The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

A suggestion to improve Argonians

Browiseth
Browiseth
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
Argonians are cool. Aren't Argonians cool? I'm sure one of you is going to make a slavery joke or something, because you Elder Scrolls fans are just into that I guess, but I think Argonians are cool. They're also like, the worst race, and quite frankly it doesn't feel like they have a defined purpose; their racials feel balanced across different playstyles, as opposed to something like Redguard which just says "play me stam pls"

As balanced as they are though, for me they don't feel effective enough in the big deeps side of things, so my suggestion is to change the Resourceful passive at rank 3 from:

"Increases your Max Magicka by 3%
Whenever you drink a potion you restore 12% of your Max Health, Magicka and Stamina"

to:

"Increases your Max Magicka and Stamina by 3%
Whenever you drink a potion, you increase your Max Health, Magicka and Stamina by 12% for 10 seconds"

The 3% stamina boost is really only because I'm biased, so I fully accept if it sounds OP. The potion bit likely needs tweaking, but the idea's there at least

lemme know what you think in the comments section below. be sure to smash that like button if you enjoyed, and subscribe for more content like this one

or just make a dark elf slavery joke

you were probably going to do that anyway without me even mentioning it so

skingrad when zoscharacters:
  • EP - M - Strikes-with-Arcane - Argonian Stamina Sorc - lvl 50 - The Flawless Conqueror/Spirit Slayer
  • EP - F - Melina Elinia - Dunmer Magicka Dragonknight - lvl 50
  • EP - F - Sinnia Lavellan - Altmer Warden Healer - lvl 50
  • EP - M - Follows-the-Arcane - Argonian Healer Sorcerer- lvl 50
  • EP - F - Ashes-of-Arcane - Argonian Magicka Necromancer - lvl 50
  • EP - M - Bolgrog the Sinh - Orc Stamina Dragonknight - lvl 50
  • EP - F - Moonlight Maiden - Altmer Magicka Templar - lvl 50
  • EP - F - Maxine Cauline - Breton Magicka Nightblade - lvl 50
  • EP - M - Garrus Loridius - Imperial Stamina Templar - lvl 50
  • EP - F - Jennifer Loridius - Imperial Necromancer tank - lvl 50
PC/NA but live in EU 150+ ping lyfe
  • Runschei
    Runschei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    what about the swim speed?
  • bulbousb16_ESO
    bulbousb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Browiseth wrote: »
    Whenever you drink a potion you restore 12% of your Max Health, Magicka and Stamina"

to:

Whenever you drink a potion, you increase your Max Health, Magicka and Stamina by 12% for 10 seconds"

Wait, so you'd propose adding in a Stamina increase, but making the other heals temporary?

This makes Argonian healers cry.
    Lethal zergling
  • Browiseth
    Browiseth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

to:

Wait, so you'd propose adding in a Stamina increase, but making the other heals temporary?

This makes Argonian healers cry.

It's not like I'm suggesting to remove the healing boost, lmao
    • EP - M - Strikes-with-Arcane - Argonian Stamina Sorc - lvl 50 - The Flawless Conqueror/Spirit Slayer
  • dsalter
    dsalter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    increasing max stats would be a pretty huge buff, considering max magicka/stamina = more raw damage.
    this sounds like you just want a gank build buff more than anything
    PLEASE REPLY TO ME WITH @dsalter otherwise i'm likely to miss the reply if its not my own thread

EU - [Arch Mage Dave] Altmer Sorcerer
    Fight back at the crates and boxes, together we can change things.

• Zach2322
    Zach2322
    ✭✭✭
    I'm going to be honest, I think they are in a perfect place right now. They don't particularly need a 3% stamina increase as the magika one is almost unnoticeable. They are great for new players because it helps them with resource sustain. They have 7 or 8 effects in their passives while most have around 4-6. There isn't any need to keep giving the argonian more passives.

Before you say I don't know any better, my main character is a MagBlade argonian. It's been than since the console release and before that, I played around with an argonian templar on the beta. I feel like they are best for a person who can't decide what playstyle they want to do because they can fill each role just fine. Sure if you wanted to play stamina, just role something that has a max stam increase. At the moment there is 5 races that has exclusively astamina bonus to choose from while there is only 3 races that has exclusively a magika bonus. Dark elf has both so of the 9 races to choose from, 4 have magic bonuses. I don't see a need to give the another stamina bonus to a race when there are more of them available than there are magic bonuses.
  • Browiseth
    Browiseth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    dsalter wrote: »
    increasing max stats would be a pretty huge buff, considering max magicka/stamina = more raw damage.
    this sounds like you just want a gank build buff more than anything

i don't pvp so

no that's not what i want lol
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tail bash like the clanfear have, for balance make it pretty weak so nobody would use it in an serious fight once they had enough combat skills to fill the bar but good fun.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • cpuScientist
    cpuScientist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Argonains are fine as is honestly. But if anything were to be added it would be increased poison damage and 3% max stam.
  • Tyrobag
    Tyrobag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Didnt even bother reading past the complete falsehood of "They're also like, the worst race". They are literally the best race XD

If you want to be a healer or a tank they are 100% the best race. and for everyone else the potion buff is fricken amazing.
  • Browiseth
    Browiseth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Tyrobag wrote: »
    Didnt even bother reading past the complete falsehood of "They're also like, the worst race". They are literally the best race XD

If you want to be a healer or a tank they are 100% the best race. and for everyone else the potion buff is fricken amazing.

i say they're the worst race because i don't feel like they have a defined purpose; and that's fine, i love passives that are flexible and offer multiple benefits
    but i feel like they just need something to tip them over the edge really to be consistently good; the potion thing is nice, but it's only being used once every 45 seconds and then it's gone, and it's not like sustaining yourself (in pve) is difficult to begin with
    Edited by Browiseth on February 18, 2017 6:18PM
  • Silver_Strider
    Silver_Strider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Give us 6% max magic.
    All we need to not be so lacking.

I'd like a stamina buff too but I'll settle on what I currently have available.
    Argonian forever
  • Artemiisia
    Artemiisia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    come on, you can swim really really fast, what else u need !!
  • Alpheu5
    Alpheu5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ...quite frankly it doesn't feel like they have a defined purpose; their racials feel balanced across different playstyles, as opposed to something like Redguard which just says "play me stam pls"

This is exactly what makes Argonians so great. Why would you want to pigeonhole us into a specific playstyle?
    Dalek-Rok - Argonian Sorcerer || Dalek-Shād - Argonian Nightblade || Dalek-Shul - Argonian Templar || Dalek-Xal - Argonian Dragonknight || Mounts-the-Snout - Argonian Warden || Dalek-Xul - Argonian Necromancer || Two-Spires - Argonian Arcanist || Dalek-Nesh - Argonian Sorcerer || Dalek-Kör - Argonian Dragonknight
    Don't incorporate bugs into your builds, and you won't have [an] issue.
  • austinwalter87ub17_ESO
    austinwalter87ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You underestimate how valuable their 12% to all resources is from a potion use.

Especially in PVP.
    PC and PS4 (bring back character transfers please?)
    Templar Extraordinaire
  • DaFatCookie
    DaFatCookie
    ✭✭✭
    I play an argonian stamDK Tank i have no problems with the max magicka i feel like it can either be removed for mag recovery or add mag recovery with, the potion passive goes well with the medicinal use passive the disease and poison resistance is great for pvp and some dungeons, the healing passive is so great as a tank when i use vigor i heal my group for more , the swimming speed is just cool. i have no problem with the passive
    Edited by DaFatCookie on February 18, 2017 11:09PM
    Love being an Argonian Tank and Khajiit DPS
  • hmsdragonfly
    hmsdragonfly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "the worst race" and "their racials feel balanced across different playstyles" are two opposite things. xD

Argonians excel at:
    +PvE: Tanking (one of the best race for tanking), Healing (one of the best race of healing)
    +PvP: Everything in PvP.
    Yeah they don't excel at vet trials PvE DPS, but so what, half of the races don't excel at PvE DPS.
    Edited by hmsdragonfly on February 19, 2017 1:04AM
    Aldmeri Dominion Loyalist. For the Queen!
  • Volrion
    Volrion
    ✭✭✭✭
    I actually think we're in a pretty good place. But if you wanna give us more max stats, sure I'll take it.
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Argonians are fine, stop asking for buffs that aren't needed.
    PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...
  • Arthmoor
    Arthmoor
    ✭✭✭
    People like to joke about the swim speed, but I love it. Escaping guards by jumping into the water is loads of fun.
  • dodgehopper_ESO
    dodgehopper_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Argonians are cool. Aren't Argonians cool? I'm sure one of you is going to make a slavery joke or something, because you Elder Scrolls fans are just into that I guess, but I think Argonians are cool. They're also like, the worst race, and quite frankly it doesn't feel like they have a defined purpose; their racials feel balanced across different playstyles, as opposed to something like Redguard which just says "play me stam pls"

As balanced as they are though, for me they don't feel effective enough in the big deeps side of things, so my suggestion is to change the Resourceful passive at rank 3 from:

to:

The 3% stamina boost is really only because I'm biased, so I fully accept if it sounds OP. The potion bit likely needs tweaking, but the idea's there at least

lemme know what you think in the comments section below. be sure to smash that like button if you enjoyed, and subscribe for more content like this one

The way they are now they're more of a tanking and healing race. I do think it odd that they don't have stamina as a guerrilla warfare race, but its not the end of the world. Mark it up to the Hist trees shaping them this way for this time in history.
    US/AD - Dodge Hopper - Vet Imperial Templar | US/AD - Goj-ei-Raj - Vet Argonian Nightblade
    US/AD - Arondonimo - Vet Altmer Sorcerer | US/AD - Azumarax - Vet Dunmer Dragon Knight
    US/AD - Barkan al-Sheharesh - Vet Redguard Dragon Knight | US/AD - Aelus Vortavoriil - Vet Altmer Templar
    US/AD - Shirari Qa'Dar - Vet Khajiit Nightblade | US/AD - Ndvari Mzunchvolenthumz - Vet Bosmer Nightblade
    US/EP - Yngmar - Vet Nord Dragon Knight | US/EP - Reloth Ur Fyr - Vet Dunmer Sorcerer
    US/DC - Muiredeach - Vet Breton Sorcerer | US/DC - Nachtrabe - Vet Orc Nightblade
    EU/DC - Dragol gro-Unglak - Vet Orc Dragon Knight | EU/DC - Targan al-Barkan - Vet Redguard Templar
    EU/DC - Wuthmir - Vet Nord Sorcerer | EU/DC - Kosh Ragotoro - Vet Khajiit Nightblade
    <And plenty more>
  • KochDerDamonen
    KochDerDamonen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As the proud owner of 6 max level argonians across two platforms, we're doing perfectly fine and I love the potion passive as-is :p

If you quote someone, and intend for them to see what you have said, be sure to Mention them with @[insert name].
  • Browiseth
    Browiseth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Alpheu5 wrote: »
    ...quite frankly it doesn't feel like they have a defined purpose; their racials feel balanced across different playstyles, as opposed to something like Redguard which just says "play me stam pls"

This is exactly what makes Argonians so great. Why would you want to pigeonhole us into a specific playstyle?

I don't

Nowhere in my suggestion do I intend to give that impression
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

to:

I also think they should have a bonus for stamina (after all shadow-scales are in lore, right ? ) :wink:

Currently, looking at their racial passives argonians are "Jack of all trades, master of none".
    In order not to make them OP this 3% can be like this:
    "Increases your Max Magicka or Stamina by 3% ,whatever stat is higher"

That way the bonus will stay the same, but it will be available for both stamina and magicka builds.

From a technical point of view - it won't a buff or nerf. It will be just a slight change that will make argonian passives more lore - accurate.
  • KochDerDamonen
    KochDerDamonen
    ✭✭✭✭✭

to:

I also think they should have a bonus for stamina (after all shadow-scales are in lore, right ? ) :wink:

Currently, looking at their racial passives argonians are "Jack of all trades, master of none".
    In order not to make them OP this 3% can be like this:
    "Increases your Max Magicka or Stamina by 3% ,whatever stat is higher"

That way the bonus will stay the same, but it will be available for both stamina and magicka builds.

From a technical point of view - it won't a buff or nerf. It will be just a slight change that will make argonian passives more lore - accurate.

Old-school lore (read: Oblivion and earlier) would have female argonians with a magicka boon and males with stamina, not that I'm advocating for that :p
    If you quote someone, and intend for them to see what you have said, be sure to Mention them with @[insert name].
  • Oompuh
    Oompuh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Argonians are fine, more than fine actually. Great for Tanking and Healing in PvE.
    Xbox NA - Oompa
    Khajiit DK Tank
    Founder of Major Aegis
    Main Tank of Dissonant Crusade Uprising Savages
  • MythicEmperor
    MythicEmperor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How about we remove all of their bonuses to show how inferior they are to the Dunmer?
    With cold regards,
    Mythic

Favorite Characters:
    Kilith Telvayn, Dunmer Telvanni Sorcerer (main)
    Kilith, Dunmer Magblade (old main)
    Vadusa Venim, Dunmer crafter (older main)
    Hir Hlaalu, Dunmer Warden
    Søren Icehelm, N'wah Warden
    Fargoth of Morrowind, Bosmer commoner
  • kyle.wilson
    kyle.wilson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    New costume data mined for Argonians
    barney-small.gif
  • kewl
    kewl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Argonians are great right now.
  • KisoValley
    KisoValley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Argonians give out the best heals (give up sustain compared to Breton/Altmer ofc) and probably the #2 or #3 race for tanking.

They're fine.
  • Grymmoire
    Grymmoire
    ✭✭✭✭
    Argonians are fine, stop asking for buffs that aren't needed.

So says the player that doesn't show he even plays an Argonian; signature denotes eight avatars, of which, half are Redguards.