The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Stuff that NEEDS to be fixed

Passifest
Passifest
✭✭✭✭
Alright what "needs" to be fixed is relative that said this is bs. I think the majority of players can agree that these things need to be fixed though.

- Random disconnects

- Horrible ping half the time

-Random long loading screens

-Mail not working/updating without relogging

-Guild stores being buggy as hell

-On a quality of life note we really realllllllly need more inventory space. It makes no sense to me that they would not put storage area in houses. You can't keep adding sets and not add inventory space ffs.

The majority of things on this list have been in game for as long as I can remember. It is not like there is a lack of funding and it is not like they are unaware of these problems. Patch after patch I look for fixes for these things but there is nothing. I have not seen acknowledgement that they are looking into these problems either. We as a community need to keep talking about these issues. Community pressure does work.
  • JamieAubrey
    JamieAubrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Load times in Cyro 7am in the morning and I'm getting long as load times
  • AzraelKrieg
    AzraelKrieg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    - Random disconnects - Connection to server. Could be fixed serverside by problem may persist even after a serverside upgrade. Most likely a routing issue from the client to the server

- Horrible ping half the time - Again, most likely a routing issue, no easy fix for ZOS

-Random long loading screens - some are necessary, others are annoying, I can agree with this one

-Mail not working/updating without relogging - GOD YES! THIS NEEDS FIXING!

-Guild stores being buggy as hell - Haven't had too many issues, mainly from addons though

-On a quality of life note we really realllllllly need more inventory space. It makes no sense to me that they would not put storage area in houses. You can't keep adding sets and not add inventory space ffs. - I would like more bank storage. Character storage I don't care too much for.
    Gold Dragons Guildmaster PC-NACR2000+
    Kalthar Wolf-Brother – EP Templar - 50 Maeli Valen - EP NB - 50Naps-During-Trials – EP Templar - 50Rulnakh - EP Sorc - 50Azrael Krieg - EP NB – 50Uvithasa Telvanni – EP DK – 50More-Tail - EP Warden - 50Narile Galen - EP Sorc - 50Bone Soldier - EP Necro - 50Naps-During-Trails - EP Necro - 50
  • MakoFore
    MakoFore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    these are must haves- i dont need housing, morrowind, costumes, battlegrounds- sure all that stuff is fun and nice- but unless Zos fixes the foundation of the game- its all pointless
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Soul Shriven
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Passifest
    Passifest
    ✭✭✭✭
    MakoFore wrote: »
    these are must haves- i dont need housing, morrowind, costumes, battlegrounds- sure all that stuff is fun and nice- but unless Zos fixes the foundation of the game- its all pointless

Well said
  • BFT88
    BFT88
    ✭✭✭✭
    fix cyrodiil before any of that.
  • BigBragg
    BigBragg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Cyrodiil really needs to be sorted out. It's embarrassingly bad at times.
  • Firerock2
    Firerock2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All these things need to be done but I doubt they ever will be, they have had the same attitude since launch. All the devs do is work towards the next thing they will be able to get your money with.

It took about a year after launch just to get a *** DLC all because they cared more about working on the console versions. Now they just work towards the Morrowind Expansion without fixing any bugs. Their priorities will never be to bug fix, it will be to add useless crown store crap that people will mindlessly buy or it will be to work on a DLC that will likely not be worth more than the actual game itself.

The only quality of life they care about is the quality of theirs.
    Edited by Firerock2 on February 18, 2017 8:19AM
  • Cure4theEn3my14
    Passifest wrote: »
    -Mail not working/updating without relogging

Does anyone remember when this started? Did this happen at launch? Introduced in a DLC? I'm trying to remember how far back this goes, because I can't remember a time when this didn't happen.
  • Passifest
    Passifest
    ✭✭✭✭
    BFT88 wrote: »

A lot of these problems cause problems in cyrodiil. They are without a doubt interconnected
  • BFT88
    BFT88
    ✭✭✭✭
    Passifest wrote: »
    BFT88 wrote: »

A lot of these problems cause problems in cyrodiil. They are without a doubt interconnected

It was supposed to be a joke lol :D I pvp everyday and I don't see cyrodiil getting fixed in the near future, ever.

PS - Does everyone else feel silly when the 3000th newbie asks why their mail hasn't arrived and the answer is "log out and log back in, or switch zones to receive your mail. That literally embarrasses me every time I have to say it.
    Edited by BFT88 on February 18, 2017 8:38AM
  • Firerock2
    Firerock2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh look, I DC'd again. Game has been in development since 2008 and it still crashes regularly. Sad!
  • Passifest
    Passifest
    ✭✭✭✭
    Me too man this is bs
  • Firerock2
    Firerock2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey man, at least we can spend crowns on housing. We have to be thankful they added "content".
  • Passifest
    Passifest
    ✭✭✭✭
    I guess the majority of the community doesn't care enough to rage on the forums about it
  • Greevir
    Greevir
    ✭✭✭✭
    I doubt the mail system will be changed anytime soon. Back when the game launched, the mail system was instant and often caused MASSIVE lag for the server. So they had to put in delays for it. I try to check my mail as little as possible, only doing so when doing things in bulk. I'll go to guild stores, buy a bunch of stuff, and then check my mail (even though I never get the notification that I recieved mail) and there it all is. But, this tends to only work once. If I go back, buy a bunch of stuff, and check my mail again, nothing. I have to change zones, relog, or simply wait for the mail system to ping the server again (usually about 15 minutes). It really hasn't been a hassle for me but I can see it being one for people who need to check their mail often. Though, I'd rather go with slow mail, than a slow(er) server.
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
  • Lukums1
    Lukums1
    ✭✭✭✭
    The whole support department.

Nine days into a ticket asking a simple question. So I've I've got reply which has nothing to do with what I asked, and two automated replies.

I'd be embarrassed if my company offered support like this

This is really really bad...

I've been subject to this "support" as well.

I see no serious support team at all... who's in charge of hiring anyway?
    PS4 Yellow Scum Dominion
    1600+ vMA runs and counting
    Magicka Sorc - Flawless - 544k Score
    Stam Sorc - Flawless - 559k Score
    Stam DK - FLAWLESS 512k Score
    Stam NB - 492k Score - Work in progress
    Magicka Temp - 482k Score

The Ozmeric Dominion (Oceanic) Australian Based Guild

vMA "guru" - VHRC - vSO - vSOHM - vDSA - vAA - vMOL
    The Maelstrom BIBLE for beginners/Flawless Achieve Below
    https://www.twitch.tv/lukumms/v/111730700
    https://www.twitch.tv/videos/181142505

You have vMA questions? Want a guide? Helping hand? PM me!

Returns after 6 months back to back flawless
    https://go.twitch.tv/videos/180384648

• Passifest
    Passifest
    ✭✭✭✭
    Greevir wrote: »
    I doubt the mail system will be changed anytime soon. Back when the game launched, the mail system was instant and often caused MASSIVE lag for the server. So they had to put in delays for it. I try to check my mail as little as possible, only doing so when doing things in bulk. I'll go to guild stores, buy a bunch of stuff, and then check my mail (even though I never get the notification that I recieved mail) and there it all is. But, this tends to only work once. If I go back, buy a bunch of stuff, and check my mail again, nothing. I have to change zones, relog, or simply wait for the mail system to ping the server again (usually about 15 minutes). It really hasn't been a hassle for me but I can see it being one for people who need to check their mail often. Though, I'd rather go with slow mail, than a slow(er) server.

Imagine if they would actually fix the problem instead of providing band-aid fixes. How many years will it take I wonder
  • Passifest
    Passifest
    ✭✭✭✭
    I tend to DC a lot right after killing a boss..