The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

REMOVE STEALTH DETECT POTIONS ALREADY!

evoprimes
evoprimes
✭✭✭
Hello Zenimax,

Can you please remove this stupid concept in this game?

As it really breaks a whole class, the Nightblade.

Or you can just add other potions to remove shields and prevent healing :))

Thank you for your understanding.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe what they need to do is make it so that you can only be stealthed for 8 seconds?
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No this is all wrong!

Fix stealth detect pots. Cloak isn´t supposed to make skills miss even though i wasted my potion just to see my enemy.
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

• Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Derra wrote: »
    No this is all wrong!

Fix stealth detect pots. Cloak isn´t supposed to make skills miss even though i wasted my potion just to see my enemy.

From your mouth to the devs ears, as always.
  • DannyLV702
    DannyLV702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Stop hiding and fight like a man. Signed, a nightblade.
  • thankyourat
    thankyourat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What about nightblades who use detect pots
  • WuffyCerulei
    WuffyCerulei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Probs using Viper, Velidreth, and somethin else but gods forbid ya get detected before ya ganker a cp100 newb. #feelsbadman
    For the love of Kyne, buff sorc. PC NACP 2100+Star-Sïnger - Khajiit Magicka Sorc - EP Grand Overlord - Flawless Conqueror vMA/vBRP/vDSA no death/vHel Ra HM/vAA HM/vSO HM/vMoL HM/vHoF HM/vAS +2/vCR+3/vSS HMs/vKA HMs/vVH/vRG Oax HM/vDSR
  • BuggeX
    BuggeX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    sure remove dpots, but add better skills to detect gankers, so we dont have to waste pots, atleast
    #makemagickadkgreataigan
    #givemeaexecute
    #ineedheal
    #betterhotfixgrindspots
  • Skinzz
    Skinzz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I disagree. Detect pots are a good thing for preventing ganks and annoying players trying to gank others. I'm a nightblade btw.
    Anybody got a group? LFG, anybody? Hello?
  • Cathexis
    Cathexis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BuggeX wrote: »
    sure remove dpots, but add better skills to detect gankers, so we dont have to waste pots, atleast

Potion dependence sucks. Don't get me wrong I like having potions, but being forced to use potions to fight a class is mildly annoying. I like that they added half way descent potions you can buy for AP. That was a great half measure to general pvp potion dependence. I do also get the idea "why have alchemy if you don't have to use it." It would be nicer if the essential pvp potions were purchasable with ap, and then better, multi-effect potions were the craftable stuff. Just a thought.

If they offered viable skill alternatives though, they could at least dim down detect potions.
    Edited by Cathexis on February 20, 2017 2:23AM
    The Tomb of FPS Alteration Magic - Everything You Need to Know About FPS
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/520903/tomb-of-fps-alteration-magic-everything-you-need-to-know-about-fps
    Praise Malacath.
  • josh.lackey_ESO
    josh.lackey_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Buff Magelight and Revealing Flare! We should not have to use up our potion cooldown.
  • thankyourat
    thankyourat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Buff Magelight and Revealing Flare! We should not have to use up our potion cooldown.

Radiant mage light is a op stealth counter though. You can't be stunned, you take 50℅ less damage and it has a 12 meter radius. The only problem is people always pick the inner light morph for more damage. Sometimes if you want to counter something you have to give up some damage.
  • Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Radiant mage light is a op stealth counter though. You can't be stunned, you take 50℅ less damage and it has a 12 meter radius. The only problem is people always pick the inner light morph for more damage. Sometimes if you want to counter something you have to give up some damage.

Incap still stuns, DBoS leaves you on the ground flopping with a DOT, and RML doesn't prevent fear.

You just avoid some damage and a stun on the stealth opener. Most people survive that fine if they build for it now since proc sets can't crit.

People don't use the radiant morph because it doesn't help as much as the extra max magicka. A good NB will pop fear and incap as soon as they see their opponent survive the opener. You're stunned no matter what.

Radiant mage light is a nightblade forum warrior straw man. Nothing more.
    Edited by Minalan on February 20, 2017 3:15AM
  • KisoValley
    KisoValley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Delete stealth and then delete the pots
  • thankyourat
    thankyourat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Minalan wrote: »

Incap still stuns, DBoS leaves you on the ground flopping with a DOT, and RML doesn't prevent fear.

You just avoid some damage and a stun on the stealth opener. Most people survive that fine if they build for it now since proc sets can't crit.

People don't use the radiant morph because it doesn't help as much as the extra max magicka. A good NB will pop fear and incap as soon as they see their opponent survive the opener. You're stunned no matter what.

I use radiant magelight when I don't have mats to make detect pots it works fine for me. Once I see the stealth opener I just put my shield up. And it will usually absorb the incap. 99℅ of the time I can put my shield up before I get feared because radiant prevented the stun from the opener and it eased the damage as well. I don't think I've ever been ganked when running radiant unless I was fighting multiple nightblades. Once you survive the opener it's not a gank anymore it's just a 1v1. I think that's what radiant is really good for and what makes it strong it takes away the element of surprise and allows you to react when you first take damage. They won't be able to reset the fight either because you can just cast radiant when you see them try to cloak away, and the radius is pretty good. I really don't see the problem with radiant it's been a pretty strong skill for me.
  • Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

I use radiant magelight when I don't have mats to make detect pots it works fine for me. Once I see the stealth opener I just put my shield up. And it will usually absorb the incap. 99℅ of the time I can put my shield up before I get feared because radiant prevented the stun from the opener and it eased the damage as well. I don't think I've ever been ganked when running radiant unless I was fighting multiple nightblades. Once you survive the opener it's not a gank anymore it's just a 1v1. I think that's what radiant is really good for and what makes it strong it takes away the element of surprise and allows you to react when you first take damage. They won't be able to reset the fight either because you can just cast radiant when you see them try to cloak away, and the radius is pretty good. I really don't see the problem with radiant it's been a pretty strong skill for me.

I disagree. The RML radius is pretty tiny, by the time you cast it, they're long gone.

However, you CAN make a detect pot with immovable, 7K magicka, and major intellect. Pop that when you're hit and the fight is in your favor. No stuns or stealth for a short time, and that's really all you need.
  • thankyourat
    thankyourat
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I disagree. The RML radius is pretty tiny, by the time you cast it, they're long gone.

However, you CAN make a detect pot with immovable, 7K magicka, and major intellect. Pop that when you're hit and the fight is in your favor. No stuns or stealth for a short time, and that's really all you need.

Those are the pots I use and I do agree they are better than radiant magelight. I only use radiant when I don't have crafting mats to make those potions because I won't play in cyrodiil without a stealth counter or I'll just be nightblade food.
  • Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Those are the pots I use and I do agree they are better than radiant magelight. I only use radiant when I don't have crafting mats to make those potions because I won't play in cyrodiil without a stealth counter or I'll just be nightblade food.

You see, that's why imperial city is so great, with the sealed apothecary satchels for 500 TV stones.

You don't even have to farm any, just head topside and err... borrow a few stones from someone carrying too many of them.
    Edited by Minalan on February 20, 2017 4:15AM
  • josh.lackey_ESO
    josh.lackey_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Radiant mage light is a nightblade forum warrior straw man.
    Nothing more.

Glad someone else thanks so. I use radiant all the time, and it's a joke since it was changed from being a toggle to only last 5s. When it was a toggle you could stay in 12m range of someone and they couldn't cloak. Now you have to spam it while trying to stay on top of someone and also fight them.

At least half the time they are running Eternal Hunt and rolling like crazy, so pursuit is even more difficult. Just letting them get away not an option, because usually they will simply recover for a moment, then try to jump you again. And again, and again, until you lag a little or they get lucky crits.

The 3s reveal is too short. The 12m range is too small. The 5s duration is too little. To make matters worse, it's more useful to the gankers to empower their attack before they jump you. And the passives do not work while the buff is active. So if you activate it and bar swap, you lose Major Prophecy and the stealth protection. Even if you flip bars to pop it ever 6s.
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Detect pots are not class breaking . They're not all that reliable either . I use them and have them used against me . If you are getting spotted all the time try a Nights Terror set .
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Det pots have already got nerfed stopped crying.

The ability to go invisable and have attacks miss while giving you crit heals is already pretty strong.
    PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...
  • thankyourat
    thankyourat
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Radiant mage light is a nightblade forum warrior straw man.
    Nothing more.

Glad someone else thanks so. I use radiant all the time, and it's a joke since it was changed from being a toggle to only last 5s. When it was a toggle you could stay in 12m range of someone and they couldn't cloak. Now you have to spam it while trying to stay on top of someone and also fight them.

At least half the time they are running Eternal Hunt and rolling like crazy, so pursuit is even more difficult. Just letting them get away not an option, because usually they will simply recover for a moment, then try to jump you again. And again, and again, until you lag a little or they get lucky crits.

The 3s reveal is too short. The 12m range is too small. The 5s duration is too little. To make matters worse, it's more useful to the gankers to empower their attack before they jump you. And the passives do not work while the buff is active. So if you activate it and bar swap, you lose Major Prophecy and the stealth protection. Even if you flip bars to pop it ever 6s.

It sounds like you would like a hard counter to cloak. Like a shield breaker (set that shouldn't exist) for cloak. Look at it from another perspective. If you play a nightblade what fun are you having if one of your only defensive skills doesn't work. Cloak should be strong just like templars have strong heals and sorcs have strong shields. Radiant is more of a soft counter it's better used against gankers than it is against well built nightblades. Against well built nightblades it's going to be difficult to keep them from cloaking effectively as it should be. How would a Templar feel if someone had an ability that made their heals heal for 0 damage.
    Edited by thankyourat on February 20, 2017 8:28AM
  • Cinnamon_Spider
    Cinnamon_Spider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Detect pots need to be buffed back to their original length of time IMO.
    Cinn #SorcLivesMatter
    Exquisite Bedlam - Sorcerer AD rank 34
    Cinnamonspiderdreams - Sorcerer EP rank 24
    Synaris Astarte - Templar DC rank 24
    Cinnamon Spider - Nightblade AD

Youtube - Cinnamon_Spider
  • Chilla_Deluxe
    Chilla_Deluxe
    ✭✭✭

RML is just to prevent you from dying before you can react. If a nightblade doesnt 1 shot me I'm not gonna die though thats usually how it is^^
    Edited by Chilla_Deluxe on February 20, 2017 9:30AM
    ✭✭✭
    No one likes nightblades except other... nightblades. You are sneaky little proc stacking snipe spamming from 35 meters away cowards. You need to start your own nightblade forum until you fight me toe to toe.
  • soll
    soll
    ✭✭✭
    salty NB makes me happy every single time :*
    EU PC
    I like to heal
    Triggered Tryhards/ HighRisk
    EP – Sollencia
    AD – Sollencia Overdose
    When you've invested time and money into a company, you have the right to be upset over changes that will negatively affect your experience and gameplay.

• elfantasmo
    elfantasmo
    ✭✭✭
    Snap
  • Edziu
    Edziu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    evoprimes wrote: »
    Hello Zenimax,

Can you please remove this stupid concept in this game?

As it really breaks a whole class, the Nightblade.

Or you can just add other potions to remove shields and prevent healing :))

Thank you for your understanding.

detect pots are fine at all...just need to add this what you wrote, pots or maybe poison which will prevent your enemy from use shields and healing like det pots prevent us form using our only defensive skill - cloak
    Edited by Edziu on February 20, 2017 10:31AM
  • montjie
    montjie
    ✭✭✭
    OP just wants his opponents to be like training skeletons, but with less health and AP rewards after they die

Get real...

- easy farmable saltbucket -
    - retired QQ king of Daggerfall Covenant PC-EU Azura's Star/Sotha Sil/weird dragon name/Ravenwatch zone chat -
  • boundsy88
    boundsy88
    ✭✭✭
    Stealth Detect not only should not be removed, but the duration of the potions should be increased to what they use to be or at least to be longer than they are now. They nerfed them in the IC patch because the theory was everyone had to be a nightblade in there to make any stones and get away with them.

Stealth Detection is the only balance to counter Xv1 gankers. If im fighting a nightblade and they hide from me for more than 5 seconds you can bet im popping a detect pot on you, if you dont your death recap will end up with their name on it when other people start fighting you due to the excessive cowardice of almost every nightblade in the game.

I practically main a stam and magicka nightblade, so there is no bias here whatsoever.

• elfantasmo
    elfantasmo
    ✭✭✭
    montjie wrote: »
    OP just wants his opponents to be like training skeletons, but with less health and AP rewards after they die

Get real...

Another comprehensive analysis. GJ.