The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Last two AMD drivers cause flickering Grass so heavily grass has to be turned off or driver reverted

• adamastorx
    adamastorx
    ✭✭
    Great, just returning after a long hiatus and saw all that flickering...

Installing it now.
    Lexcro wrote: »
    17.4.1 fixes this by the looks of it.

Just logged in, checked char screen and ran around Bleakrock with no issues.

Get it now :smiley:

• Vararrand
    Vararrand
    ✭✭
    I can confirm this, Non-WHQL-Win7-64Bit-Radeon-Software-Crimson-ReLive-17.4.1-Mar31 resolved the flickering for me.. I hope the next Ryzen chipset drivers fixes the Eso crash with my new 1800X system and everything's fine.
    Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they aren't after you. (Joseph Heller)
  • Lexcro
    Lexcro
    ✭✭
    Just realised that virtual super resolution is now not working in 17.4.1......I mean REALLY....another bug?
    People deserve to be treated with respect, even on the internet.
  • Thermoluminescence
    Nice to see it finally fixed.

Thank you, whoever is responsible.
    Art is a lie that makes us realize truth.
  • Drelkag
    Drelkag
    ✭✭✭
    Nice. Just got done with my coursework for the semester and hopping back in the game. Glad to see it's fixed.
    @drelkag on the NA server
  • AlienatedGoat
    AlienatedGoat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    RX 480 here.

Using 17.4.2 with no flickering. I'll keep an eye on it but it seems to be going fine so far.
    PC-NA Goat
  • MidnightSiren
    MidnightSiren
    Soul Shriven
    It looks like with 17.4.2 the problem is gone thank goodness.
  • Oldar
    Oldar
    ✭✭
    User of an AMD Fury Nitro+ in Windows 7 Ultimate 64-Bit here.

After the latest patch 17.5.2 it seems the problem solved. For the record, I share this info with you guys:
    - 17.3.3 without flickering problems
    - 17.4.1 without flickering problems
    - 17.4.2 I had not test them
    - 17.4.3 with flickering problems
    - 17.4.4 with flickering problems
    - 17.5.1 with flickering problems

I hope this helps.
    Edited by Oldar on May 20, 2017 12:39PM
  • Shadowshire
    Shadowshire
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_PeterT

Perhaps it has no relevance to this issue, but I have not seen any mention of the following Windows Update:

Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. driver update for AMD SMBus (released & installed 03/31/2017 on my computer)

Which is to say, many people do not keep their Windows OS updated. Regardless, I don't intend to start an off-topic discussion of Windows Update, just to give a heads up.

--- Shadowshire .......... ESO Plus on PC NA with Windows 7 Pro SP1

nil carborundum illegitimi