The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Does Heartwood seem scant?

radiostar
radiostar
✭✭✭✭✭
Does the Heartwood drop need to be increased?
Edited by radiostar on February 13, 2017 12:02AM
"Billions upon Billions of Stars"

Does Heartwood seem scant? 388 votes

Yes, it does not drop enough
68% 266 votes
No, it appears fine
21% 84 votes
The drop is okay, but it seems to be too many players per shard
6% 24 votes
Other, see the replies
3% 14 votes
  • StrawberryKitsune
    StrawberryKitsune
    ✭✭✭
    And bast. What is this mythical bast we must find....?
  • Tannus15
    Tannus15
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm going to go out on a limb and say all furniture resources seem scant.

It takes me a good hour to get enough bast to make a tapestry.
  • StrawberryKitsune
    StrawberryKitsune
    ✭✭✭
    Tannus15 wrote: »

I have a slightly related question. Where do tapestries drop from? I've managed to grab a fair few patterns, plans, ect, even a few paintings but these tapestries elude me.
  • Myyth
    Myyth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was going to pick the vote option that shards are too scarce, except I cant comment on the drop rate, since ive never found a wood node to test. Every zone I go to there are no wood nodes to be found.
    Edited by Myyth on February 13, 2017 12:26AM
  • Saturn
    Saturn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Heartwood has the same drop rate as everything else (except the wax which is plentiful if you are willing to do a bit of stealing). The reason why it feels super rare is because it's used in so many things. Same trouble with the Mondane runes.

I would like to see all the rare materials drop rate increase, but most importantly I wish they would actually have the surveys drop them, because that would make those super valuable instead of just being a chore to go and get.
    "Madness is a bitter mercy, perhaps, but a mercy nonetheless."

Fire and Ice
  • Sheezabeast
    Sheezabeast
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I venture a guess and say that 1 out of every 8 nodes has Heartwood, and I farm a LOT.
    Grand Master Crafter, Beta baby who grew with the game. PC/NA. @Sheezabeast if you have crafting needs!
  • Acrolas
    Acrolas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All the drop rates are acceptable. Everybody's usage is eventually going to taper off to the point where finding 10-12 a day is more than enough.

But somebody needs to patch in a better way to find all the furnishing ingredients in guild stores. The base UI isn't pulling them when I know they're there, and AGS isn't finding them with keywords.
    signing off
  • Recremen
    Recremen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, the drop rates for all furniture materials is abysmal. You can currently sell a whole stack of rubedite ingots for the same price as buying a SINGLE piece of heartwood from the majority of players.
    Men'Do PC NA AD Khajiit
    Grand High Illustrious Mid-Tier PvP/PvE Bussmunster
  • Tabbycat
    Tabbycat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Heartwood and Bast drop at roughly half the rate of Regulos. Alchemical Resin and Mundane Runes drop at twice the rate of Regulos. And decorative wax is everywhere.

The materials for all the crafted furniture seems ridiculous though. Our characters must be really bad at crafting because they seem to waste so much raw material on small objects.
    Founder and Co-GM of The Psijic Order Guild (NA)
    0.016%
  • TerraDewBerry
    TerraDewBerry
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Clean pelts.. I have a hard time getting those to drop for me. I have killed every leather dropping beast I can find.. and have gotten so very few clean pelts.. :(
  • Elara_Northwind
    Elara_Northwind
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Heartwood and Bast seem so hard to find! I was farming all day and got such a small amount I could make only 3 items from hours of farming these... Wax and Regulus are much more common it seems, even though they are still quite a grind!

I was going to wait to buy my main house, but bought a smaller one (Cliffshade) mainly as furniture storage, though I have fallen in love with it a little bit now, so I think my sorcerer will live there :blush: BUT I cannot make a kitchen, not only due to heartwood being so rare (which is a big issue when you are trying to decorate an entire house) but the only kitchen counters I seem to find are Orc, and I need Redguard, Breton or Altmer ideally, so still farming :neutral:

I am beginning to feel like ZOS are really wanting us to use the crown store, with these drop rates... :lol:
    Sorcerer, Templar, Wolf Collector, Housing Addict!

GM of Salted Wings Tavern and Salted Wings Housing 🏠🌻

'A House is Built with Boards and Beams, a Home is Built with Love and Dreams'

Youtube - https://www.youtube.com/c/ElaraNorthwind
  • Preyfar
    Preyfar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Saturn wrote: »
    I would like to see all the rare materials drop rate increase, but most importantly I wish they would actually have the surveys drop them, because that would make those super valuable instead of just being a chore to go and get.
    The fact surveys DON'T drop them is ridiculous. I want to decorate my house, not grind. And right now, people are taking the Heartwood and leaving the rest of the wood in place. It's annoying. I spent the greater part of an hour yesterday trying to find Heartwood, and all the wood just had Ruby. I thought it was just the worst RNG in the world, but later I started to see other players run up to the wood nodes, stop, then run off. Go to another wood node, stop, run off. Then I realized what they were doing... and I got sad.

ZOS needs to just add Heartwood as something that has a high chance of dropping during the refinement process. It'd make things a lot easier.

• Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am a pretty effective Farmer, and it's not abnormal for me to find Raw Mats in the mid 3 figures before I get around to Refining.

But, I have single digits on the Furniture Mats. I have not even tried to make a recipe or a plan or a blueprint yet, I probably don't have the mats.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Preyfar
    Preyfar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    I am a pretty effective Farmer, and it's not abnormal for me to find Raw Mats in the mid 3 figures before I get around to Refining.

But, I have single digits on the Furniture Mats. I have not even tried to make a recipe or a plan or a blueprint yet, I probably don't have the mats.
    If the guild stores are anything to go off of Heartwood definitely does not drop enough and the requirements for it are far, far higher than other mats. Heartwood costs about 2X any other housing craft mat does, too. And I usually have 100s of mats to refine at any given time, too.

It'll improve in time, but... I want it to improve now. XD
  • jedtb16_ESO
    jedtb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    hmmm.... the drops are a lot better than nirn....
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Heartwood is the mat I need the most/find the least.
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
  • Loralai_907
    Loralai_907
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I feel like I am going to have to build a schedule to get the most out of my gaming time. I need plans, I need mats, I need to do writs and hope for master writs so I can eventually get the things I want with those vouchers. And with the drop rate on the mats, it is going to take me a million years to furnish all the space I have in Hundings.
    PC-NA - formerly, mommadani907Guild: Weeping Angels - Co-GMTwitter: @ Loralai_907 several Alt accounts....CP 1700+
    Active characters:Fauna Rosewood ( Bosmer Stam DK - Master Crafter/AD)///Loralai Darknova (Drunken Zombie Bosmer Stam Sorc - PvP/AD)Lilith Darknova ( Dunmer Mag DK - Master Crafter - PvP/AD)///and roughly 1billion alts
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    agree.gif

For me the worst drop rate is for the clean pelts. They just don't want to drop. I still only have 9 of them ...
    sad.gif
  • rotaugen454
    rotaugen454
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I must have great RNG, as I find a few pieces of each type while grinding and grabbing nodes everywhere I go. It's slow, but I am willing to wait a while before furnishing a home fully. I still haven't picked a style because I don't have a full house worth of matching plans.
    "Get off my lawn!"
  • driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Maybe if an Argonian Tall Cup didn't use as much wood as a Redguard Desk. The demands are just as crazy.
    Main: Drio Azul ~ DC, Redguard, Healer/Magicka Templar ~ NA-PC
    ●The Psijic Order●The Sidekick Order●Great House Hlaalu●Bal-Busters●
  • IrishGirlGamer
    IrishGirlGamer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    After farming for it for several days, I think the drops may be an issue, but another issue is the ratio of heartwood to other materials that are in the furniture recipes.

Some recipes and plans require as much as 2x the heartwood to other furniture specific crafting materials. In addition, it seems as if every furniture plan or blueprint calls for heartwood, while the other materials are not required to the same degree.

For these reasons, I think the drop rate should be increased.

Edited by IrishGirlGamer on February 13, 2017 7:02PM
    Valar Morghulis.

Someday I'm going to put a sword through your eye and out the back of your skull. Arya Stark

You're going to die tomorrow, Lord Bolton. Sleep well. Sansa Stark

If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor. Desmond Tutu
  • Enemy-of-Coldharbour
    Enemy-of-Coldharbour
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm coming across it quite often. I'll be selling mine since I'm not interested in housing.

Silivren (Silly) Thalionwen | Altmer Templar | Magicka | 9-Trait Master Crafter/Jeweler | Master Angler | PVE Main - Killed by U35
    Jahsul at-Sahan | Redguard Sorcerer | Stamina | Werewolf - Free Bites | PVP Main
    Derrok Gunnolf | Redguard Dragonknight | Stamina | Werewolf - Free Bites
    Liliana Littleleaf | 9-Trait Grand Master Crafter/Jeweler (non-combat)
    Amber Emberheart | Breton Dragonknight | Stamina | Master Angler
    Vlos Anon | Dunmer Nightblade | Magicka | Vampire - Free Bites
    Kalina Valos | Dunmer Warden | Magicka | Vampire - Free Bites
    Swiftpaws-Moonshadow | Khajiit Nightblade | Stamina
    Morgul Vardar | Altmer Necromancer | Magicka
    Tithin Geil | Altmer Sorceress | Magicka
    Dhryk | Imperial Dragonknight | Stamina

Guild Master - ESO Traders Union
    PC/NA - CP 2250+
  • Ourorboros
    Ourorboros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I have a slightly related question. Where do tapestries drop from? I've managed to grab a fair few patterns, plans, ect, even a few paintings but these tapestries elude me.

Tapestries come out of random containers, just like the others. Keep searching, RNG will favor you sooner of later. I have yet to find a formulae for alchemy. :'( I have a ton of woodworking plans, fair amount of blacksmith and clothing, few enchanting and provisioning plans, zero alchemy.
    PC/NA/DC
    Breton Sorcerer Maester.White - BB meets GoT >Master Crafter< { 9 Traits completed 4/23/15 }
    TANSTAAFL--->There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.....Robert Heinlein
    Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea....Heinlein
    All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain. Time to die. "Blade Runner"
    ESO: the game you hate to love and love to hate....( >_<) May RNG be with you (*,_,*)
  • theher0not
    theher0not
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think it is fine, at least for now.
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Heartwood is the columbine of furniture crafting.

I don't think it actually drops less than the other new mats... But since more of it is needed than anything else, it seems that way.
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The rate is the same as the other new mats. It's just used in almost every piece of furniture, which means you're always running out.
  • Glaiceana
    Glaiceana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Considering at one point I had 100 Regulus, but only 9 Heartwood, yes I think it drops a lot less :D
    Priests of Hircine
    Werewolves who bite for FREE! PC/EU
    Our total free bites: 7000+
    Guild Subreddit | Forum Thread | YouTube Playlist
    Total Champion Points: 1000+
    Main Character: Ithaera - Stam DK, Nord, Female, DD, Werewolf.
    Rothelnog - Stam NB, Orc, Male, DD, Werewolf.
    J'Xena - Mag DK, Khajiit, Female, DD, Werewolf.
    Dances-With-Frost-Dragons - DK, Argonian, Male, Tank, Werewolf.
    Raziel The Paradox - Mag TP, Dark Elf, Male, DD, Vampire.
    Swims-Through-Starlight - TP, Argonian, Female, Healer, Werewolf.
    Glaicean Mag Ward, High Elf, Male, Ice DD, Werewolf.
    Hjurne Hircine's Forsaken - Sorc, Redguard, Male, PvP DD, Werewolf.
    My Total Free Werewolf Bites: 400+ (Ask me about bites if you need one!)
    Playing since July 2015!
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Does the Heartwood drop need to be increased? "

Yeah... to much heartwood is needed.. almost all "big" furnitures (tables, chairs, drawers etc. ) require it.
    Why they didn't make available to just refine "raw" materials to heartwood ?
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    MissBizz wrote: »
    Heartwood is the columbine of furniture crafting.

I don't think it actually drops less than the other new mats... But since more of it is needed than anything else, it seems that way.

I suspect that this is true.
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
  • Jurand80
    Jurand80
    ✭✭✭✭
    it's all part of a plan. wait a 100 years untill you can make your own furniture or go to the crown store
This discussion has been closed.