Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Returning player needs advice!

boingboingsplatb16_ESO
boingboingsplatb16_ESO
Soul Shriven
Hello - feels like forever since I posted on a forum so please forgive my awkwardness :blush:

I started playing ESO during beta and have been playing on and off since then. I have purchased all the DLC and just preordered Morrowind so feel like I should start playing a bit more.
However, once I log into my level 50 character (Wood Elf Nightblade) , I just do not know where to start!
I could finish the other faction's stories as I have only finished Aldermeri... I could start one of the DLC... I could look into starting my house-thing... or I could just start a new character and work back up

Any recommendations would be appreciated!

Most of the things I attempt to do when I log in tend to one-shot me, but I am putting that down to being out of date with a decent Stamina Nightblade spec so any advice would be welcome too (not well practised in the group dungeons so probably stick to just a solo-spec for now)

• Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Read some guides and catch up on changes, there have been a lot.

Personally I would go run the PvE over zones (AD/DC) whilst you're getting back in the saddle and when you feel confident with how the game controls go run the DLC zones for story/skills.

Thieves Guild - Sneaky stealing.
    Dark Brotherhood - Sneaky killing.
    Orsinium - Massive zone of story.

The other two are just dungeons or a new PvP area, both have good things but are not long term gameplay areas.

Housing just run around looting everything (ESO+ helps with this because of the unlimited* crafting materials bag) and you'll get blueprints and materials required.

Joining a social guild might help you have some people to ask questions in game as well, this means you can always quick check with people when you're unsure about something.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • boingboingsplatb16_ESO
    boingboingsplatb16_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Many thanks for your almost immediate response.
    Am currently reading through some guides, although this is taking a lot longer than it sounds due to the in-game terms that I have to lookup :s
    As soon as I finish work ("yes boss, I am working...") I am logging in and actually accomplish something!
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No problem with the reply, feel free to keep asking questions in this thread and myself or others in the community will help where we can.

The forums community can be a little rude at times but generally with threads such as this we're all willing to chip in and help wherever we can.

If you haven't found them already @MissBizz has a great series of guides for new players, it might help to watch them (even if not entirely new) to remind yourself of mechanics and catch up with any changes.

http://missbizzplays.com/eso/guides
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    One possible problem with the one-shot thing.. it check your gear. With scaling happening now, it's more important to keep your gear up to date - especially if you're just hopping back into the saddle! Questing and such is a good time to get the hang of things, because it's considerably easier than trying group dungeons. Even if you just throw on random looted gear (sets drop far more now) you'll be better off than a really low level set.

Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord