The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

PvP - Magicka Templar Builds

• Animus-ESO
    Animus-ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lexxypwns wrote: »
    I like 5 spinners 5 julianos 2slimecraw/skoria/Bloodspawn
    https://youtu.be/H3gx0jl5hDg

Holy crap, PS4 combat looks super slow compared to PC. If my fights were even close to that controlled Id be king of cyro.
    Dude Where's My Guar?
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For templar, I think heavy and sword and board are too good too pass up.

What I hate about light armor is not the squishiness, you have way less stamina for blocking and dodging. Everything light armor grants can be acquired somewhere else. Use Elemental Drain to get the spell penetration. Constitution already giving you enough regen that you can run the thief mundas for the extra crit.

The best setup I have found in 5 Rattle, 5 Lich (jewelry and sword & board), 2 Skoria, and a destro (preferably Maelstrom). Other builds might have better stats, but this setup is so versatile: it can tank, move, and do damage without worrying about its resources.

Lich is by far the best magicka sustain set that it should be worn even if you're a vampire. Warlock gives less than half of Lich. Furnace is not a bad alternative, but one of its traits are meh and you can't guarantee getting hit with melee. If you have to mist 4 times in a row while the proc happens to be active, you're kind of screwed anyway. With Rune Focus and Elemental Drain, you can easily run Thief Mundas in Heavy
  • Rhaegar75
    Rhaegar75
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi there, I'm adding myself to the thread because i'm really quite lost with regards to what equip is going to be the best for my magicka Templar bearing in mind the Morrowind expansion

I definitely like Soulshine so it will definitely remain one of my sets; at the moment I'm also using Valkyn scoria.
    I'm planning on using 5 heavy

for the second set I thought about various options their pros/con but I could still do with some guidance:

Julianos: extra critical is a plus; I can craft it or buy it
    Kagrenac: it helps with resources; same as above...I can craft it or buy
    Shroud of the Lich: really good for resource management but I don't enjoy farming dungeons
    Treasure Hunter: I really like the massive boost to spell critical.....but...is Julianos better overall as a set?
    Black Rose: really not sure here...it sounds good on paper but is it really helpful?
    Twice Born Star: I like the idea of 2 mundus stones to boost spell damage and spell critical

Am I forgetting something important? What do you think wil synergize well with Soulshine?

Thanks
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For templar, I think heavy and sword and board are too good too pass up.

What I hate about light armor is not the squishiness, you have way less stamina for blocking and dodging. Everything light armor grants can be acquired somewhere else. Use Elemental Drain to get the spell penetration. Constitution already giving you enough regen that you can run the thief mundas for the extra crit.

The best setup I have found in 5 Rattle, 5 Lich (jewelry and sword & board), 2 Skoria, and a destro (preferably Maelstrom). Other builds might have better stats, but this setup is so versatile: it can tank, move, and do damage without worrying about its resources.

Lich is by far the best magicka sustain set that it should be worn even if you're a vampire. Warlock gives less than half of Lich. Furnace is not a bad alternative, but one of its traits are meh and you can't guarantee getting hit with melee. If you have to mist 4 times in a row while the proc happens to be active, you're kind of screwed anyway. With Rune Focus and Elemental Drain, you can easily run Thief Mundas in Heavy

That's why I find prisoner to be an interesting set. It gives mag on Sprint use independent from regen (avoid issues with builds stacking into siphoner CP), gives two stat Stam recovery+1stam on top of 50% cost reduction on Sprint. This allows the light armor Templar to go mag on the second set, maybe dip into full SD enchants and go with any mundas they want (mag if pool is low, Regen on Stam if you dodge to much, thief for crit, etc.)

Only problem is you need dampen Magicka and front bar BoL to counter to lack of physical resistance.
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • cazlonb16_ESO
    cazlonb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rhaegar75 wrote: »
    Black Rose: really not sure here...it sounds good on paper but is it really helpful?

The constitution passive it builds on was nerfed this patch. The base value for 5 pc heavy is 700ish now, every 4 seconds, if and only if you're being hit. Black Rose adds 35% to that, so roughly 250. That's slightly less than one regen bonus on armour - 129 every 2 seconds regardless if you're being hit or not. Regen glyph on jewelry is 174 every 2 seconds iirc. So not really worth it anymore.

On set missing in your list is Rattlecage. It frees up a hotbar slot, depending on your build that can be mildly useful or invaluable. Unfortunately you'd have to farm it in Vault of Madness.
  • Curson
    Curson
    ✭✭
    Just throwing this out there, but because of this new xpac creating issues with sustain. What about 5 heavy 2 light seducer, altercation mastery, and skoria? I feel like you would be able to outlast anyone.
  • akray21
    akray21
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    2xSkoria
    5xSoulshine
    5xSeducer

DW front bar, resto back bar.
    Full 7 heavy with impen.

The magicka regen from a heavy restoration attack in 7 heavy is powerful enough to keep you from OOM. But sustaining pressure (what I like to do) has been a little hard with having to maintain entropy, purifying light, rune focus, and occasionally rapid regen.

I don't have DW ranked up, or yellow swords yet, so I'm missing 10% damage at the moment.
    Edited by akray21 on May 25, 2017 4:50PM
  • Akinos
    Akinos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Curson wrote: »
    Just throwing this out there, but because of this new xpac creating issues with sustain. What about 5 heavy 2 light seducer, altercation mastery, and skoria? I feel like you would be able to outlast anyone.

I'm running 5 heavy seducer, 5 worm cult/alteration mastery and 2 piece molag kena. You can sustain the molag kena procs pretty easy now since kena procs make your skills cost 20% more now, as opposed to the 33% of last update. Most of that cost increase is offset 12-14% by running two reduction sustain sets. So really the skills only cost 6-8% more, but gaining 516 spell and weapon damage for 6 seconds. Good for setting up big burst.
    PC NA | @AkinosPvP 1vX/Small Scaler, Raid Leader, Youtuber and Twitch.tv Streamer.MAGICKA MELEE IS LIFE!Magplar, MagDK, Magden, Magblade, Magsorc & Magcro PvP/Build videos & moretwitch.tv/akinospvp
  • Reefo
    Reefo
    ✭✭✭
    Heavy
    2 monster
    5 soulshine(DW)
    5 lich (SnB)
    2 willpower (cost reduction now)

Light
    2 bloodspawn
    5 amberplasm
    5 cyrodiils light (DW)

DW resto

Tried both works well, vampire will be good again now, so that's also cool. Looking forward to using bats and mist form again.
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Akinos wrote: »
    Curson wrote: »

I'm running 5 heavy seducer, 5 worm cult/alteration mastery and 2 piece molag kena. You can sustain the molag kena procs pretty easy now since kena procs make your skills cost 20% more now, as opposed to the 33% of last update. Most of that cost increase is offset 12-14% by running two reduction sustain sets. So really the skills only cost 6-8% more, but gaining 516 spell and weapon damage for 6 seconds. Good for setting up big burst.

I like this setup.

I played around with Lich(snb bar back) seducer, kena, and 2 willpower as well but found that if I proc'ed kena when lich wasn't up that I ran out of magika
  • Destyran
    Destyran
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For heavy tank timed burst.
    5 rattlecage
    5 lich
    2 valkyn
    1 sharp cma lightning.
    I use dbos and destructive reach instead of toppling.

For high burst heavy i use
    5 rattlecage
    5 kags
    2 grothdar valkyn

For my highest burst
    I use
    5 rattlecage
    5 kags light
    2 grothdar
    Vma resto off bar
    Vampire. Use toppling dbos purifying light.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wanna be a little trollish? Try bloodspawn + Akaviri Dragon + resto Light's Champion

Add any other set to flavor

You're invincible
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Elong
    Elong
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    5 War Maiden, 5 Kags, 2 Willpower is what I'm using at the moment, 5 light.

Kags is just in because, well, it's still really nice! It does a bit of everything still. Amberplasm would be great if I could be bothered farming yet another set (which I can't).

Not having any sustain issues, gankers aren't the threat they once were, it feels mobile thanks to mist form and very bursty with purifying light on a target.
  • Rhaegar75
    Rhaegar75
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Since Morrowind what changes have you made to your builds?
    • What enchantments are you using? I'm considering 'cost reduction'
    • CP points? I'm really unsure here!?!?!?
    Edited by Rhaegar75 on May 30, 2017 2:14PM
  • SneaK
    SneaK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've been running Heavy Kags, Spinners, and EG. It'd be decent if my bar swap button wasn't broke.
    "IMO"
    Aldmeri Dominion
    Bosmer Nightblade AR 32 - Altmer Templar AR 26 - Dunmer Dragonknight AR 18 - Altmer Sorcerer AR 20 - Khajiit Dragonknight AR 18
    (+3 not worth mentioning, yet)
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ATM I'm using soul shine and alchemist with skoria, gonna switch up SS with War Maiden. If I wanna go heavy I may switch CA with SS.

BTW Eclipse gets way too much hate for actually how good it can be
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rhaegar75 wrote: »
    Since Morrowind what changes have you made to your builds?
    • What enchantments are you using? I'm considering 'cost reduction'
    • CP points? I'm really unsure here!?!?!?

There is still lots of testing going on for CP placement. Look at any thread by Asayre for the most recent developments.

Lots of people think Regen outweighs cost reduction. Though a few players found cost reduction sets work beautifully. I think it comes down to how many spells you cast and how much Regen you need to recoup the costs.
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Baconlad
    Baconlad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I plan on giving five spinner, five warmaiden, two slimecraw a good try...just need them damn PVP bags to drop spinner swords instead of freaking spinner sharpened maces and axes!! Ive gotten three of the wrong sharpened weapon...
  • iTs_2Funky4u
    Hi,

anyone thought about the new Set "Impregnable Armor" all divines + "Twice born star" all divines + any monster set of choice?
    I remember that we Templars always liked Twice Born Star but it was a NoGo for PVP due the "impenetrable traits" being to good. Now with that new Set we could get the impenetrable bonus from Impregnable armor with still stacking divines. Then we just choose 2 mundus stones that complement our build best. Anyone who can do the math if it´s actually worth trying?
  • akray21
    akray21
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi,

anyone thought about the new Set "Impregnable Armor" all divines + "Twice born star" all divines + any monster set of choice?
    I remember that we Templars always liked Twice Born Star but it was a NoGo for PVP due the "impenetrable traits" being to good. Now with that new Set we could get the impenetrable bonus from Impregnable armor with still stacking divines. Then we just choose 2 mundus stones that complement our build best. Anyone who can do the math if it´s actually worth trying?

I've been trying to build sustain for BGs, but so far I have encountered far too much burst from procs, and I'm even in 7 heavy impen. I have been looking at Impregnable as it appears to provide some value, but I don't feel like all divines TBS has enough value for me to run over Seducer for example. But... I am a big Seducer fan boy...
  • Brutusmax1mus
    Brutusmax1mus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wanna be a little trollish? Try bloodspawn + Akaviri Dragon + resto Light's Champion

Add any other set to flavor

You're invincible

I will be trying this immediately, sounds so fun
  • Brutusmax1mus
    Brutusmax1mus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    akray21 wrote: »
    Hi,

I've been trying to build sustain for BGs, but so far I have encountered far too much burst from procs, and I'm even in 7 heavy impen. I have been looking at Impregnable as it appears to provide some value, but I don't feel like all divines TBS has enough value for me to run over Seducer for example. But... I am a big Seducer fan boy...

Got bgs, if you wanna survive multiple proc sets hitting at once, you've gotta block. My group has 3 players with viper and we kill pretty much every non block healer with toppling charge, stampede, ambush, crit rush. We can literally just disengage for 4 seconds and Target charge/execute just about anyone without block up.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi,

Got bgs, if you wanna survive multiple proc sets hitting at once, you've gotta block. My group has 3 players with viper and we kill pretty much every non block healer with toppling charge, stampede, ambush, crit rush. We can literally just disengage for 4 seconds and Target charge/execute just about anyone without block up.

It hurts me to read this....

Not because of you, I just get sad at "we have 3 players running viper" and "we execute everyone"

That's just cold. Viper blood cold.
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • cazlonb16_ESO
    cazlonb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That is exactly why groups need a separate queue or queuing as a group needs to be prevented alltogether.
  • crusnik91
    crusnik91
    ✭✭✭✭
    My other 4 builds are geared and golded out, so I'm left with deciding what to do with my Templar before I can just PvP without having to think about finishing builds and farming pieces.

Currently I'm using x5 Soulshine x5 Lich and x2 Skoria and I'm not a fan to be honest.

1) Light Armor vs Heavy Armor?
    2) SPC works on yourself, so would it be a decent offensive set to use?
    3) I'm using DW but can't decide between SnB/Resto/Destro for my secondary weapon
    4) Do you use shields? (Or only if your going light)

Appreciate feedback, need to finish off my final character and I'm not the most experienced Templar, are there any other sets that work well with them?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XOaEcQVFQl0
    Give this build a try :)

Written version: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/301766/video-crescents-magickatemplar-build-magplar-reborn-for-morrowind-gameplay/p1
    YT channel(Guides/Builds/gameplay)
    ~ Crescent Jayren Gaming ~

Glorious EP
    Jayren - V16 MagBlade AR30
    Crescent J'renz - V16 StamBlade AR46
    Crescent Lucrecia - V16 MagSorc AR32
    Courageous DC
    Crescent Sephiroth - V16 StamDK AR50
    Crescent Singu-rarity - V16 MagTemplar AR33
    Relentless AD
    Crescent the Tiny - V16 StamSorc AR10
    Crescent-The-Huge-One - V16 MagWarden AR18
  • Brutusmax1mus
    Brutusmax1mus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi,

Not because of you, I just get sad at "we have 3 players running viper" and "we execute everyone"

I know waff, I'm the Templar so i can live with it. With the increased cost, free damage is incredible. As it stands we can rely on at least 20k damage from just gap closing a target and it only costs around 3k resources for each of us. It's actually more on a regular basis, i just round down in regards to planning damage.
  • akray21
    akray21
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm really feeling the loss of major mending. I don't even use BoL in combat anymore because it doesn't heal me for enough in no CP.
  • SneaK
    SneaK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi,

I know waff, I'm the Templar so i can live with it. With the increased cost, free damage is incredible. As it stands we can rely on at least 20k damage from just gap closing a target and it only costs around 3k resources for each of us. It's actually more on a regular basis, i just round down in regards to planning damage.

Lol, this is ESO now guys.
    "IMO"
    Aldmeri Dominion
    Bosmer Nightblade AR 32 - Altmer Templar AR 26 - Dunmer Dragonknight AR 18 - Altmer Sorcerer AR 20 - Khajiit Dragonknight AR 18
    (+3 not worth mentioning, yet)
  • Brutusmax1mus
    Brutusmax1mus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SneaK wrote: »
    Hi,

There are counters though. Roll dodge, shuffle, gossamer, blocking, shields, large hp pools, standing in Grand healing with 4 ticks running, mutagen, high armor, there are plenty more. Pressure is even a big counter as these builds are less hearty than most. It's trickier then you'd think.
  • akray21
    akray21
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SneaK wrote: »
    Hi,

There are counters though. Roll dodge, shuffle, gossamer, blocking, shields, large hp pools, standing in Grand healing with 4 ticks running, mutagen, high armor, there are plenty more. Pressure is even a big counter as these builds are less hearty than most. It's trickier then you'd think.

I prefer the pressure route, but when magplars main pressure skills are as terrible as they are (toppling charge and sweeps), it's not really an option. Magplar is in a dark place right now, we don't have enough tools for burst, we don't have any class magicka shields, we don't have a pet to allow stacking magicka with necropentence, we don't have enough stamina to block a lot, and now we can't sustain through healing with the loss of major mending. We excel when there is a sustain meta, not this proc burst meta.

I am very close to abandoning my magplar this patch to go with the cancer triple proc stam builds (selene/veledrith, viper, and oblivian damage).
    Edited by akray21 on June 1, 2017 5:23PM