The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.0.2 on the PTS on Monday at 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC).

Attunning Clothier set station

Cabot
Cabot
✭✭✭
While trying to attune the clothier station, Vampire's Kiss, in Alik’r Desert, I got the standard message "you have to be close to a set station. ( got as close as I could to it, even jumped on top of it...)

Failing there, the same character went to the East March Vampire's Kiss clothier station and had no issues...do we have a broken station or is my character too ugly for even a vampire to kiss???

<sigh>
Cabot
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good catch ... I couldn't get it to activate an attunable clothier station either.

uny318H.png

On the other hand, the Song of Lamae clothier station (also in Alik'r Desert) worked fine ...

QiNssMU.png
  • Kazya
    Kazya
    ✭✭✭
    I had that in one of the Hew's bane craft places (don't remember which one), when I was standing close to the station in question. Though I went so I was pretty much in the middle of the whole place, and was able to attune there. So I don't think you actually need to be near the respective clothier/WW/BS furniture, but more in the area of the whole station...

I hate not finding the right words to use, but I hope it was understandable? (english isn't my native language and I'm too tired to go search for the words I looking for :) )
    Mother Earth and Father Night gives me comfort, protection and shelter every step I take.
    Brother Sun gives me the warmth I need, while Sister Moon lit my path so I don't get lost.
    Auntie Life follows me on my journey until Uncle Death sing me the last lullaby.
    /C.O 20121122
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kazya wrote: »
    I had that in one of the Hew's bane craft places (don't remember which one), when I was standing close to the station in question. Though I went so I was pretty much in the middle of the whole place, and was able to attune there. So I don't think you actually need to be near the respective clothier/WW/BS furniture, but more in the area of the whole station...

I hate not finding the right words to use, but I hope it was understandable? (english isn't my native language and I'm too tired to go search for the words I looking for :) )

I'm sure the OP tried all angles around the table, as did I.

I think this one is an actual bug ... unless you want to give it a shot on PTS, @Kazya, and let us know your findings ...
  • Kazya
    Kazya
    ✭✭✭
    I do that, and I think I didn't manage to explain myself proeprly. I meant that you shouldn't be around the clothing table :) But I'll try to see if I manage to make it work with how I think, and if so I take screens to show... hopefully better than I am able to explain lol
    Mother Earth and Father Night gives me comfort, protection and shelter every step I take.
    Brother Sun gives me the warmth I need, while Sister Moon lit my path so I don't get lost.
    Auntie Life follows me on my journey until Uncle Death sing me the last lullaby.
    /C.O 20121122
  • Kazya
    Kazya
    ✭✭✭
    Now let's see... took a few screen to try to show where I meant. Vampire's kiss, as well as a few other places is requiring you to not stand near the tables, but more in the middle of the whole area which is the set station.. let's hope the screen is better to explain than I am :)

Screenshot_20170204_033100_zpsnfs8bu0x.jpg
    /C.O 20121122
  • Cabot
    Cabot
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the help guys. Kazya, you explained it very well.

My problem was, I had walked right up to the blacksmith station and attuned it just fine...walked up to the woodworking station and attuned just fine. Then I walked up to the clothier station and it didn't work.

Thanks again for checking it out for me...once again I dodged evidence that I'm going crazy,
    Cabot
  • Kazya
    Kazya
    ✭✭✭
    You're most welcome, took a while for me to figure it out when I ran into that problem in the hew's bane place. I am sure I was looking more like a headless chicken where I was running around trying to geet it to work :)

Edited by Kazya on February 4, 2017 12:11PM
    /C.O 20121122