The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

A suggestion to improve Argonians

• ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oompuh wrote: »
    Argonians are fine, more than fine actually. Great for Tanking and Healing in PvE.

OP wants an Argonian damage dealer. Hence the change suggestion to also include an increase to Max Stamina.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • kendellking_chaosb14_ESO
    kendellking_chaosb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    dsalter wrote: »
    increasing max stats would be a pretty huge buff, considering max magicka/stamina = more raw damage.
    this sounds like you just want a gank build buff more than anything

Actually that's what Argonians are every race fills its lore role besides Argonians are most know as deadly Assassins not just the Shadow Scales but in war Argonians use hit and run attacks Argonians are the best gorilla fighters Assassins are not just healers and are in no way tanks ZoS made them healers to full the Tank, Healer and Damage Dealer MMO standard.

You underestimate how valuable their 12% to all resources is from a potion use.

Especially in PVP.

No lie this is a great passive on my Builds that have good sustain it's not as nice cause they barely use potions so it's a waste if you manage resources but no doubt the best passive we have.

The resistance buff and the max magic are both trash they equally do next to nothing. But none of this matter players we just pick the min/max races and ZoS has done nothing to stop the Tank and Healer pigeonhole. So not real help for the player base and we all know ZoS gives no damn.

So why keep trying this. I stop reporting bug, asking for changes and helping new players it's all a waste.

Chaos Shadow-Scale: Shadow Archer
    Chaos Death-Scale: Shadow Knight
    Tanks-With-Sap-Essence: Dark Mage
    Dark Brotherhood Listener: Blade of Argonia
    Chaos Dragon-Scale: Draconic Shield Master
    Chaos Light-Scale: Marsh Paladin
    Chaos Lightning-Scale: Daedric Master
    Hurricane Chaos: Storm Archer
    Bask-In-My-Light: Warrior of The Light
    Forged-In-Dragon-Fire: Pyro Mage
    Guardian of The Hist: Light Mender
    Chaos of Black Marsh: Master of The Burning Sword
    Star of Chaos: Frost Blade Champion
    Chaos-Lightning-Tower: Lightning Shield Master

For the King of Argonia
    May Sithis hold back his Void
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Delete filthy argonians would be best change
  • EldritchPenguin
    EldritchPenguin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lemme math this out for a second.

If the passive lasts 10 seconds, and potions have a 45 second cooldown, then the passive will have a 22% uptime without investing into potion cooldown reduction.

So over the course of the fight, you'll have an extra 10% to all stats 22% of the time, and an extra 0% to all stats the remaining 78% of the time. Over the course of a minute, you, on average, will have 2.2% increased stats, on top of your 3% Mag/Stam, for an overall increase of 11.2% to health and a whopping 5.2% increase to Mag/Stam.

It would really only be good for burst with Clever Alch builds in PvP, unless the numbers on it were significantly higher. In which case, I feel like people would still shy away from Argonians for DPS roles if they don't want to chug potions like addicts to stay competitive.

A pocket Warhorn could be an interesting idea, but I'd honestly rather have potion cooldown reduction or more Magicka.
    Edited by EldritchPenguin on February 20, 2017 2:10PM
    Lilelle Adlis - Dark Elf Dragonknight

Vaynothah Sailenar - Dark Elf Templar

Sherivah Telvanni - Dark Elf Sorcerer

Nephiah Telvanni - Dark Elf Nightblade
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

If the passive lasts 10 seconds, and potions have a 45 second cooldown, then the passive will have a 22% uptime without investing into potion cooldown reduction.

So over the course of the fight, you'll have an extra 10% to all stats 22% of the time, and an extra 0% to all stats the remaining 88% of the time. Over the course of a minute, you, on average, will have 2.2% increased stats, on top of your 3% Mag/Stam, for an overall increase of 11.2% to health and a whopping 5.2% increase to Mag/Stam.

It would really only be good for burst with Clever Alch builds in PvP, unless the numbers on it were significantly higher. In which case, I feel like people would still shy away from Argonians for DPS roles if they don't want to chug potions like addicts to stay competitive.

A pocket Warhorn could be an interesting idea, but I'd honestly rather have potion cooldown reduction or more Magicka.

You messed up on the maths

0% extra stats 78% of the time :wink:
    PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...
  • maxjapank
    maxjapank
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Argonian passives are fine.
  • Dr_Rektar
    Dr_Rektar
    ✭✭✭
    Argonians are nice healing / tanking class.
    Engine guardian - best set ever
  • Darkonflare15
    Darkonflare15
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    increasing max stats would be a pretty huge buff, considering max magicka/stamina = more raw damage.

Actually that's what Argonians are every race fills its lore role besides Argonians are most know as deadly Assassins not just the Shadow Scales but in war Argonians use hit and run attacks Argonians are the best gorilla fighters Assassins are not just healers and are in no way tanks ZoS made them healers to full the Tank, Healer and Damage Dealer MMO standard.

Especially in PVP.

No lie this is a great passive on my Builds that have good sustain it's not as nice cause they barely use potions so it's a waste if you manage resources but no doubt the best passive we have.

The resistance buff and the max magic are both trash they equally do next to nothing. But none of this matter players we just pick the min/max races and ZoS has done nothing to stop the Tank and Healer pigeonhole. So not real help for the player base and we all know ZoS gives no damn.

So why keep trying this. I stop reporting bug, asking for changes and helping new players it's all a waste.

I am so tired of players always going to Argonian lore for their passives. There is nothing in Argonian lore that clearly states Argonians are specifily good at anything that resembles offensive that would work with this game. Yes poison and disease resistance is there and something to do with swimming is there but just because they are good at hit and run tactics does not mean any stam buff or any other damage buff. All this means is they are knowledgeble about surviving and that they are jack of all trades not really a master of anything. So what to do with a race that not really good at anything other than survival and do not have any defining traits. You make them a survival race. Argonian is the only race in game that has a way to get resources from all sources. Magic, health, and stamina. Give them health to survive hits and allow them to heal faster. Any other buff is just there to make them more useful and other areas.

• Dracindo
    Dracindo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "They're also like, the worst race".
    Now, I'm going to have to stop you right there. Orcs are still a valid race.

On topic:
    The passives are good, in my opinion.
  • Mix
    Mix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This thread makes me wonder if the OP ever saw the original Argonian passives!

I always play Argonians because I love the race and I know they aren't THE best for end-game PvE dps but I would rather play a character I love than one purely because they currently have the best racials for dps.

I think our updated racials put us nicely beside the other races. (prior to update there was a lot of reason to complain lol)

As for your suggested changes: I don't like either of them really. Adding a stamina bonus AND a magicka bonus would likely put us ahead of other races in terms of benefits from racials. Also, I love the potions restoring ALL resources. I can use my dps potions (restore mag/spell power buff) AND get health and stam back whenever I use them. A mini-warhorn seems too OP and not suitable as a racial.
  • sumisu1
    sumisu1
    ✭✭✭
    defined purpose? the spines are ERECT with PURPOSE.
    giphy.gif
  • Vildebill
    Vildebill
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No defined purpose? Probably the best tanking race with the resource management and received healing. Good for healing too, not exactly Breton good but still.
    EU PC
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looking at their racial passives, argonians are "Jack of all trades, master of none". They are awesome healers, that is for sure, but if there is something that can be improved it is this:

Change + 3% magicka bonus to:
    "Increases your Max Magicka or Stamina by 3% ,whatever stat is higher"
    That way the bonus will stay the same, but it will be available for both stamina and magicka builds.

Btw. If you look at the lore you will see that argonians always had bonuses to "stamina" things like speed & agility (in Morrowind & Oblivion) and for lock-picking, pick-pocket & sneak (in Skyrim).

From a technical point of view - it won't a buff or nerf. It will be just a slight change that will make argonian passives more lore - accurate.
    Edited by Tommy_The_Gun on February 20, 2017 2:25PM
  • EldritchPenguin
    EldritchPenguin
    ✭✭✭✭✭

So over the course of the fight, you'll have an extra 10% to all stats 22% of the time, and an extra 0% to all stats the remaining 88% of the time. Over the course of a minute, you, on average, will have 2.2% increased stats, on top of your 3% Mag/Stam, for an overall increase of 11.2% to health and a whopping 5.2% increase to Mag/Stam.

You messed up on the maths

0% extra stats 78% of the time :wink:
    Whoops. xP

Fixed.

Thanks for the catch.
    Lilelle Adlis - Dark Elf Dragonknight

Vaynothah Sailenar - Dark Elf Templar

Sherivah Telvanni - Dark Elf Sorcerer

Nephiah Telvanni - Dark Elf Nightblade
  • Browiseth
    Browiseth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Mix wrote: »
    This thread makes me wonder if the OP ever saw the original Argonian passives!
    i did

i'm still bitter
    skingrad when zoscharacters:
    • EP - M - Strikes-with-Arcane - Argonian Stamina Sorc - lvl 50 - The Flawless Conqueror/Spirit Slayer
    • EP - F - Melina Elinia - Dunmer Magicka Dragonknight - lvl 50
    • EP - F - Sinnia Lavellan - Altmer Warden Healer - lvl 50
    • EP - M - Follows-the-Arcane - Argonian Healer Sorcerer- lvl 50
    • EP - F - Ashes-of-Arcane - Argonian Magicka Necromancer - lvl 50
    • EP - M - Bolgrog the Sinh - Orc Stamina Dragonknight - lvl 50
    • EP - F - Moonlight Maiden - Altmer Magicka Templar - lvl 50
    • EP - F - Maxine Cauline - Breton Magicka Nightblade - lvl 50
    • EP - M - Garrus Loridius - Imperial Stamina Templar - lvl 50
    • EP - F - Jennifer Loridius - Imperial Necromancer tank - lvl 50
    PC/NA but live in EU 150+ ping lyfe
  • Runschei
    Runschei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So no one wants to change the swim speed?
  • King-Justin-Arisdale
    In the hands of a skilled player an Argonian is one badass race.
    Excellent tanks and healers, and excellent in PvP.
    I had been dubbed "the beast" by some guilds I have tanked for since launch.

6LR5RNk.jpg
    Edited by King-Justin-Arisdale on February 20, 2017 7:14PM
  • SickDuck
    SickDuck
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Argonian racial passives are amazing. Buffing them the suggested way would be OP.
    Holdviola - Khira'de Regalo - Lélekvadász - Used To Be An Adventurer - Zetor - Does-Not-Give-A-Duck - Lord Sugar - Tenar Arha - Da'rinka - Violent Moon - Extreme Runner
  • CirithValaria
    CirithValaria
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't know maybe I'm a fanlizard, but for me they have always been good enough.
    After their latest buffs I honestly feel they are more than balanced and suited well for all roles and many builds.
    Even if I like Zos I can't help to think that if they decide to change something it will go worse rather than make it "better".

lGJAf.jpg
    Motto:
    “What we have done for ourselves alone dies with us...
    What we have done for others and the world, it remains and is immortal...”

About me:
    @Cirith-Valar'ia & @Lilith-Valar'ia (in-game)
    | hardcore-casual | pc-eu / ps4-eu | pve | pvp | player since early beta | subscriber since early-launch |
    | The Sanctum Sanctorum - founder & guild master |

Characters:
    @Cirith-Valar'ia(pc-eu)
    Cirith Valar'ia | Dunmer (F) | Lady of Light, Templar DD (stamina) | (ex)VR 16 | Aldmeri Dominion (Master Crafter - all crafts, traits & styles.)
    Nezghul Sithis | Breton (F) | Winter Ward, Warden Tank (magic) | lvl 50 | Aldmeri Dominion
    Hakrate Hecate | Orc (F) | Dying Light, Templar DD (stamina, PvP) | lvl 50 | Aldmeri Dominion
    Tummien-Vesien-Tulkki | Argonian (M) | Blood Shield, Nightblade Tank (magic) | (ex)VR 16 | Ebonheart Pact
    Valonkantaja | Argonian (F) | Healer of the Hist, Templar Healer | (ex)VR 16 | Ebonheart Pact
    Tulenvalaja | Argonian (M) | Guardian of the Hist, Dragonknight DD (magic) | (ex)VR 16 | Ebonheart Pact
    Kuolon-Raatojen-Kaitsija | Argonian (M) | Corpsekeeper of the Hist, Necromancer Tank (magic) | lvl 20 | Ebonheart Pact
    Kal-Mah | Argonian (F) | Spawn of Wamasu, Sorcerer Tank (magic) | (ex)VR 16 | Ebonheart Pact
    Puutiainen | Bosmer (F) | Horny Ravager, Sorcerer DD (stamina) | (ex)VR 16 | Daggerfall Covenant
    Musta-Surma | Khajiit (F) | Nightpawler, Nightblade DD - thief/murderer (stamina) | (ex)VR 16 | Daggerfall Covenant
    T'Sok Shiar | Altmer (F) | Touched by Daedra, Sorcerer DD (magic) | (ex)VR 1 | Daggerfall Covenant (Master Cook - all recipes.)
    S'auron | Khajiit (M) | Poison Paw, Dragonknight DD (stamina) | lvl 50 | Daggerfall Covenant
    (1100CP)

@Lilith-Valar'ia(pc-eu)
    Lilith Valar'ia | Dunmer (F) | Phœnix, Dragonknight Healer | lvl 25 | Aldmeri Dominion
    Stormpaw | Khajiit (F) | Cpt. Pirate Puss, Sorcerer DD (stamina) | lvl 25 | Aldmeri Dominion
    Iliath Valar'ia | Dunmer (F) | Storm Ward, Sorcerer Tank (magic) | lvl 25 | Aldmeri Dominion
    Haudantakainen | Argonian (M) | Pale Avenger, Nightblade DD (magic) | lvl 25 | Ebonheart Pact
    Kira Tal'Shiar | Breton (F) | Warrior of Light, Templar DD (magic) | lvl 10 | Ebonheart Pact
    Sunpaw | Khajiit (M) | Crescent Moon Guardian, Templar Tank (stamina, PvP) | lvl 40 | Daggerfall Covenant
    Shangri Shadowtusk | Orc (F) | Shadowtusk, Nightblade DD (stamina) | lvl 50 | Daggerfall Covenant
    (180CP)

@CirithValaria(ps4-eu)
    Topaz-dar | Khajiit (F) | Mysticat, Sorcerer DD (stamina) | lvl 5 | Aldmeri Dominion
    Her-Frozen-Heart | Argonian (F) | Frozen Shield, Warden Tank (magicka) | lvl 5 | Daggerfall Covenant
    Neazgûl | Redguard (F) | Bear Matron, Warden DD (stamina) | lvl 50 | Daggerfall Covenant
    (160CP)
  • JWKe
    JWKe
    ✭✭✭✭
    They have one of the strongest racials in the current build and you're suggesting a buff? Lolol rip
    Edited by JWKe on February 20, 2017 8:18PM
  • kendellking_chaosb14_ESO
    kendellking_chaosb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Especially in PVP.

I am so tired of players always going to Argonian lore for their passives. There is nothing in Argonian lore that clearly states Argonians are specifily good at anything that resembles offensive that would work with this game. Yes poison and disease resistance is there and something to do with swimming is there but just because they are good at hit and run tactics does not mean any stam buff or any other damage buff. All this means is they are knowledgeble about surviving and that they are jack of all trades not really a master of anything. So what to do with a race that not really good at anything other than survival and do not have any defining traits. You make them a survival race. Argonian is the only race in game that has a way to get resources from all sources. Magic, health, and stamina. Give them health to survive hits and allow them to heal faster. Any other buff is just there to make them more useful and other areas.

The lore matters every other race has passives that match perfectly with their lore. Argonians got the shifted hard. We are not resistant to poison and diseases. We are completely immune to poison and nearly immune to all diseases the resistance passives is not even close.

Nord have strong frost resistance, Breton defend well vs magic. Dummer can take the heat. Their passives reflect as much Argonians in this game are nothing like the lore you can burn a Dark Elf, freeze a Nord and hurt a Breton with magic but can't poison or drown an Argonian.

Yes the potion passive is nice it also has a default 45 seconds cooldown 30 seconds with max reductions to potion cooldowns have a 12% resource return every 45 seconds and that's only if you chain potions has a 25% uptime per minute. Add the that most players have one big and two small pools it's not much help to the smaller pools.

Plus come on any with a 30 second cooldown that's the longest races cool down by far.
    Chaos Shadow-Scale: Shadow Archer
    Chaos Death-Scale: Shadow Knight
    Tanks-With-Sap-Essence: Dark Mage
    Dark Brotherhood Listener: Blade of Argonia
    Chaos Dragon-Scale: Draconic Shield Master
    Chaos Light-Scale: Marsh Paladin
    Chaos Lightning-Scale: Daedric Master
    Hurricane Chaos: Storm Archer
    Bask-In-My-Light: Warrior of The Light
    Forged-In-Dragon-Fire: Pyro Mage
    Guardian of The Hist: Light Mender
    Chaos of Black Marsh: Master of The Burning Sword