The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Group finder still broken?

zacvanm
zacvanm
✭✭✭
Can we get an honest fix for dungeon group finder? Please?!?! Being mainly a DPS using this tool when my friends are offline is ridiculous. I queued for a dungeon over 2 HOURS ago, to the point where I forgot I had queued, and our group was immediately disbanded. So waiting for 2+ hours and THEN having to wait another 15 minutes to queue?

Why is this still a thing? Why why why? I used to log out and back in to skip the 15 minute penalty, but now that's not a thing either? Even the relogging is sketchy on PS4 because I may not be able to log back into that character for a while. Can we PLEASE fix this game?
EP Nord StamDK PvP
EP Breton Magplar PvP/PvE
1750cp
PS-NA
  • NeKryXe
    NeKryXe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i was doing 2 to 3 dungeons everyday before the homestead update, and since then i couldn't do more than 3 in 15 days. i have the same problem, waiting 4 to 6 hours even for a random dungeon, and usually it never starts or if it does i get a weird message informing me that the group is not viable.

i really don't understand why they changed the group finder with the homestead update since there's no relation at all with the houses O_o

anyway, i already talked to a few friends and we are all facing the same problems with the group finder. the best thing is to forget it. try to find a group on a guild or in chat, or, like i did, just pick something else. the group finder is dead :)
    Edited by NeKryXe on February 22, 2017 12:50PM
  • zacvanm
    zacvanm
    ✭✭✭
    Unfortunately I play when my guildies are asleep. 2nd shift life :(
    EP Nord StamDK PvP
    1750cp
    PS-NA
  • parkham
    parkham
    ✭✭✭
    The only time I've had trouble (I just stared using it though) is when I was already in a < 4 person group and then tried to use the group finder. If I'm solo and use it for random dungeons, I'm usually in a group in less than 20 seconds (tank).

PC-NA-EST

- All's Faire Guild
    - Divine Crusade Guild
    - Greybeards & Gals Guild
    - Dead Citizens Guild
  • VagabondLife
    VagabondLife
    ✭✭✭✭
    Group Finder is still super broken.

Last night I queued as DPS for random normal. Usually takes around 5 minutes for queue to pop. 20 minutes in I get a message that my random dungeon is ready (doesn't tell me which one), I hit the Teleport button, and then... nothing. Dungeon finder is stuck on "Group Forming" and every option is grayed out. I can't leave the queue, can't leave the group I'm not actually in - nothing. By then I was soloing a dungeon and didn't want to relog so I figured I'd just leave it like that. 30 minutes later, with absolutely no warning, I'm suddenly teleported to City of Ash II. Two of the other three group members have gone AFK in the meantime and never come back. The third is completely confused by why she's there, informs me it's past her bedtime, and logs off. I leave group, curse at the game for a few minutes, then go to bed. Zero dungeons accomplished.

@ZOS_GinaBruno PLEASE fix this...
  • zacvanm
    zacvanm
    ✭✭✭
    Group Finder is still super broken.

Last night I queued as DPS for random normal. Usually takes around 5 minutes for queue to pop. 20 minutes in I get a message that my random dungeon is ready (doesn't tell me which one), I hit the Teleport button, and then... nothing. Dungeon finder is stuck on "Group Forming" and every option is grayed out. I can't leave the queue, can't leave the group I'm not actually in - nothing. By then I was soloing a dungeon and didn't want to relog so I figured I'd just leave it like that. 30 minutes later, with absolutely no warning, I'm suddenly teleported to City of Ash II. Two of the other three group members have gone AFK in the meantime and never come back. The third is completely confused by why she's there, informs me it's past her bedtime, and logs off. I leave group, curse at the game for a few minutes, then go to bed. Zero dungeons accomplished.

@ZOS_GinaBruno PLEASE fix this...

I've had that exact thing happen to me. Start one dungeon solo, then randomly get pulled into another with "my group" and they don't know what's happening. So frustrating.
    EP Nord StamDK PvP
    1750cp
    PS-NA
  • SolarCat02
    SolarCat02
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's very buggy...

One of my officers on Xbox last night got pulled into five different dungeon groups when he queued on his tank, being automatically ported from one to the next. He never got to stay long enough to actually run any of the dungeons.
    Why be normal when you can be better?

Elissandra Ravenwing, Magicka Dragonknight Healer
    Lady Kalila, Stamina Templar DPS
    Stands-in-Danger, Nightblade Saptank
    Zalarah, Stamina Dragonknight DPS
  • zacvanm
    zacvanm
    ✭✭✭
    It's about as broken as CCs in PvP right now. Smh.
    EP Nord StamDK PvP
    1750cp
    PS-NA
  • timb16_ESO85
    timb16_ESO85
    ✭✭✭✭
    The worst part is that, if you find a group and somebody leaves halfway through, the lfg finder is not able to find a replacement (c'mon, dps schould fill instantly), which means if some idiot expected a dungeon to be finished in 5-10 minutes and leaves halfway, the group basically all have to quit and requeue for a new dungeon, since it is hard to finish with only one dps and no new one can be found.
  • zacvanm
    zacvanm
    ✭✭✭
    Sadly Zeni is worried about pets making noises. I'm glad they're taking a look at PvP this week, but when I'm not in cyro I'd like to find a dungeon group. So much to be fixed right now.
    EP Nord StamDK PvP
    1750cp
    PS-NA
  • kewl
    kewl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can't think of a time it ever worked as it should. ZO$ this is basic mmo functionally. You appear incompetent and out of touch with your customers.
  • zacvanm
    zacvanm
    ✭✭✭
    Today seems to be working fine, and I've been able to farm bsw like I was before. Solo just takes too long
    EP Nord StamDK PvP
    1750cp
    PS-NA