Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

New build ideas?..and helpful info on builds

xXD2GXxTwitchy
Wuz up guy's

I run a woodelf nb...i use bows and i focus magika because woodelf nb has a hi base stamina...i do this cuz i use magika for dps and stamina 4 a backup in tight situations towards the end of battle

I want to leard a new build and play style..i really like my nb build but sometimes i feal a little op so a new build feals right

Would like to learn a good solo dps build or a powerful healer maybe evan a good pvp build ANY BUILD IDEAS WELCOME
PLZ EXPLAIN HOW BUILD WORKS AND WHAT PLAY STYLE IT FITS

THANK YOU
Edited by xXD2GXxTwitchy on February 6, 2017 5:47PM
  • Violynne
    Violynne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not sure what type of advice you're going to get here from seasoned players, but as someone who has returned to the game, my best advice is to seek out other forums or YouTube for build guides.

There's no single build which caters to every type of class. Instead, most of these guides offer recommendations to try and match the play style you want to stick with.

Some will recommend armor and focus on skills to level up quickly. Others will focus on how to balance for your play style. Some will even tell you the pros and cons between food/drink and potions. All of these are tips, not literal things to apply to your ability to play the character and style.

If you've been playing a while, then you're going to know practicing new skills is going to be paramount. By mixing them based on your play style will ultimately determine your role in PvP.

Your mention of OP is rather endemic of the game. You're OP against the AI, not against other players. Testing your abilities against AI is only going to get you so far. To learn more (and expect to die quite often), you need PvP practice, because no AI is going to match the abilities of a real person behind the foe you're attacking.

Hope this helps out a little, and I hope you understand why I can't really give you a direct answer. Perhaps this will help you answer some of your questions as you read/watch more.
    :)
  • Veraen
    Veraen
    ✭✭
    Violynne wrote: »
    Your mention of OP is rather endemic of the game. You're OP against the AI, not against other players. Testing your abilities against AI is only going to get you so far. To learn more (and expect to die quite often), you need PvP practice, because no AI is going to match the abilities of a real person behind the foe you're attacking.
    Excellent advice. This couldn't be more accurate

@xXD2GXxTwitchy - You can watch YouTube videos and run PvE dungeons until you think you're totally awesome, but you'll learn fast that the only way to develop PVP builds and skills is in Cyrodil. For example, you might decide that having more than 5k penetration is a waste. However, the mobs in PvE have low armor and players in Cyrodil almost always have 10k if not 20-30k armor.
    Veræn → XB1/NA