The connection issues for the North American PC/Mac megaserver have been resolved at this time. If you continue to experience difficulties at login, please restart your client. Thank you for your patience!

Who else is getting sick and tired of looking at red swords?

• JamieAubrey
    JamieAubrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    But I use Staffs
  • Stannum
    Stannum
    ✭✭✭✭
    come to light side and you sword will be green, cyan or even purlple.
  • Rohaus
    Rohaus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This guy here would prefer a more traditional looking sword for sure!

Red metal... I do not like having any color, on my character, that I associate with EP.
    YouTube channel Rohaus Lives!
    Daggerfall Covenant
    VR16 DragonKnight
  • psxfloh
    psxfloh
    ✭✭✭✭
    Even the Stones had enough of red weapons:
    "I see a red sword and I want to dye it black
    No colours anymore, I want them to turn black
    I see Khajiit walk by dressed in their summer furs
    I have to turn my head until my darkness goes"
    Edited by psxfloh on February 17, 2017 2:21PM
  • Blackbird_V
    Blackbird_V
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rohaus wrote: »
    This guy here would prefer a more traditional looking sword for sure!

Red metal... I do not like having any color, on my character, that I associate with EP.

#Bleedblue4DC
    Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 25 DLCs. 41 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game.
  • NordSwordnBoard
    NordSwordnBoard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I would gladly commit a stack/150 voidstone to make my weapons that color again through a crafting station.

We could all derive a greater use for those cp 10-140 mats that seem to have the least demand.
    Fear is the Mindkiller
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mic1007 wrote: »
    Tandor wrote: »
    Danksta wrote: »
    Tandor wrote: »
    Is this a console thing?

No, it's a max lvl gear thing. There's only a few styles that won't leave your weapons red while using ruby mats.

Thanks for the clarification. One more question if I may - what are ruby mats?

The max level tier crafting mats. Ruby Ash for woodworking, Rubedite Ingots for Blacksmithing, Rubedo Leather and Ancestor Silk for Medium and Light Armor. They're all red.

Thanks. I've actually dealt with them but for some reason it didn't "click" with the reference to "ruby mats"!
  • DocFrost72
    DocFrost72
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'd be down to have a gray sword again. You know, like Actual Swords
  • TheShadowScout
    TheShadowScout
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DocFrost72 wrote: »
    I'd be down to have a gray sword again. You know, like Actual Swords
    Exactly!

BtW, for all the ones despairing here... one way around the red weapon rage is using agility/willpower/endurance weapons. Those are usually not red despite being CP-160... though it -does- limit ones set options somewhat.

• Doctordarkspawn
    Doctordarkspawn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Weapon dye.

-Please-.
  • MythicEmperor
    MythicEmperor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Let us not forget staves!
    With cold regards,
    Mythic

Favorite Characters:
    Kilith Telvayn, Dunmer Telvanni Sorcerer (main)
    Kilith, Dunmer Magblade (old main)
    Vadusa Venim, Dunmer crafter (older main)
    Hir Hlaalu, Dunmer Warden
    Søren Icehelm, N'wah Warden
    Fargoth of Morrowind, Bosmer commoner
  • gediv2
    gediv2
    ✭✭✭
    I support wep dyes. Even if colors are limited to traditional metallic colors. I also support transmogrification. The ridiculous scale of 2h weps in this game is off putting as well. A scale slider that goes from realistic proportions up to the Final Fantasy size would satisfy every ones tastes. As it is, 2 hand weapon carriers look like pole vaulters running around.
  • ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wonder when ZOS will STOP making excuses and being stuck on the "no pink weapons" idiotic belief and realize that the overwhelming MAJORITY of players want weapon dyeing. They seem to act like everyone will suddenly run around with bizarre colored weapons, when in reality, MOST players just want a normal weapon color and not be stuck with the annoying bright red weapon color that everyone at max level is forced to utilize.
    Edited by ADarklore on February 17, 2017 4:17PM
    CP: 1965 ** ESO+ Gold Road ** ~~ Stamina Arcanist ~~ Magicka Warden ~~ Magicka Templar ~~ ***** Strictly a solo PvE quester *****
  • Tyrobag
    Tyrobag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I really wish ZOS would just reply to one of these threads and either tell us why they refuse to add weapon coloring (not the vague "heated discussion" answer from before) or confirm that they ARE going to add weapon coloring (again, no generic answer of "In the works but low priority."). All we want is a Yes or a No, preferably a Yes.
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    RED. CURVED. SWORDS.
  • Blackbird_V
    Blackbird_V
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ADarklore wrote: »
    I wonder when ZOS will STOP making excuses and being stuck on the "no pink weapons" idiotic belief and realize that the overwhelming MAJORITY of players want weapon dyeing. They seem to act like everyone will suddenly run around with bizarre colored weapons, when in reality, MOST players just want a normal weapon color and not be stuck with the annoying bright red weapon color that everyone at max level is forced to utilize.

Pegi 18 game. No mature content allowed. New PEGI defined.
    Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 25 DLCs. 41 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game.
  • dbgager
    dbgager
    ✭✭✭
    They probably don't want the game to start looking like Final Fantasy or Japanese Anime.
  • Tabbycat
    Tabbycat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Coming soon, Blue swords for months on end. Then when you get tired of that, it'll be bright yellow.
    Founder and Co-GM of The Psijic Order Guild (NA)
    0.016%
  • Majic
    Majic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rubedite weapons look absolutely awful, particularly in contrast to the otherwise excellent artistic standards of the game.

It's like a sick joke.
    Epopt Of The Everspinning Logo, Church Of The Eternal Loading Screen
    And verily, verily, spaketh the Lord: "Error <<1>>"
  • Ep1kMalware
    Ep1kMalware
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BlackbirdV wrote: »
    Seriously it's just becoming boring now.

Plox let us dye or change hue....

Yeh, it really throws off whatever style you put them in. I just try and pretend that they're stained in the blood of my enemies (and possibly thst nb spamming snipe from last nights vet darkshade2 run).

I can almost tolerate this.
  • Blackbird_V
    Blackbird_V
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

Please respond to either threads of these being made. This is something majority of the community want. Just because the minority want to troll, then let them. If that is such a big issue (pink swords), then remove pink dyes.
  • KerinKor
    KerinKor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BlackbirdV wrote: »
    Seriously it's just becoming boring now.
    Nowhere near as boring as black dyed gear.

• KramUzibra
    KramUzibra
    ✭✭✭✭
    Oh my god yess!! Why us there no weapon dying!? This need to be implemented now!
  • BadLuckCharm
    BadLuckCharm
    ✭✭✭
    Sick of it? Well, no, not gone that far, but dyeing the weaponry would be appreciated muchly.
    Many, many muchlies.
  • Urza1234
    Urza1234
    ✭✭✭✭
    I quit games over aesthetics, if weapon dyes arent out by Morrowind that will probably be it for me, depends if Morrowind will come with a decently colored CP180 ore type.
  • ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Urza1234 wrote: »
    I quit games over aesthetics, if weapon dyes arent out by Morrowind that will probably be it for me, depends if Morrowind will come with a decently colored CP180 ore type.

They have already said they are not raising gear cap or CP cap for Morrowind. They have also previously stated that a Gear cap increase may or may not ever come to ESO.
    CP: 1965 ** ESO+ Gold Road ** ~~ Stamina Arcanist ~~ Magicka Warden ~~ Magicka Templar ~~ ***** Strictly a solo PvE quester *****
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stopnaggin wrote: »
    Eh I use staves.
    Who are also red. :)

Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • Hanzus
    Hanzus
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, why we cant change the color of our weapons yet baffles me to this day.

To go a step further, why cant we get a token to change the looks of our weapon yet still have the stats of the weapon we currently have? Lots of low lvl weapons in the game look great, but the stats on them make them unusable in end game, a token could change that. Other games do this, ZOS cant? :#
    Since we are on weapons, it was just a thought ;) .
    "Walk always in the light, or we will drag you to it."
    -Vigilant of Stendarr

Nords, the true sons of Skyrim!
    PC NA
  • Annalyse
    Annalyse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hate this also. All of my swords/daggers are crafted in glass because it looks the most normal, but I wish I wasn't stuck with that as my only option. Staves I find a little easier - more motifs have them looking less red, or only red in places (which can look fairly natural). But it's really hard to find any realistic swords.

If ZOS is worried about unrealistic weapon colors (laughable, considering our current complaints) then an easy solution would be to have a weapon dye palette of only the greys/browns that weapons would generally be. I think most people would be happy with that as opposed to nothing.
  • Anastian
    Anastian
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, red swords are.. Pretty ugly.