Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Is There Some Super Secret Pattern to These Master Alchemy Writs?

Lylith
Lylith
✭✭✭✭✭
or is it just trial and error until we get it right?

i have all the alchemy references bookmarked, fwiw, but is there anything beyond that in reference to these specific, sadistic writs?
  • helediron
    helediron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They are easy. You need to select ingredients so that the effects appear at least twice and avoid counter-effect. E.g to get Increase Health select two ingredients that have it but watch out not to select Ravage Health in third. Then use Lorkhan's Tears if Essence or Alkahest if poison.

You have learned every effect of every ingredient, right?

Most of the potions mix up so that each ingredient has two effects each. So usually search for first effect but ignore an ingredient if it doesn't have either of the two other effects. Select that ingredient. Then repeat the pattern for the two other effects. On few cases one ingredient has all three effects.
    On hiatus. PC,EU,AD - crafting completionist - @helediron 900+ cp, @helestor 1000+ cp, @helestar 800+ cp, @helester 700+ cp - Dragonborn Z Suomikilta, Harrods, Master Crafter. - Blog - Crafthouse: all stations, all munduses, all dummies, open to everyone
  • Reorx_Holybeard
    Reorx_Holybeard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Use our new Alchemy Calculator. Just click the traits you need on the left, hit "Find" at the top-left and see the possible combinations on the right.
    Reorx Holybeard -- NA/PC
    Founder/Admin of www.uesp.net -- UESP ESO Guilds
    Creator of the "Best" ESO Build Editor
    I'm on a quest to build the world's toughest USB drive!
  • Lylith
    Lylith
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    thanks for the advice. :)
    i figured out a trick to it with potion maker, too. narrow the choices down as much as possible for the effects, then have the add-on search using only those ingredients; the proper potion will be in the results.

saves a lot of time.
  • Soella
    Soella
    ✭✭✭✭
    The latest version of potion maker works fine if you need essence, just mark "only quest potion".
  • Lylith
    Lylith
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Soella wrote: »
    The latest version of potion maker works fine if you need essence, just mark "only quest potion".

oh damn. :o

i didn't see that feature, will check it out when the servers come back to life.

appreciate everyone's help on this.
  • Wreuntzylla
    Wreuntzylla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Lylith wrote: »
    thanks for the advice. :)
    i figured out a trick to it with potion maker, too. narrow the choices down as much as possible for the effects, then have the add-on search using only those ingredients; the proper potion will be in the results.

saves a lot of time.

That's what I do.
  • Decon98b16_ESO
    Decon98b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    My apologies I was wrong about this - sorry
    Edited by Decon98b16_ESO on March 4, 2017 11:07PM
  • Wreuntzylla
    Wreuntzylla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The Alchemy Master Writ that involves using Poison IX is currently bugged and
    cannot be completed - I had to abandon one in order to continue on with other Alchemy Master Writs.
    I have 3 of these bugged writs in storage waiting for the patch.

Bugged how? I'm unlucky and only have done about 80 now, but not one has been bugged.