The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Faunter's ESO house price list (Crown to Gold conversions inside)

Faunter
Faunter
✭✭✭✭✭
Greetings, enterprising landowner! Are you looking for a place to call home? Overwhelmed by the sheer amount of choice? Perhaps too tired to check and compare every single house yourself? Well, have I got a solution for you! Take a look at this comprehensive pamphlet of all the homes that can be found in Tamriel and beyond. Inside, you can look up each house's costs in Gold and Crowns, both furnished and unfurnished. I've also included a basic Crown to Gold conversion ratio, so you can figure out which house is financially best for you.

Here, have this copy of Faunter's ESO house price list.
Go on, take it. It's free!

Edited by Faunter on June 28, 2018 11:48AM
  • Faunter
    Faunter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Let me know what you think and tell me if you find any mistakes or missing/incorrect information.
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    $100 for one of the Manors.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • Faunter
    Faunter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ArchMikem wrote: »

That's a good idea. I might just add real money values next to the homes :p
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Awesome work there @Faunter! It was clear from the price ranges they announced earlier that the bigger the home the better exchange rate you got if you're paying with crowns, but this really drives that home and should be a big help to people making decisions on what to spend crowns on vs. what to spend gold on.
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
  • Faunter
    Faunter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    UrQuan wrote: »
    Awesome work there @Faunter! It was clear from the price ranges they announced earlier that the bigger the home the better exchange rate you got if you're paying with crowns, but this really drives that home and should be a big help to people making decisions on what to spend crowns on vs. what to spend gold on.

Thanks, I plan on maintaining this sheet as homes are added and removed. (I'm looking at you, inevitable limited-time Crown Store exclusive houses.)
  • MarrazzMist
    MarrazzMist
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hmm, now when I see the full list, I think crown prices for small-large houses are cheap. I have been saving gold like crazy to buy one medium house, and now I see I can afford it easily with little leftovers from subs. I'll buy with gold, anyway.
  • EleonoraCrendraven
    EleonoraCrendraven
    ✭✭✭
    Good work! Now I know I have enough money to buy one of those :)
  • Resfeber
    Resfeber
    ✭✭✭
    Curious, what is the (unfurnished) real life money amount based on? Is that the equivalent from gold to real money?
    I wasn't sure since there are places like Ebonheart Chateau which is only 15,000 crowns and wouldn't be anywhere near the $343.64
    Edited by Resfeber on February 6, 2017 6:34PM
    Resfeber (n.): the restless race of the traveler's heart before the journey begins, when anxiety and anticipation are tangled together; a travel fever that can manifest as an illness.
    [Jan '14 Beta Tester]
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Awesome, thanks!

+1 Insightful.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Nouney
    Nouney
    ✭✭
    Really nice !

Thanks
  • Cryptical
    Cryptical
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can you make it so line 1, the column headings, does not scroll away?

Edit: and what's with those categories? Is that how they are grouped now? I'm console, so I was expecting categories of free inn room, apartment, small home, medium home, large home, manor.
    Edited by Cryptical on February 6, 2017 6:58PM
    Xbox NA
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Faunter wrote: »

That might be difficult to do as the price will depend on how you buy crowns. If you buy a 5,500 crown pack you get approximately 230 crowns per £1 spent, if you buy a 750 pack it's only about 157 per £1.

But that didn't stop me working out this random fact: buying all the houses furnished (using 5,500 crown packs) would cost you £859.28.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • mb10
    mb10
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Prices are quite fair tbh

If manors were 5k crowns then what would be the point in any other house?

They should be that price imo, housing isn't mean to be done 24 hours after launch. It's a part of the game now and a gradual processes not something to be rushed.
  • Faunter
    Faunter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hmm, now when I see the full list, I think crown prices for small-large houses are cheap. I have been saving gold like crazy to buy one medium house, and now I see I can afford it easily with little leftovers from subs. I'll buy with gold, anyway.

The lower the Crown to Gold ratio is, the more value you get for buying a house with gold. Medium homes are between 54 and 78 Gold per Crown, which is way below the global average of 165, so I would recommend spending Gold instead of Crowns for Medium houses.
    Resfeber wrote: »
    Curious, what is the (unfurnished) real life money amount based on? Is that the equivalent from gold to real money?
    I wasn't sure since there are places like Ebonheart Chateau which is only 15,000 crowns and wouldn't be anywhere near the $343.64

I fixed that column up a bit. It never showed the amount of real money, but rather how much Gold each Crown you would spend on that house is worth. Let me know if it's still too confusing.
  • Kahl_dur
    Kahl_dur
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for this! Helps a ton. You should be award an achievement for Tamriel's best real estate agent.
  • Faunter
    Faunter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cryptical wrote: »
    @Cryptical I'm not sure what you mean by that, can you please explain it in more detail?
    Edit: and what's with those categories? Is that how they are grouped now? I'm console, so I was expecting categories of free inn room, apartment, small home, medium home, large home, manor.
    I modified the categories and their colors so they're easier to read.
    Hope it helps!
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Cryptical I'm not sure what you mean by that, can you please explain it in more detail?
    I think he means that he'd like it if you could lock the headers so that no matter how far down you scroll they still show at the top. I do it with virtually every dataset I play with in Excel, but I don't know how to do it in Google docs spreadsheets as I almost never use them.
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
  • Faunter
    Faunter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think he means that he'd like it if you could lock the headers so that no matter how far down you scroll they still show at the top. I do it with virtually every dataset I play with in Excel, but I don't know how to do it in Google docs spreadsheets as I almost never use them.

It's been like that from the very beginning, so that's what got me confused.

Also, the entire list has now been updated with the houses' respective racial styles.
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It's been like that from the very beginning, so that's what got me confused.
    Oh, lol, I didn't actually go back into your spreadsheet to check that... In that case I'm also confused.
    Also, the entire list has now been updated with the houses' respective racial styles.
    Sweet B)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    ✭✭✭
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Faunter
    Faunter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think I'm finished for now. The sheet is structured pretty well in my opinion. If anyone has some suggestions to improve or modify it, please let me know!

Here is the same link in case anyone is scrolling down.
  • Phinix1
    Phinix1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I made a comprehensive spreadsheet of all the house costs in Gold and Crowns, both furnished and unfurnished. There is also a basic Crown to Gold ratio to figure out which house is financially best for you.

You can view the full price list here.

Thanks for your work on this, Faunter.
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great stuff, @Faunter ... this is a helpful reference.
  • LrdRahvin
    LrdRahvin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Danikat wrote: »

That might be difficult to do as the price will depend on how you buy crowns. If you buy a 5,500 crown pack you get approximately 230 crowns per £1 spent, if you buy a 750 pack it's only about 157 per £1.

But that didn't stop me working out this random fact: buying all the houses furnished (using 5,500 crown packs) would cost you £859.28.

That's a lot of hookers and blow (ummm...errrrr... I mean resources for future development) for the Devs.
  • Resfeber
    Resfeber
    ✭✭✭
    Resfeber wrote: »

I fixed that column up a bit. It never showed the amount of real money, but rather how much Gold each Crown you would spend on that house is worth. Let me know if it's still too confusing.
    SO much less confusing. Thank you :D
    I've been watching you make changes all day. It's damn pretty solid. Thanks for the hard work.
    Resfeber (n.): the restless race of the traveler's heart before the journey begins, when anxiety and anticipation are tangled together; a travel fever that can manifest as an illness.
    [Jan '14 Beta Tester]
  • ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So then, this puts the Crown Store exclusives estimated 20,000 Crown unfurnished?!?
    CP: 1950 ** ESO+ Gold Road ** ~~ Magicka Warden ~~ Stamina Arcanist ~~ Magicka Sorcerer ~~ Magicka Templar ~~ ***** Strictly a solo PvE quester *****
  • MasterLenman
    MasterLenman
    ✭✭✭✭
    Let me know what you think and tell me if you find any mistakes or missing/incorrect information.

Thank you, very useful!
    Just one mistake: Most "global average" values are wrong. You cannot take the average of four average values to get the global average - you would have to weight the values, as there are more small homes than manors. The correct formula for C54 would be =AVERAGE(C6:C8,C11:C23,C26:C45,C48:C50), and so on for the other fields in row 54.
  • Ajaxandriel
    Ajaxandriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    mb10 wrote: »
    Prices are quite fair tbh

If manors were 5k crowns then what would be the point in any other house?

They should be that price imo, housing isn't mean to be done 24 hours after launch. It's a part of the game now and a gradual processes not something to be rushed.

Not only.
    The main point on the long term is to furnish and arrange all this. This does let people playing the game still after having bought a house, and keeps the whole thing dynamic.
    Now we just have two "taxes" upon housing. The cost for acquiring one house which is big enough to engage some furnishing. And the amount of grinding for furnishing it.
    If you are an enthusiast (like me) or a goldfarmer millionnaire, or a whale, yes so, you will find this fair anyway - then you will pay. But one may doubt about the long term sustanability at a global scale, with such a "tax" level on the player. We'll see...
    TESO:Triskelion - forum RP, guilde francophone
    Ajaxandriel - haut-elfe gardien 50 ;
    Altarya - haute-elfe templière 50 ;
    Angelith - elfe des bois gardienne 50 ;
    Antarius Scorpio - impérial chevalier-dragon 50 ;
    Artémidore de Corbeaulieu - bréton lame noire 50 ;
    Azothos Sadras - elfe noir sorcier 50 ;
    Celestras - haut-elfe sorcier 50 ;
    Diluviatar - elfe des mers sorcier 50 ;
    Dorguldun gro-Arash - orque sorcier 50 ;
    Hjarnar - nordique sorcier 50 ;
    Jendaya al-Gilane - rougegarde chevalier-dragon 50 ;
    Sabbathnazar Ullikummi - elfe noir chevalier-dragon 50 ;
    Selvaryn Virotès - elfe noire lame noire 50 ;
    Tahajmi - khajiit sorcière 50 ;
    Telernil - haut-elfe templier 50 ;
    Zadzadak - gobelin nécromancien 50 ;
    Zandoga - rougegarde chevalier-dragon 50
  • Faunter
    Faunter
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Thank you, very useful!
    Just one mistake: Most "global average" values are wrong. You cannot take the average of four average values to get the global average - you would have to weight the values, as there are more small homes than manors. The correct formula for C54 would be =AVERAGE(C6:C8,C11:C23,C26:C45,C48:C50), and so on for the other fields in row 54.
    @MasterLenman Nice find! Thank you for pointing this out. All of the global average values have now been corrected.
  • Faunter
    Faunter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The list has been updated with the prices for the Grand Topal Hideaway crown store exclusive limited time home.