The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

How many attempts on stage 9 final round, did you require for first VMA clear?

WarpigFunk
WarpigFunk
✭✭✭
Just curious ... I'm bashing my soul against this boss at the moment and I'm so close, and he's just a **** in so many ways.
Don't get me wrong I think this is actually a solid and well designed encounter, I'm just confronting my own capacity to fail in a visceral way right now.

I'm on hour 6 or so, JUST on this fight. Over the course of two days. It took me a couple hours just to even sniff the crystal phase - by this point Im consistently getting to the final phase - I've even had 3 wipes where the boss was at like 1%, and a CG got in the way of my ranged interrupt on the bosses necrotic spawn ... fml. Three of those - exact same thing. I had one wipe where everything was stunned and the boss was sitting in a destro ulti that was sure to kill him and 3 white ghosts out of nowhere converged on me ...

So, just wondering if I'm especially inept here or if spending more time on the final boss than the rest of VMA combined is somehow normal for a first clear.

Do you remember how many attempts it took? Let me know.
PS4 [NA]
Hingle McKringleberry - Altmer MagSorc DD The Flawless Conquerer
Sek Sual Chocolate - Redguard StamSorc DD Stormproof
Doktor Feelgood - Breton Templar Healz Boethia's Scythe
Tiberius Asskickatron - Imperial DK StamTank Mageslayer
-VERIFIED-
-FFF-
vAAHM 100k+, vSOHM 100k+, vHRCHM 100k+, vMoL 78k, vDSA 36k, vMA 535k
  • Koolio
    Koolio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    First character Magic Sorc failed for 2+ hours on that boss. Switched my stam NB to Magic. 1.5 hours on day one. 4+ hours on that last boss on day 2 before my first completion. So yea seems normal.
  • Darth_Apache
    Darth_Apache
    ✭✭✭
    I havent even attempted vMA. What level do you recommend for maw?
    "Darth Apache XB1, NA, AD, StamBlade, DW/Bow"
    Insurrection - The Eye - The Nightshade Consortium
    Aldmeri Dominion
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    First clear took about 3 hours on final boss. Second clear took literally 3 minutes (I timed it).

It does take forever to "get," but if you can get to the final boss, you can clear it--and then it's really one of the simpler rounds in subsequent runs.
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
  • ThisIsAKnife
    ThisIsAKnife
    ✭✭
    2 tries
  • WarpigFunk
    WarpigFunk
    ✭✭✭
    Got him ... looted a precise resto staff ... kind of depressing loot after all that, but first clear is in the books at least.

:neutral:

I'll now amend my topic question and ask how many clears did it take you to get a sharpened destro staff?
    PS4 [NA]
    -VERIFIED-
    -FFF-
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MagSorc took like 50-60 attempts at least.

Second attempt, first time!! Unreal.

It's All about the Mechs.
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • GawdSB
    GawdSB
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    About 100 tries tbh.
  • GawdSB
    GawdSB
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That final boss becomes the easiest one after your first clear, you look forward to him because he's so predictable.
  • GrigorijMalahevich
    GrigorijMalahevich
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    First time about 200 deaths and something like 2 hours.

Second try about 5 deaths. After 5th clear it became the easiest round in vma.
    PC/EU 800 CP.
    PvP MagSorc.
    Pedro Gonzales - Mag Sorc EP vMA Flawless Conqueror clear http://imgur.com/a/CB6j6
    Valera Progib - Stam Sorc DC vMA Flawless Conqueror clear https://i.imgur.com/eYgpXG2.png
    Valera Pozhar - Mag DK EP vMA Flawless Conqueror clear http://imgur.com/a/jrsuK
    Valera Podlechi - Mag Templar AD vMA Flawless Conqueror clear http://imgur.com/a/N0BYq
  • Slakter1
    Slakter1
    Soul Shriven
    Did finish it today actualy for the 1 time had some brakes from the game thats why so late. And yes he was the one I spent longest on. What I understand of your op. I would say your movment is whats killing you. And you dont need Anny range interupt have your 3 eye on the boss and when he teleports you can Just walk UP to him and bash him. Take out add first tho. So y do that and dont walk into the ghosts ☺ and you should have your kill. And dont Follow build guide to mutch they are not always for the better. Adapt your stuff on the fly and put in what you are lacking forexample remove your range interupt and add more heal/shields or damage. Good luck.
  • WarpigFunk
    WarpigFunk
    ✭✭✭
    Slakter1 wrote: »
    Did finish it today actualy for the 1 time had some brakes from the game thats why so late. And yes he was the one I spent longest on. What I understand of your op. I would say your movment is whats killing you. And you dont need Anny range interupt have your 3 eye on the boss and when he teleports you can Just walk UP to him and bash him. Take out add first tho. So y do that and dont walk into the ghosts ☺ and you should have your kill. And dont Follow build guide to mutch they are not always for the better. Adapt your stuff on the fly and put in what you are lacking forexample remove your range interupt and add more heal/shields or damage. Good luck.

Yea I killed him. I didnt really use a build guide - I went 2pc ilambris, 5 pcs BSW, 3 pc Aether, and random staffs. Lightning front bar, inferno back bar. I had hardened ward, crushing shock, crystal frag, aegis and inner light on front, I had harness magicka, LL, blockade, power surge, and aegis on back. I didnt unse overload at all - I had shooting star front bar and destro ulti back bar.

Just nuked him with destro ulti to start pushes him right to crystal phase - crystal phase is simple once you learn it, final phase I nuked him to start then got some ghosts, killed a CG, and just concentrated on boss - I ignored summoners. Never got the stun off - just straight up killed him with shock/ LA weaves.
    PS4 [NA]
    -VERIFIED-
    -FFF-
  • Lukums1
    Lukums1
    ✭✭✭✭
    Pretty sure it took me over 3 hours with 100 + deaths 12 months ago give or take.

A challenging fight to understand but as mentioned above once it's worked out it's much easier than some other fights in the arena hands down.
    PS4 Yellow Scum Dominion
    1600+ vMA runs and counting
    Magicka Sorc - Flawless - 544k Score
    Stam Sorc - Flawless - 559k Score
    Stam DK - FLAWLESS 512k Score
    Stam NB - 492k Score - Work in progress
    Magicka Temp - 482k Score

The Ozmeric Dominion (Oceanic) Australian Based Guild

vMA "guru" - VHRC - vSO - vSOHM - vDSA - vAA - vMOL
    The Maelstrom BIBLE for beginners/Flawless Achieve Below
    https://www.twitch.tv/lukumms/v/111730700
    https://www.twitch.tv/videos/181142505

You have vMA questions? Want a guide? Helping hand? PM me!

Returns after 6 months back to back flawless
    https://go.twitch.tv/videos/180384648

• jakeedmundson
    jakeedmundson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not to be "that guy"... but my first full run through vma... the last round took me one attempt. no deaths.

But round 3 and 7 beat me down hard before round 9.
    CP690
    Lv 50 Dunmer DragonKnight Tank/Dps
    Lv 50 Altmer Sorcerer Dps
    Lv 50 Breton Templar Healer/Dps
    Lv 50 Altmer Nightblade Dps
    Lv 50 Redguard Sorcerer Dps
    PS4 - DC
    vSOHM - vAAHM - vHRC - vMA Flawless

My version of a Heavy Attack Sorc build
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/294724/magicka-sorc-heavy-attack-build-homestead-ready/p1?new=1
  • BNOC
    BNOC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    200+ soul gems.

My first full complete took about 16-18 hours in one sitting, this was back when it just came out and it wasn't as faceroll though.

Just save the defence sigil for when you get down from the crystals and you should be fine, that's how I done my first complete.

People are right as well, it becomes a very easy fight once you've done it.
    vMSA - Magplar - Xbox EU - 15/11/16
    578,000 - 36 Minutes 58 Seconds (Top 2 World?)

vMSA - Magplar - Xbox NA
    569,000 - 40 minutes (350CP, Non optimised runs)
  • Cimadon
    Cimadon
    ✭✭✭
    2 hours i think, maybe 30 deaths. Phew. Just cleared it aswell. Something I never thought I would do. :)
  • Danksta
    Danksta
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I died more on the final round of the final stage than I did the rest of the entire arena, which was well over 100 times.
    BawKinTackWarDs PS4/NA

• Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll let you know when I get there. :cry:
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Father_X_Zombie
    Father_X_Zombie
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well over 100 times
    GT: AK x Zombie

Marcurio Avidius - Breton Sorcerer - The Flawless Conquerer - General
    Raven Avidius - Imperial Nightblade - Stormproof
    Cicero Avidius - Imperial Templar - First Sergeant
    Audens Avidius - Breton Templar - Stormproof
    Jimi Hendrix - Redguard Dragonknight - Stormproof
    Leliana Artaine - Breton Nightblade - Stormproof
    Brutus Decinus - Imperial Sorcerer - Stormproof AD
    Wait aren't you DC - Dark elf Nightblade EP
    Achilleus Infernium - Breton Dragonknight
    Claudia Aurella - Imperial Warden
    DC NA XB1

RIP XB1 NA Chillrend 2015-2017
    Home to emp farmers and roleplayers
    Put out of its misery by Brian Wheeler

• Mattoxx96
    Mattoxx96
    ✭✭
    First vet maelstrom took me about 30+ tries. I can manage to get it down to about 2-4 tries now, I tend to do the whole arena with 9-15 deaths that's using sigils very strictly
  • MrBrandon
    MrBrandon
    ✭✭✭
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    About 4 different sittings. My final sitting (where I beat it) was 6 hours. Lol
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • Olupajmibanan
    Olupajmibanan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Took me couple of hours on a magplar.

Biggest difficulty spike (to lower) for me was abandoning 16k gold and buying tripots. These little friends were a huge step, especially in the second phase.

I usually do this:
    1. Start near the defensive sigal, deal the most damage you can until he teleports away
    2. Immediately grab defensive sigal and kill the add (do not interrupt the boss)
    3. Kill the creamatorial guard and then bring boss to 70%
    4. Kill the add (the mender one) and then grab power sigal and go to second phase
    5. Kill two crystals and the third with ultimate (meteor or dawnbreaker), this way you should be able to kill all three in one run
    6. When thrown down, grab the haste sigal and immediately interrupt the boss
    7. Grab gold ghosts (haste sigal will help a lot), kill one summoner
    8. Do not bother with killing second summoner, wait till crematorial spawns and then use Spectral Explosion synergy.
    9. If you do it right, you stunned crematorial right near the boss, so throw down meteor which will take care of it
    10. Just burn the boss to death
  • NinthPrince64
    NinthPrince64
    ✭✭✭
    250 - 300. The first time I tried Stage 9, in took me 9 hours to get to the final boss (round 6). Looking back on it, that seems incredible. No complaints, though.
  • xboxone1Q
    xboxone1Q
    ✭✭✭
    Stuck on frozen blood on Templar :/
  • phillyproduct
    phillyproduct
    ✭✭✭
    Stam nb i did it back when they gave you 500 live blew 200 on fb spent 8hours 1 Saturday on it quit got about 30cp tried agaiN got it still took like 100 lives
    CP-750 orc nighblade ebonheart NA
    Dark elf sorc ebonheart
    Orc templar
    Dark elf Dragon knight
    Redguard warden

Vet CoA saved the day https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S616Dhc2Yu4
  • FlyLionel
    FlyLionel
    ✭✭✭✭
    WarpigFunk wrote: »
    Got him ... looted a precise resto staff ... kind of depressing loot after all that, but first clear is in the books at least.

I'll now amend my topic question and ask how many clears did it take you to get a sharpened destro staff?

Exactly what I got. Recently I got sharpened 2h axe and inferno sharpened one after the other. To answer the question around the 40s atm, still need sharpened 1handers so I can officially retire from that place...Or maybe I need 2 sharpened inferno staffs? Lol..
    The Flyers
  • WarpigFunk
    WarpigFunk
    ✭✭✭
    FlyLionel wrote: »
    WarpigFunk wrote: »

Exactly what I got. Recently I got sharpened 2h axe and inferno sharpened one after the other. To answer the question around the 40s atm, still need sharpened 1handers so I can officially retire from that place...Or maybe I need 2 sharpened inferno staffs? Lol..

Since making this topic I've looted sharpened daggers, sharpened GS, sharpened Maul, Sharpened bow, Precise bow, Precise Lightning staff, and multiple nirnhoned bows and staffs.

I am still earnestly hunting for sharpened staffs tho. Have my clears down to around 1 hour and 8-12/15.
    PS4 [NA]
    -VERIFIED-
    -FFF-
  • Saint_Bud
    Saint_Bud
    ✭✭✭✭
    At first time at endboss i give up after 6h total dungeons time (the rounds wasnt saved when it cames out). Next try after 6h again at the endboss an beat him.
    PVP Saint-Bud magicka Templar: AR 49
    PVE Lord Victarion mDK : dro'm-Athra-Destroyer pre Morrowind retired for crafting
    PVE Ramsay-Bolton magicka NB: Voice of Reason Clockwork City Patch retired
    VAA hm/ VHRC hm/ VSO hm/ VMOL hm/ VHOF hm/ VAS hm clear

Stop playing PVE because its boring, content not disigned for melee players and class balance and sustain is ***
  • SquareSausage
    SquareSausage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    About 6 hours probably.

Once became confident at passing stage one, and getting upstairs, itbecame easy.

At that point didnt know the crematoral Guard dance and mostly ate his breath and died, lol.
    Breakfast King
    PS4 EU
  • Syrusthevirus187
    Syrusthevirus187
    ✭✭✭✭
    Not to be "that guy"... but my first full run through vma... the last round took me one attempt. no deaths.

But round 3 and 7 beat me down hard before round 9.

Bollix