The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Does Heartwood seem scant?

• essi2
    essi2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It appears in-line with the rest of the new mats, you use helluva lot of it though.
    "The Heritance are racists yes? Idiots. But dangerous, destabilizing racist idiots." - Razum-dar

"Wood Elves aren't made of wood, Sea Elves aren't made of water. M'aiq still wonders about High Elves" - M'aiq the Liar

** Leyawiin Layabouts (PC-EU) - Leyawiin Layabouts (PC-NA) **

*** https://www.youtube.com/@essi2 - https://www.twitch.tv/essi2 ***
  • Slurg
    Slurg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes, only because most of the furniture patterns (at least the ones I have) require it. I think it should drop more often because it is used for so many things. The prices for it on the guild stores reflect a much higher demand for heartwood.

You are not forced into the crown store if you can't find enough heartwood- there seem to be plenty of players selling it. But it'll cost you some gold.
    Happy All the Holidays To You and Yours!
    Remembering better days of less RNG in all the things.
  • Xexpo
    Xexpo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's regulus for me, I almost never get it ... bast and heartwood for days
    must just be rng

...or maybe certain commonly farmed zones have bugged drop rates?
    Kiki Dickson ~~~ Dixmanian Devil ~~~ Cornelius Buckshank Jr.
    Histy-Fitz ~~~ Boozemer ~~~ Chace X'expo
    Lluvia De'Fuego ~~~ Shakes Spear
    Macro and Cheese NA/PC
  • Akrasjel
    Akrasjel
    ✭✭✭✭
    One could simply wait a bit more.
    [PC][EU][Daggerfall Covenant]
    Akrasjel Lanate - Imperial Nightblade | 50 | CP900+
    Born: 2E 551

Member of: | Traders of the Covenant | Hammerfell Trading | Imperial Trading Company |
    Houses: Strident Springs Demesne,

• SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have the hardest time getting heartwood and clean pelts.

Really, the drop rate on heartwood would be fine if it didn't take a lot of them to make one item, but of course we end up using more of it because it might take 10 to make something. So we're always out.
  • fallentemplar
    fallentemplar
    ✭✭✭
    I voted it needs to drop more but another fix would be lower the requirments of heartwood on everything by about half /and or have it drop in large ammounts from surveys as they arent that common but would be a nice bonus and mean there would be alot more heartwood and last suggestion is to have heartwood drop from refining but i doubt that will happen but would be awesome
  • Myyth
    Myyth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To update my vote, I actually have found some wood nodes but they are scarce and with players in every zone farming them its hard to find any wood nodes.
    And unfortunately, ever after harvesting some wood nodes, I have yet to find a single piece of heartwood. The drop rate is very discouraging.
  • Aimora
    Aimora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Regulus is my challenge :/
    Aimora Gilidhren - 50 Hybrid Sorcerer
    Aimae Gilihdril - 50Templar Healer
    Aimsae Astasia - 50 Templar Tank
    Aimellie Halfpenny - 50 Nightblade spinning DPS
    Sofae Ethelbur - 50 Dragonknight Tank
    Sha'Mash 50 - Nightblade - Former Empress
    Saelenor Wilihfren 50 - Templar No. 3
    Seliene Harbingerin 50 - DK in training
    Aims For Equanimity 10 - Magicka DK

Circle of the Phoenix - Guild Mistress
    Elysium - Guild 2nd in Command
    Auridon Trading Company - Joint GM

Looking for a friendly, progress focused guild check us out at thecircleofthephoenix.gamerlaunch.com/

Check me out at Anook anook.com/aimora
  • Sweetpea704
    Sweetpea704
    ✭✭✭✭
    Heartwood and bast need a boost. Everything else is fine, if you know where to look.
  • Indigo_Shade
    Indigo_Shade
    ✭✭✭
    I have been tracking my numbers for collecting the furnishing mats from harvest nodes. My "harvest" skills are all equal, so in theory, I should have, more or less, even numbers of harvest results, but nope, not at all

Mundane Stones, Regulas and Heartwood - Pretty much the same amount for each. Often get in drops of 2's, oddly. I don't have to "go out of my way" to find any of them.

Baste - the 2nd worst to find. I can't be alone in this. 1, cloth nodes have become more rare (my numbers for collected cloth is 45% behind ore and wood). 2, collecting Baste from cloth nodes happens maybe 20% of the time, unlike 40-45% for the other funishing mats.

Pelts - 1 single drop after killing countless wolves, deer and other things that drop leather. In fact, the whole "leather" thing is pissing me off because I don't have enough leather to do writs every day, at my current tier level.

Lately, my preferred harvest region is seeing a lot of really bad behavior, the worst being folks who open chests, but dont collect everything, and folks who collect the Baste from cloth nodes, but not the cloth. Shame!

• Callous2208
    Callous2208
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Spent 3 hours farming hardcore yesterday. Stacks and stacks of wood to refine. 10 heartwood. I am also noticing that every frickin recipe calls for heartwood, even if it's not woodworking. Heartwood is scarce on traders and if you do find it, it's up to 5 times more per piece than any other housing mat. Well played zeni, we'll played.
  • I_killed_Vivec
    I_killed_Vivec
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Oooo... could it be that the RNG gods are smiling on me for once?

I have literally tons (as in hundreds) of these :)

• Zaldan
    Zaldan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    taking ZO$ rng into account I've got equal amounts of all mats
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain.
    Niidro tiid wah fusvok dirkah.

aka.@Cuthceol
  • Gargath
    Gargath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just farm more and more and you will have plenty of everything.
    PC EU (PL): 14 characters. ESO player since 06.08.2015. Farkas finest quote: "Some people don't think I'm smart. Those people get my fist. But you, I like."
  • Gandrhulf_Harbard
    Gandrhulf_Harbard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Heartwood and bast need a boost. Everything else is fine, if you know where to look.

I have more Heartwood and Bast than I could ever use for my current house.

Now Regulus and Clean Skins - I barely have enough of those to start crafting anything.

All The Best
    Those memories come back to haunt me, they haunt me like a curse.
    Is a dream a lie if it don't come true, or is it something worse.
  • Evergnar
    Evergnar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aimora wrote: »
    Regulus is my challenge :/

Same. Maybe its the type of items I'm making but I always seem to have about 1/10th as much Regulus as anything else.
  • Arthmoor
    Arthmoor
    ✭✭✭
    For me it's Regulus. I have 30 of those, about 50-60 of everything but Heartwood, and 94 units of Heartwood. I find way more of it than anything else.
  • Linaleah
    Linaleah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    everything is pretty scant. except for hillarious wax (because there is no competition for wax, mostly thanks to isntanced containers) that said... I thought I was getting heartwood the least, but amazingly enough I hit a 100 achievement on it before most other mats. felt like I'm been doing better with mundane runes, but.. apparently not as I still don't have a 100 achievement for it. basically, the problem with heartwood and bast and to some degree regulus? is that they are used in so many patterns in great quantities. especially wood and cloth. so it feels like you are getting far fewer of them, because they get used up so much faster.

honestly? IMO
    1. droprates need to be increased
    2. crafting costs need to be reduced
    3. material nodes need to be instanced, the same way containers are now instanced.

it would help. a LOT. because right now - yeah it takes me an hour of farming to get enough to craft a tapestry or a couch :/

edited to add, oh god, people who collect the bast, but not the regular materials just... we HATES it! because even if its showing as rubedite for me, when I actualy hit the node, its something like iron. I understand that bag space is at a premium, especially if you are not ESO plus, but at least I could have used rubedite :/ ugg.
    Edited by Linaleah on February 19, 2017 9:14PM
    dirty worthless casual.
    Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself. Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the ***
    Lois McMaster Bujold "A Civil Campaign"
  • Tabbycat
    Tabbycat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I don't really understand the material requirements on some things. Buckets requiring about as much wood as tables... what's up with that?
    Founder and Co-GM of The Psijic Order Guild (NA)
    0.016%
  •  Panda_iMunch
    Panda_iMunch
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's very scant, so much that the prices have actually went up as time went on, which is nearly unheard of in grinding. My guess it has to do with less grinders, low drop rate, as well as nearly every housing item needing it. Jacks up those prices real good.
    Yeetus that fetus

Youtube: Pandalius (Panda)
    Twitch: Pandalius
    Beam: Pandalius
    Twitter: Pandalius
  • driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    So I've taken a look at the rate of furnishing mats acquired minus the demand for those mats in the plans I want to craft.

Anecdotally, here's my ranking of most plentiful to most scarce:

1) Alchemic Resin
    2) Mundane Rune
    3) Regalus
    4) Clean Pelts
    5) Bast
    6) Heartwood
    7) Decorative Wax
    Edited by driosketch on February 20, 2017 2:15AM
    Main: Drio Azul ~ DC, Redguard, Healer/Magicka Templar ~ NA-PC
    ●The Psijic Order●The Sidekick Order●Great House Hlaalu●Bal-Busters●
  • Integral1900
    Integral1900
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    What I don't get is why does it have to be a two layered grind for god sake, we already have tonnes of mats for gear, why can't we use that? I can make a sword that can cut down a daedric titan but apparently that's just not good enough to build a lamp :s

Confused Khajit is confused :/
  • Tannus15
    Tannus15
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    What I don't get is why does it have to be a two layered grind for god sake, we already have tonnes of mats for gear, why can't we use that? I can make a sword that can cut down a daedric titan but apparently that's just not good enough to build a lamp :s

Confused Khajit is confused :/

I'm guessing because they didn't want to have to worry about "tiers" for furniture items so the easy answer was to just add them to the loot table of all existing resource nodes.
    Linaleah wrote: »

honestly? IMO
    1. droprates need to be increased
    2. crafting costs need to be reduced
    3. material nodes need to be instanced, the same way containers are now instanced.

it would help. a LOT. because right now - yeah it takes me an hour of farming to get enough to craft a tapestry or a couch :/

I cannot agree with this more. The requirements are too high, the drop rate too low and the more I think about it the less reason I can think of for resource nodes to NOT be instanced.

It feels like yet another hold over from older MMO's where no one actually questioned why players need to compete for resources.

I'd like to add 4. Chance of getting furniture resources from refining materials and from hirelings.
  • majulook
    majulook
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Clean Pelts are the worst for me

Alchemic Resin - 110
    Bast - 120
    Clean Pelts - 3
    Decorative Wax - 147
    Heartwood - 125
    Mundane Rune - 96
    Regalus - 105

Si vis pacem, para bellum
  • StrawberryKitsune
    StrawberryKitsune
    ✭✭✭

I have more Heartwood and Bast than I could ever use for my current house.

Now Regulus and Clean Skins - I barely have enough of those to start crafting anything.

All The Best

Try farming Vivec's Antlers for clean pelts. I farm for gold/sellable useless loot on my rare few hours I get in the evening and since homestead dropped I've got over 380 of them. Sure that'll get eaten up when I finally find some decent plans but it worked for me at least. :)
  • Linaleah
    Linaleah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    driosketch wrote: »
    So I've taken a look at the rate of furnishing mats acquired minus the demand for those mats in the plans I want to craft.

Anecdotally, here's my ranking of most plentiful to most scarce:

1) Alchemic Resin
    2) Mundane Rune
    3) Regalus
    4) Clean Pelts
    5) Heartwood
    6) Bast
    7) Decorative Wax

for decorative wax - just ran a few laps a day around Coldharbour - the city. containers are instanced, but they are also regular, rather then fence containers, so you don't have to worry about competition or daily fence limits. they usualy reset after you fast travel to a different zone, then back. added bonus - containers also have a chance of containing furnishing recipes. Wax is the one ingredient that I have virtual excess of because of this.
    dirty worthless casual.
    Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself. Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the ***
    Lois McMaster Bujold "A Civil Campaign"
  • Dread_Viking
    Dread_Viking
    ✭✭✭✭
    can someone close this it is not a problem any more got over 50 today just randomly however was unable to get any before last maintenance. so it seem to have been fixet
    Don't worry girl I'm a Sorcerer, i got my Hardened Ward for protection
  • radiostar
    radiostar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    can someone close this it is not a problem any more got over 50 today just randomly however was unable to get any before last maintenance. so it seem to have been fixet

If it's fixed, you're welcome Everyone!! :smiley: They listened to us!
    "Billions upon Billions of Stars"
  • Annalyse
    Annalyse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fixed for you maybe... I farmed for long time tonight, had a couple hundred of ore and wood both - got plenty of regulus but only 6 heartwood. Not much for bast either. I wish we could at least get a small amount from surveys. One or two would be nice.

I have plenty of wax though. It seems my small house will end up filled with wax food items and not much else.

• MarrazzMist
    MarrazzMist
    ✭✭✭✭
    Heartwood hurts the most, as you need it for most things you wanna make.

Edit: but now that I think of it, I got exceptionally lucky yesterday... did the drop rates really change?
    Edited by MarrazzMist on February 20, 2017 5:19AM
This discussion has been closed.