The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
In response to the ongoing issue, the North American PC/Mac megaserver is currently unavailable while we perform maintenance.
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

REMOVE STEALTH DETECT POTIONS ALREADY!

• joe.smith21b14_ESO
    joe.smith21b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I love it when I pop a detect and the nb tries to cloack non stop HAHAHA you mine now!
    But even tho I sometimes use detect pots there are nbs who straight up fight without using cloack for the time being, roll dodging healing up, also what do you do if you gank a guy who has radiant magelight on their bar and you do no damage against them out of stealth you cloack and run away??? or do you stay and fight if you say fight I won't believe you lol
    I stay and fight
    Smiff
  • PrinceRyzen
    PrinceRyzen
    ✭✭✭
    Hurika wrote: »
    I say leave detect pots but add "ignore dodgeroll", "bypass shields" and "bypass block" potions that work the same way. I mean if we have pots that negate 1 defensive ability, lets spread it evenly across defenses.

This is where we could honestly end the thread.

If there's going to be a potion that completely counters a classes defense ability, have one for each class. No brainier.
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I say leave detect pots but add "ignore dodgeroll", "bypass shields" and "bypass block" potions that work the same way. I mean if we have pots that negate 1 defensive ability, lets spread it evenly across defenses.

If there's going to be a potion that completely counters a classes defense ability, have one for each class. No brainier.

But block/ dodge roll and shields are class abilities?
    PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...
  • PrinceRyzen
    PrinceRyzen
    ✭✭✭

Stealth isn't a class ability. But detects also prevent cloak. Which is. Meaning both class and non class abilities are countered.

The point that's made is if a class main defense ability is countered by a potion. Ok. But let's have a potion to counter each class.

You chose a potion to either ignore CC, Stealth, Shields, blocking, or Dodging. I hate a potion negating another persons defense. It's bad design. But if it's applied to one, it's only fair if applied to all.

• joe.smith21b14_ESO
    joe.smith21b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭

Stealth isn't a class ability. But detects also prevent cloak. Which is. Meaning both class and non class abilities are countered.

The point that's made is if a class main defense ability is countered by a potion. Ok. But let's have a potion to counter each class.

You chose a potion to either ignore CC, Stealth, Shields, blocking, or Dodging. I hate a potion negating another persons defense. It's bad design. But if it's applied to one, it's only fair if applied to all.

I see no issue with det pots just learn to adapt to it
    Smiff
  • Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok so if you want potion that prevents shields and heals? So can we have a sets like shield breaker and fasallas that will lets say negate invisibility and stealth in 6m radius?
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!
    I am doing my best, but I am not a native speaker, sorry.

"Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game." - @AlexanderDeLarge
  • Edziu
    Edziu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mayrael wrote: »
    Ok so if you want potion that prevents shields and heals? So can we have a sets like shield breaker and fasallas that will lets say negate invisibility and stealth in 6m radius?

*cough*magelight*cough*
  • thankyourat
    thankyourat
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Any AOE works well. I'm actually surprised at how many people I encounter without an an AOE on their bar in open world cyrodiil. And then they get tore up by a nightblade and come on the forums and complain, I have no problems with detect pots I use then myself. But there are plenty stealth counters in the game already
    Edited by thankyourat on February 22, 2017 10:43AM
  • MalakithAlamahdi
    MalakithAlamahdi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fix magelight.

I'll soul assault you if I spot you.
  • Zouni
    Zouni
    ✭✭✭
    As a nightblade, I use these pots often...leave as is please!
    Nyxtes - NB
    Nyxta - Sorc
    Mastrofonoss - DK
    Gr Blue - Temp
  • UppGRAYxDD
    UppGRAYxDD
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As soon as they remove proc sets and raise incap again to 100...then sure go for it
    "Stendarr's mercy be upon you, for the vigil has none to spare."
  • PrinceRyzen
    PrinceRyzen
    ✭✭✭

You quoted me but I didn't have a issue dealing with detect pots. I simply stated that there should be similar potions for ALL classes.

That way we ALL have to learn to adapt.
  • arkansas_ESO
    arkansas_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

No need to run a certain set, just slot Radiant Magelight.

Imagine if every time you got hit with a Shield Breaker proc, you couldn't cast shields or Streak again for 6 seconds. Oh, and AOE and gapclosers go through your shields. That's how it is with Cloak.
    Edited by arkansas_ESO on February 22, 2017 4:06PM

Grand Overlord 25/8/17
  • deepseamk20b14_ESO
    deepseamk20b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BTW, I found another way to take people out of cloak last night in case you didn't already know. The Dot from the sheer venom set won't allow an NB to cloak. Just another reason why cloak isn't OP outside of any situation but ganking. I'd rather have a solid class heal than cloak.
    Hey everyone! Look! It's a signature!
  • rimmidimdim
    rimmidimdim
    ✭✭✭
    BTW, I found another way to take people out of cloak last night in case you didn't already know. The Dot from the sheer venom set won't allow an NB to cloak. Just another reason why cloak isn't OP outside of any situation but ganking. I'd rather have a solid class heal than cloak.

I also think silver shards breaks cloak. I need to test more to make sure, but I think it does. I don't want a solid class heal for the NB. But a defensive skill that works would be nice. I agree that cloak in not OP except for ganking. Detection pots are a viable way to uncloak cloak. It take resources, crafting, and you can't use other powerful pots. I think it's balanced. Just too many things other than specific skills and detection pots break cloak. Ty and cheers.
  • bowmanz607
    bowmanz607
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    your crazy op.

you got countered. learn to counter the counter.
  • Hurika
    Hurika
    ✭✭✭✭

Actually if we want to really make it fair I think the new pots would let everyone around you ignore shields/block/dodgeroll not just the drinker - to put them all on par.

People HATE gankers but want to take away abilities or push NBs further down on survivability. What do folks really think will happen when you take away straight up fight survivability? You'll create MORE gankers as front loading and killing without the need for lost survivability will be more viable.

Don't create a need for the playstyle you hate.
    Edited by Hurika on February 22, 2017 10:17PM
  • bowmanz607
    bowmanz607
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Besides the fact that I think you just need to learn to counter what countered you, cloak has many more benefits then just going invisible. Since you are talking about the lack of being able to use cloak defensively, I suggest you look at the one that gives minor protection. Even when you can't stealth you are getting a 8% reduction in damage plus major armor buffs. You get roughly 15% damage reduction just from using it once. So even when you can't go invisible your mitigating a good chunk of damage. Not to mention the extra health you get from slotting.

Now if you make a potion to negate shields or block or whatever absurd thing you want to do, then you are completely negating a whole defensive mechanic whereas detect pots only negate the invisible part of the skill, not the whole skillot

edited for clarity
    Edited by bowmanz607 on February 22, 2017 11:24PM
  • Hurika
    Hurika
    ✭✭✭✭
    I personally don't care and run a NB and use them all the time however I think we need a reality check on how many ways each defense mechanism can be countered with the understanding that some classes and styles are more dependent on 1 method or another. Remember though that NBs don't have class shields or a large single target insta-heal. Swap cloak for BoL, CDB type heal or a sorc type shield and you'd see far less gankers.

But meh - don't see any changes around this and really don't need any if cloak was reliable.

Though I also think being able to stealth at all should be a passive in the medium armor line requiring 5 pc medium armor so there's more value compared to HA but that's another internet argument for another day.
    Edited by Hurika on February 22, 2017 11:41PM
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You quoted me but I didn't have a issue dealing with detect pots. I simply stated that there should be similar potions for ALL classes.

Since no other defense prevents you from being attacked entirely - i don´t think you have a point.
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

• arkansas_ESO
    arkansas_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Derra wrote: »

Since no other defense prevents you from being attacked entirely - i don´t think you have a point.

You can still take damage in Cloak, though.

Grand Overlord 25/8/17
  • PrinceRyzen
    PrinceRyzen
    ✭✭✭
    Derra wrote: »

You can still take damage in Cloak, though.

Beat me to it. Perhaps he either meant something other than cloak or has never used it. Homestead patch supposedly is the first time cloak isn't broken by gap closers, weapon enchants, infernal guardian, etc in a year or so. AoEs are a given but the notion that cloak prevents attacks entirely is a mistaken one.

Cloak honestly has more counters to it than any other class defense in the game. It's simple, if you're cool with detect pots countering a class ability, you should be cool with every class having a counter potion.

• bowmanz607
    bowmanz607
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What is this about cloak being only defense mechanic??? For one, as I stated already, cloaks only mechanic is not just going inviaible. You get a raw damage rediction which can be increased or opted to increase damage. Your choice.

Nb also has class dodge chance which no one else does. Fear which reduces damage. A aoe heal times 2 another hot. And shades

Let's also not forget that a player that just used a detect pot now has no potion for 45 seconds. No burst heal or burst resources for that time from a potion.
    Edited by bowmanz607 on February 23, 2017 8:10PM
  • Sheuib
    Sheuib
    ✭✭✭✭
    Edziu wrote: »

*cough*magelight*cough*

You're missing the point. There are counters to heals and shields already so why do you keep saying there isn't?
  • WhiteMage
    WhiteMage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ the OP:

They've already taken Miat's from me! WHAT MORE DO YOU WANT!?!?!!?
    The generally amicable yet sporadically salty magplar that may or may not have 1vXed you in Sotha Sil. Who knows?
  • josh.lackey_ESO
    josh.lackey_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not to mention everyone can stealth. You just push ctrl and you go stealth, easy as that. There are also invis pots. This isn't specifically about cloak or about nightblades.
  • Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

*cough*magelight*cough*

Read. Understand. Write. In this order mate. I just answered to ask of one of your nb friends that since we have detection pots, we should also have pots that negate shields and healing. So I mentioned sets that are doing this and if we are talking about fairplay we should have sets that will counter cloak (maybe not as infernal gurdian did, but since shield breaker still exists why not?). I know how to counter cloak and also know GOOD nbs who know how and when to use cloak. Yes it wont let you flee from every situation but should it? I dont think so. Maybe a compromise? Adult people do this when they have different opinions you know. Lets remove all detection tools (except of AoEs) but add cost increase mechanic like bolt escape have? Hmm? Sound fair to you? I dont think so, I can see already that posts about how cloak is broken and blah blah... Because bolt escape is perfect, right. Play a sorc then.
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!
    I am doing my best, but I am not a native speaker, sorry.

"Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game." - @AlexanderDeLarge
  • Edziu
    Edziu
    ✭✭✭✭✭

*cough*magelight*cough*

Read. Understand. Write. In this order mate. I just answered to ask of one of your nb friends that since we have detection pots, we should also have pots that negate shields and healing. So I mentioned sets that are doing this and if we are talking about fairplay we should have sets that will counter cloak (maybe not as infernal gurdian did, but since shield breaker still exists why not?). I know how to counter cloak and also know GOOD nbs who know how and when to use cloak. Yes it wont let you flee from every situation but should it? I dont think so. Maybe a compromise? Adult people do this when they have different opinions you know. Lets remove all detection tools (except of AoEs) but add cost increase mechanic like bolt escape have? Hmm? Sound fair to you? I dont think so, I can see already that posts about how cloak is broken and blah blah... Because bolt escape is perfect, right. Play a sorc then.

I understand, at all very low amount of players are running with shieldbreaker...no any other skill than cloak have that many counters to just disable it and make skill useless.

and set to counter cloak also? in melee range you have this magelight, you have skills casting aoe around you and you want to get set thanks which wou will dont need to use your brain to counter cloak then.

I have better idea, how cloak is nonstop broken and people complain about it and many couinter to tis maybe just exanche this *** skills? I dont have any problem to just drop this skill for maybe great insta heal or shield etc which will have 100% to work and dont have that many counters.

about cost increase of any next use like in bolt escape I was thought long time ago, it will be not bad idea when bobming nb's was everywhere...but now how to hard is play as nb it will just kill more this class and you will see especially mag nb...maybe only 1 or 2 per campaign and still some more just stamblades but also maybe without cloak because not worth to slot
  • zuto40
    zuto40
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    elfantasmo wrote: »
    No one likes nightblades except other... nightblades. You are sneaky little proc stacking snipe spamming from 35 meters away cowards. You need to start your own nightblade forum until you fight me toe to toe.

Snipe spammers *** me off too but they die so easily when focused
    Stamblade- Legate
    Tank/Heals Templar- Sergeant
    Magic DK- Corporal
    Stam DK- Sergeant
    Stamplar- Corporal

YouTube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCy8uqORxhlrMh8oz2230s9g
  • joe.smith21b14_ESO
    joe.smith21b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    There is a set that increases det range and I'm pretty sure it stacks with mage light
    Smiff