DC), 3 EP and 2 AD characters all in scourge for about the last year (whenever azuras star died)...

each campaign I try to reach 100k AP with each (pays out around 120k or so each campaign), easier now with the new AP reward system...

actually started the campaign off playing DC, heard a bunch of feedback though reference DC overunning the map...

spent the last few days trying to squash as many blueberries as possible...

most rping in the game i do is going all in for whichever character's alliance I'm fighting for...

recently tried turning my magplar into a healer - radiant oppression is one of the few offense skills I have left in my rotation...

played on EP magdk tonight, spent a bunch of time tonight fighting/losing at arrius lumbermill against a small group of DC...feels like they're everywhere right now...
  • The_Duke
    The_Duke
    ✭✭✭✭
    Not stealthy at all. I play a stamplar not exactly stealthy. I single out beam spammers and try to take them out first. Thats how I know you were in the back lol.

I wouldnt say DC is everywhere but we have stopped farming Sej 24/7 and alot of the inner alliance fighting seems to have subsided.
    Edited by The_Duke on March 17, 2017 2:28PM
    The Duke

Stamplar

Guild leader of The Dukes. PS4
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    8.15.jpg
    long story short - DC started off whooping butt all over the place...fast forward 2 weeks and AD is up by over 4k points with about a week or less to go...

yeah, won't make this mistake again...
    49275525.jpg
  • Maff
    Maff
    ✭✭✭
    This is all your fault @geonsocal ;)
  • Takes-No-Prisoner
    Takes-No-Prisoner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maff wrote: »

• geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maff wrote: »

hahahahahahahaha...oh man, once AD started turning the map yellow i was feeling pretty stupid about this thread:
    idiot_wanted_967265.jpg

some of you who know me a bit, know that i'm generally off doing my own thing in my own little world in scourge :p

but, it does bother me a bit to hear people whom i do like feeling bad cuz the map is so outbalanced...I'd like for everyone to be having as much fun as myself...

truth be told - i'm pulling for EP a great deal to start coming up in the alliance race...DC had there time in the sun for many months, and, now AD has tasted victory for the last 3 or 4 campaigns i think...time for the pact to have their turn...

it's going to take some very charismatic and driven folks within the EP ranks to turn the tide in scourge...i'll be more than happy to fight with them (and then against them - ooops :#)...

Edited by geonsocal on April 6, 2017 8:12PM
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Until the day the three to four major EP guilds start working together we can forget about it.
  • Takes-No-Prisoner
    Takes-No-Prisoner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Until the day the three to four major EP guilds start working together we can forget about it.

They really need to work together. I wouldn't cry big elephant tears over campaign imbalace if they did that. We need EP presence to keep the map interesting. Without them it becomes very very one sided.

How can they not be in agreement on the campaigns health? With the 30 day flipping this Saturday, I expect to see them show up in force on a weekend.
    Edited by Takes-No-Prisoner on April 7, 2017 2:10PM
  • PhxOldGamer68
    PhxOldGamer68
    ✭✭✭✭
    When EP's old guilds are playing NA afternoon and evening, the map can turn red even with 2 bars while AD and DC are 3 bars. EP doesn't have enough coverage NA afterhours. EP are gone 2-6am PT NA. All that effort gone in a few hours. Sad, but it's reality even when Azura was the place and Scourge was empty.
    PSN NA/EU: DesertDweller99
    PC NA: KaktusKing