Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Drop rate Kuta

Nahtal
Nahtal
✭✭✭
Have notice that it seems drop rate of Kuta,s has been decreased.

Playing lot of hours every day and still not pick up one.

How about you guys/girls? do you have notice this?
Love to crind, to sell, to explore, to heal, and to have fun.
Templar Breton vampire HEAL CP463 Lord Massimo 'fire is his friend'
Templar Argonian QUAN CHI HEAL CP463: 'the light of friendly'
Nightblade Breton Sjangsung DPS CP463 'does not take souls'
Zizeng (new char) DPS/HEAL warden (not chinees char)
  • Dread_Guy
    Dread_Guy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've honestly thought they've been increased. I was picking nodes in craglorn and at one point I got 4 straight kutas. That's the thing about RNG, it's different for each person. It may feel like a decrease to you, but to someone else it'll feel like an increase. Its hard to get an accurate statement when the system is based on chance
    "My name is Julius Decimus Heraclius, Guildmaster of the Scions of the Sun, Brigadier of the Covenant Army, loyal servant to the High King Emeric. Brother to a betrayed legion, son to a fallen empire. And I will have my vengeance, in this life or the next." ---Julius Decimus Heraclius (Imperial Templar)
  • SHADOW2KK
    SHADOW2KK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Nope, get a good amount from writ rewards and overland nodes :p
    Once I was a lamb, playing in a green field. Then the wolves came. Now I am an eagle and I fly in a different universe.

Been taking heads since TeS 3 Morrowind..

Been enjoying PvP tears since 2014

LvL 50 - Dragon Knight EP [PC-EU] = Illuvutar = Ex The Wabbajack = (Stam DK)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Legendary Blades = Evil Ninja/Dueller = (StamBlade)
    LvL 50 - Sorcerer DC [PC-EU] = Daemon Lord = (Mag Sorc)
    LvL 50 - Dragon Knight DC [PC-EU] = Khal-Bladez = (Mag DK)
    LvL 50 - Dragon Knight DC [PC-EU] = Tenakha Khan = (Stam DK)
    LvL 50 - Templar DC [PC-EU]] = Blades The Disgruntled = (Stamplar)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Ghost Blades = (Assassin)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Malekith The Shadow = (Mag NB)
    LvL 50 - Warden DC [PC-EU] = Crimson Blades = (Stamden)

Guild Master of The Bringers Of The Storm.
    Harrods

Member Of The Old Guard
    PC Closed Betas 2013

PC Mastah Race

Anook Page anook.com/shadow2kk

Been playing since Beta and Early Access

• Tess_Phyreforge
    Tess_Phyreforge
    ✭✭✭
    Drop rate of gold crafting mats should be raised up due to the Legendary crafting writs they are making us do.
  • AdamskiAlders
    AdamskiAlders
    ✭✭✭
    I've not had a single issue with finding Kuta since 1 Tamriel dropped on Xbox, before then I think I only ever saw 1 in over a year's play. Now I'm getting them about every 10-20 runestones I find, sometimes more often sometimes not.
  • I_killed_Vivec
    I_killed_Vivec
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I've honestly thought they've been increased. I was picking nodes in craglorn and at one point I got 4 straight kutas. That's the thing about RNG, it's different for each person. It may feel like a decrease to you, but to someone else it'll feel like an increase. Its hard to get an accurate statement when the system is based on chance

I got two in a row and I'm ashamed to admit I was a bit disappointed when the third was a Jejota.

I used to have very poor RNG - about one kuta a month "in the wild" if I was lucky. Recently I've been getting one every two days or so.
  • disintegr8
    disintegr8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    From my perspective I think the drop rate has gone up, I get them faster than I can sell them but I have 7 characters doing max level writs. I am on PS4 and the drop rate of all gold level mats seems high for me.

This might be across the board because all of the prices have dropped drastically. I reckon gold level crafting item prices have dropped 20% or more in the past 2 weeks. Tempers selling for 14k 2 weeks ago are now selling for 11k, Rosins selling for 9k are now 7k and kutas are being sold for 5k.

This might only be because people are selling more to make money for housing but I'm considering just hanging onto mine until the prices level out a bit.
    Australian on PS4 NA server.
    Everyone's entitled to an opinion.
  • Nahtal
    Nahtal
    ✭✭✭
    Can somebody explain this RNG/system thing?

anyway seems get potent nirn allot in Craglorn. :)
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I thought the rate had gone up, big time. They used to sell for 15-16k all day long Xbox EU. now its 5k. Tho I've not studied the prices since U13
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • KerinKor
    KerinKor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nahtal wrote: »
    Have notice that it seems drop rate of Kuta,s has been decreased.
    Like everyone else, I'm not seeing any reduction in drop rate and if anything am getting them a bit more frequently.

Edited by KerinKor on March 6, 2017 6:51PM
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nahtal wrote: »
    Can somebody explain this RNG/system thing?

At @Nahtal, remember you asked for this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_tN2ev3hO14

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Nahtal
    Nahtal
    ✭✭✭
    Haha lol yeay yeay i get it. :D
  • SimeonTregarth
    I realize this thread is over a month old but I would like to ask a question of those of you who find Kuta's in overland nodes. Have you invested in Keen Eye:Runestones? If yes, how many points? Also, have you invested in Runestone Extraction and if so, how many points?

The reason I ask is that I have been playing for about 6 months now and I don't believe I have ever looted a Kuta from a Runestone. I do get them regularly from Enchanting writs but not from Runestones. In researching this I found a post from several years ago that seemed to indicate that you need 3/3 in Keen Eye to loot Kuta's but the data was not entirely convincing. It does seem however from reading this and other similar threads that some players find lots of Kuta and others, like myself, find none. When these patterns extend over a period of several months and many hundreds of Runestone nodes it seems unlikely that the RNG is the sole culprit.

So while the Enchanting skills should not have such an effect I think it certainly could be an unintended consequence.
  • SHADOW2KK
    SHADOW2KK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I realize this thread is over a month old but I would like to ask a question of those of you who find Kuta's in overland nodes. Have you invested in Keen Eye:Runestones? If yes, how many points? Also, have you invested in Runestone Extraction and if so, how many points?

The reason I ask is that I have been playing for about 6 months now and I don't believe I have ever looted a Kuta from a Runestone. I do get them regularly from Enchanting writs but not from Runestones. In researching this I found a post from several years ago that seemed to indicate that you need 3/3 in Keen Eye to loot Kuta's but the data was not entirely convincing. It does seem however from reading this and other similar threads that some players find lots of Kuta and others, like myself, find none. When these patterns extend over a period of several months and many hundreds of Runestone nodes it seems unlikely that the RNG is the sole culprit.

So while the Enchanting skills should not have such an effect I think it certainly could be an unintended consequence.

You do not need any points into Keen Eye, they are easy to spot anyways imo, and personally I get a good number of Kutas dropping from overland nodes semi regularly.

It is pure luck, similar to getting a Nirn within 5 seconds of hitting a node hehe.
    Once I was a lamb, playing in a green field. Then the wolves came. Now I am an eagle and I fly in a different universe.

Been taking heads since TeS 3 Morrowind..

Been enjoying PvP tears since 2014

LvL 50 - Dragon Knight EP [PC-EU] = Illuvutar = Ex The Wabbajack = (Stam DK)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Legendary Blades = Evil Ninja/Dueller = (StamBlade)
    LvL 50 - Sorcerer DC [PC-EU] = Daemon Lord = (Mag Sorc)
    LvL 50 - Dragon Knight DC [PC-EU] = Khal-Bladez = (Mag DK)
    LvL 50 - Dragon Knight DC [PC-EU] = Tenakha Khan = (Stam DK)
    LvL 50 - Templar DC [PC-EU]] = Blades The Disgruntled = (Stamplar)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Ghost Blades = (Assassin)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Malekith The Shadow = (Mag NB)
    LvL 50 - Warden DC [PC-EU] = Crimson Blades = (Stamden)

Guild Master of The Bringers Of The Storm.
    Harrods

Member Of The Old Guard
    PC Closed Betas 2013

PC Mastah Race

Anook Page anook.com/shadow2kk

Been playing since Beta and Early Access