Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

SURVEY MAPS DOES NOT DROP Furnishing crafting materials.

Nijey
Nijey
✭✭✭
@ZOS_GinaBruno

Hi Dear Gina,

Can you answer me please why material taken from SURVEY MAPS, does not drop furnishing crafting materials?

Never dropped a single Heartwood, Mundus rune or another from site survey....

And why the rewards give me low level material and not the same level of crafting writs? Can you give us RAW material instead?

Thanks.

Bye.
Nijey
ALL MY FURNISHING STORE, WATCH IT!!
http://tinyurl.com/NijeyStore

PROUD TO BE AEDRA'S COVE MEMBER.
Youtube: Aedra's Channel
Aedra's CoveR - SoundCloud - Epic Songs by Aedra's Bard
  • STEVIL
    STEVIL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Nijey wrote: »
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

Hi Dear Gina,

Can you answer me please why material taken from SURVEY MAPS, does not drop furnishing crafting materials?

Never dropped a single Heartwood, Mundus rune or another from site survey....

And why the rewards give me low level material and not the same level of crafting writs? Can you give us RAW material instead?

Thanks.

Bye.
    Nijey

not Gina but...

Survey nodes are like typical harvest nodes in that they vary 50/50 based on the character level and the tier-level of the crafting skill passives. Since i always give mine to my top-level and top-tier crafters to harvest, I do not know if this is by node (so could split in a single six node survey) or by survey.

As for furnishing mats, in playtest iirc only one of the survey types dropped furnishing mats and this was identified as a bug and noted in the patch notes to have been changed to be in line with all nodes in that none of them drop the mats.

So, the "why" someone might be getting lower tier mats in surveys is it scales with their skills and levels and the "why" someone might be not getting any furnishing mats in surveys is "that was intended."

But if your question is more of a philosophical design "why did they want it this way" thats obviously best left to them.

For how i see it...

I know for me (even though i had hundreds of surveys on hand when homestead hit) i was just fine with not having them rain furnishing mats down on me and give me a massive headstart over others.

because of the "not in surveys" intention, we *all* started at an even level as far as mats for furnishings and that seemed Ok to me. i still had a solid edge over many in terms of other mats on hand and number of crafters. i did not need a windfall from surveys stored to push me even further down the road.

I think if they had gone the other route - divided the current drop rates into less from std nodes but some from survey nodes for the same net flow of f-mats - that would have hurt more folks than it helped and i dont need more folks hurt to give me a bigger homestead windfall than i got and am getting.

Proudly skooma free while talks-when-drunk is in mandatory public housing.
    YFMV Your Fun May Vary.

First Law of Nerf-o-Dynamics
    "The good way I used to get good kills *with good skill* was good but the way others kill me now is bad."

• Nijey
    Nijey
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks Stevil,

for the rewards I intended the Container found in the chest when you finish the crafting writs, not the node.

PS: I was master crafter, all traits almost all motif. =)

A lot of furnishing items:
    NijeyStore

thank's.
    Bye
    Edited by Nijey on March 16, 2017 9:25AM

• LadyDestiny
    LadyDestiny
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not even getting survey maps. They seemed to have dried up along with the master writs and high quality items.
  • Nijey
    Nijey
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not even getting survey maps. They seemed to have dried up along with the master writs and high quality items.

they Drop, sure, I get min 2 every day from some my chars with master crafting. ;)

• STEVIL
    STEVIL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

they Drop, sure, I get min 2 every day from some my chars with master crafting. ;)

still dropping at ~1/10 for both my tier-10 and my tier-1.

no change in a long long while.
    YFMV Your Fun May Vary.

"The good way I used to get good kills *with good skill* was good but the way others kill me now is bad."

• Reivax
    Reivax
    ✭✭✭✭
    STEVIL wrote: »

Survey nodes are like typical harvest nodes in that they vary 50/50 based on the character level and the tier-level of the crafting skill passives. Since i always give mine to my top-level and top-tier crafters to harvest, I do not know if this is by node (so could split in a single six node survey) or by survey.

The nodes within a survey can be mixed, I have a woodworking passive 4, cp300+ character that had a woodworking survey yesterday and half were ruby ash, half were beech.

Edited by Reivax on March 16, 2017 4:27PM
  • ninti
    ninti
    ✭✭

Before Homestead, they were dropping at about 14-15%. Since homestead they have been dropping at slightly over 9% for me. This is with 100 of writs of data. There has absolutely been a decrease.

• Nijey
    Nijey
    ✭✭✭
    The decrease is because now droppe or Survey Maps, or Material Low Levels. not Both. If drop Material does not drop maps.

• STEVIL
    STEVIL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    ninti wrote: »

Before Homestead, they were dropping at about 14-15%. Since homestead they have been dropping at slightly over 9% for me. This is with 100 of writs of data. There has absolutely been a decrease.

Well maybe for you - but i have been running tons of writs daily for long before homestead and its been solid at 10%ish for as long as i can recall - ever since they did the reduce percentage and double yield - was that 1T? maybe, dont recall.

No noticable decrease for homestead.
    YFMV Your Fun May Vary.

• STEVIL
    STEVIL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The decrease is because now droppe or Survey Maps, or Material Low Levels. not Both. If drop Material does not drop maps.

That change went in with 1T or before - at the same time they doubled the survey yields.

YFMV Your Fun May Vary.

• ninti
    ninti
    ✭✭

Yeah, that was during 1T. Back then, the rates of surveys dropping were about 30% for level 10 writs, the same as the rates for tempers. When 1T dropped, they halved the survey drop rates and (supposedly) doubled the amount of mats you got from each survey. While they did halve the survey drop rate from 30% to 15%, the amount of mats you got from each survey only went by 75%. ZOS math, whatever. It remained that way for a while, but appears to now have gone done to around 10% following the homestead patch.

I know Stevil disagrees with me, but I have over 2000 writs of data in a spreadsheet over the past year to back up my numbers. I am fairly certain Homestead has dropped the writ rate. Why, I couldn't tell you.
  • GilGalad
    GilGalad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Back on topic:
    It is working as intended that surveys don't drop furniture material. They removed them during the PTS phase, but never gave a reason why.

Concerning the materials: the containers are meant as a supply for low level mats since you are not able to farm them as a master crafter. You will still get raw material from surveys, and most of your legendary upgrade mats come directly from the reward bags anyways.
    Animals Unchained | PC EU
    Homestead Theorycrafting
    Math of RNG
  • STEVIL
    STEVIL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Yeah, that was during 1T. Back then, the rates of surveys dropping were about 30% for level 10 writs, the same as the rates for tempers. When 1T dropped, they halved the survey drop rates and (supposedly) doubled the amount of mats you got from each survey. While they did halve the survey drop rate from 30% to 15%, the amount of mats you got from each survey only went by 75%. ZOS math, whatever. It remained that way for a while, but appears to now have gone done to around 10% following the homestead patch.

I know Stevil disagrees with me, but I have over 2000 writs of data in a spreadsheet over the past year to back up my numbers. I am fairly certain Homestead has dropped the writ rate. Why, I couldn't tell you.

2000 writs in over one year - less than six a day.

impressive.

i run 60 a day now (36 tier-10 and 24 tier-1 avg time is under 90s each not counting character load itself) ... up from around 40-50 a day from before 1T though they have shifted to a few more tier-10s. That gives me over 1900 just since homestead.

I have seen no drop since homestead in comparison to 1T.

You have.

Ok.

go figure.

Edited by STEVIL on March 16, 2017 11:54PM
    YFMV Your Fun May Vary.

• Soleya
    Soleya
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm not getting any either for wood, clothing, blacksmithing. 0 of them since homestead. Before I was getting a few per week. Enough that the refining was enough materials to keep doing writs.

I ran out of rubedite and ruby ash today and nearly out of ancestor silk, so the writs aren't self sustaining anymore for me.

On a side note, I don't know why ancestor silk is used for 80% of the clothing writs. I have 4k Rubedo Leather , and 100 ancestor silk now.

I should add, I ONLY do tier 10 writs. The people still seeing them are you getting them from Tier 1 to 9 writs?
    Edited by Soleya on March 17, 2017 2:41AM
  • Nijey
    Nijey
    ✭✭✭
    How many Master Writs got you? Sell one of them and buy thousands of Ancestor Silk. Now the cost of materials are very ridicolous. ;)

• Nijey
    Nijey
    ✭✭✭
    UPDATE 2.6.2
    Survey Reports
    Survey Reports now drop half as often from Crafting Writs, but rich nodes at survey sites now provide twice as many materials as they did previously. This should result in roughly the same amount of materials from Survey Reports overall, but each individual report is now more lucrative.

• ninti
    ninti
    ✭✭
    i run 60 a day now (36 tier-10 and 24 tier-1 avg time is under 90s each not counting character load itself) ... up from around 40-50 a day from before 1T though they have shifted to a few more tier-10s. That gives me over 1900 just since homestead.

I have seen no drop since homestead in comparison to 1T.

That is impressive. And you have kept records of all of your drops as well?

So I am just talking about equipment writs. I didn't bother keeping records of the other 3 before Homestead. I am currently doing all level 10 writs on all 8 characters, but before homestead I was only doing it in 5 characters, so you probably do have more data than I if you were doing level 10 writs then and kept it. What drop rate did you get on level 10 equipment writs before 1T halved the drop rate?
  • Stopnaggin
    Stopnaggin
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't know about the 75% number and haven't kept track, but the yields seem about the same as before. I get between 20 to 35 on most and sometimes 45 from an individual node. Also no data but surveys "seem" to drop less now.
  • f047ys3v3n
    f047ys3v3n
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I, like most of you, do not understand why these "lush", etc. survey nodes have been left unable to yield the new housing mats. What exactly is "lush" about a node that cannot give me anything that I want. I did a few surveys after housing launch and quickly realized this. I have not done one since. I am not sure why ZOS thinks that I would have interest in spending my time going and picking up nodes full of materials that I really do not need when the old fashion basic nodes can give me good stuff.

At some point I will go around and pick up the alchemy surveys as that stuff is actually good but I doubt I will ever pick up any of the others. They are currently clogging up my bank. I will probably just delete them all at some point.

Do you think you could just stop giving us these surveys ZOS? Right now they just seem to look at me and demand I do something because clearly they are great but I know they are not so I don't do them. I still have trouble just deleting them though because maybe your realize they are trash and fix them. All it is giving me is irritation. I can't even list the things for sale. End them or put the new mats in so I do them, quit irritating me and filling up my bank.
    I am mostly pleased with the current state of ESO. Please do continue to ban cheaters though and you guys have to find out who is duping gold and how because the economy is currently non-functional.
  • Nijey
    Nijey
    ✭✭✭
    f047ys3v3n wrote: »
    I, like most of you, do not understand why these "lush", etc. survey nodes have been left unable to yield the new housing mats. What... bla bla bla...[/b]

I bought ESO PLUS so all materials goes into a special BAG.

Or you can create Magazine's PG as all those did not Eso Plus.

Bye.
    Edited by Nijey on March 30, 2017 9:13AM