The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Official Discussion Thread for "Next Crown Crate Season: The Elder Scrolls Online's Wild Hunt"

ZOS_GinaBruno
ZOS_GinaBruno
Community Manager
This is the official discussion thread for the blog article Next Crown Crate Season: The Elder Scrolls Online's Wild Hunt. Beginning today, the new ESO Crown Crate season has begun. It's time to embrace nature with the fresh spoils of ESO's Wild Hunt!

You can also find the full list of collectibles that you have a chance of obtaining in this latest season in this forum post.

Gina Bruno
Senior Community Manager
Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
Staff Post
  • Recremen
    Recremen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh boy I sure do love the opportunity to gamble away my money on things that ought to be directly purchasable!
    Men'Do PC NA AD Khajiit
    Grand High Illustrious Mid-Tier PvP/PvE Bussmunster
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Recremen wrote: »
    Oh boy I sure do love the opportunity to gamble away my money on things that ought to be directly purchasable!

/thread
  • Dominoid
    Dominoid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Nice change by ZOS here. Notice there are no hardly any race-specific piercings, hair styles, tattoos, etc in these crates. Thanks for listening.

Edit: There are some superior ones still.
    Edited by Dominoid on March 2, 2017 6:17PM
  • Threemoons
    Threemoons
    ✭✭✭
    Srsly? Can you at least make the drop rates and gem exchange rates not suck? Also I wonder how much housing crapola is going to be jammed in there to unbalance the gem exchange....ditto for all the hats and crap from the last set of boxes.....
    Edited by Threemoons on March 2, 2017 5:59PM
    Playing on PC/NA---UserID=Threemoons--usually on nights, weekends
  • starzsuicide
    Oh wow, look at the Whiners, little known fact.. Crown Crates are random loot drops with a chance to win some seriously cool stuff. Don't wanna risk the gamble? THEN DONT BUY THEM.

Funny when people cry about optional things.

And complaints about how you should just be able to buy them outright, that would ruin the point of the gamble and therefore lessen rarity of those who do enjoy the crates. If you don't like it, don't participate.

Now back on topic, I am excited for a chance to win some wild hunt themed items! Bosmer Master Race
    Edited by starzsuicide on March 2, 2017 6:36PM
    -StarzSuicide
  • driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    And complaints about how you should just be able to buy them outright, that would ruin the point of the gamble and therefore lessen rarity of those who do enjoy the crates.

I'd be okay with that.
    Main: Drio Azul ~ DC, Redguard, Healer/Magicka Templar ~ NA-PC
    ●The Psijic Order●The Sidekick Order●Great House Hlaalu●Bal-Busters●
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Spring is in the air

You're going to be eating those words at PAX next weekend you know.
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

PC/NA ROLLBACKS AND BAN NOTIFICATIONS ANNOUNCEMENT.
  • Toorlokviing
    Toorlokviing
    ✭✭✭
    im actually pleased to see that most of the datamined items from homestead are not in these crates...the rest of you should be happy. i will still buy crown crates cuz well i cant help myself :) but be looking out for that black sabre cat and evil version of the elk hitting the crown store seperately just dont expect them to be cheap peeps. if the last elk was any indicator.
  • spectre303
    spectre303
    ✭✭✭
    So why did they make the change with the bonus 5th cards? I thought they used to be a guaranteed apex reward. I got the bonus 5th card twice, but instead of apex mount i got an animation and a tattoo.
    Edited by spectre303 on March 3, 2017 12:04AM
    Ebonheart Pact ♦ NA ♦ CP 2230
    Ra'Sta ♦ ♛Sergeant Stadanko ♦ ♛Napolèon Dynamite ♦ Brunhilda the Green ♦ ♛Call me Al ♦ Joe ♦ Stadanko's Ghost
    Jan-Michael Vincent ♦ Mòrty ♦ Redmer ♦ Durban Diesel ♦ ♛ßecky ♦ Stadanko Jr ♦ Lòzen ♦ Guillermo De la Cruz ♦ Gìnger ♦ Rasta ♦ Gozer
  • Pandorii
    Pandorii
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dominoid wrote: »
    Nice change by ZOS here. Notice there are no hardly any race-specific piercings, hair styles, tattoos, etc in these crates. Thanks for listening.

Edit: There are some superior ones still.

I'm actually quite disappointed that there were SOME. ZOS stated there wouldn't be, and they went back on that.
  • TastesAllColors
    TastesAllColors
    ✭✭✭
    What is the release date?
  • driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    spectre303 wrote: »
    So why did they make the change with the bonus 5th cards? They used to be a guaranteed apex reward. I got the bonus 5th card twice, but instead of apex mount i got an animation and a tattoo.

They were never guaranteed apex. They appear to have a higher quality rate, as the fellows in the drop rate research thread found out. This results in some reporting bias, but your fifth card should have been at least a purple.
    Main: Drio Azul ~ DC, Redguard, Healer/Magicka Templar ~ NA-PC
    ●The Psijic Order●The Sidekick Order●Great House Hlaalu●Bal-Busters●
  • spectre303
    spectre303
    ✭✭✭
    driosketch wrote: »
    So why did they make the change with the bonus 5th cards? They used to be a guaranteed apex reward. I got the bonus 5th card twice, but instead of apex mount i got an animation and a tattoo.

They were never guaranteed apex. They appear to have a higher quality rate, as the fellows in the drop rate research thread found out. This results in some reporting bias, but your fifth card should have been at least a purple.

guess i was just really lucky last season then.
    Edited by spectre303 on March 3, 2017 12:27AM
    Ebonheart Pact ♦ NA ♦ CP 2230
    Ra'Sta ♦ ♛Sergeant Stadanko ♦ ♛Napolèon Dynamite ♦ Brunhilda the Green ♦ ♛Call me Al ♦ Joe ♦ Stadanko's Ghost
    Jan-Michael Vincent ♦ Mòrty ♦ Redmer ♦ Durban Diesel ♦ ♛ßecky ♦ Stadanko Jr ♦ Lòzen ♦ Guillermo De la Cruz ♦ Gìnger ♦ Rasta ♦ Gozer
  • GLP323b14_ESO
    GLP323b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭

Will the Storm Atronach crates return at some point? Or are they 'retired' permanently? If so, will the items that dropped be available by other means?

I'm hoping that by 'season' you mean seasons which periodically repeat at some point.

PC/NA @GP323
  • Balibe
    Balibe
    ✭✭✭✭
    Will the Storm Atronach crates return at some point? Or are they 'retired' permanently? If so, will the items that dropped be available by other means?

I'm hoping that by 'season' you mean seasons which periodically repeat at some point.
    Below is the official post, not sure if you saw it. They said it was retiring, no mention of a return. typically it means it will not be back but who knows with ZOS. They will probably not tell us either way .....

Storm Atronach Crown Crates Retiring Soon
  • merryblues
    merryblues
    ✭✭✭

The wife and I did okay on the Storm crates, just enough reward that we were waiting for the next season. But the Wild Hunt crates were a pretty big disappointment. We bought 30 crates each, and not one quality item, and definitely no apex : the best was an experience scroll, how sad indeed. Only 2 5th cards per 15, and they all sucked. She said she never felt so ripped off before, a total slap in the face. We want to support the game, but this was just a total gouge. I got the same stupid dog pet 7 times. Looks like they managed to take an okay thing and get super greedy with it, and now our faith has been destroyed.
  • Tyrion87
    Tyrion87
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    merryblues wrote: »

The wife and I did okay on the Storm crates, just enough reward that we were waiting for the next season. But the Wild Hunt crates were a pretty big disappointment. We bought 30 crates each, and not one quality item, and definitely no apex : the best was an experience scroll, how sad indeed. Only 2 5th cards per 15, and they all sucked. She said she never felt so ripped off before, a total slap in the face. We want to support the game, but this was just a total gouge. I got the same stupid dog pet 7 times. Looks like they managed to take an okay thing and get super greedy with it, and now our faith has been destroyed.

I tested wild hunt crates too and the drop rate of better items is significantly and noticeably lower. And I don't mean only the apex items. I bought 15 crates and there wasn't even any legendary tier item! I didn't get so many consumables while opening the previous storm atro crates. Something's wrong here... I think that ZOS is cheating us. When storm atro mounts came out, many people were riding them on the first day while now you can't even see people riding the wild hunt ones.
  • albatrossj5
    they are fun but a little expensive to go all in for top prize
  • genericroleplayer92
    Opened around 30 crates myself, really gunning for at the very least that Horse, looks downright baller~ However, the card pack feel of the crates honestly feel very minimal. I'm not opening a pack of hearthstone Cards here, I'm opening a crate to get various things, there ought to be a depth feel to this. Anyone know how long the crates will be themed in the Wild Hunt?

Another thing I'd like is maybe allow the crates to be obtainable either random in game encounter or extremely low drop somewhere? I think that'd be cool~
  • Churga_Hral
    Churga_Hral
    ✭✭✭
    I bought a couple crates a few days ago (with ESO+ crown pieces) and got lucky: 30 triple-restoration potions, which did come in handy as my main quickslot item. I also got a costume I like, and some poison I'll have to try sometime (not on myself). There were also a couple of dud items that I have no use for, but those are the breaks.