The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Vet maelstrom arena bad RNG

DuckNoodles
DuckNoodles
✭✭✭
Rant time.

Been farming area for past couple of days

4 x shields
4 x mace
2 x axe
3 x daggers
2 x 2 handed mace
1 x bow

Wtf!!!!!

I'm a bloody mag dps, to make things even worse. I got s&b 3x in a row......

Come on zos, sort out the RNG please.

I would like a destruction staff.
  • aLi3nZ
    aLi3nZ
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have been farming past week as well

4x restro staff
    5x axes
    2x daggers
    1x charged inferno staff
    1x sharpened ice staff
  • Decado
    Decado
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah good luck there have been 100s of these threads over the last year and they had said nothing on the issue (although on their defence they did make maelstrom drop 100%)

We have asked for a token system numerous times but I wouldn't hold your breath, if it makes you feel any better even after a year I still don't have either a sharp or a precise of any destro staff,
    All hail the RNG
  • S1ipperyJim
    S1ipperyJim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    20 runs (5 after homestead patch) and still no inferno staff, not even one with a bad trait...absolutely no weapons I would actually use as yet, probably the best I got is a precise lightning :'(
  • SquareSausage
    SquareSausage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I keep getting decisive this, decisive that..

Maybe will just need to farm more...
    Breakfast King
    PS4 EU
  • iam_slickone
    iam_slickone
    ✭✭✭
    2 - 2h mauls
    2 - 2h axe
    3 - restro staff
    1 - bow
    1 inferno staff, nirnhoned

I'm not to disappointed
    'Keyser Soze Magic Templar
    Siike Magic Sorcer
    'Haze Stamina NightBlade
    'Caeser Stamina DK
    'Leonidas Stamina Templar
    'Thunder Stamina Sorcer

• Ep1kMalware
    Ep1kMalware
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rant time.

4 x shields
    4 x mace
    2 x axe
    3 x daggers
    2 x 2 handed mace
    1 x bow

Wtf!!!!!

I'm a bloody mag dps, to make things even worse. I got s&b 3x in a row......

Come on zos, sort out the RNG please.

I would like a destruction staff.

I farm it on stam and get shieldmagica crud. Too bad you cant trade vmsa weapons for other vmsa weapons. I really need a decent axe >.<

Editz: i did most my farming when vmsa weapons werent guarantees. Then when they did 1tamriel and guara teed drops I spemt so much time farming oher gear that diluted drips from vmsa sounded really, really non-pejoratively gay as hell. So I took a 2 month break

Kindwih I spent all that time farming.
    Edited by Ep1kMalware on February 20, 2017 2:41AM
  • MakoFore
    MakoFore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    pffft. week? i ve been farming PAST SIX MONTHS!

average once a day.

not one single 2hander sharp.

if it takes someone like Andy S a year to get a sharp inferno- 1 weeks a bit early to whinge buddy.
    Edited by MakoFore on February 20, 2017 4:02AM
  • Jsmalls
    Jsmalls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tell that to my 200+ runs with no inferno sharpened to show for it. Gave up running this RNG plague a long time ago.
  • Lukums1
    Lukums1
    ✭✭✭✭
    ... zzz bads will be bad....

quoted.

Are you serious?

We farmed for 6 months + 5-6 runs a day to get all of our sharpen weapons x2 of each.

Please go away and come back.. when you've completed a sensible amount of runs to even "begin to complain"
    PS4 Yellow Scum Dominion
    1600+ vMA runs and counting
    Magicka Sorc - Flawless - 544k Score
    Stam Sorc - Flawless - 559k Score
    Stam DK - FLAWLESS 512k Score
    Stam NB - 492k Score - Work in progress
    Magicka Temp - 482k Score

The Ozmeric Dominion (Oceanic) Australian Based Guild

vMA "guru" - VHRC - vSO - vSOHM - vDSA - vAA - vMOL
    The Maelstrom BIBLE for beginners/Flawless Achieve Below
    https://www.twitch.tv/lukumms/v/111730700
    https://www.twitch.tv/videos/181142505

You have vMA questions? Want a guide? Helping hand? PM me!

Returns after 6 months back to back flawless
    https://go.twitch.tv/videos/180384648

• GawdSB
    GawdSB
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PC users have it good though. On console we still have a lower chance for the staves until Tuesday.
    And the one handed weapons don't come in two's.
    Edited by GawdSB on February 20, 2017 4:35AM
  • Ep1kMalware
    Ep1kMalware
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MakoFore wrote: »
    pffft. week? i ve been farming PAST SIX MONTHS!

average once a day.

not one single 2hander sharp.

if it takes someone like Andy S a year to get a sharp inferno- 1 weeks a bit early to whinge buddy.

A friend (who no longer plays) rand vmsa daily and got leader boards on all his toons and never got dharp inferno. That was before 1T, too.
  • StackonClown
    StackonClown
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lukums1 wrote: »

quoted.

Are you serious?

We farmed for 6 months + 5-6 runs a day to get all of our sharpen weapons x2 of each.

Please go away and come back.. when you've completed a sensible amount of runs to even "begin to complain"

Even if yOU farmed for 5-6 months (really??), I think its a bit harsh to label someone a 'bad' and tell them to 'go away'.. You don't have to agree but take it a bit easy champ. Not everyone has a twitch channel for this little game, and therefore may not have the same self-imposed standards as you do...
  • Neophyte
    Neophyte
    ✭✭✭
    They really need to get a grip with the RNG in here. Why can't they do a token system similar to the writ vouchers you get right now. It's clearly possible
  • DuckNoodles
    DuckNoodles
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you, guys and girls for all the reply, looks like I'm not the only one. I know I shouldn't say this but makes me feel a it better lol.

I will try and run it a few more times and if still nothing, I will move onto doing something els in eso.

Can't believe players have been farming for 6 months to a year, I feel for u guys makes my week look like nothing. Lol

@Lukums1 thanks for your comment, this is why eso gets a bad name for a toxic community. You Keep being an elite,.... buddy........

Kind regards
    Ducky
    Edited by DuckNoodles on February 20, 2017 8:20AM
  • Raghul
    Raghul
    ✭✭✭
    Lukums1 wrote: »

quoted.

Are you serious?

These comments lol
    Have you even put thought to that OP farmed vma in the past lots of times but wanted to check the improved drop rate this patch and still got crap?
    Perhaps you go away, we don't need this bs on the forums
    Aeg4n

The Flawless Conqueror
    Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is a tipping point where RNG is bad enough that the content is no longer a game of skill but becomes a lottery. About 10 completions into VMA, you should be relatively competent, getting 1 hour completions. 20 - 30 runs in you may be seeing consistent competitive leaderboard scores. This is about as good as you need to be here. However, a great number of people will not have the weapons they are looking for at this point. You are now grinding time away from here on out. You aren't getting much more skilled other than shaving off a few minutes here or there or bumping your score up slightly. Your rewards do not increase at all. It's no longer a measure of skill but of patience and grind. This is the balance that is off. How much of your time in VMA is spent increasing your skill and how much is spent after that point making minimal skill gains but just grinding away for the weapons you need?

While the OP may not have put in hundreds of hours yet, it doesn't take that many runs to see the flaw in the system. A grind that sees you no closer to your goal on run 100 compared to run 20 is very heartbreaking. You can be the best in the world at VMA but not be rewarded for the skill. Meanwhile someone else has everything they want by their 3rd run. Yes, completing VMA in general takes a degree of skill but farming the weapons takes no skill after that point. It's entirely luck based and at some point hopefully ZOS sees that skilled players do not enjoy a luck based lottery system skewed this far toward grind and away from skill.
  • mrfrontman
    mrfrontman
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wow, you guys are having some terrible luck.. I've only just started doing VMA about 1-2 weeks ago. In that time, I've completed VMA about 30 times now and here's what I've got.

Before Homestead:
    x2 Sharpened Lightning Staff
    x2 Sharpened Daggers
    x2 Sharpened 1h Axe
    x1 Sharpened 2h Mace
    x1 Sharpened and x1 Powered Restoration Staff
    x4 Nirnhoned Weapons

After Homestead:
    x1 Sharpened Inferno Staff
    x1 Sharpened Dagger
    x1 Defending Bow
    x1 Sharpened Axe
    x3 Nirnhoned Weapons

The sharpened lightning staffs were from my 3rd and 10th runs.
    Sharpened dagger+axe came from my first run right after Homestead patch, I got both from the one chest.
    Sharpened Inferno Staff came from my 26th run.
    Edited by mrfrontman on February 20, 2017 1:21PM
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    mrfrontman wrote: »
    Wow, you guys are having some terrible luck.. I've only just started doing VMA about 1-2 weeks ago. In that time, I've completed VMA about 30 times now and here's what I've got.

Before Homestead:
    x2 Sharpened Daggers
    x1 Sharpened 1h Axe
    x1 Sharpened 2h Mace
    x1 Sharpened and x1 charged Restoration Staff (I think it was charged, I'm referring to the one that gives better heals)
    x4 Nirnhoned Weapons

After Homestead:
    x1 Sharpened Dagger
    x1 Defending Bow
    x1 Sharpened Axe
    x3 Nirnhoned Weapons

Sharpened dagger+axe came from my first run right after Homestead patch, I got both from the one chest.

10 sharp weapons out of 30 completes is INSANELY good RNG. I got 3 sharp weapons from my first 50 rewards and cut my losses there (bow and 2 greataxes)
  • Fivtyprocent
    Fivtyprocent
    ✭✭
    About 70-80 runs on my stam dk before the Homestead patch = at least 25 resto staffs/15 bows no one in sharp, a lot of shields/2H-1H infused-decisive weaps and only ONE ! 2H sharpened batlle axe from the weekly rewards then i stopped until the patch.

After the homestead i did the first vma on my pvp magblade = 2 daggers one sharpened and one decisive, second run on this char my first inferno staff but in precise so ....
    For Justice !
  • elfantasmo
    elfantasmo
    ✭✭✭
    It is an unspoken FACT (maybe).

If you run a dungeon/trial as MAG DPS RNGesus will drop you a Stamina based weapon (bow/2h)

If you run a dungeon/trial as STAM DPS RNGesus will drop you a Magicka based weapon (Lightning/Flame Stave)

If you run a dungeon/trial as Healer RNGesus will drop you a TANK based weapon (Shield/defensive sword)

If you run a dungeon/trial as Tank RNGesus will drop you a Healer based weapon (Resto Stave)

Good Luck :)

elfantasmo
  • mrfrontman
    mrfrontman
    ✭✭✭✭

Before Homestead:
    x2 Sharpened Daggers
    x1 Sharpened 1h Axe
    x1 Sharpened 2h Mace
    x1 Sharpened and x1 charged Restoration Staff (I think it was charged, I'm referring to the one that gives better heals)
    x4 Nirnhoned Weapons

After Homestead:
    x1 Sharpened Dagger
    x1 Defending Bow
    x1 Sharpened Axe
    x3 Nirnhoned Weapons

10 sharp weapons out of 30 completes is INSANELY good RNG. I got 3 sharp weapons from my first 50 rewards and cut my losses there (bow and 2 greataxes)

Had to edit it, just checked my bank. Not that it makes much difference but it was 1 extra sharpened 1h axe. But yeah I heard lots of people were getting really bad luck with VMA RNG. Don't know why I was so lucky lol.

I just received my first VMA weekly rewards. All 3 items were complete trash.
    Edited by mrfrontman on February 20, 2017 1:30PM
  • LuxLunae
    LuxLunae
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    On the bright side, you are at least completing vet Malestorm. I can't even get through a normal dungeon alone....
  • jakeedmundson
    jakeedmundson
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Before Homestead:
    x2 Sharpened Daggers
    x2 Sharpened 1h Axe
    x1 Sharpened 2h Mace
    x4 Nirnhoned Weapons

After Homestead:
    x1 Sharpened Dagger
    x1 Defending Bow
    x1 Sharpened Axe
    x3 Nirnhoned Weapons

Did you just get done reading "How to become the most hated person on ESO forums"... then decide to test your new found knowledge with this post?

literally the only thing i want from here... and have tried maybe 60-70 times.... sharpened lightning staff. (i haven't even seen a SINGLE lightning staff... not once)
    Also... i've only found maybe... 4 sharpened weapons? Dagger, 2 bows, and 1 or 2 sword/mace with the shields
    Edited by jakeedmundson on February 20, 2017 2:18PM
    CP690
    Lv 50 Dunmer DragonKnight Tank/Dps
    Lv 50 Altmer Sorcerer Dps
    Lv 50 Breton Templar Healer/Dps
    Lv 50 Altmer Nightblade Dps
    Lv 50 Redguard Sorcerer Dps
    PS4 - DC
    vSOHM - vAAHM - vHRC - vMA Flawless

My version of a Heavy Attack Sorc build
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/294724/magicka-sorc-heavy-attack-build-homestead-ready/p1?new=1
  • Mattoxx96
    Mattoxx96
    ✭✭
    I got 4 resto staffs in a row last week, for me as a mag sorc I've got 1 dagger (defending) and 1 axe (healing powered) and 1 lighting staff (nirn) it's a case of if I get an inferno staff first I'm sticking with mag if I get a bow first I'm switching to stam.
  • Eleusian
    Eleusian
    ✭✭✭
    Apparently they want the weapon grind to be painful. At least VMA can be soloed. Good luck chasing other weapons like moon dancer staves , BSW sharpened inferno , or any non VMA BIS .

PS4 NA
  • mrfrontman
    mrfrontman
    ✭✭✭✭

Before Homestead:
    x2 Sharpened Daggers
    x2 Sharpened 1h Axe
    x1 Sharpened 2h Mace
    x4 Nirnhoned Weapons

After Homestead:
    x1 Sharpened Dagger
    x1 Defending Bow
    x1 Sharpened Axe
    x3 Nirnhoned Weapons

Did you just get done reading "How to become the most hated person on ESO forums"... then decide to test your new found knowledge with this post?

literally the only thing i want from here... and have tried maybe 60-70 times.... sharpened lightning staff. (i haven't even seen a SINGLE lightning staff... not once)
    Also... i've only found maybe... 4 sharpened weapons? Dagger, 2 bows, and 1 or 2 sword/mace with the shields

Lmao that gave me laugh, the most hated person on ESO forums part :pensive:
    I honestly don't know what's up with my RNG. I've been having some INSANE luck in VMA, specific item farming and some other stuff. I managed to fully gear my character in under a few weeks, last item that's left to get is a sharpened IA lightning staff.

I should also mention that I got the Xivkyn Dreadguard Polymorph on my first attempt of opening a tel var luck box and the scamp you get from Imperial Sewers in the darkest depths upon killing the boss the very first time.

Am I the luckiest guy in ESO or something? lol.
  • MakoFore
    MakoFore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've gone 7 months without a sharp 2hander greatsword- literally the only weapon i want out of that place. save ur despair guys- it gets worse...much worse.
  • Wrecking_Blow_Spam
    Wrecking_Blow_Spam
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Before Homestead:
    x2 Sharpened Daggers
    x2 Sharpened 1h Axe
    x1 Sharpened 2h Mace
    x4 Nirnhoned Weapons

After Homestead:
    x1 Sharpened Dagger
    x1 Defending Bow
    x1 Sharpened Axe
    x3 Nirnhoned Weapons

I honestly don't know what's up with my RNG. I've been having some INSANE luck in VMA, specific item farming and some other stuff. I managed to fully gear my character in under a few weeks, last item that's left to get is a sharpened IA lightning staff.

I should also mention that I got the Xivkyn Dreadguard Polymorph on my first attempt of opening a tel var luck box and the scamp you get from Imperial Sewers in the darkest depths upon killing the boss the very first time.

Wow I don't hate you but I hate how RNG works like that. Seriously how can you get them drops? **** you RNG.
    Xbox one EU
    8 Flawless conquerors on all class specs (4 stam, 4 magicka)
    Doesn't stand in red
  • Cpt_Teemo
    Cpt_Teemo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Before Homestead:
    x2 Sharpened Daggers
    x2 Sharpened 1h Axe
    x1 Sharpened 2h Mace
    x4 Nirnhoned Weapons

After Homestead:
    x1 Sharpened Dagger
    x1 Defending Bow
    x1 Sharpened Axe
    x3 Nirnhoned Weapons

Wow I don't hate you but I hate how RNG works like that. Seriously how can you get them drops? **** you RNG.

I feel the same way except for master writs, 14 days of 36 writs per day not one master writ at all.
  • mrfrontman
    mrfrontman
    ✭✭✭✭

Before Homestead:
    x2 Sharpened Daggers
    x2 Sharpened 1h Axe
    x1 Sharpened 2h Mace
    x4 Nirnhoned Weapons

After Homestead:
    x1 Sharpened Dagger
    x1 Defending Bow
    x1 Sharpened Axe
    x3 Nirnhoned Weapons

I'm not complaining at all, I couldn't be happier with what I got but I do agree that my RNG is incredibly lucky. I feel like I sucked all the good RNG out of the game lol. Would be nice for others to get stuff they need too.