The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Do you enjoy zerging?

• Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sheuib wrote: »
    I enjoy an even fight. Even if it is 20v20. The only time a group should go after one person is if that person continues to harass the group.

I agree.
    Sometimes you simply can´t tell if a person is in a group though.

I just wished there wasn´t the option of killing an single player and then 20 players of his "group" showing up within 30s.
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

• Lokey0024
    Lokey0024
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I do mainly smallscale, me and 7 magplar snb destro backbar players. We sit in Chaydenhal and gank solo players, only if they are sub 400 CP tho. Cant have any close to fair fights now, might have to actually block sometimes then instead of dodgeroll 10 times on amagika build and be healed to full as i lay on the ground CCed cuz im a great player.

Nerf Sorcs
    Edited by Lokey0024 on February 4, 2017 11:23PM
  • X3ina
    X3ina
    ✭✭✭
    I'm a zergbad and cannot even kill a mage guard
    Atm, zergs provide me everything i need. Protection when i charge my ulti, easy ap when EoT is ready, healing when i engage, ress if i couldn't easily get away after my EoT is over ...

While solo, i'll need a resto staff/heavy armor/proc set/another gear/skill/#putanythinguwantetobeaddedhere
    SW GoH > ESO
  • CyrusArya
    CyrusArya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    So my first post is completely a joke response to a joke poll. I'd like to sincerely respond tho, even if your biased post doesn't deserve it.

I too personally prefer solo/small scale PvP against outnumbered odds as it is exhilarating and pushes your build to its limits. The larger of a group you're in, the less you have to rely on your own ability as a player/build and the less of a factor you are. After a certain threshold you are no more than a cog in a machine, and that's just not my style. That being said, I can see the appeal in it and sometimes do play in a larger group. Taking on massive numbers (think 40+) is not possible with a small group but can be done with a well oiled 12 man. The two styles require different kinds of skill, but at the end of the day someone who is good at solo/small scale will probably necessarily be good at zerging, but the opposite is not so.

That being said, let's be real. When you win outnumbered it's because you out gear and outskill your opponents by a large margin. And while that is still exciting, it's not quite as fun or rewarding to me as those random open world encounters with players or small groups that are evenly matched. Fighting an equally skilled/geared opponent (small scale or large) on even terms is just so fun because the risk of getting outplayed is there and it rubs my competetive ego in a way that fighting potatoes just does not. This is why I cannot wait for these battlegrounds.

One final thing I'd like to add is people that zerg cus they are 'bad' do so because they know they are bad. And what this usually means is they don't have the time or energy to dedicate to a video game to be as 'good' as the elite player types. As such, you gotta understand they are motivated completely differently. Also its probably not very fun to get 1vXed or just get blown up in seconds by high level players. There is safety in numbers so they seek it, and I can't really blame em.
    A R Y A
    -Atmosphere
    -Ary'a
    Czarya
    The K-Hole ~ Phałanx
    My PvP Videos
  • LuminaLilly
    LuminaLilly
    ✭✭✭✭
    Edited by LuminaLilly on February 5, 2017 5:10PM
  • LeifErickson
    LeifErickson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like to stay close to the pack because every time I go out by myself I die instantly to CE users and it makes me really mad. So either I am in a pack of players or in stealth with Arclightt. Every time I am solo and even sometimes when I get targeted while in a pack, my skill bars get locked up by cheaters. It happens the most when I get hit by crystal fragments and javelin and dawnbreaker. I tried reporting those people when it happens but they never get banned. Also sometimes magicka dragonknights kill me with snipe when I am sniping them with Arclightt even though I don't even see the animation. So I report them too.

Does anyone wanna join my guild? It's called Wolf Pack Gaming and me and Arclightt are the leaders.
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like to stay close to the pack because every time I go out by myself I die instantly to CE users and it makes me really mad. So either I am in a pack of players or in stealth with Arclightt. Every time I am solo and even sometimes when I get targeted while in a pack, my skill bars get locked up by cheaters. It happens the most when I get hit by crystal fragments and javelin and dawnbreaker. I tried reporting those people when it happens but they never get banned. Also sometimes magicka dragonknights kill me with snipe when I am sniping them with Arclightt even though I don't even see the animation. So I report them too.

Does anyone wanna join my guild? It's called Wolf Pack Gaming and me and Arclightt are the leaders.

not-sure.jpg
    Edited by Rohamad_Ali on February 6, 2017 4:41AM
  • Mojomonkeyman
    Mojomonkeyman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I`m a zergbad and cannot even kill a mage guard.
    Koma Grey, Chocolate Thunder, Little Mojo, Dagoth Mojo & Mojomancy
  • Mr_Nobody
    Mr_Nobody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I do zerg surf, i do gank, i do 1vx, i do go after larger groups and harass them, i do everything and anything I want in Cyrodiil depending on my mood.

I simply... PvP.
    ~ @Niekas ~

• Goregrinder
    Goregrinder
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    *** yeah I do, why else do you think I also play Planetside 2? How else are you supposed to re-create Troy-like battles in an MMO? 40v40? Psh...gtfo....
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    even better than zerg surfing - having the opportunity to shoot enemy players in the back as they try to run away from the zerg...

good times...
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • Crom_CCCXVI
    Crom_CCCXVI
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hate when our 20 man well run tactical group is fighting for a map against massive numbers, and some solo player who has zero chance to make a difference in the outcome of the battle starts crying about zerging.
    PS . Just because 6 guys hit you doesn't mean " it took 6 to kill you". It just means they were in a hurry and had something more important to do.

• Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Damn, but those mageguards... they pull you from the safety of your zerg, kite you round the tower, then 'boom!'..

But nah.. seriously, I can hold my own 1v1 and play 90% of the time solo - but by that I just mean ungrouped. probably about 2/3 of that time is played alongside the zerg.. I enjoy large-scale fights - and lets face it, what's the alternative? getting farmed by well-built TS groups. You see that 'soloer' over there trying to lure someone to go and fight him? You can almost guarantee he's a tank and has 3 others (with heals too) hiding just behind him... You look to fight around resources for small-scale - and again - you're facing either small organised groups (these are sometimes the ones who'll happily 4v1 you then complain when you come back with the zerg to take back that resource) who's sole reason for existing is to farm soloers, or your actually facing another soloer - but again, you can pretty much guarantee he won't leave the safety of those killer mageguards.

There's a reason most soloers run with the zerg.
    Edited by Biro123 on February 6, 2017 9:56AM
    Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
    Minie Mo - Stam/Magblade - DC
    Woody Ron - Stamplar - DC
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
    Khattman Doo - Stamblade - Relegated to Crafter, cos AD.
  • Narvuntien
    Narvuntien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I don't know what langauge you are speaking.

I can.. at times have trouble killing a mage guard.. but I never join a zerg. instead I am mostly running around on my own trying and often not succeeding to solo resources.

I cannot zerg because
    1. I am a stamblade I have never defeated multiple opponents. one at a time please.
    2. My game freezes if I go anywhere near a large battle.
  • Ulfgarde
    Ulfgarde
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like soloing and 1vxing zergbads
    I can kill zerglings 1v20! I am best player in entire NA! I ragewhisper when I get killed by more than one person!

I AM BETTER THAN EVERYONE WHERE IS MY TROPHY
    Very athletic eso player
    PC EU
  • a1i3nz
    a1i3nz
    ✭✭✭✭
    I prefer groups to zergs. I do think zerging is lame because it causes all sorts of lag and takes no skill or strategy as people will say. Just momentum and luck as to who casts the most ults first.

Then again I love bombing them
  • toxikh.earth89neb18_ESO
    i love zergs, they rarely go against 1 person
  • Arthg
    Arthg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mage guards OP.

Nerf'em.
    PC/EU. NoCP PvP. sDK Orc IRL. Flawless tamperor. Pro scrub.
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    quick editorial on forum users and character names:

Hogs-the-Bong // Edgy Stamblade (EP)

finally - a character name which looks very familiar when i'm out in pvp - wherein 90 percent or so of all character names/user ID's are weed related...for the longest time i was seriously questioning whether most of the people here on the forums actually played pvp :#

all time favorite (i have no idea what it actually means...correction cuz i just looked it up - i now know): "Chiefin your Weed"...

end editorial :p
    Edited by geonsocal on February 6, 2017 6:36PM
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • SneaK
    SneaK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So this time last year I pretty much only played solo or with a buddy, unless a guildmate was pushing emp. I don't know what happened, but now the only character I play solo on is my NB. Too often I log in and just log right back out if no one's online cause I don't feel like playing NB or soloing on a Temp/DK.
    "IMO"
    Aldmeri Dominion
    Bosmer Nightblade AR 32 - Altmer Templar AR 26 - Dunmer Dragonknight AR 18 - Altmer Sorcerer AR 20 - Khajiit Dragonknight AR 18
    (+3 not worth mentioning, yet)
  • Malamar1229
    Malamar1229
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think a lot of ex-WoW players can recall old school AV battlegrounds that lasted hours.

I think massive battles are fun. But I personally prefer 1vX. Additionally, when I see a few ganging up on a guy I usually pass by and leave them be as I hate when I am in 1vXing zergbadblades come in out of no where when I already have 3 or 4 people on me.
  • Nocturnalan
    Nocturnalan
    ✭✭✭
    I prefer to play healer/support so I Zerg, whatever that definition is.
    Templar Healer PVP/PVE
    Stam/Mag Warden PVP
    MagSorc PVP
    XB1 NA 1100+CP
  • ordraveeb17_ESO
    Prefer group game in massPvP .... also zerg)))
  • incite
    incite
    ✭✭✭✭
    I hate when our 20 man well run tactical group is fighting for a map against massive numbers, and some solo player who has zero chance to make a difference in the outcome of the battle starts crying about zerging.
    PS . Just because 6 guys hit you doesn't mean " it took 6 to kill you". It just means they were in a hurry and had something more important to do.

Our 20 man well run tactical group o:)

Tshjoe tshjoe
    PC EU

no1 knows me, no1 cares about me but sshh, don't tell

• Paraflex
    Paraflex
    ✭✭✭✭
    Until there is battlegrounds and we have a fixed amount of players in a zone you have to live with the fact zergs exist and always will. It's very easy for players to add friends after a loss and comeback with more players. It's how open world works and I hate zergs...I aim to slaughter zergs with a coordinated group.
    Hollykills CP 630 Templar Healer - Ad PS4 Warlord Rank

Max Stam/Mag Dk
    Max Stam Sorc
    Max Stam/Mag NB

Don't care to dps much so I heal.

• Sureshawt
    Sureshawt
    ✭✭✭✭
    Funny how these meaningless and made up terms take hold within gaming communities.

All of those using the term please define what constitutes a zerg.
  • Cillion3117
    Cillion3117
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've had a lot of fun in zerg vs zerg fights.
  • KaiDynasty
    KaiDynasty
    ✭✭✭
    I am not a fan of Gang Bang..
    Small scale is welcome (4/6 players)
    Edited by KaiDynasty on February 8, 2017 11:47AM
  • Angus
    Angus
    ✭✭✭
    Zergs can be great.

Sometimes you just want to be drunken a** and waffle around with your friends:

200w.gif

Sometimes you want to just watch the chaos and maybe snatch a passerby or two:

giphy.gif

Of course, if you've got a big ego, loud mouth, bad attitude, and affinity for trite politics, you'll enjoy wearing that crown:

giphy.gif

But IMHO, being alone still give the best adrenaline rush in these moments (especially when your own Zerg swoops in out of nowhere and saves your sorry bottom at the last second):

200w.gif

Angus of Noquar franchise.
    And some others.