The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Haunting Curse bug

Virusx01
Virusx01
Is anyone else finding themselves with curse still applied to you even after you die? Ill respawn and still have the "Echo" effect still applied. I think this is due to diying and respawning immediately while curse is applied.
DC - DK
AD - NB
MAGIKA MASTER CLASS

The Khaos Brigade
  • skvll
    skvll
    ✭✭
    Yes, I died, reds @ bleakers, went out from the gate and boom, 5k damage.
    skvll, co-Guild Master
    The Epic Fail PvP Guild EP (PC/EU)

Zerg Squad - PvP Guild AD (PC/EU)
    Laufey llvks, DK lvl 50 AD (PvE)
    Nikolà Tesla, Sorcerer lvl 50 AD (PvP/PvE)
    Yefual, Stamplar lvl 50 AD (PvP/PvE)
    Signifer lux dei, mageplar lvl 50 AD (PvP/PvE)

Tesla Drakonis, Sorcerer lvl 50 EP (PvP)
    The Epic Ker, mageblade lvl 50 EP (PvP)
    Van Healsing, mageplar lvl 50 EP (PvP)
  • FriedEggSandwich
    FriedEggSandwich
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol?
    PC | EU
  • Ankael07
    Ankael07
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Well its haunting you afterall
    If you want me to reply to your comment type @Ankael07 in it.
  • Johngo0036
    Johngo0036
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    even worse why is it still on me after i kill the sorc who cast it..
    PC EU Megaserver
    @Johngo0036
    CP900+
    Altmer Magicka Sorcerer |The-Irritable-Witch(DC)
    Orc Stamina Dragonknight | Gru-Bolar(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka Nightblade | Chewbucca(DC)
    Khajit Stamina Nightblade | Gleaming Daggers(DC)
    Altmer Magicka Nightblade | Miss Chewbucca(EP)
    Argonian Magicka Templar | Walks-With-Friends(EP)
    Argonian Templar Healer | Dr Toxic(EP)
    Orc Stamina Sorc | Lady Streaks-Alot(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka DK | Whips-n-Chains(DC)
    Nord Warden | Demi Tank(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka Warden | Crafter-O-Crafts(DC)
    Bosmer Stamplar | Forest-Plump(DC)
    Argonian Hybrid Nb | Men-O-Paws(DC)
    Bosmer Stamblade | 'Maui(AD)
    Altmer Magicka Sorcerer | Mid-Life-Crisis(AD)

• Glamdring
    Glamdring
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Curse need to be looked at for sure. @ZOS_BrianWheeler
  • lostavalon
    lostavalon
    ✭✭✭
    Didnt they make it like this? Thort i seen it in the patch notes
    Edited by lostavalon on February 21, 2017 1:22PM
    @Choof
    Kontrol Freek - Sorcerer
    PC/NA
  • FriedEggSandwich
    FriedEggSandwich
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lostavalon wrote: »

It probably shouldn't do 5k damage to you after you've already died and re-spawned again. It's like the ultimate t-bag.
    PC | EU
  • Dagoth_Rac
    Dagoth_Rac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The Curse persists through death, by design in the latest Update, mostly to do AoE damage to other players/NPCs around you. They could probably look into something like auto-purging upon respawn, but I definitely hope they do not stop Curse from continuing to explode beyond initial target's death. It is a really unique and neat feature of Curse.
  • xboxNA corin6
    xboxNA corin6
    ✭✭✭
    Dagoth_Rac wrote: »
    The Curse persists through death, by design in the latest Update, mostly to do AoE damage to other players/NPCs around you. They could probably look into something like auto-purging upon respawn, but I definitely hope they do not stop Curse from continuing to explode beyond initial target's death. It is a really unique and neat feature of Curse.
    Qft so people are aware. Persistence through rezing seems kind of cool from a necromancer stand point :p however taking 5k from respawning shouldn't be too big of a deal, since you probably respawn with more than 5k HP and no enemies around you, so shouldn't be too game breaking however should be fixed. I think haunting should persist through rez as I'm an evil magicka sorcerer >:D
    I'm a magsorc
  • Dagoth_Rac
    Dagoth_Rac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dagoth_Rac wrote: »
    Qft so people are aware. Persistence through rezing seems kind of cool from a necromancer stand point :p however taking 5k from respawning shouldn't be too big of a deal, since you probably respawn with more than 5k HP and no enemies around you, so shouldn't be too game breaking however should be fixed. I think haunting should persist through rez as I'm an evil magicka sorcerer >:D

I would agree with persisting through battlefield rez! Not sure about releasing to a keep, though. I could see it auto-purging if you despawn and release to a keep. I mostly PvE as a sorc and love that Curse can now be used on trash and not just bosses. All those double-exploding dead trash in big Vet Maw pulls make me smile. I mostly PvP as a Templar and getting hit with AoE damage from a body I rezzing (since as a Templar I am kind of de facto group rez man) would sure be an unpleasant surprise. But I am far from world's greatest PvP player so frequent unexpected deaths are kind of par for the course for me. And the AoE damage from Curse is not as strong as single target element of Curse, so it does not feel OP or anything.
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It probably shouldn't do 5k damage to you after you've already died and re-spawned again. It's like the ultimate t-bag.

It probably should get a rework asap.

It´s a super strong nobrainer zerg ability as it stands. We fought a grp of 5 absolutely terrible sorcs yesterday. The only feat they achieved was cursing our stam players every 12s.
    Which alone with the possibility of mages wrath explosion puts you in the defensive.

In the end they lost - but the pressure added by an ability only used every 12s is enormous. I think it´s way overperforming.

My proposal would be to rework daedric prey into an actual 12s dot dealing dmg every 2s for 33% of the current curse dmg.
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

• xboxNA corin6
    xboxNA corin6
    ✭✭✭
    Derra wrote: »

It´s a super strong nobrainer zerg ability as it stands. We fought a grp of 5 absolutely terrible sorcs yesterday. The only feat they achieved was cursing our stam players every 12s.
    Which alone with the possibility of mages wrath explosion puts you in the defensive.

In the end they lost - but the pressure added by an ability only used every 12s is enormous. I think it´s way overperforming.

My proposal would be to rework daedric prey into an actual 12s dot dealing dmg every 2s for 33% of the current curse dmg.

Uh, what? Anti Sorcerer bias alert. You still won and want nerfs ***
    I'm a magsorc
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I main a sorc. I think it was overbuffed.
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

• xboxNA corin6
    xboxNA corin6
    ✭✭✭

I have not played with the new curse, but I don't really see how it's different when those sorcerers could just apply it every 3.5 seconds like always. Mabye it crutches bad players, but it doesn't change anything for good players imo, but then again I have not tested it yet.
    I'm a magsorc
  • FriedEggSandwich
    FriedEggSandwich
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Totally agree, curse is an embarrassment as is. I think it's been turned into a troll mechanic and I want the old duration back.

I have not played with the new curse, but I don't really see how it's different when those sorcerers could just apply it every 3.5 seconds like always. Mabye it crutches bad players, but it doesn't change anything for good players imo, but then again I have not tested it yet.

What it changes is that if I get outplayed and a NB manages to cloak before I re-curse them then I still get another shot at it 8.5s later. But why should I? Also what it changes is that now a lot of players are coming to the forums to complain about curse in pvp because they see it a lot more and the 12s duration is screwing them over. If this happens enough then zos will most likely nerf curse at some point in the future, but do you think the nerf will be to revert the haunting curse change they were so proud of? Of course not, it will be a damage or functional nerf. People never complained about curse before. The haunting curse is useless to good sorcs in pvp, I want it gone.
    Edited by FriedEggSandwich on February 22, 2017 8:58PM
    PC | EU
  • xboxNA corin6
    xboxNA corin6
    ✭✭✭

Totally agree, curse is an embarrassment as is. I think it's been turned into a troll mechanic and I want the old duration back.

What it changes is that if I get outplayed and a NB manages to cloak before I re-curse them then I still get another shot at it 8.5s later. But why should I? Also what it changes is that now a lot of players are coming to the forums to complain about curse in pvp because they see it a lot more and the 12s duration is screwing them over. If this happens enough then zos will most likely nerf curse at some point in the future, but do you think the nerf will be to revert the haunting curse change they were so proud of? Of course not, it will be a damage or functional nerf. People never complained about curse before. The haunting curse is useless to good sorcs in pvp, I want it gone.

Fair enough, makes sense bringing up nightblades. I can see how that would be an unfair advantage.
    I'm a magsorc
  • Horowonnoe
    Horowonnoe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Johngo0036 wrote: »
    even worse why is it still on me after i kill the sorc who cast it..

Because it's haunting and revengeful : D
    PC / NA
    Templar Healer "False Eye"
    Sorc Healer "Potema the Wolf Queen"
    Warden Healer "Heavy Attacks Online"
    Magicka Nightblade DPS "Nephaleth Telvanni"
    Dragonknight Tank "Nico's Facsimile"

Builds & Guides:
    Horow's Templar Healer Guide for Trials (Murkmire updated)
    How to get Felms to jump correctly in vAS HM?
    Horow's vMA Magicka Sorc Build for beginners and lazy farmers
    Horow's Magicka Sorc Triple Pet Heavy Attack Build - Summerset Isles Ready
    More builds at anthem-guild.com/pve/.

Notable Achievements:
    - World's first 18 Axes vAA clear
    - World's first 20+ enrage stack Llothis in vAS HM and World record cone damage
  • Brutusmax1mus
    Brutusmax1mus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It shouldnt stop counting down and then start over when you're rezzed. It should continue to count down to explosion when you die with it on you.
  • Chair
    Chair
    ✭✭✭
    Whats worse is when multiple sorcs curse me and my buff tracker shows theres no curse on me but the animation shows 1 curse then boom 4 5k explosions :D
    100% Not Miruku I swear
    Stamblade Rank 50 (No AP flipping involved)
    DK Rank 35( Retired)
    Grand Overlord Flawless Conqueror Dro-M'athra Destroyer
    Princess Guar Of Guar Squad OP
    DD for The Phoenix Reborn
    Former Zerg Squad/Banana Squad

• Virusx01
    Virusx01
    It's not just curse. I res'd fossilized last night. Seems like an issue with skills applied to you as you get killed.
    DC - DK
    AD - NB
    MAGIKA MASTER CLASS

The Khaos Brigade
  • Krist
    Krist
    ✭✭✭✭
    I dont particularly like haunting curse as is, but it hasn't really changed anything for my solo type of play. I have noticed that my below 50s get spam cursed and that can be a pain in the butt, but my maxed out toons shrug it off. You can heal up enough before the second hit, just make sure you get away from the crowd. Again, being a solo artist, I hardly bother with the crowd.
    I do use it with my sorc as it is a quick shot and 10k damage (give or take) while you attack with other spells. However, again, I have not noticed it to be uber. Snaring and holding skills, as well as oil catapults, stop zergs in their tracks. One man on an oil cat can set up a zerg to be completely overwhelmed. Sure, some in the zerg will get out, but many that get in huge groups are there for the protection, and are not that skilled at getting loose. Have done it, and I carry oil cats with me just for that purpose.
    My point is that there were already zerg busters usable by all, there was no need to change this skill, if that is why they did it.
    "Krist the Lionheart? No. Lionheart was my dog" -Krist
    "Darling, if looks were everything, I would be king of the world" -Luke
    "That place, between day and night, that purple color just before dark, that is where you will find me"- Hughe
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

rekt
  • josh.lackey_ESO
    josh.lackey_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stop hiding. This new curse is a modest counter to cloak, which got massively buffed this patch. Cloak is now a perma-spammable magicka dodge. Everything will miss you. Not sure how in the world you can complain about the change. Getting the second pop on curse is such a modest intrusion to complete invulnerability from being targeted. What else was changed that is upsetting? Is this whole thread a QQ for nightblades who want to gank and run with no counters? Seeming that way.
    Edited by josh.lackey_ESO on February 27, 2017 9:10AM
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think ive played sorc enough to know haunting curse was made too strong for pvp, they should have focused on making deadric prey the pve morph, with pets etc. And left velocious curse alone.

PC EU
    PvP only
  • Calboy
    Calboy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is nothing wrong with it. My issue with haunting curse is instead of the changes being reverted, due to forum complaints, it will get nerfed in damage.