The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Worst open world class [HomeStead]

• Anti_Virus
    Anti_Virus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stam dk
    @Edziu

Stam DK is good but its still lacking identity and its still incomplete atm IMO.

With the exception of NBs Templars and Sorcs Stam wise can do what a dk can do but better because their class passives and skills synergies better in melee combat and tankiness. I for one Absolutely hate using proc sets and monster set cheese to deal dmg because my class kit is all about utility and tanking with no damage since Zos decided to make DK the dedicated tank class.
    Power Wealth And Influence.
  • LeifErickson
    LeifErickson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mageblade
    This thread is a prime example of why Zos shouldn't read the forums.
  • Edziu
    Edziu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mageblade
    @Anti_Virus and here I will agree about stam dk and proc sets...without proc sets stam dk is very lacking with damage abilities on pvp, only way is or wreck blow or maybe heroic slash and not to good rapid strikes on pvp, stam dk is very tankly but at all cant built to deal damage without proc sets but as for today thanks *** proc sets stam dk while is tankly is dealing also good damage at once because of just proc sets and stam dk burst damage problem without them in medium armor
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What magicka class is actually good to roam open world alone outside of sorc? I mean; magblade seems the weakest in a fight but moving about and escaping is at least a thing. Magplar and mag DK are strong in a fight but are more succeptible to being spotted and zerged down. Seems sorc is the only one both strong in a fight and having the tools to get away.
  • Firerock2
    Firerock2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Magplar
    Lol people are actually picking stamina NB?
  • zuto40
    zuto40
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stamblade
    Firerock2 wrote: »

funny, i said the same thing about stam dk and stam sorc
    Stamblade- Legate
    Tank/Heals Templar- Sergeant
    Magic DK- Corporal
    Stam DK- Sergeant
    Stamplar- Corporal

YouTube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCy8uqORxhlrMh8oz2230s9g
  • Firerock2
    Firerock2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Magplar
    zuto40 wrote: »

No Stam class should even be on the list
    Edited by Firerock2 on March 20, 2017 12:35AM
  • Nellzer
    Nellzer
    ✭✭✭
    Magplar

Really anyone in this poll that picked anything other than magplar or magblade is delusional or biased based on their own class.
  • Anti_Virus
    Anti_Virus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stam dk
    Nellzer wrote: »

Really anyone in this poll that picked anything other than magplar or magblade is delusional or biased based on their own class.

This statement in its self is biased, the point of a poll like this is simply opinions. If you have a problem with someone having a different opinion than you than you need to check yourself.
  • Nellzer
    Nellzer
    ✭✭✭
    Magplar
    Anti_Virus wrote: »

This statement in its self is biased, the point of a poll like this is simply opinions. If you have a problem with someone having a different opinion than you than you need to check yourself.

What? The poll asks for the worst open world class/build. That has nothing to do with opinion, nothing.

It's a fact that every single stam build in this game is better than a magplar or magblade. You simply cannot refute that, or like I said, you're delusional.
  • CatchMeTrolling
    CatchMeTrolling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Magplar
    technohic wrote: »
    What magicka class is actually good to roam open world alone outside of sorc? I mean; magblade seems the weakest in a fight but moving about and escaping is at least a thing. Magplar and mag DK are strong in a fight but are more succeptible to being spotted and zerged down. Seems sorc is the only one both strong in a fight and having the tools to get away.

Yeah this what I mean escaping and mobility is a big part of solo play not just getting a kill or two just to get zerged down afterwards. If 10 guys are coming at me on magplar gg because I realistically can't escape that.

Have to be able to reposition yourself so you don't end up playing horse simulator lol and that's what will happen if you try to solo between two different alliances on a class like magplar.
    Edited by CatchMeTrolling on March 20, 2017 1:46AM
  • Firerock2
    Firerock2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Magplar

What? The poll asks for the worst open world class/build. That has nothing to do with opinion, nothing.

It's a fact that every single stam build in this game is better than a magplar or magblade. You simply cannot refute that, or like I said, you're delusional.

While I agree with you that stam classes are all generally doing well, and that people who think they aren't are kind of dumb. You really aren't helping validate your statements by saying anyone that disagrees with you is wrong. Bring numbers and facts into it to prove your point, don't just state that it is indisputable.
  • Nellzer
    Nellzer
    ✭✭✭
    Magplar

While I agree with you that stam classes are all generally doing well, and that people who think they aren't are kind of dumb. You really aren't helping validate your statements by saying anyone that disagrees with you is wrong. Bring numbers and facts into it to prove your point, don't just state that it is indisputable.

I never said anyone that disagrees with me is wrong, but it's a fact that magplar and magblade are the worst classes for open world pvp. Open world means you need a kit that includes mobility, burst damage, healing, sustain and some type of mitigation, whether it be tankiness or avoidance. Neither magblade or magplar has a kit with all of these factors.

Stam DK, for example, while being middle of the road on the stamina classes, has all of these pieces making it a strong open world class. It's not a matter of opinion. It's a state of each and every class.
    Edited by Nellzer on March 20, 2017 1:47AM
  • Anti_Virus
    Anti_Virus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stam dk

This is once again opinion not fact, Just because you dis like stam builds doesn't mean its better than mag builds.

In your opinion it is and thats fine you are entitled to it but its not a fact. I too could say mag builds are better than stam builds but its not a fact either and nor do I think that IMO. This poll and 95% of discussions on the forms are just opinions by people that wish to shove their ideals down other people's throats and claim it as facts.
    Edited by Anti_Virus on March 20, 2017 1:10PM
  • Firerock2
    Firerock2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Magplar
    You simply cannot refute that, or like I said, you're delusional.

In other words if someone disagrees with what you said then they are in fact deluded or wrong.

I never said anyone that disagrees with me is wrong

trump-mouth-saying-wrong-closeup.jpg

Just because you didn't say the word "me" and instead framed it so people disagree with a "fact" that you support doesn't change the meaning of what you said.
    Edited by Firerock2 on March 20, 2017 2:15AM
  • Firerock2
    Firerock2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Magplar

This is once again opinion not fact, Just because you dis like stam builds doesn't mean its better than mag builds.

In your opinion it is and thats fine you are entitled to it but its not a fact. I too could say mag builds are better than stam builds but its not a fact either and nor do I think that IMO. This poll and 95% of discussions on the forms are just opinions by people that wish to shove their ideala down other people's throats and claim it as facts.

Let's be real here though Virus,

Stam DK's are incredibly tanky, have great sustain, good heals, can output decent damage, and have one incredibly powerful ultimate. How can you possibly think that Stam DK's are the worst solo class? They have access to amazing CC as well. Tell me where they are lacking. AOE damage? One class shouldn't be able to do everything.

Class identity? Stam DK's are the tankiest of all stam classes. You get 5% stam back by using an earthen heart skill which is great because you can buff yourself with major mending and get stam back. Their passives work wonders for sustaining block and heals AND they have Corrosive armor which is incredibly powerful. Battle Roar makes that ult even better. I would trade that ult for any Templar ult in a heartbeat.
    Edited by Firerock2 on March 20, 2017 2:38AM
  • Nellzer
    Nellzer
    ✭✭✭
    Magplar

In other words if someone disagrees with what you said then they are in fact deluded or wrong.

Again, it has nothing to do with refuting my opinion, it has to do with balance of the game.

Sure, you can debate whether a stamplar or stam DK is better in open world, or stamblade/stam DK, or magblade/magplar, etc. etc. Builds that closely overlap can easily be compared and debated based on opinion.

But there are clear leaders and draggers in the current state of the game. Virus has stated time and time again how far ahead stam sorcs are than every other stam class. This is true, and it's a fact based on their kit, no other stam class has the damage/utility/mobility/sustain that a stam sorc has. Those are factual pieces of the game that separate the build from every other stam build that exists.

Apply the same logic to worst overall and you can't come to any logical conclusion other than magplar or magblade. Stam DK being worse off in open world than a *** magblade? Are you high?
  • Firerock2
    Firerock2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Magplar

Again, it has nothing to do with refuting my opinion, it has to do with balance of the game.

Sure, you can debate whether a stamplar or stam DK is better in open world, or stamblade/stam DK, or magblade/magplar, etc. etc. Builds that closely overlap can easily be compared and debated based on opinion.

But there are clear leaders and draggers in the current state of the game. Virus has stated time and time again how far ahead stam sorcs are than every other stam class. This is true, and it's a fact based on their kit, no other stam class has the damage/utility/mobility/sustain that a stam sorc has. Those are factual pieces of the game that separate the build from every other stam build that exists.

Apply the same logic to worst overall and you can't come to any logical conclusion other than magplar or magblade. Stam DK being worse off in open world than a *** magblade? Are you high?

Going onto a thread on the forums and stating that X is fact, does not get us anywhere. I totally agree that these people are very very delusional if they believe that stam is worse off than mag but you have to actually have a discussion if you want to get anywhere. Going onto the forums and just saying, "you're all wrong, X is fact" is completely asinine!

My point is not about whether you are right or wrong, it's the fact that you're "arguing" your point in the worst way possible.
    Edited by Firerock2 on March 20, 2017 2:40AM
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    After reading this thread, it's a wonder why half of you bother playing your mains if they suck so bad.

I think all 8 specs, given a skilled player, can open world decently enough, albeit some are easier than others and some require dipping into non class stuff (mag specs need vamp).

I'm not sure there is a "worst," although I think the magicka specs outside of sorcerer can run run into trouble because they do not have easy access to burst damage.

I do think both sorc varieties are probably the best.
  • Nellzer
    Nellzer
    ✭✭✭
    Magplar

Going onto a thread on the forums and stating that X is fact, does not get us anywhere. I totally agree that these people are very very delusional if they believe that stam is worse off than mag but you have to actually have a discussion if you want to get anywhere. Going onto the forums and just saying, "you're all wrong, X is fact" is completely asinine!

My point is not about whether you are right or wrong, it's the fact that you're "arguing" your point in the worst way possible.

How about this. Let's talk about the game of chess. Can I definitely state as a fact that the Queen game piece is a stronger piece than a pawn? I think we can all agree that we can.

How is definitively stating a build in ESO is factually stronger than another any different? Analyze what each brings to the table in an open world situation. A stam sorc has infinite mobility, infinite sustain, incredible sustained and burst damage, and is incredibly tanky. Compare that to a magblade or magplar and explain to me where opinion comes into play at all when deciding which is a stronger build for a certain scenario.

There is no comparison or opinion. One is better, period.
  • Firerock2
    Firerock2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Magplar

You didn't analyze anything in that post. You just went on to say everybody who disagrees is wrong, leaving no room for discussion. Why are you on these forums if you don't want a discussion?

>What class is the weakest guys?
    >>Magplar and you're all wrong if you disagree, what I say is law fact.

There's no real point in continuing this conversation since its irrelevant to the thread now, I'll stop replying after this

Edited by Firerock2 on March 20, 2017 7:21AM
  • utb99
    utb99
    ✭✭✭
    Mageblade
    Strongest to Weakest IMO
    1. Stamina Templar (Purify, Dawny, PotL, Rune)
    2. Stamina Sorcerer (Hurricane, Dawny, D. Deal)
    3. Magicka Sorcerer (Wards, Streak, Mines)
    4. Stamina Dragonknight (B. Roar, DoTs, Tanky)
    5. Stamina Nightblade (Cloak, Incap, SA)
    6. Magicka Dragonknight (DoTs, Talons, F. Leap)
    7. Magicka Templar (Purify, BoL, RD)
    8. Magicka Nightblade (Shade, Cripple, S. Teth)

4-6 are really close and could be rearranged
    7-8 need help
    Give Blazing Spear stun back to Magplars
    I don't play M. NB but they definitely need the most help in this game.
    'The gods can turn anything to good' -Martin Septim
  • dirklemonjellob14_ESO
    danno8 wrote: »
    Hmmm

I would have to say a tie between mDK and Magplar specifically for open world solo. Both can build for great survivability, but the bottom line is once there are more than 2 other guys (competent players), there is just no way to escape.

All stamina classes can build for getting away, and mSorc and Magblade have built in escapes as well, even though they are certainly not 100% effective.

However, both are very strong in small scale, so I don't equate solo and small scale at all.

lol this is how it should be!!!!

Zenimax has borked balance so bad in this game that players in this game think this way now. If they cant tank a group in pvp its "subpar".

This is Zenimax fault for pumping up certain survival aspects making every class have to be a tank but if you do agree to selling out your class and being like everyone else in cyrodiil that can tank 3 groups well you are unkillable.

WHY IS ANY CLASS ABLE TO DO THIS???
  • Nellzer
    Nellzer
    ✭✭✭
    Magplar

You didn't analyze anything in that post. You just went on to say everybody who disagrees is wrong, leaving no room for discussion. Why are you on these forums if you don't want a discussion?

>What class is the weakest guys?
    >>Magplar and you're all wrong if you disagree, what I say is law fact.

There's no real point in continuing this conversation since its irrelevant to the thread now, I'll stop replying after this

Eh, agree to disagree I guess. Not everything on this forum is here for a discussion. What if the OP is new, or someone new is going to use raw poll data to make a decision on what class to make?

They don't need people filling their head with the nonsense that a magplar or magblade is better than a stam DK. And just in case they do read through, I'd like them to know the people that voted in a way opposing the factual balance of the game are either trolling or too inexperienced/biased to trust.
  • zuto40
    zuto40
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stamblade
    utb99 wrote: »
    Strongest to Weakest IMO
    7. Stamblade (SA)

7-8 need help

Fixed stamblade for you, cloak still breaks on half the Single target abilities and Incap has 3 chances to be dodged, the odds all 3 effects actually hit is not large, and that's when it isn't outright dodged
    Stamblade- Legate
    Magic DK- Corporal
    Stam DK- Sergeant
    Stamplar- Corporal

• Nellzer
    Nellzer
    ✭✭✭
    Magplar
    Strongest to Weakest IMO
    7. Stamblade (SA)

7-8 need help

Fixed stamblade for you, cloak still breaks on half the Single target abilities and Incap has 3 chances to be dodged, the odds all 3 effects actually hit is not large, and that's when it isn't outright dodged

Here's a perfect example proving my point. This guy straight up agrees here that stamblades are not the worst, yet because he obviously plays one, is biased and selected it as his poll selection.
  • zuto40
    zuto40
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stamblade
    Strongest to Weakest IMO
    7. Stamblade (SA)

7-8 need help

Here's a perfect example proving my point. This guy straight up agrees here that stamblades are not the worst, yet because he obviously plays one, is biased and selected it as his poll selection.

Well I made the poll too, all nightblades need help just look at the total nightblade percentage, and I've played stamblade and mageblade I switch almost every patch so am I biased towards stamblade? Not really, am I biased towards all nightblades? Yes extremely
    Stamblade- Legate
    Magic DK- Corporal
    Stam DK- Sergeant
    Stamplar- Corporal

• technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It really depends on what you are talking about doing? 1vX or otherwise outnumbered heavily? Sure. Stamblade may not be up there and near the bottom. But just solo and small group picking your target? Right to the top!
  • Anti_Virus
    Anti_Virus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stam dk

In your opinion it is and thats fine you are entitled to it but its not a fact. I too could say mag builds are better than stam builds but its not a fact either and nor do I think that IMO. This poll and 95% of discussions on the forms are just opinions by people that wish to shove their ideala down other people's throats and claim it as facts.

Let's be real here though Virus,

Stam DK's are incredibly tanky, have great sustain, good heals, can output decent damage, and have one incredibly powerful ultimate. How can you possibly think that Stam DK's are the worst solo class? They have access to amazing CC as well. Tell me where they are lacking. AOE damage? One class shouldn't be able to do everything.

Class identity? Stam DK's are the tankiest of all stam classes. You get 5% stam back by using an earthen heart skill which is great because you can buff yourself with major mending and get stam back. Their passives work wonders for sustaining block and heals AND they have Corrosive armor which is incredibly powerful. Battle Roar makes that ult even better. I would trade that ult for any Templar ult in a heartbeat.

I definitely cannot deny that Sdk is the tankiest class in the game and they are great for the most part I just hate having to wear proc sets like tremorscale/ viper to get some real burst unlike my stamplar, I just wish sDK had more damage options than proc sets if they wish to be more damage focused and less tank focused like Zos makes them out to be.

Most of sDK damage options have a weapon solution something that all classes have access to. My stamplar has a cleanse, AoE+ single target, Major mending, block passives, and a burst skill Power of the light. Its way more fun to play than running a tremorscale black rose viper build spamming taunt.

But then again most people are biased and because they were killed by a cheese set up like that SDK is automatically OP without any evaluation. Because some sDK runs cheese I should be accused of doing the same thing because its viable?
    Edited by Anti_Virus on March 20, 2017 1:09PM
  • TheBonesXXX
    TheBonesXXX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mageblade
    Mageblade has it the roughest, the class is reliant on cloak working and the burst from stealth resets that cloak and shadow provides, mechanics that been glitchy for some time.