Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Adding Health

Lawsonham
Lawsonham
Soul Shriven
On my 3 attribute bars I have Magicka, Health and Stamina. On my Nord Templar (level 16) who is using melee/Bow I've been putting his attribute points into Stamina. On my High Elf Templar who uses staffs I've been putting the points into Magicka. I don't know if I should be adding health or not?

My High Elf Templar is level 23. He is using a staff. I have 24 points in Magicka, 2 points in Health, 2 Points in Stamina (I like to roll away from danger). I started him out with a Restoration Staff thinking I'd make a Healer. At level 15 I did a quest line (lifting the veil, I think) were I had to fight a caster and 2 melee guys. The 2 Melee guys just thumped me up badly (Bash & Uppercut, I think). I chain-died and had to leave.

I went to Dolmens and switched over to a Destruction Staff. After a day or two at Dolmens learning the Destruction Staff and gearing/leveling up I went back to those 3 guys that thumped me and defeated them (still cost me 2 Deaths). Now I have the Destruction Staff on my main Bar and Restoration Staff on secondary bar. Should I be dumping all my points into Magicka or should I put some into Health? How much Health? What types of characters should be adding Health?

(Note: I also made a Redguard DK who is currently level 6 and being used for storage. Eventually I would like him to tank with 1 hand & shield, and duel wield on his other bar. Is he going to need Health or do I just put everything into Stamina?)
  • paulsimonps
    paulsimonps
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    For PvE at the very least you don't want any points into HP at all, but rather all your points into whatever resource you use. You use Food and armors to give you any increased HP you need. That and the undaunted passives.