The connection issues for the North American PC/Mac megaserver have been resolved at this time. If you continue to experience difficulties at login, please restart your client. Thank you for your patience!

Who else is getting sick and tired of looking at red swords?

• Abeille
    Abeille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Morrowind's screenshots that show steel-colored weapons give me hope for weapon dyeing.
    Just so that everyone knows, my Altmer still can't have black hair. About a dozen of Altmer NPCs in the game have black hair. Just saying.

Meet my characters:
    Command: Do the thing.

Zadarri, Khajiit Fist of Thalmor: The thing was done, as commanded.
    Durza gra-Maghul, Orc blacksmith: The thing was done perfectly, in the most efficient way.
    Tegwen, Bosmer troublemaker: You can't prove I didn't do the thing.
    Sings-Many-Songs, Argonian fisher: Sure, I'll do the thing... Eventually. Maybe.
    Aerindel, Altmer stormcaller: After extensive research, I've come to the conclusion that doing the thing would be a waste of resources.
    Liliel, Dunmer pyromancer: Aerindel said I shouldn't do the thing. Something about "resources".
    Gyda Snowcaller, Nord cryomancer: I will find a way to do it that won't waste resources and make Aerindel proud of me.
    Beatrice Leoriane, Breton vampire: I persuaded someone else into doing the thing. You are welcome, dear.
    Sahima, Redguard performer: Doing the thing sounds awfully unpleasant and really not my problem.
    Ellaria Valerius, Imperial priestess: I'll pray to the Eight for the thing to be done, if it is Their will.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    ✭✭✭
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Blacksmoke
    Blacksmoke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yup same here please ZoS make weapon dye a thing hell charge crowns for it I dont care
    Champion point: 645
    Characters
    Ganlian Stormian - AD - Dungeon healer - Templar - Crafter
    Ondaril Stormian - AD - Trail DPS - Sorcerer
    Shagrod gro-Bolmog - AD - PVP - Dragonknight
  • BomblePants
    BomblePants
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Many of the dropped stuff is red too.

I like em red, but I'm all for people being able to dye them too.
  • AFrostWolf
    AFrostWolf
    ✭✭✭✭
    I just want my swords to look like a natural steel of some type.

This. How hard is it to do this.
  • cmetzger93
    cmetzger93
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Everyone is sick of red weapons. Maybe ZOS will take a hint and finally implement transmog or at least weapon dying
  • cmetzger93
    cmetzger93
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Abeille wrote: »
    Morrowind's screenshots that show steel-colored weapons give me hope for weapon dyeing.

Never noticed that!
  • KramUzibra
    KramUzibra
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just let us dye our weapons!
  • Yolokin_Swagonborn
    Yolokin_Swagonborn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Inb4 ZOS uses this thread to justify a gear level cap raise.

NEVER AGAIN.
  • t3hdubzy
    t3hdubzy
    ✭✭✭✭
    It only matters if you care about what your game looks like... and if u were hyp for eso because of customizations... or if you expected the game to be more complex then a sega gensis.
  • TeamGizzy
    TeamGizzy
    ✭✭✭
    RED SWORDS ARE BETTER THAN CURVED SWORDS. CURVED. SWORDS
    Baskin Robins always finds out.....
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    ✭✭✭
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • runagate
    runagate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    TeamGizzy wrote: »

Huh?

cutlass.jpg

Even though I'm the first to point out to the hysterical anti-red weapon crowd that those pics have iron-colored weapons, I'm way less sick of rubedo weapons than I am threads bitching about it. I think it's safe to assume that ZOS knows our desire for weapon dying (been asked and answered many, many times) so further I think it's safe to assume that there was some technical hurdle that would take too much time to devote to in deference to other things. Like nerfing all resource recovery into the ground just for schist and giggles.

By the way, lot of cultures had extremely expensive ways of lacquering weapons to give them color though beyond that I know nothing about it. The things that people find to complain about.
  • Abeille
    Abeille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TeamGizzy wrote: »

Okay but

What about

CURVED RED SWORDS

Abahs-Watch-Rubedite-Sword.jpg
    Just so that everyone knows, my Altmer still can't have black hair. About a dozen of Altmer NPCs in the game have black hair. Just saying.

Meet my characters:
    Command: Do the thing.

Zadarri, Khajiit Fist of Thalmor: The thing was done, as commanded.
    Durza gra-Maghul, Orc blacksmith: The thing was done perfectly, in the most efficient way.
    Tegwen, Bosmer troublemaker: You can't prove I didn't do the thing.
    Sings-Many-Songs, Argonian fisher: Sure, I'll do the thing... Eventually. Maybe.
    Aerindel, Altmer stormcaller: After extensive research, I've come to the conclusion that doing the thing would be a waste of resources.
    Liliel, Dunmer pyromancer: Aerindel said I shouldn't do the thing. Something about "resources".
    Gyda Snowcaller, Nord cryomancer: I will find a way to do it that won't waste resources and make Aerindel proud of me.
    Beatrice Leoriane, Breton vampire: I persuaded someone else into doing the thing. You are welcome, dear.
    Sahima, Redguard performer: Doing the thing sounds awfully unpleasant and really not my problem.
    Ellaria Valerius, Imperial priestess: I'll pray to the Eight for the thing to be done, if it is Their will.