Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Broken Stamblade. I Give Up.

NocturnalGuideMe
NocturnalGuideMe
✭✭✭
I tried. and it seems I have failed. been posting alot lately and trying to follow advice on here. I dont get it. I dont understand meta-build guides, I dont know what im doing wrong. got to level 50 and champion rank 17 . i dont know why i cant keep from dying and why i seem to be doing worse everytime I Rage quit and go back online. I have no answers and its not fun anymore. Ive more than put in the work and guides and grinding and trying to distiguish between PC and Xbox. I dont know what min/max means and I dont care. I cant even quest with this charcter.
id love to be able to bring myself to fix my Nord DK and make him a Viking SnB Tank, but between how much Ive unlocked with my Nightblade and again with the brick wall of "follow the build and follow deltias". Not to mention I stopped playing that character after playing the new Skyrim and remembering how I liked rogue/stealth characters.
Im a casual, fun loving gamer at best. I dont really care to grind dungeons multiple times, or whatever else there is to do.
id love to enjoy veteran arenas and things but this just isnt working. i was having fun and now im not. i dont know wat to do. end [/rant]

If anyone is interested or has the time, I could share all my stats and skills here and hope for a fix or solid advice? I could really use the help, if at all possible.

maybe explaining in laymans terms what and where and how to procure all these things like gear and weapons and whatever.

I think im going to need Nightblades Anonymous meetings.Or assuming the fetal position until Elder Scrolls: VI #MakeTamrielFunAgain
Dar'Dek Do'Tenurr
Khajiiti Stamina Nightblade
Master Thief, Dark Brotherhood Executioner, Former Dro m'Athra Shade
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Your best bet is to find a good stamblade who can sit with you in game and teach you tricks or ways to play.

I learnt a log of my magblade skills but running around and failing in groups with better players, they slowly taught me how to get better, weave attacks, animation cancel etc.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Jonno
    Jonno
    ✭✭✭
    cp rank 17 is your problem end game builds will not work yet

just play however u like until u accumalate some CP
    Edited by Jonno on February 15, 2017 10:30PM
    PC / EU
    |Chimaira
    |Thats What She Said
    |Call Of The Undaunted
    |Unfinished Business

TinkerBell - Orc Stamplar - Tick Tock Tormentor
    Aelin - Bosmer Stamplar - Tick Tock Tormentor
    Prıncess - Dunmer - Mag NB - Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor
    Cher Lloyd - Dunmer - Sorc - Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor
    Luna Lovegøød - Dunmer - Templar - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    Leíghton - Redguard - Stam DK - Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor
  • NocturnalGuideMe
    NocturnalGuideMe
    ✭✭✭
    Jonno wrote: »

just play however u like until u accumalate some CP

i cant play the way I like because I cant finish any quests or storylines without dying 9 times. I like being solo and up until recently, havent really had any problems.

this is probably me just being a Weeny but, it feels like thye changed the leveling system for One Tamriel, and forgot to scale down the bosses, so no that ive worked my way through all the story lines into the last Zone of my alliance and main story quest, i cant defeat the final bosses.
    and noone shows up in your instance, unless your grouped, and do i really have to go make in game friends with people just to finish? Really seems to take all the luster out of the story for me anyways
    my first reason for farming dolmens and public group dungeons is Grand Soul Gem drops so I can revive.
    Its not fun. Id rather play NHL '15 alone on
    Dar'Dek Do'Tenurr
  • NocturnalGuideMe
    NocturnalGuideMe
    ✭✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »
    Your best bet is to find a good stamblade who can sit with you in game and teach you tricks or ways to play.

I learnt a log of my magblade skills but running around and failing in groups with better players, they slowly taught me how to get better, weave attacks, animation cancel etc.

..im a lone wolf...and i intend to keep it that way

PcVGf1Wg7peh2.gif
    Dar'Dek Do'Tenurr
  • rob_ber
    rob_ber
    ✭✭✭
    @NocturnalGuideMe, can you share your gear and skills maybe?
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Been here for too long
    PC EU

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  • pattyLtd
    pattyLtd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I do recognize the feeling of constantly dying with my stamblade and what helped me alot for this was Vigor as soon as i got that i am doing alot better with my stamblade (only used in pvp so far though).

Hope this helps :)
    English is not my native language, no grammar police please, tyvm
  • Artemiisia
    Artemiisia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    when level 45 was the max level in this game, I was running around clueless thinking my sorc execute was my main dps spammable :D

until, I thankfully asked another sorc player ingame, and he used a couple of hours on me, explaining how things work in a mmo, and showing me more important ingame as well.

made me a better player all around, and now I have 9 chars with a better understanding of game mechanics, and skills
  • engramz
    engramz
    ✭✭
    rob_ber wrote: »
    @NocturnalGuideMe, can you share your gear and skills maybe?

This; and maybe post your stats as well.
    Hard for anyone to offer good advice without knowing more.
  • DRXHarbinger
    DRXHarbinger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Get vigor. Job done. Use Bloodthirst and bloodcraze with rend and not much will actually kill you.
    PC Master Race

1001CP
    8 Flawless Toons, all Classes.
    Master Angler
    Dro-M'artha Destroyer (at last)
    Tamriel Hero
    Grand Overlord
    Every Skyshard
    Down With BOP!
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Get vigor. Job done. Use Bloodthirst and bloodcraze with rend and not much will actually kill you.

This. Really good advice for all stam builds in PvE. Though rally+brawler from the two-handed tree is just as good. You can solo 85% of the game with just those two skills. If you can't stay alive with all these self heals and sheilding, I don't know what else to tell you.
    Edited by Lightspeedflashb14_ESO on February 16, 2017 10:11AM
  • NocturnalGuideMe
    NocturnalGuideMe
    ✭✭✭
    @rob_ber @engramz @Lightspeedflashb14_ESO

ok so my current set-up is:

Level 50 Champion Level 18
    Khajiit Stamina Nightblade
    0 points in Magicka
    5 in Health
    59 in Stamina
    Max Magicka: 9157 Magicka Recovery: 676
    Max Health: 10749 Health Recovery: 492
    Max Stamina: 24090 Stamina Recovery: 1701

Spell Damage: 1136 Weapon Damage: 1420
    Spell Critical: 25.4% Weapoin Critical: 51.9%

Spell Resistance: 10247 Physical Resistance: 10247
    Critical Resistance: 219
    Boon: The Thief
    Champion Points:

6 points in Warlord
    6 points in Elemental Defender
    6 points in Mighty
    Dual Wield on main bar
    Bloodthirst, Killers Blade , Surprise Attack, Mirage, Ambush, Veil Of Blades
    (been swapping around alot, this is just what I had last time I was logged in)

Bow Back Bar
    Poison Injection, Trapping Webs, Acid Spray, Grim Focus, Evasion, Soul Harvest

All 11 medium armor passives. All Assassination passives. 5 passives in Shadow. 4 passives in Siphoning.
    9 passives in Dual Wield. 7 passives in Bow. All 9 Khjaiit passives. few in other ones such and legerdemain, TG, DB, soul magic
    All gear is dropped gear best I can find. 7 pieces Medium armor. i keep getting a ton of staffs and light armor :neutral:
    Currently:
    • Helmet of Flanking CP 10 Stamina enchant/Sturdy
    • Jack of Flanking CP10 Stamina Enchant/Divines (2 Items) adds 900 Max Stamina
    • Arm Cops Of Salvation Level 47 Stamina enchant/Reinforced
    • Belt Of Salvation Level 46 Stamina enchant/Reinforced (2 items) Adds 765 Max Stamina
    • Sithis' BracersLevel 49 Stamina Enchant/Sturdy
    • Fells Guards of Stamina Level 48 Stamina Enchant/Impenatrable
    • Traitor's Threads of the Senche Level 45 Stamina Enchant/Reinforced
    • Necklace of Flanking Level 49 Reduce Stamina Cost/Robust (3 Items) Adds 640 Weapon Critical
    • Senche's Ring Level 48 Stamina Recovery/Robust (2 Items) Adds 105 Stamina Recovery
    • Ring of Salvation Level 40 Stamina Recovery/Robust (3 Items) Adds 102 Stamina Recovery
    • Ebon Mace of Flame Damage:1037 Level 48 1608 Flame Damage/Defending
    • Calcinium Dagger Damage:1084 Level50 CP10 Ornate
    • Spinner's Bow Damage: 1013 Level 47 1403 Shock Damage/Decisive

Dar'Dek Do'Tenurr
  • Asmael
    Asmael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @NocturnalGuideMe Use max health / max stamina food. Probably the biggest critical point here.

item-68247-65-3.png

That's the one for cp150 (it's the max, there is no cp160 food), but there are some closer to your level.

Drop trapping webs, use Rearming trap instead (fighter's guild ability). Be aware that Soul Harvest is magic damage, thus its power will decrease as you gain CPs compared to Incapaciting Strike. If you can get it, Vigor is going to be a huge help (need to do PvP for this). Evasion and Mirage don't stack (Major Evasion buff), so you can get rid of one.

Just in case you don't know, crit resistance (Impenetrable trait) doesn't work in PvE, since the mobs don't crit.

Gear setup is a mess, but that's to be expected between cp10 and cp160+, only try to have purple weapons, since that's what makes the biggest difference.

if you can, find a fellow experienced stamblade to teach you a few things :^)
    PC EU - Zahraji of the Void, aka "Kitty", the fluffiest salmon genocider in town.
    Poke @AsmaeI (last letter is uppercase "i") on PC EU or Asmael#9325 on Discord and receive a meow today.
  • t3hdubzy
    t3hdubzy
    ✭✭✭✭
    Id recommend you have someone craft you a set like hundings rage and night mothers gear dont worry about jewelry other than the stamina trait.

You need food, id recommend triple truffle wrothgar food, it will give u 5k more health

Ull also need enchants for your armor.

If you were on ps4 id help u in game, but start with those tips, and then tell me how u feel afterwards.

Also you may want to do some pvp to get. VIgor unlocked for a self heal, otherwise you will need rally with a 2hander.
    Edited by t3hdubzy on February 16, 2017 4:44PM
  • NocturnalGuideMe
    NocturnalGuideMe
    ✭✭✭
    Asmael wrote: »
    @NocturnalGuideMe Use max health / max stamina food. Probably the biggest critical point here.

item-68247-65-3.png

That's the one for cp150 (it's the max, there is no cp160 food), but there are some closer to your level.

Drop trapping webs, use Rearming trap instead (fighter's guild ability). Be aware that Soul Harvest is magic damage, thus its power will decrease as you gain CPs compared to Incapaciting Strike. If you can get it, Vigor is going to be a huge help (need to do PvP for this). Evasion and Mirage don't stack (Major Evasion buff), so you can get rid of one.

Just in case you don't know, crit resistance (Impenetrable trait) doesn't work in PvE, since the mobs don't crit.

Gear setup is a mess, but that's to be expected between cp10 and cp160+, only try to have purple weapons, since that's what makes the biggest difference.

if you can, find a fellow experienced stamblade to teach you a few things :^)

OK so trapping webs is gone. I only use soul harvest for the passive ultimate farm really. I almost never use bow unless I'm spamming Acid Spray around a Dolmen.

I run into the problem where I'd rather have Mirage instead of Evasion. But mirage is a magical stat. But evasion doesn't give me the armor boost. And I rather just have one on the bow bar obviously but I lose dps and more importantly leave myself open to attack by switching to get re-cast.

As far as gear. Every post I've made has advised me to just keep a Best In Slot kind of approach for whatever you can get your hands on until I get myself to CP160. And can get myself some permanent gear. I figure once I'm there I'll look around or ask to buy from a more experienced crafter. No point in getting a full set of those things when I'm going to level out of them in a few days. At least that's what I've surmised .
    Dar'Dek Do'Tenurr
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I tried. and it seems I have failed. been posting alot lately and trying to follow advice on here. I dont get it. I dont understand meta-build guides, I dont know what im doing wrong. got to level 50 and champion rank 17 . i dont know why i cant keep from dying and why i seem to be doing worse everytime I Rage quit and go back online. I have no answers and its not fun anymore. Ive more than put in the work and guides and grinding and trying to distiguish between PC and Xbox. I dont know what min/max means and I dont care. I cant even quest with this charcter.
    id love to be able to bring myself to fix my Nord DK and make him a Viking SnB Tank, but between how much Ive unlocked with my Nightblade and again with the brick wall of "follow the build and follow deltias". Not to mention I stopped playing that character after playing the new Skyrim and remembering how I liked rogue/stealth characters.
    Im a casual, fun loving gamer at best. I dont really care to grind dungeons multiple times, or whatever else there is to do.
    id love to enjoy veteran arenas and things but this just isnt working. i was having fun and now im not. i dont know wat to do. end [/rant]

If anyone is interested or has the time, I could share all my stats and skills here and hope for a fix or solid advice? I could really use the help, if at all possible.

maybe explaining in laymans terms what and where and how to procure all these things like gear and weapons and whatever.

I think im going to need Nightblades Anonymous meetings.Or assuming the fetal position until Elder Scrolls: VI #MakeTamrielFunAgain

I'll shoot you a message on xbox later when I'm on and see if I can't help you out with some advice, gear, or even just some grinding closer to cp160 so we can get you some proper gear :)
    Edited by Lexxypwns on February 16, 2017 6:04PM
  • NocturnalGuideMe
    NocturnalGuideMe
    ✭✭✭
    t3hdubzy wrote: »
    Id recommend you have someone craft you a set like hundings rage and night mothers gear dont worry about jewelry other than the stamina trait.

You need food, id recommend triple truffle wrothgar food, it will give u 5k more health

Ull also need enchants for your armor.

If you were on ps4 id help u in game, but start with those tips, and then tell me how u feel afterwards.

Also you may want to do some pvp to get. VIgor unlocked for a self heal, otherwise you will need rally with a 2hander.

Getting food or making food is a problem because I've been avoiding putting points into provisioning. I have gold. But where to get those things without some guild guy wanting 10k a piece is hard.

What is the easiest way to get vigor for someone who doesn't understand PvP no matter how many times he goes to cyrodil. Also Dominion sucks to be on. Always losing
    Dar'Dek Do'Tenurr
  • kylewwefan
    kylewwefan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Your health is really low. Try to get blue food for health and stamina. Maybe the Wrothgar or new life festival foods, because they scale to your level.
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You need to grind dude . You will not start to feel powerful until cp 500 .
  • Izaki
    Izaki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Have got Vigor? If not, it is very hard to play a stamina build.
    @ Izaki #PCEU
    #FrenchKiss #GoneFor2YearsAndMyGuildDoesn'tRaidAnymore
    #MoreDPSthanYou
    #Stamblade
  • NordSwordnBoard
    NordSwordnBoard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Remove the 4 points from health, put all 64 into stamina - you can use an enchantment to get more health, its cheaper and more versatile.

Fear is the Mindkiller
  • Izaki
    Izaki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Remove the 4 points from health, put all 64 into stamina - you can use an enchantment to get more health, its cheaper and more versatile.

I always have 6 points into health on all my stamina characters. If you don't want to get 1banged in hard mode trials, you need them. And if someone is struggling, its not 444 stamina that will make things easier.
    @ Izaki #PCEU
    #FrenchKiss #GoneFor2YearsAndMyGuildDoesn'tRaidAnymore
    #MoreDPSthanYou
    #Stamblade
  • NordSwordnBoard
    NordSwordnBoard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I always have 6 points into health on all my stamina characters. If you don't want to get 1banged in hard mode trials, you need them. And if someone is struggling, its not 444 stamina that will make things easier.

I'm not suggesting the 444 stam is so much better, its that the 488 health is better removed and health gained through an enchantment. He's pretty far from doing any trials right now. Giving himself double those numbers through an enchantment might help him survive what he's doing now.
    Fear is the Mindkiller
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    CP17 is only a problem if you try to copy a CP500+ build because you don't have the CP points to spent in the right places.
    Anyone telling you that you need to be CP500+ for a Stamblade to be playable hasn't spent much time building one.

I have a Stamblade that i created at PC launch, back when they were still completely broken.
    It is still my favorite character to play.
    Don't let anyone discourage you from playing a Stamblade, they can be loads of fun in both PvE and PvP.

You need to get away from the idea that you need to copy someone else's build to get a good Stamblade.
    Use other builds as inspiration or even guides if they match your vision but build your own to match *your* playing preferences.

My Stamblade setup gives up some burst damage to gain more sustain.
    That really helps with the PvE questing and dungeons.

I run 5 medium/2 heavy armor and dual wield daggers with the bow as the back bar. Dual wield allows me to run two full set bonuses and still be able to use monster sets or Maelstrom weapons.
    All my points are in stamina to get a large pool to draw from, all my armor is divine to boost the thief mundus to get good critical rating. I use food to boost health and stamina and i have no points in magicka at all.

I can melt my way through all of the PvE content and i run veteran dungeons and trials with this character with no problems.
    ninja.gif
    Edited by SirAndy on February 16, 2017 7:33PM
  • Bazeric
    Bazeric
    ✭✭✭✭
    First off, like everyone has said you need food. You can even steal it if you need to but adding a little HP will help you since more of your healing will be coming from heals over time. Also, it seems worth it to see if someone would craft you a blue 5 pc set (like hundings rage), if that means the difference between finishing the fight or quiting the game.

Next, if you plan on being solo for now, you'll need to have a build that does a little of everything. This means you won't focus solely on DPS because that will get you killed. You'll have to learn to heal yourself and avoid the big damage.
    Since you are using Dual Wield/bow there are 3 skills that will help you heal if you can recognize when to use them. Based on your set up I'd recommend this skill setup until you become more comfortable and can move on to the more advanced things others are suggesting:

Bow (Buff+Dot / AOE+semiburst heal):
    Mirage | Relentless Focus | Poison Injection | Acid Spray | Draining Shot | Soul Tether
    - Mirage will boost your armor and give you evasion to help avoid some* damage.
    - Relentless Focus will boost your damage and stam regen to help with dodging attacks and give a big burst of damage if you need it
    - Poison Injection is a good single target dot
    - Acid spray is for an AOE that is easier to use that endless hail. For now it will work for AOE damage.
    - I say add draining shot so you can get a small burst heal that gives you range to reset your attacks. It'll give your HOTs another chance to tick too. Replace if you unlock vigor.
    - Soul tether can be good as an "Oh S***" ult for you until you get more advanced. It will stun enemies when you get outnumber in melee range and heal you.

DW (single target+healing over time)
    Ambush | Surprise Attack | Bloodthrist | Blood Craze | Power Extraction | Incapacitating Strike
    - Ambush to gap closer and buff your SA or Incap
    - Surprise Attack to damage and debuff
    - Bloodthrist to damage and heal
    - I like blood craze as a DOT+HOT, since you're not end game yet it works great, if you are fighting multiple targets, tag one and get some more HOTs
    - Power Extraction... this could be a flex spot I guess, it is an okay AOE, but really it just helps to get the siphoning passives for healing + ult gain, you could run an execute like killers blade or even steel tornado if you're more comfortable with that.
    - Incap... it is a cheap ult and you really don't have too much trouble gain ult as a NB, even a stam one. The added passives for slotting this on your main Damage bar help too.

So the idea of how to approach regular mob fights with this setup is starting at range with buffing:
    Mirage+relentless
    Then opening on your primary target. (Healer>DPS>Tank which is the composition of main mob groups.)
    Opening attack: Heavy Bow + Poison Injection
    Swap bars to DW: Ambush+SA/Incap+[light+bloodthrist]<-repeat until dead or relentless is procced.
    This should handle most regular mobs. Be sure to rebuff when needed, and dodge roll to avoid big damage. Also if you need that burst heal, swap to bow and hit an unCC'd target with draining shot+dodge roll
    You can also add in a Blood Craze if you feel you need more heals. Weave in an AOE or two if you want. But spaming an AOE won't heal you, or kill everything fast enough, so be sure to have Blood Craze going before you spam AOEs

For a more boss like fight I suggest:
    Buff with Mirage+Relentless
    Open with bow heavy and poison injection
    Swap Ambush+SA/Incap but then do blood craze before you spam bloodthirst a few times and restart the "rotation"
    Always add in a light attack when casting except after an ambush so you don't waste empower buff on a light attack.
    This will proc relentless which can be used as a burst, or a fake execute if you decide to keep power extraction over killers blade.

Work on avoiding damage with a dodge roll.

Now this isn't the ultimate optimal build, but if you are struggling, you need to take a step back and have a more forgiving build until you learn and become more comfortable with the game. This should help you with that, though I bet more advanced players will just say BiS this, max DPS that. You're not are end game yet and seem to struggle with having a chance to learn enemy mechanics.

Also, see if you can find a mentor in game that can show you things, I think a few people here have volunteered.
    Of course if you ever get to PVP, and get help unlocking vigor, that will help immensely with a strong bursty HOT.

edit: Oh, and potions, use potions. The basic pots that drop on mobs are easy enough to farm and at least will give you a burst heal.
    Edited by Bazeric on February 16, 2017 7:44PM
    Looking for broken things in hopes they may be fixed. I've given up, my game literally works differently from yours.
    64M+ AP across 9 toons... kinda makes me a GO
  • NocturnalGuideMe
    NocturnalGuideMe
    ✭✭✭
    SirAndy wrote: »
    CP17 is only a problem if you try to copy a CP500+ build because you don't have the CP points to spent in the right places.
    Anyone telling you that you need to be CP500+ for a Stamblade to be playable hasn't spent much time building one.

I have a Stamblade that i created at PC launch, back when they were still completely broken.
    It is still my favorite character to play.
    Don't let anyone discourage you from playing a Stamblade, they can be loads of fun in both PvE and PvP.

You need to get away from the idea that you need to copy someone else's build to get a good Stamblade.
    Use other builds as inspiration or even guides if they match your vision but build your own to match *your* playing preferences.

My Stamblade setup gives up some burst damage to gain more sustain.
    That really helps with the PvE questing and dungeons.

I run 5 medium/2 heavy armor and dual wield daggers with the bow as the back bar. Dual wield allows me to run two full set bonuses and still be able to use monster sets or Maelstrom weapons.
    All my points are in stamina to get a large pool to draw from, all my armor is divine to boost the thief mundus to get good critical rating. I use food to boost health and stamina and i have no points in magicka at all.

I can melt my way through all of the PvE content and i run veteran dungeons and trials with this character with no problems.
    ninja.gif

right well that was my approach in the first place because i didnt understand most of the builds out there. most likely because they are made for max CP characters.

That said, it doesnt mattter, it seems ive tried everything and i get one shotted my bosses, and dolmens if i dont use a bow and stay way outside.
    my point is im not having fun anymore and idc whats wrong
    Dar'Dek Do'Tenurr
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That said, it doesnt mattter, it seems ive tried everything and i get one shotted my bosses, and dolmens if i dont use a bow and stay way outside.
    If you were on PC, i could hook you up with some gear. If you want, i can give you some pointers on a setup that works, even at CP17.

The key to staying alive closeup with dungeon bosses, public dungeon mob groups and dolmen mob groups is to have the dual wield morphs that return health. Those are your main heals for close up melee.
    Vigor is OK if you are in a pinch but it requires you to let go of your melee and that can be deadly when you're already low on health.
    With the right skill morphs and buffs you can heal through insane amount of incoming damage but you need to keep the pressure on the target(s).
    shades.gif
    Edited by SirAndy on February 16, 2017 8:10PM
  • NocturnalGuideMe
    NocturnalGuideMe
    ✭✭✭
    Bazeric wrote: »
    First off, like everyone has said you need food. You can even steal it if you need to but adding a little HP will help you since more of your healing will be coming from heals over time. Also, it seems worth it to see if someone would craft you a blue 5 pc set (like hundings rage), if that means the difference between finishing the fight or quiting the game.

Next, if you plan on being solo for now, you'll need to have a build that does a little of everything. This means you won't focus solely on DPS because that will get you killed. You'll have to learn to heal yourself and avoid the big damage.
    Since you are using Dual Wield/bow there are 3 skills that will help you heal if you can recognize when to use them. Based on your set up I'd recommend this skill setup until you become more comfortable and can move on to the more advanced things others are suggesting:

Bow (Buff+Dot / AOE+semiburst heal):
    Mirage | Relentless Focus | Poison Injection | Acid Spray | Draining Shot | Soul Tether
    - Mirage will boost your armor and give you evasion to help avoid some* damage.
    - Relentless Focus will boost your damage and stam regen to help with dodging attacks and give a big burst of damage if you need it
    - Poison Injection is a good single target dot
    - Acid spray is for an AOE that is easier to use that endless hail. For now it will work for AOE damage.
    - I say add draining shot so you can get a small burst heal that gives you range to reset your attacks. It'll give your HOTs another chance to tick too. Replace if you unlock vigor.
    - Soul tether can be good as an "Oh S***" ult for you until you get more advanced. It will stun enemies when you get outnumber in melee range and heal you.

DW (single target+healing over time)
    Ambush | Surprise Attack | Bloodthrist | Blood Craze | Power Extraction | Incapacitating Strike
    - Ambush to gap closer and buff your SA or Incap
    - Surprise Attack to damage and debuff
    - Bloodthrist to damage and heal
    - I like blood craze as a DOT+HOT, since you're not end game yet it works great, if you are fighting multiple targets, tag one and get some more HOTs
    - Power Extraction... this could be a flex spot I guess, it is an okay AOE, but really it just helps to get the siphoning passives for healing + ult gain, you could run an execute like killers blade or even steel tornado if you're more comfortable with that.
    - Incap... it is a cheap ult and you really don't have too much trouble gain ult as a NB, even a stam one. The added passives for slotting this on your main Damage bar help too.

So the idea of how to approach regular mob fights with this setup is starting at range with buffing:
    Mirage+relentless
    Then opening on your primary target. (Healer>DPS>Tank which is the composition of main mob groups.)
    Opening attack: Heavy Bow + Poison Injection
    Swap bars to DW: Ambush+SA/Incap+[light+bloodthrist]<-repeat until dead or relentless is procced.
    This should handle most regular mobs. Be sure to rebuff when needed, and dodge roll to avoid big damage. Also if you need that burst heal, swap to bow and hit an unCC'd target with draining shot+dodge roll
    You can also add in a Blood Craze if you feel you need more heals. Weave in an AOE or two if you want. But spaming an AOE won't heal you, or kill everything fast enough, so be sure to have Blood Craze going before you spam AOEs

For a more boss like fight I suggest:
    Buff with Mirage+Relentless
    Open with bow heavy and poison injection
    Swap Ambush+SA/Incap but then do blood craze before you spam bloodthirst a few times and restart the "rotation"
    Always add in a light attack when casting except after an ambush so you don't waste empower buff on a light attack.
    This will proc relentless which can be used as a burst, or a fake execute if you decide to keep power extraction over killers blade.

Work on avoiding damage with a dodge roll.

Now this isn't the ultimate optimal build, but if you are struggling, you need to take a step back and have a more forgiving build until you learn and become more comfortable with the game. This should help you with that, though I bet more advanced players will just say BiS this, max DPS that. You're not are end game yet and seem to struggle with having a chance to learn enemy mechanics.

Also, see if you can find a mentor in game that can show you things, I think a few people here have volunteered.
    Of course if you ever get to PVP, and get help unlocking vigor, that will help immensely with a strong bursty HOT.

edit: Oh, and potions, use potions. The basic pots that drop on mobs are easy enough to farm and at least will give you a burst heal.

i get game mechanics and all that. ive been playing since release on Xbox. Always played Nord Dragonknight (easy noob build to learn), but after my second re-roll i decided i was ready for more and wanted to play a rogue/ assasssin type, which im most comfortable playing. I have been having alot of fun as a Stamblade thus far. it fits my play style, i like to sneak and strike from the shadows, dodge roll around, i can usually take on 3v1 or 4v1 battles in the open world no problem with the skills i have. my problem is these crazy op boss battles solo.
    primarily rescue Vanus Galerion Storm Atronach mobs, DB Primate Arturious and Dominion quest against the corrupt Mane.

ive played them enough to see the attacks, learn to read the death report, learn their mechanics and fight style. but i get one shotted becasue some of their attacks are doing 10k-14k damage. or 3 gold bar health bar enemies on 1.
    Or the one rare time I had the upper hand , but took too long to kill them ande the support enemies respawned and i got 3 hits at once that added to 16k.

key word here is Survivabiltiy

so it looks like Mirage and Relentless focus on the back bar, crouch and ambush getting a sneak bonus, surpirse attack for major fracture and then bloodthirst and pray to Riddle'Thar that I live.
    Dar'Dek Do'Tenurr
  • NocturnalGuideMe
    NocturnalGuideMe
    ✭✭✭
    If you were on PC, i could hook you up with some gear. If you want, i can give you some pointers on a setup that works, even at CP17.

The key to staying alive closeup with dungeon bosses, public dungeon mob groups and dolmen mob groups is to have the dual wield morphs that return health. Those are you main heals for close up melee.
    Vigor is OK if you are in a pinch but it requires you to let go of your melee and that can be deadly when you're already low on health.
    With the right skill morphs and buffs you can heal through insane amount of incoming damage but you need to keep the pressure on the target(s).
    shades.gif

YES thats what i need. Actually after the first person in one of my threads suggested trying Bloodthirst again, i started doing better.

But then got the big boy undies on and went toe to toe with an End Boss and gut wrekd
    Dar'Dek Do'Tenurr
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    But then got the big boy undies on and went toe to toe with an End Boss and gut wrekd
    Where are your current resistance numbers at? Both spell and physical...
    Where's your health at (buffed by food i hope)?
    idea.gif

Edited by SirAndy on February 16, 2017 8:09PM
  • NocturnalGuideMe
    NocturnalGuideMe
    ✭✭✭
    Where are your current resistance numbers at? Both spell and physical...
    Where's your health at (buffed by food i hope)?
    idea.gif
    Unbuffed Stats:

Max Magicka: 9157 Magicka Recovery: 676
    Max Health: 10749 Health Recovery: 492
    Max Stamina: 24090 Stamina Recovery: 1701

Spell Damage: 1136 Weapon Damage: 1420
    Spell Critical: 25.4% Weapoin Critical: 51.9%

Spell Resistance: 10247 Physical Resistance: 10247
    Critical Resistance: 219

best food i could find only buffed my health 3k and change and stamina too

still wrekd
    Edited by NocturnalGuideMe on February 16, 2017 8:13PM