The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Worst open world class [HomeStead]

zuto40
zuto40
✭✭✭✭✭
Whats the worst in SOLO/SMALL MAN open world PvP currently
Edited by zuto40 on March 12, 2017 2:59AM
Stamblade- Legate
Tank/Heals Templar- Sergeant
Magic DK- Corporal
Stam DK- Sergeant
Stamplar- Corporal

YouTube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCy8uqORxhlrMh8oz2230s9g

Worst open world class [HomeStead] 210 votes

Magplar
10%
Solarikenjosh.lackey_ESOSemparsJsmallsNellzermertustaSolaryonIdinuseLittleBlackDuckDevilcryEirellaFirerock2isekoCatchMeTrollingSneaKParaflexCyrusAryacrusnik91BurritoESOUppGRAYxDD 22 votes
Stamplar
4%
LawfulEvileserras7b16_ESOjarrandub17_ESOolsborgNiclasFridholmDinOwnedWaffennachtkuro-donoDeviousCatValyr 10 votes
Stam dk
7%
Philhypemelloni_aleb16_ESOAnath_Qrosendoichinoveb17_ESOWingDurhamLorDrekSarruStrider_RoshinMoglijuanaimdoinkAnti_Viruslordmuro123Militan1404Vapirkoklowdy1 16 votes
Mdk
10%
KayshaVoryn_DagothZoM_HeadRinaldoGandolphiShareeCastanamereDraxysToRelaxloki547IyasMayraelDerraKoreanAwtamaticNBrookusJjitsuboy98D0ntevenL1ftAeremHutch679DionysusSpeed_Kills 21 votes
Stamblade
20%
SirAndynavystylz_ESOGilvothDeadlyRecluseRainingbloodgresiacGrim13rimmidimdimHurikasilky_softDHaleSmoltShadow-FighterLifecode666DamianosKatahdinbudrowCalboyGabe.godbeLexxypwns 44 votes
Mageblade
41%
JimmyFarkansas_ESOColoursYouHaveMojmiralexj4596b14_ESOkaithuzarpjwb16_ESOThrabenIruil_ESOElara_NorthwindKhenzyKnootewootLord_ShoneEdTerrasollAoshyRajajshkacopitoSheeyBazeric 87 votes
Stam sorc
1%
derekdew339_ESOTorbschkaPallioBobBarnsen69 4 votes
Mag sorc
2%
FearlessOne_2014IsbilenLuminaLillyBeardimusFloppyTouchhassubhai 6 votes
  • hmsdragonfly
    hmsdragonfly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can't really think of any class that performs poorly in PvP right now. Maybe magblade, but magblade just has high skill floor, there are a couple of builds that are amazing for magblades.
    Aldmeri Dominion Loyalist. For the Queen!
  • danno8
    danno8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hmmm

I would have to say a tie between mDK and Magplar specifically for open world solo. Both can build for great survivability, but the bottom line is once there are more than 2 other guys (competent players), there is just no way to escape.

All stamina classes can build for getting away, and mSorc and Magblade have built in escapes as well, even though they are certainly not 100% effective.

However, both are very strong in small scale, so I don't equate solo and small scale at all.
  • Anti_Virus
    Anti_Virus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stam dk
    Stam DK especially since they have no good class skill options which some are forced to run proc sets.
    Power Wealth And Influence.
  • arkansas_ESO
    arkansas_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mageblade
    This is the part where everybody votes for the class they play the most, lol

Grand Overlord 25/8/17
  • SpiderCultist
    SpiderCultist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mageblade
    Can't really think of any class that performs poorly in PvP right now. Maybe magblade, but magblade just has high skill floor, there are a couple of builds that are amazing for magblades.

Could you please illustrate me? Because since I came back 3 weeks ago (given the Morrowind hype) I've spent like 1 million gold testing new builds and putting aside duels and SnB/HA builds my life drops in a second and cannot even counter attack.

That being said, I'm leveling a DK since I have no hopes for mNBs on the battlegrounds, but if you know some decent build for mNBs in open world I'd like to know, thanks.
    PC | EU
    Ashlander and Mephala worshipper.
    "You are just another breed of domestic animal, grazing stupidly while higher beings plot your slaughter."
  • hmsdragonfly
    hmsdragonfly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    cullblade wrote: »

Could you please illustrate me? Because since I came back 3 weeks ago (given the Morrowind hype) I've spent like 1 million gold testing new builds and putting aside duels and SnB/HA builds my life drops in a second and cannot even counter attack.

That being said, I'm leveling a DK since I have no hopes for mNBs on the battlegrounds, but if you know some decent build for mNBs in open world I'd like to know, thanks.

1) The most effective is gank build: Stygian inferno front bar, alchemist restro back bar. Then gank the world.
    2) Sap tank build: Tava/Shalk/Kagrenac + Desert Rose/Bloodthorn/Lich.
    3) Regular DPS build: look for KenaPKK on youtube, but be advised it requires a lot of skills to be good at magblade.
    Aldmeri Dominion Loyalist. For the Queen!
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mdk
    Solo?
    mDK or magplar.

Small group (<6)?
    mDK and magplar are good support. Stamblades and magblades are probably the square pegs here.
  • Strider_Roshin
    Strider_Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Stam dk
    This is the part where everybody votes for the class they play the most, lol

If you're bias yeah. I disagree with magDK being bad for solo PvP, but stamDKs on the other hand are far better 1v1 than they are 1vX. I think magDKs are very powerful solo.
  • Strider_Roshin
    Strider_Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Stam dk
    Anti_Virus wrote: »
    Stam DK especially since they have no good class skill options which some are forced to run proc sets.

Yeah they really need to make uppercut have an instant cast morph, otherwise the stamDK will just keep feeling slow and cheesey with the proc sets.
    Edited by Strider_Roshin on March 13, 2017 1:05AM
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Stamblade
    cullblade wrote: »

5 Alchemist (4 heavy armor+resto staff)
    2 Skoria/Bloodspawn(heavy helm, medium shoulders)
    5 Spinners/necro(Jewels, belt or gloves and sharpened inferno)

That's a 5-1-1 Heavy armor setup
  • FearlessOne_2014
    FearlessOne_2014
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mag sorc
    MagSorc so underpowered atm. I think mSorc needs even more pet and class damage and defensive buffs. Those nasy mDKs, and stamblades keep touching me in places I never knew I had till now. :fearful:
  • thankyourat
    thankyourat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mageblade
    For solo play it's probably magblade. The fact that it's the squishiest class while at the same time not having any snare or root immunity is a death trap in this tank and root meta.

For small group play it's either stam dk or stamblade. They just don't really bring any utility to the group.
  • Yubarius
    Yubarius
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mageblade
    The problem with mageblade is they have no way to deal with the excessive snares and immobilizes in this game (MagDK suffer from this as well) A templar can purge, sorcerer can streak away, and any stam build can easily run shuffle. If magblade had some way to remove snares then I think they would be performing a large margin better. This isn't the only issue, but it's the one i've found to be the most annoying.
    • Yubarius - Magicka NB - Flawless Conqueror
    • YubariusX - Magicka Warden - Flawless Conqueror
    • Lord Yubarius - Stamina Sorc - Stormproof - Centurion
    • 'Rubick the Grand Magus - Magicka Sorc
    • Fair Child Tank - Stamina DK
    • Jaruko - Magicka Templar
    • Selthyn Bavailo - Mag DK
    • Bandit-The-Great - Stam Temp

• Kay1
    Kay1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stamblade
    Stamblade, magblade and magsorc for solo.

Then I will say StamDk for group pvp, they are pretty bad at it, but it's one of my favorite class to 1vX just like MagSorc.
    K1 The Big Monkey
  • DannyLV702
    DannyLV702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Stamblade
    Anti_Virus wrote: »

This isn't so completely wrong. I can 1vX on my stamDK where I struggle to do so with my stamblade and magic sorc being my mains. All stam DK needs is a SnB and it's god mode
  • Kidz_BeAstx
    Kidz_BeAstx
    ✭✭
    Mdk
    For solo play it's probably magblade. The fact that it's the squishiest class while at the same time not having any snare or root immunity is a death trap in this tank and root meta.

For small group play it's either stam dk or stamblade. They just don't really bring any utility to the group.

Hey guess what... It's called purge and the cloak.
  • Kidz_BeAstx
    Kidz_BeAstx
    ✭✭
    Mdk
    I'd have to say MagDK just because they're damage is garbage in open world. They do not make good 1vxers, my friend plays stamina dragonknight and I keep telling him that MagDK is not good open world but he always has to say "Oh but Deltias said this, or SypherPk said that", I made him a build for his stamdk, he is poor as hell, this build is successful, then guess what he does? He switches builds 4 times in one week which really pisses me off because the one that I told him to wear was working, and also because he is always begging me for materials. I'm getting kind of tired of it.
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Mageblade
    I'd have to say MagDK just because they're damage is garbage in open world. They do not make good 1vxers, my friend plays stamina dragonknight and I keep telling him that MagDK is not good open world but he always has to say "Oh but Deltias said this, or SypherPk said that", I made him a build for his stamdk, he is poor as hell, this build is successful, then guess what he does? He switches builds 4 times in one week which really pisses me off because the one that I told him to wear was working, and also because he is always begging me for materials. I'm getting kind of tired of it.

Do we even play the same game?

MDK is solid open world. Sure, they can't 1vX most of the time, because of regen issues, but trhey give a hell of a fight in any 1v1 case.
    Sarcasm is something too serious to be taken lightly

I was born with the wrong sign
    In the wrong house
    With the wrong ascendancy
    I took the wrong road
    That led to the wrong tendencies
    I was in the wrong place at the wrong time
    For the wrong reason and the wrong rhyme
    On the wrong day of the wrong week
    Used the wrong method with the wrong technique
  • CyrusArya
    CyrusArya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Magplar
    I would have to say magicka templar. If your idea of solo play is running around staying alive and not killing anything, magplar is great. And yes, it can wreck bad players just like any class can. But the critical difference between magicka templar and other classes is that the meta builds for magplar require you to be either offensive or defensive but cant be both at the same time. In contrast, classes that can shield (magicka sorc/nightblade) or have potent HoTs (stamina builds, magicka NB) can be offensive while having active defenses up. The other blocking spec, magicka DK, has far better options for crowd control and also offensive skills with incredible heals in burning embers and inhale.

For this reason, I find every other class to be far, far more effective in solo play and actually killing stuff. Magplar just feels clunky and disjointed.

Also, lol @ the people saying stam dk is bad. Stam DK has always been and still is one of the best classes for PvP all around. Incredible tankiness, dynamic mechanics for actively sustaining resources, and one of the best burst ultimates ever. Anyone who says stam dk is bad never learned how to play the class right.
    A R Y A
    -Atmosphere
    -Ary'a
    Czarya
    The K-Hole ~ Phałanx
    My PvP Videos
  • iseko
    iseko
    ✭✭✭✭
    Magplar
    Solo: magplar. Ironically, in 2vX the magplar becomes essential almost. Magplar + magDK can be beastly.

Small scale: every class has strengths and weaknesses. In groups their strengths will shine and their weaknesses overcome by companions. Magblade cloaking/bursting and fearing in smalscale is terrible to try and counter.
    Edited by iseko on March 13, 2017 5:43PM
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mageblade
    LOL at ppl picking Stamina classes. Very clear choice atm.
  • Nellzer
    Nellzer
    ✭✭✭
    Magplar
    Vaoh wrote: »

Well, to be fair mSorcs are far and away the strongest right now. But other than that, you're right, stamina is still pretty dominant.
  • Strider_Roshin
    Strider_Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Stam dk

MagDK > stamDK in every aspect
  • LeifErickson
    LeifErickson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mageblade

Sorry but what? Stam dk is one of the best classes in the game.
  • Strider_Roshin
    Strider_Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Stam dk
    Vaoh wrote: »

Magicka is easy mode in comparison to stamina. The only exception is magblade, but Nightblades in general require more skill to use unless you gank.
  • Strider_Roshin
    Strider_Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Stam dk

They're pretty solid, but their magicka counterpart is superior.
    Edited by Strider_Roshin on March 13, 2017 7:26PM
  • Anti_Virus
    Anti_Virus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stam dk

Nah not at all not based on its own kit, if you run Tremorscale/Viper etc it doen't even compete with stam sorc.

Those are sets that any class can run and do way better.
    Edited by Anti_Virus on March 14, 2017 2:00AM
    Power Wealth And Influence.
  • Nellzer
    Nellzer
    ✭✭✭
    Magplar

Sometimes I wonder if we're all playing the same game.

Open world, by definition, implies you're rarely/never fighting 1v1, almost always 1vX or small group.

1vX, stamDK is worlds better than mDK, like...not even remotely close. Even 1v1 is close, but stamDK imo is superior here as well.

mDKs are very strong in small groups, but probably marginally ahead of stamDK.

mDKs got a nice buff but overall they're still just 'meh.' Very little burst and any decent player will proactively heal through all of your DoT damage.
    Edited by Nellzer on March 13, 2017 11:38PM
  • Strider_Roshin
    Strider_Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Stam dk
    Nellzer wrote: »

Open world, by definition, implies you're rarely/never fighting 1v1, almost always 1vX or small group.

1vX, stamDK is worlds better than mDK, like...not even remotely close. Even 1v1 is close, but stamDK imo is superior here as well.

mDKs got a nice buff but overall they're still just 'meh.' Very little burst and any decent player will proactively heal through all of your DoT damage.

So you think a tanking proc set stamDK is more effective at 1vX than a tanky Destro Ult + Enhale + Talons spamming magDK? Yeah there's a world of a difference alright, and it's in the magDKs favor.
  • Nellzer
    Nellzer
    ✭✭✭
    Magplar
    Nellzer wrote: »

So you think a tanking proc set stamDK is more effective at 1vX than a tanky Destro Ult + Enhale + Talons spamming magDK? Yeah there's a world of a difference alright, and it's in the magDKs favor.

mDKs have no mobility and for just about any class it's extremely easy to get out of destro ult range. They also have terrible resource management with very little burst outside of destro ult. Once that's done, most classes easily heal through dots and run you out of resources very quickly.

Yes, a tanky stamDK with dawnbreaker up every 15 seconds (bloodspawn) pulling great burst is WAY scarier than an mDK.