Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Japanese exclusive white cat pet

Faunter
Faunter
✭✭✭✭✭
UPDATE: A year later, my prayers were answered and this cat was made available in the Crown Store during Valentine's Day 2018. Now, if we could work out something about the other exclusive pets...
*cough* PS4 Frisky Scrib and Psijic Brassilisk + XB1 Foxbat Brassilisk *cough*

Apparently, a screenshot contest was held by the Japanese publisher of ESO during the Heart's Day event (aka Valentine's Day.) Users had to submit screenshots and received Milady's Cloud Cat pets as a reward. The only reason I know this is because I saw a friend of mine running around with the pet and asked him about it.

So, I have a few questions about this:
  • Why did the rest of the world not hear about this event?
  • How come we only got a crown store discount of Heart's Day related items instead?
  • Will Milady's Cloud Cat ever become available to non-Japanese players?

After all the fuss in this thread about the black cat being a Japanese exclusive, the pet was eventually released to the rest of the world. I was kind of hoping there wouldn't be any other regional exclusives.

Would you like to see Milady's Cloud Cat pet released to everyone as well?

fxWyOLrN.jpg
Edited by Faunter on February 14, 2018 4:22PM
  • runagate
    runagate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Looks like Quiet Lady. Crouched and waiting and deadly.
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't think regional exclusives should exist as long as those regions play on the same server. Different server? Do what you want. If I can see it in game on my server, I should have a chance at acquiring it.
  • Dhukath
    Dhukath
    ✭✭✭
    The black cat that was available in the crown store recently was originally a free gift for purchasing the Japanese version of ESO from amazon.co.jp. So I would expect the white cat to become available at some point too.
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Faunter wrote: »
    [*] Will Milady's Cloud Cat ever become available to non-Japanese players?

Exactly what part of "exclusive" do you not understand?
    confused24.gif
  • Abeille
    Abeille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SirAndy wrote: »
    Faunter wrote: »
    [*] Will Milady's Cloud Cat ever become available to non-Japanese players?

Exactly what part of "exclusive" do you not understand?
    confused24.gif

Halt! The Black Cat was also once "exclusive".

"Exclusive" means very little when we speak of cosmetics in this game, history shows.
    Just so that everyone knows, my Altmer still can't have black hair. About a dozen of Altmer NPCs in the game have black hair. Just saying.

Meet my characters:
    Command: Do the thing.

Zadarri, Khajiit Fist of Thalmor: The thing was done, as commanded.
    Durza gra-Maghul, Orc blacksmith: The thing was done perfectly, in the most efficient way.
    Tegwen, Bosmer troublemaker: You can't prove I didn't do the thing.
    Sings-Many-Songs, Argonian fisher: Sure, I'll do the thing... Eventually. Maybe.
    Aerindel, Altmer stormcaller: After extensive research, I've come to the conclusion that doing the thing would be a waste of resources.
    Liliel, Dunmer pyromancer: Aerindel said I shouldn't do the thing. Something about "resources".
    Gyda Snowcaller, Nord cryomancer: I will find a way to do it that won't waste resources and make Aerindel proud of me.
    Beatrice Leoriane, Breton vampire: I persuaded someone else into doing the thing. You are welcome, dear.
    Sahima, Redguard performer: Doing the thing sounds awfully unpleasant and really not my problem.
    Ellaria Valerius, Imperial priestess: I'll pray to the Eight for the thing to be done, if it is Their will.
  • kewl
    kewl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Exclusive is a marketig term that means nothing. Allot like the terms DLC and chapter.
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not sure why people in one country are more valuable than players in literally every other country in the world.

Ugh. :/ I hate when companies give one country some exclusive, as if the rest of their players are less important. I've seen toy companies do this, and it's infuriating.
  • Acrolas
    Acrolas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SydneyGrey wrote: »
    Ugh. :/ I hate when companies give one country some exclusive, as if the rest of their players are less important. I've seen toy companies do this, and it's infuriating.

Not the best comparison. Toys, among other things, often wind up as international exclusives when US retailers opt out of ordering them.

This was a participation prize organized by the Japanese version management team. It doesn't sound like the pet was exclusive to just this promotion, though. Just something they worked out with ZOS for Valentine's Day. (http://eso.dmm.com/news/detail/1661)

The Japanese version is also doing its own independent Homestead contest.

And they extend ESO+ for service disruptions. Hmmm. What a nice team they have.
    dqr90y.jpg

signing off
  • J6B
    J6B
    Acrolas wrote: »
    This was a participation prize organized by the Japanese version management team. It doesn't sound like the pet was exclusive to just this promotion, though. Just something they worked out with ZOS for Valentine's Day. (http://eso.dmm.com/news/detail/1661)

And they extend ESO+ for service disruptions. Hmmm. What a nice team they have.
    Bloody HELL!

1: something they worked out with ZOS basically mean they can do what they want when negotiating or something.

2: lol they don't have ESO-JP server, do they? if not, I don't see why they don't do that with us as well?
    Edited by J6B on March 10, 2017 7:17AM
  • Osteos
    Osteos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wonder if it has googly eyes like the black cat. Either way why begrudge someone else having something unique?
    DAGGERFALL COVENANT
    NA PC
    Former Vehemence Member
    Onistka Valerius <> Artemis Renault <> Gonk gra-Ugrash <> Karietta <> Zercon at-Rusa <> Genevieve Renault <> Ktaka <> Brenlyn Renault
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This one she thinks the little khajiit looks suspiciously like herself yes.

If you replace the daggers and bottles of booze with a big pink bow of course.

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws
    Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
  • NovaShadow
    NovaShadow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't think regional exclusives should exist as long as those regions play on the same server. Different server? Do what you want. If I can see it in game on my server, I should have a chance at acquiring it.

There shouldn't be exclusive ever.

SWTOR was horrible for this going as far as to give away mini-pets for people buying time cards from US Amazon, which no other country could buy from (due to some weird digital purchase thing).

So basically it was pets for US customers only.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • LMar
    LMar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Milady" *tips fedora* :P

I am sure it will come out eventually for the rest of the world too. Cats always sell well. Remember the internet was made for cat(jiits)!
    "If a stick of fish is a fish stick, it will stick like other fish sticks stick"
    "Taller races now sit in chairs correctly"
  • Blazedont
    Blazedont
    ✭✭
    Is there a eso japan ??
    Money is everything
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Blazedont wrote: »
    Is there a eso japan ??

There is an ESO Japan indeed yes but the travellers they live in US Tamriel. They have a Japanese language client and it is restricted in some way so only players in Japan can use it.

This one she recalls it became available last year sometimes yes as she recalls a bug where some things appeared in the Japanese language for all of the travellers yes.

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

• Judas Helviaryn
    Judas Helviaryn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    You all need to grow up. The "Nobody should be more special than I am" mentality is indicative of some deep personal insecurity.

Let people have what they have. Be grateful for what you have.

Homogenization is a bad thing. By trying to be unique, you're all turning into copy-cats, pun intended.
    Edited by Judas Helviaryn on March 10, 2017 11:13AM
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Khajiit also finds it interesting that both of the 'exclusives' offered to Japanese travellers have been little khajiits yes.

They do not so much like the doggies or other creatures perhaps?

Also do they have their own super secret talking pages? This one she does not recall seeing many posting here.

Yours with nosy paws
    Santie Claws

• Abeille
    Abeille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Osteos wrote: »
    I wonder if it has googly eyes like the black cat. Either way why begrudge someone else having something unique?

I assume people want pets in game that look like their own pets in real life. I know I bought the black cat for exactly that reason so I can sympathize.

Perhaps people wouldn't mind if it was a fictional animal like a guar with a little collar.

Either way, I imagine it will come out eventually to the rest of the world, just like the black cat.
    Just so that everyone knows, my Altmer still can't have black hair. About a dozen of Altmer NPCs in the game have black hair. Just saying.

Meet my characters:
    Command: Do the thing.

Zadarri, Khajiit Fist of Thalmor: The thing was done, as commanded.
    Durza gra-Maghul, Orc blacksmith: The thing was done perfectly, in the most efficient way.
    Tegwen, Bosmer troublemaker: You can't prove I didn't do the thing.
    Sings-Many-Songs, Argonian fisher: Sure, I'll do the thing... Eventually. Maybe.
    Aerindel, Altmer stormcaller: After extensive research, I've come to the conclusion that doing the thing would be a waste of resources.
    Liliel, Dunmer pyromancer: Aerindel said I shouldn't do the thing. Something about "resources".
    Gyda Snowcaller, Nord cryomancer: I will find a way to do it that won't waste resources and make Aerindel proud of me.
    Beatrice Leoriane, Breton vampire: I persuaded someone else into doing the thing. You are welcome, dear.
    Sahima, Redguard performer: Doing the thing sounds awfully unpleasant and really not my problem.
    Ellaria Valerius, Imperial priestess: I'll pray to the Eight for the thing to be done, if it is Their will.
  • Prof_Bawbag
    Prof_Bawbag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    This thread proves people will get all precious over anything and everything as long as they have an excuse to get all precious. A white cat ffs. They could get a pink florescent cat, that shoots a laser beam from its ass and I would still fail to grasp the outrage.
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Abeille wrote: »
    I assume people want pets in game that look like their own pets in real life. I know I bought the black cat for exactly that reason so I can sympathize.

I suspect the colors also come into play; pure black and pure white go with a LOT of color combinations. If it had been orange striped, less so.
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

How to turn off the sustainability features (screen dimming, fps cap) on PC
  • ZOS_JohanaB
    ZOS_JohanaB
    ✭✭✭✭
    A few comments have been removed from this thread for baiting. Please remember to be constructive as you post to the thread in the future.
    Staff Post
  • BruceLeeroy91
    BruceLeeroy91
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JohanaB hey...why do they have good CS that refunds ESO for down days. Wow that sounds nice, and these "exclusive" pets? But honestly can we get that level of Customer Service everywhere else?