The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Hard caps

Solidsnake993
Solidsnake993
✭✭✭
First I'd like to say that I am very annoyed and I want to put my freaking head through my wall. Why is it so difficult for me to find something that explains a list of hard caps like crit chance being capped at 60%, cost reduction at 80%, resistance at 33k, etc. Then I find this stupid website that says softcaps are hard caps were removed in 1.6 and now I have put a hole in my desk.

My question is, can anyone please give me some information on hard caps or provide a link that has a list? I looked all over the forums, looked all over on google, not a damn thing.
  • Metafae
    Metafae
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All I can add to this is that armor and spell resist cap is 33,100. Which is 50% mitigation.
  • Mashille
    Mashille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    ...and I want to put my freaking head through my wall.

Well, if you were to put your head through a wall. A Hard Cap would be important to protect your head.

fe0e4506a3570b7f3a950a057553a094.jpg
    Edited by Mashille on February 10, 2017 11:13PM
    House Baratheon: 'Ours Is The Fury'
  • karldavy149b16_ESO
    karldavy149b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Metafae wrote: »
    All I can add to this is that armor and spell resist cap is 33,100. Which is 50% mitigation.

false false false

just exhibit hard diminishing returns !!

but going over 33k will allow u to mitigate more damage i have tested this
    Edited by karldavy149b16_ESO on February 10, 2017 11:15PM
  • Solidsnake993
    Solidsnake993
    ✭✭✭
    Alright guys don't start roasting me... take this seriously and help me out because I'm getting really tired of looking through google to find 0 information on what I want to know. Then I find posts asking for information, (like this) only to find no information given other than armor resistance or "there are no hard caps", on posts that are a year old...
  • paulsimonps
    paulsimonps
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Only thing with a hard cap is spell and physical resistance, anything reducing cost has diminishing returns but no cap. Anything that adds thing dont have hard caps per say but there is only so much you can add to a characters stats going up with the limit of gear slots, which of course is an obviouse and necessary thing.
  • Liofa
    Liofa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Resistance values are hard-capped at 33150 . Critical Resistance is hard capped at 3300 . Those numbers mean 50% mitigation . This 50% can be increased with bonuses other than ''Physical Resistance , Spell Resistance and Critical Resistance'' but they get their share from diminishing returns . Click here for more info . As far as I know , there is nothing else that has a hard-cap including critical chance/damage , weapon/spell damage , base stats etc.
  • paulsimonps
    paulsimonps
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    There is no crit resist hard cap........