Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Broken Stamblade. I Give Up.

• NocturnalGuideMe
    NocturnalGuideMe
    ✭✭✭
    Vash747 wrote: »
    Since you are still leveling there is no point putting alot into grinding drop sets, get someone to craft you a 5 piece Hundings and a 4 piece morkuldin. For jewlery check online to see what drops from certain dolmens and you can have a full set in a few minutes. Then go out and play. Make sure you eat food and have potions equipped for emergency. Vigor is a great skill to have. Max fighter guild and get dawnbreaker up, it is a good ultimate and boosts all your damage.
    The kills I mainly run are ambush, steel tornado, vigor, siphoning strikes, and surprise attack.
    On back bar, venom injection, venom spray, killers blade or silver bolts, relentless focus, and lethal arrow. I use the bow ultimate on my bow.
    If you have undaunted metal that helps some with your health by wearing one light and one heavy with the rest medium, you also get the benefit of the first few Passives from light armor and heavy.
    Attributes, I run 8 in health and the rest in stamina. I have 6 armor enchanted for stamina and the chest for health.
    I use dual wield and bow, you don't have to use that, but it is my preference. You can ask people what to do and try it, but run what feels most natural for you. I had trouble with my Nightblade when I was around your level too. Stick with it and you will get through it.

yup asked a Guildie to make me some, awesome guy did it for nothing and now Im seeing a huge difference.

time to test it out. Primate Artorius Im coming for you. budo.gif
    Edited by NocturnalGuideMe on February 18, 2017 10:40PM
    Dar'Dek Do'Tenurr
    Khajiiti Stamina Nightblade
    Master Thief, Dark Brotherhood Executioner, Former Dro m'Athra Shade
  • Syiccal
    Syiccal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ha best thing I have read all morning..
    "I've put the work in at cp 17" this made me laugh you can get that without even trying.
    and as stated at that lvl following tips online will not help as they are all based on cp 160 minimum.
    make what suits you and your playstyle not other ppls
  • davey1107
    davey1107
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This game is weird, it can really throw you through a loop and put you in a hole if you dont know what your doing.

You're right...there are several "mistakes" you can make that debuff you by 10%. Stack too many of these and it's a world of hurt. On your DK that just meant he was boring and slow. In the NB it's instant death.

If you've been reasearching traits...how proficient are you? Can you make 6 trait medium armor yet? Shoot for that - six traits in all medium, heavy chests and boots, daggers, swords, 2h of your choice, bows. The game will spit enough gear at you to keep the research running, then if you can't find a trait but junk gear in guild stores for $200 or so per piece.

If you have at least two traits learned, at the least go make yourself a green or blue c60 night silence set. Wear 1-2 heavies. Having at least one complete set will help a lot. You'll need to upgrade it every 20 champion points, but the mats are dirt cheap and otherwise useless.

"End game" (c160+) you'll do well if you can plan and put together 5 pieces Hundings Rage, 5 other any stam drop set (I like spinner, briar heart or vipers sting right now. Baharas Curse would be a great assist also for its heals...I love it for cp grinding) and 2 monster pieces, any dps stam set. You'll be there pretty quick, so you can start farming those mats and cash now.
  • Johngo0036
    Johngo0036
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @NocturnalGuideMe -

Your Weapon damage is very low,

i would drop mirage(duplicate of evasion), surprise attack and ambush from your dual wield bar,
    Replace them with vigor, blood craze and steel tornado,

your back bar i would drop trapping webs(it is really bad),
    rather use endless hail also get siphoning attacks on this bar,

Put soulharvest on your dual wield bar and soul tether on your bow bar,

Get someone to make you a set of hundings rage(5pce all divines)
    and
    Night mothers gaze/Night silence,

Get jewelry that increases your stamina and stam regen,

rotation:
    grim focus(relentless focus), siphoning attacks, endless hail, poison injection, blood craze, bloodthirst(3x) refresh buffs and dots,

for mobs its buffs, endless hail and steel tornado.....

I wish you were on PC EU,
    I would help you with gear and show you the rotation,

Always have some healing pots available.....
    PC EU Megaserver
    @Johngo0036
    CP900+
    Altmer Magicka Sorcerer |The-Irritable-Witch(DC)
    Orc Stamina Dragonknight | Gru-Bolar(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka Nightblade | Chewbucca(DC)
    Khajit Stamina Nightblade | Gleaming Daggers(DC)
    Altmer Magicka Nightblade | Miss Chewbucca(EP)
    Argonian Magicka Templar | Walks-With-Friends(EP)
    Argonian Templar Healer | Dr Toxic(EP)
    Orc Stamina Sorc | Lady Streaks-Alot(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka DK | Whips-n-Chains(DC)
    Nord Warden | Demi Tank(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka Warden | Crafter-O-Crafts(DC)
    Bosmer Stamplar | Forest-Plump(DC)
    Argonian Hybrid Nb | Men-O-Paws(DC)
    Bosmer Stamblade | 'Maui(AD)
    Altmer Magicka Sorcerer | Mid-Life-Crisis(AD)

• Koensol
    Koensol
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Use food. That is the bare minimum. Also use rally/vigor, bloodthirst and blood craze. If you still die too easily on bosses or while leveling/questing, which I doubt with this many heals, you can even use refreshing path or swallow soul. Using siphoning attacks will also help you retain stamina for dodging/blocking/interrupting. Especially interupt is key on some bosses if you have low health.

If you have trouble with packs of adds, try using reapers mark while wearing the craftable Vampire's Kiss set. Open up on the pack of mobs, and make sure you kill the one you have reapers mark on first. Finish it off with killer's blade. That should give you 3 heals, equal to almost a full health restore on a single mob. Finishing of the rest should be a breeze if you take this tactic.

That is what I love about the Nightblade. If you trade in some dps, you can get so much more selfsustain. I made a fun non competitive Orc stamnb for solo play and grinding, using the following setup.

Sets:
    -2 piece Malubeth.
    -5 piece Bahraha's curse.
    -5 piece Vampire's Kiss.

Skills:
    Bar 1 (two handed)
    -Rally
    -Mirage
    -Siphoning strikes,
    -Refreshing path
    -Brawler
    Ult: Soul tether (aka godmode)

Bar 2 (dual wield)
    -Swallow soul (bosses) / Deadly cloak (mobs)
    -Blood craze
    -Bloodthirst
    -Steel tornado
    -Killers blade
    Ult: Soul harvest

With this setup it is impossible to die in solo PvE. I can solo 90% of world bosses and even some vet dungeon bosses with it. Dps is lower though, but for questing and soloing bosses it is complete cheese. Some skills (like refreshing path and swallow soul) can be replaced to get a bit more dps and burst. Overall it looks very cool with all the health draining effects and makes for a carefree solo experience.

Edited by Koensol on February 20, 2017 11:17AM
  • Savage_Audacity
    Savage_Audacity
    ✭✭✭
    How to stay alive on stamblade: Vigor & roll dodge big hits.
  • Lynx7386
    Lynx7386
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You on ps4na by chance?

Have you tried using a 2hander build?

Have you gotten vigor unlocked?
    PS4 / NA
    M'asad - Khajiit Nightblade - Healer
    Pakhet - Khajiit Dragonknight - Tank
    Raksha - Khajiit Sorcerer - Stamina DPS
    Bastet - Khajiit Templar - Healer
    Leonin - Khajiit Warden - Tank
  • Merul
    Merul
    Soul Shriven
    Hello!I have same problems with my Stamina NB,iam lvl 50 160CP,but i just struggle with killing mobs,i just die allways =(I really love this class,but just cant figure out how to play......just dont want to switch to stamina Sorc =( Maybe some one can help me out with info and maybe some gear?)I play on Eu server and my ID is melitadiel12 . Much apriciate!
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »
    Your best bet is to find a good stamblade who can sit with you in game and teach you tricks or ways to play.

I learnt a log of my magblade skills but running around and failing in groups with better players, they slowly taught me how to get better, weave attacks, animation cancel etc.

..im a lone wolf...and i intend to keep it that way

PcVGf1Wg7peh2.gif

Then keep on trying. It will take you months before you learn a playing style.

Look for skills and weapons that makes you feel comfortable.

Maybe DW ranged, maybe main bow... whatever.
    Sarcasm is something too serious to be taken lightly

I was born with the wrong sign
    In the wrong house
    With the wrong ascendancy
    I took the wrong road
    That led to the wrong tendencies
    I was in the wrong place at the wrong time
    For the wrong reason and the wrong rhyme
    On the wrong day of the wrong week
    Used the wrong method with the wrong technique
  • NocturnalGuideMe
    NocturnalGuideMe
    ✭✭✭
    Merul wrote: »
    Hello!I have same problems with my Stamina NB,iam lvl 50 160CP,but i just struggle with killing mobs,i just die allways =(I really love this class,but just cant figure out how to play......just dont want to switch to stamina Sorc =( Maybe some one can help me out with info and maybe some gear?)I play on Eu server and my ID is melitadiel12 . Much apriciate!

Read the entirety of this thread and maybe look up some of the others i posted on this topic.

Im doing way better since getting a 5pc Night Mothers Gaze and 4 pc Vampire Kiss.

Also learning the skills i need. did a few public dungeons and was going 4v1 and soloing demi-bosses. Did a few dungeon runs and actually felt helpful, one i was the main source of DPS for my 4 man group. its a nice feeling when you arent slowing people down, dying and also people that help you out and try and make you understand how to play, much for their benefit as well.
    @Johngo0036
    Im currently back to playing the style i feel comfortable as, i might swap back in Steel tornado in the rotation (feeling like a living weedwacker is unparalelled) and i have most of what you listed on my current bar. (i almost immediately took the advice posted and changed my setup and skills, including a full respec.)
    My question is does siphoning attacks still work if im using abilites like Bloodthirst or Steel Tornado? or only on light/heavy normal attacks? Im going to add this to the bar but wondering exactly how it works? Should it be on the back bar so i can just "empty the quiver " to restore some stamina, or can i just cast and go about bloodthirst melting my way through mobs?
    Dar'Dek Do'Tenurr
  • Shahraz
    Shahraz
    Soul Shriven
    I just wanted to say thank you to everyone here!

I was having the same negative experience with my stamina nightblade, the same frustration and lack of fun for the same reasons... but then i found this thread i started following some of the advice and i'm having a lot of fun again.
  • NocturnalGuideMe
    NocturnalGuideMe
    ✭✭✭
    Shahraz wrote: »
    I just wanted to say thank you to everyone here!

I was having the same negative experience with my stamina nightblade, the same frustration and lack of fun for the same reasons... but then i found this thread i started following some of the advice and i'm having a lot of fun again.

before advice=
    IxglHv2kIplxS.gif

Edited by NocturnalGuideMe on February 20, 2017 8:30PM
    Dar'Dek Do'Tenurr
  • ookami007
    ookami007
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I tried. and it seems I have failed. been posting alot lately and trying to follow advice on here. I dont get it. I dont understand meta-build guides, I dont know what im doing wrong. got to level 50 and champion rank 17 . i dont know why i cant keep from dying and why i seem to be doing worse everytime I Rage quit and go back online. I have no answers and its not fun anymore. Ive more than put in the work and guides and grinding and trying to distiguish between PC and Xbox. I dont know what min/max means and I dont care. I cant even quest with this charcter.
    id love to be able to bring myself to fix my Nord DK and make him a Viking SnB Tank, but between how much Ive unlocked with my Nightblade and again with the brick wall of "follow the build and follow deltias". Not to mention I stopped playing that character after playing the new Skyrim and remembering how I liked rogue/stealth characters.
    Im a casual, fun loving gamer at best. I dont really care to grind dungeons multiple times, or whatever else there is to do.
    id love to enjoy veteran arenas and things but this just isnt working. i was having fun and now im not. i dont know wat to do. end [/rant]

If anyone is interested or has the time, I could share all my stats and skills here and hope for a fix or solid advice? I could really use the help, if at all possible.

maybe explaining in laymans terms what and where and how to procure all these things like gear and weapons and whatever.

I think im going to need Nightblades Anonymous meetings.Or assuming the fetal position until Elder Scrolls: VI #MakeTamrielFunAgain

A few PRACTICAL tips for you from someone who has 8 stamblades. You won't be the most ubber Nightblade, but you will be able to hold your own.

First, get yourself to Cyrodil. Spend a week there joining groups and spamming heals to get Vigor and Caltrops. I know, if you don't like PvP, it sucks... but deal with it. I finally bit the bullet and now that's one of the first things I do. Vigor is a game changer for Stamblades. The ability to heal yourself changes the way you look at combat. Trust me... do it! GET TO THE CHOPPER!

Second, make sure you have the best gear you can. That makes a huge difference. For soloing, I would recommend 5 piece Twice Born Star with training attribute (I know, but hear me out) and 5 piece world drop set. Personally, since you are only at CP17, I'd go with 5 piece Trainee. Go to the starter zones and do some chest hunting. The amount of health and stamina you get from those two sets will help you ALOT to solo, plus the twice born star can do even more if you want by going with Tower and Lord - more health and stamina. Or you could go the more rogue way and go Thief/Shadow but that tends to work best with a full suit of Divines. Purple out all of your armor. Do what you can with the Trainee jewelry - you may have to buy purple jewelry. I'd put health glyphs on the large pieces and a mix of magicka and stamina on the others.

(So, why go with Training vs say divines - easy... get yourself to CP160 and you can start seriously looking at long term investments for gear.)

That leaves weapons. I assume you are Dual Wield, so go with 2 world set daggers - pick a world set whose 2 set bonus best suits you - more health, more stamina, etc. If you're using bow or 2-handed, it won't matter what you pick since there's no one set bonus. For the dual wield, you can either do the classic route of crusher and weapon damage or go my route and use Absorb Stamina and Absorb Health for more sustainability. For the other weapon, chose whichever you want.

Third, speaking of weapons, if you are playing DW mainly, consider using either Resto Staff or 2H on your off bar. Resto staff gives you instant access to healing using a stat that will be buffed because of the above armor and 2H gives a heal and some really nice finishers/buffs.

Fourth, eat food! Get the best blue health/stamina food you can eat and keep it up. If you can level up Provisioning, do it and then take all 3 levels of Gourmand for longer food life!

Fifth, choose the right skills for the job. Don't run with one bar. Change the skills based on the mobs you are fighting if need be. But, remember that we have certain skills that compliment certain actions and certain morphs compliment certain play styles.

For instance, for DW, consider going using the Flurry morph Bloodthirst for extra healing. I personally like to use it as my main spam for most trash mobs. Also consider Twin Slashes morph Blood Craze, as that also heals. Basically, you would hit them with a Blood Craze, which lasts 9 seconds and heals you all the while, then go into your Bloodthirst spams. After 9 seconds, pop another Blood Craze, rinse and repeat.

For Nightblade skills, I'd go with Teleport Strike-> Ambush as your opener because it stuns and gives 20% more damage.

So you main bar would look something like this:

Mark Target->Reaping Mark - Start with this as it lowers their armor and gives you a heal when they die
    Teleport Strike->Ambush - Opener with stun
    Veiled Strike->Surprise Attack - Good damage and more armor reduction
    Twin Slashes->Blood Craze - Hit them for the 9 second heal
    Flurry->Bloodthirst - Spam until dead, occasionally reapplying Mark Target/Veiled Strike and Blood Craze.

Ultimate - Fighter's Guild Ultimate because of it's low cost - spam it every time it comes up

With this combination, trash mobs are literally no problem. I don't care what they are. They will go down and you should have little issues with sustainabilty. Against delve bosses, it make take you a bit longer, but you should still have little issue. With public dungeon bosses, you'll have to figure out how to attack each type of bosses and use some more dodges and blocks for their big attacks. You'll also most likely need your second bar.

For the second bar, I would recommend putting

Vigor-> Resolving Vigor - your main heal and #1, so it's close to the ~ key for switching in and out.
    Whirling Blades-> Steel Tornado - Good to clear out groups of trash mobs quickly

The others are dependent on which weapon you chose. For bow, I'd do a couple of dots. For 2H, go buffs/heal. For rest staff, additional magicka based heals - that won't take away from your stamina pool.

That's all I have time to write. If you REALLY, REALLY have issues getting Twice Born Star, IM me and we'll meet in-game and maybe I can talk my wife into making it as I still need a few more nirncrux researched :smile:

Just hang in there. I really love playing my nightblades and you will too once you get the right gear and skills - or at last, the right gear and skills for the moment.

Cheers!

Edited by ookami007 on February 20, 2017 9:02PM
  • NocturnalGuideMe
    NocturnalGuideMe
    ✭✭✭
    @ookami007
    thanks for the reply and advice.

since posting ive taken alot of advice and alot of steps to making my Nightblade come around.
    as currently im CP100 and an awesome guildmate made me a 5pc set of Night Mothers Gaze and Vampires Kiss to switch around with. IT HAS MADE 200% difference.

AS far as skills and eveyrthing else, ill be trying my hand at PvP soon i guess to have Vigor as its apparently reccomended on every single nightblade forum post. But my set-up so far is working just fine for soloing delves, dolmens, some public dungeons and i even did a few group dungeons for the first time and rocked them with my team.

TBS armor would be excellent so i could have Divines and Thief/Shadow bonus, which would also be neat from my slight RP perspective. but i shall wait till CP160 for all that talk and ill be researching everything i can in the mean time. i have 6 in a few but not all.

I appreiate the help offer but im on Xbox NA.

And seeing a couple other new people have gotten help from this thread, im sure your advice is not wasted!
    Edited by NocturnalGuideMe on February 20, 2017 9:44PM
    Dar'Dek Do'Tenurr
  • Lashiing
    Lashiing
    ✭✭✭
    so broken

kel8zpt.jpg

/quit
    PC/NA ― Dancing Jesters

AD – Khajiit Nightblade – Dps – lucif'r
    AD – Altmer Sorcerer – Dps – Trove Scamp
    AD – Dunmer Dragonknight – Dps – Lashiing
    AD – Altmer Templar – Dps – Six-teen
    DC – Redguard Sorcerer – Dps – Cunnїng Scamp

vMA • vDSA • vAA HM • vHRC HM • vSO HM • vMoL
  • NocturnalGuideMe
    NocturnalGuideMe
    ✭✭✭
    Lashiing wrote: »
    so broken

kel8zpt.jpg

/quit

i think you missed an oppourtunity naming your Khajiit Nightblade: Lucy Fur'r
    Dar'Dek Do'Tenurr
  • Johngo0036
    Johngo0036
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    you have to weave in light attacks in between your bloodthirst spam,
    PC EU Megaserver
    @Johngo0036
    CP900+
    Altmer Magicka Sorcerer |The-Irritable-Witch(DC)
    Orc Stamina Dragonknight | Gru-Bolar(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka Nightblade | Chewbucca(DC)
    Khajit Stamina Nightblade | Gleaming Daggers(DC)
    Altmer Magicka Nightblade | Miss Chewbucca(EP)
    Argonian Magicka Templar | Walks-With-Friends(EP)
    Argonian Templar Healer | Dr Toxic(EP)
    Orc Stamina Sorc | Lady Streaks-Alot(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka DK | Whips-n-Chains(DC)
    Nord Warden | Demi Tank(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka Warden | Crafter-O-Crafts(DC)
    Bosmer Stamplar | Forest-Plump(DC)
    Argonian Hybrid Nb | Men-O-Paws(DC)
    Bosmer Stamblade | 'Maui(AD)
    Altmer Magicka Sorcerer | Mid-Life-Crisis(AD)

• NocturnalGuideMe
    NocturnalGuideMe
    ✭✭✭
    Johngo0036 wrote: »
    you have to weave in light attacks in between your bloodthirst spam,

ah ok. still worth it.
    Dar'Dek Do'Tenurr
  • mtwiggz
    mtwiggz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Your gear is absolutely terrible, which leads to the terrible stats you have. It's no wonder you have issues with dying or not being able to kill things.

You need to find someone in game that can craft you something your level.

4x NMG, 5x Hundings and whatever random jewelry until you get to CP160 will do the job just fine. Use Daggers as your weapons for PvE. Also, get vigor. If you use the DW skills Bloodcraze and Blood Thirst you may able to sustain your health just fine without Vigor, I would still recommend it for new players. Unfortunately Stamblades lack a decent class ability to give Major Brutality. Only ways you can obtain it is through pricey potions, the awful Power Extraction skill, 2H Rally or DW Fying Blade. I recommend Flying Blade out of those choices. Potions would be best, but they're expensive and not really needed unless you want to min/max DPS. As a casual I assume that's not your goal.

Pick up the Theif Mundas stone as well. Get some Max Stamina/Max HP food, its dirt cheap. Even ask in zone chat in a crowded trade hub city, people are generally quite helpful.

Edited by mtwiggz on February 22, 2017 7:43AM
  • Domander
    Domander
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Edited by Domander on February 22, 2017 9:10AM
  • Cherryblossom
    Cherryblossom
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I tried. and it seems I have failed. been posting alot lately and trying to follow advice on here. I dont get it. I dont understand meta-build guides, I dont know what im doing wrong. got to level 50 and champion rank 17 . i dont know why i cant keep from dying and why i seem to be doing worse everytime I Rage quit and go back online. I have no answers and its not fun anymore. Ive more than put in the work and guides and grinding and trying to distiguish between PC and Xbox. I dont know what min/max means and I dont care. I cant even quest with this charcter.
    id love to be able to bring myself to fix my Nord DK and make him a Viking SnB Tank, but between how much Ive unlocked with my Nightblade and again with the brick wall of "follow the build and follow deltias". Not to mention I stopped playing that character after playing the new Skyrim and remembering how I liked rogue/stealth characters.
    Im a casual, fun loving gamer at best. I dont really care to grind dungeons multiple times, or whatever else there is to do.
    id love to enjoy veteran arenas and things but this just isnt working. i was having fun and now im not. i dont know wat to do. end [/rant]

If anyone is interested or has the time, I could share all my stats and skills here and hope for a fix or solid advice? I could really use the help, if at all possible.

maybe explaining in laymans terms what and where and how to procure all these things like gear and weapons and whatever.

I think im going to need Nightblades Anonymous meetings.Or assuming the fetal position until Elder Scrolls: VI #MakeTamrielFunAgain

@NocturnalGuideMe

The NB can be difficult whilst levelling due to the lack of healing you get as a burst. The best suggestion I can give you is have Restro on your back bar, mutagen and Healing ward will keep you alive from all of the normal content.

Stick with dual or two handed on main bar. Power extraction is a great AOE skill for mobs in open world.

more importantly don't forget you have ultimates as a NB they are almost always up, Veil of blades is a good I'm out numbered get out of jail free card. Soul Tether is a great I'm out numbered and low health, get out of jail free card.

I would suggest Soul harvest (increases ULT generation) on your main bar and Soul tether on your back bar.