Maintenance for the week of May 20:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 20
• NA megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• EU megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC) https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/658773

Console DPS?

THEDKEXPERIENCE
THEDKEXPERIENCE
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭
In the few days since skeletons were added to the consoles I have yet to see anyone have a DPS score above 20k. Highest I've gotten is about 17k on my PVP build which usually hits VERY hard in Cyrodiil. I am wearing all heavy though so I'm sure I could get it higher.

I've heard stories of people hitting 50k DPS on PC. What's the highest people have gotten on the DPS dummy on their console?
  • DannyLV702
    DannyLV702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It's really not hard to hit 35k. You're going to need a pve build tho :#
    Options
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So how can you measure DPS on consoles now? Calculating the time you need to get the Skeletons HP to 0?
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
    Options
  • THEDKEXPERIENCE
    THEDKEXPERIENCE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Seraphayel wrote: »
    So how can you measure DPS on consoles now? Calculating the time you need to get the Skeletons HP to 0?

Yeah. Kill it down from 3 million, and see what the score is. Your DPS pops up in a chat box.
    Edited by THEDKEXPERIENCE on February 24, 2017 9:48PM
    Options
  • IronCrystal
    IronCrystal
    ✭✭✭✭✭

At least on PC, I assume the same on console, it spits out the dps in the chat.
    In the few days since skeletons were added to the consoles I have yet to see anyone have a DPS score above 20k. Highest I've gotten is about 17k on my PVP build which usually hits VERY hard in Cyrodiil. I am wearing all heavy though so I'm sure I could get it higher.

I've heard stories of people hitting 50k DPS on PC. What's the highest people have gotten on the DPS dummy on their console?

PvP builds are never built for dps. You need a PvE build. The DPS dummy is not for testing pvp builds.

As demonstration, I used onslaught while fully buffed on a skeleton. I did 148.9k damage. I have never done more than 29k on a player with that ability.
    Make PC NA raiding great again!

Down with drama!

What Mechanics Healer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer

Homestead Raid Scores
    vHRC 157,030
    vAA 138,287
    vSO 153,393
    vMoL 154,550

Not raiding in Morrowind
    Options
  • Danksta
    Danksta
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I'm pretty sure it does the math for you and tells you in chat. You could always figure it out on console though, you just needed a tank and do the Bloodspawn test (or whatever stationary boss fight you prefer) and then do then do the math your self.
    BawKinTackWarDs PS4/NA

Options
  • THEDKEXPERIENCE
    THEDKEXPERIENCE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

At least on PC, I assume the same on console, it spits out the dps in the chat.

PvP builds are never built for dps. You need a PvE build. The DPS dummy is not for testing pvp builds.

As demonstration, I used onslaught while fully buffed on a skeleton. I did 148.9k damage. I have never done more than 29k on a player with that ability.

Cool. The PVE build thing makes sense. It was a bit disheartening going from a night of great PVP killings to finding out that my dominant PVP damage still equated to wet noodle.
    Options
  • Syrani
    Syrani
    ✭✭✭✭
    I am pretty sure that "50k on PC" thing is with full raid buffs, and I am not entirely sure it's pure single target - there may be an add or two in those parses. Someone who knows more can chime in.

As for measuring DPS against the target dummy on console - the system spits out your DPS in the chat log now, at least against the dummy.
    Options
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Keep in mind, people hitting 50k DPS are definitely not doing it self-buffed. What buffs/debuffs are running will make quite a difference in your DPS too.
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
    Options
  • Ghost-Shot
    Ghost-Shot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Target dummies are not for dps parses, but if you are doing everything self buffed you should be in the 35k range with a proper pve build. If you get some people to provide full raid buffs then you should be able to hit the 50k mark on a dummy as its completely stationary, but what you can parse on a dummy in general isn't representative of your dps in a raid or dungeon. Just use it to practice rotations, that's what they're for.
    Options
  • Attackopsn
    Attackopsn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Syrani wrote: »
    I am pretty sure that "50k on PC" thing is with full raid buffs, and I am not entirely sure it's pure single target - there may be an add or two in those parses. Someone who knows more can chime in.

As for measuring DPS against the target dummy on console - the system spits out your DPS in the chat log now, at least against the dummy.

This 50k is done with raid buffs and is fully single target. 100% do able on console.
    ign: ATTACKO
    PS4 NA
    First NA Completion of VMoL Hard Mode

Options
  • Horowonnoe
    Horowonnoe
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The "50k on PC" is raid dps, in a good group, with good positioning, with full raid buffs. And can be done on single target, but as i said, you need all the before mentioned things to do that, also you yourself have to be a good player to achieve that number.
    PC / NA
    Templar Healer "False Eye"
    Sorc Healer "Potema the Wolf Queen"
    Warden Healer "Heavy Attacks Online"
    Magicka Nightblade DPS "Nephaleth Telvanni"
    Dragonknight Tank "Nico's Facsimile"

Builds & Guides:
    Horow's Templar Healer Guide for Trials (Murkmire updated)
    How to get Felms to jump correctly in vAS HM?
    Horow's vMA Magicka Sorc Build for beginners and lazy farmers
    Horow's Magicka Sorc Triple Pet Heavy Attack Build - Summerset Isles Ready
    More builds at anthem-guild.com/pve/.

Notable Achievements:
    - World's first 18 Axes vAA clear
    - World's first 20+ enrage stack Llothis in vAS HM and World record cone damage
    Options
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Danksta wrote: »

I'm pretty sure it does the math for you and tells you in chat. You could always figure it out on console though, you just needed a tank and do the Bloodspawn test (or whatever stationary boss fight you prefer) and then do then do the math your self.

Thank you @all for clarifying this.

When I do DPS tests the overall DPS is not what I care most about, its the result for each and every skill I used (skill a) dealing 10%, skill b) 6% of damage etc). Pretty disappointing that this isn't possible on console.
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
    Options
  • Syrani
    Syrani
    ✭✭✭✭
    Horowonnoe wrote: »

The "50k on PC" is raid dps, in a good group, with good positioning, with full raid buffs. And can be done on single target, but as i said, you need all the before mentioned things to do that, also you yourself have to be a good player to achieve that number.

I imagine you also need very little lag - lag will cause your numbers to drop. I wonder if there is a chart somewhere for "DPS parse with a little bit of lag", "DPS parse with a medium amount of lag", and "DPS parse with humongously #%*& lag".
    Options
  • Izaki
    Izaki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

41.3k on a stamina nightblade self buffed on the 3mil dummy.

You can't just turn up in a PvP build without a proper rotation and expect to have good DPS. DPS in PvE is lots of work, practice and testing. PvP builds are "jack of all trades" you must be able to survive, heal and do damage at the same time. A DPS build in PvE, is just that, damage, while sacrificing your survivability. You're working with the minimum defense possible (you still need to survive one-shots, be able to heal yourself or shield up, etc.) to achieve the highest DPS possible. You also have a set rotation where you get skills that work well together and layer them (primarily DoTs). So yeah, get a PvE build done, master your rotation and you'll get to around 35k which is perfectly fine. From there, you can work towards higher numbers! :)

Also 50k self buffed on a target dummy is so unlikely that its borderline impossible. Self buffed means only Major Fracture and Major Breach as well as all your own buffs from your build (potions etc.).
    The "stories" of 50k DPS are mostly trial parses where you have tons of groups buffs and a few adds or buffed DPS checks on the target dummy (group support with Warhorn, SPC, Combat Prayer, etc.)

A reasonable number to aim for while starting out with the DPS checks is 35k self buffed.

PS: Stamina NB is considered one of the 3 worst classes/specs for DPS along with stamina templar (the worst) and magicka nightblade. ;)
    Edited by Izaki on February 24, 2017 10:31PM
    @ Izaki #PCEU
    #FrenchKiss #GoneFor2YearsAndMyGuildDoesn'tRaidAnymore
    #MoreDPSthanYou
    #Stamblade
    Options
  • THEDKEXPERIENCE
    THEDKEXPERIENCE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for all the good info everyone. I'm happy that we console folk have something now. Appreciate the feedback.

I like my PVP build now so I'll leave more testing for another day.
    Options
  • Izaki
    Izaki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Thanks for all the good info everyone. I'm happy that we console folk have something now. Appreciate the feedback.

I suppose you're playing a DK? Check out some guides from Alcast to get an idea of PvE builds and rotations. From there you can tweak and test things to your liking until you find the "sweet spot".
    @ Izaki #PCEU
    #FrenchKiss #GoneFor2YearsAndMyGuildDoesn'tRaidAnymore
    #MoreDPSthanYou
    #Stamblade
    Options
  • THEDKEXPERIENCE
    THEDKEXPERIENCE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

I suppose you're playing a DK? Check out some guides from Alcast to get an idea of PvE builds and rotations. From there you can tweak and test things to your liking until you find the "sweet spot".

I'm a Magplar. My initials in real life are DK and it's been my gamertag for about a decade. I get asked this twice a week. Haha.

But thank you.
    Options
  • Bobby_V_Rockit
    Bobby_V_Rockit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I cant break 18k, must be either the (very) noticable lag or that I cant animation cancel
    Options
  • hedna123b14_ESO
    hedna123b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Anyone pulling 50k dps on the target dummy is using raid buffs...
    Options
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DannyLV702 wrote: »

I'd like to see some screenshots and short vids with class race info.
    I'm not saying it's not possible but ppl tend to generalize as well as using some methods we see that's argued as cheating.

I'm just below 20k dps but I don't claim to have high dps or a "rotation"
    Edited by NewBlacksmurf on March 2, 2017 12:22AM
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
    Options
  • BruceLeeroy91
    BruceLeeroy91
    ✭✭✭

I'm not saying it's not possible but ppl tend to generalize as well as using some methods we see that's argued as cheating.

I am very curios also

Edited by BruceLeeroy91 on March 2, 2017 12:30AM
    Options
  • film
    film
    ✭✭✭

I am very curios also

You can see someone hit that here ->

Follow the stream if you like the stream. Marry the stream if you love the stream.
    Options
  • waterfairy
    waterfairy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I cant break 18k, must be either the (very) noticable lag or that I cant animation cancel

Animation cancel and meta proc sets...I don't use them so I don't pull the high numbers either. It's sad that's what zos wants dps to be
    Options
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    film wrote: »

I am very curios also

@film

That's what I suspected in some cases....it's in a group so even tho the other person isn't doing dps this doesn't eliminate buffs, etc

My highest solo dps is 16-18k with no food buffs, no group buffs
    I'm curious if they did it or if that's you, if you can record a very short vid of solo unbuffed dps from start to finish and see the msg
    Options
  • Surgee
    Surgee
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm sure it's possible. I've tested just once. I have 16k with a slow start on my tank (lvl 421 champ,sword n board, 39k health and 33k stam with blue food and around 30k res). My gear isnt even that good and my build is made to support the team.
    Edited by Surgee on March 2, 2017 1:13AM
    Options
  • film
    film
    ✭✭✭

I am very curios also

@film

That's what I suspected in some cases....it's in a group so even tho the other person isn't doing dps this doesn't eliminate buffs, etc

I'm curious if they did it or if that's you, if you can record a very short vid of solo unbuffed dps from start to finish and see the msg

That isn't me -- That's ATTACKO and his output will always be higher than mine. I rarely run trials although I am in a really cool PvE guild.

I 100% think in PvE gear you could do more than 20k DPS solo but the problem is sustain and it's not really practical imo to test PvE rotations without the help with sustain. I don't think it's fair to you or the numbers (as you would have to change your gear which wouldn't be worth it as your rotation wouldn't be solid if you didn't get this sustain anyways).

*Edited because I caught spelling errors :(
    Edited by film on March 2, 2017 1:15AM

Follow the stream if you like the stream. Marry the stream if you love the stream.
    Options
  • ethanthefox
    ethanthefox
    ✭✭
    Im playing on PS4, Im hitting like 32-33k with a Magplar on the 3 mil skeleton with only Ele drain buff.(and I still have room for improvement) CP placement is important, gear is important but the most important is your rotation. Tigthten your rotation, practice, practice, practice. You can always improve it. Make sure you reapply your dots at the exact time they are running out. Before= Dps loss, Too late= Dps loss
    Edited by ethanthefox on March 2, 2017 1:33AM
    Options
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I am very curios also

@film

That isn't me -- That's ATTACKO and his output will always be higher than mine. I rarely run trials although I am in a really cool PvE guild.

I 100% think in PvE gear you could do more than 20k DPS solo but the problem is sustain and it's not really practical imo to test PvE rotations without the help with sustain. I don't think it's fair to you or the numbers (as you would have to change your gear which wouldn't be worth it as your rotation wouldn't be solid if you didn't get this sustain anyways).

*Edited because I caught spelling errors :(

@film

Yea. That's where we are going with this. Sustained cause even if you stop the dummy will give you a meter msg but that's only after the DOTs and stuff stop so u'll loose dps waiting. I'm very happy with my low score of 14k and high score of 17.6k
    Edited by NewBlacksmurf on March 2, 2017 1:33AM
    Options
  • Aurielle
    Aurielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I gotta say, the target dummy is a godsend. I've been reluctant to do any significant grouping for a while now, as I've had some bad luck with folks who just want to blast through random normals as quickly as possible. I figured my DPS was lacking, but I didn't realize HOW lacking it was. The dummy has made it much easier to test out gear combos and practice rotations. Thanks, ZOS! For the first time in a while, I feel like I've finally paid crowns for something that's actually worth the money (yeah, yeah, I know I could have gotten it in-game eventually... It was an impulse buy).

Now we just need those buff timers.
    Options
  • Bobby_V_Rockit
    Bobby_V_Rockit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its strange though, in group finder dungeons my weapon damage goes up to 4200+ unbuffed, whereas with the dummy its only 3300, so DPS in GF dungeons would be substantially higher. If I solo normal dungeons though it stays at 3.3k
    Options